PDA

View Full Version : the phoebe prince lawsuit against the bullies

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2010, 08:09 PM
So do yall think we should be able to prosecute and perhaps sentence the bullies to do time if found guilty?

EmptyMan
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
No.

There are ways to get back at bullies other than hanging yourself.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
like buying a handgun gathering up fellow outcasts and blasting away every phony in the entire school?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2010, 10:52 PM
yeah
i think they had automatics at columbine

what do you think bout the lawsuits pimpo?

EmptyMan
04-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Well, you could always bring a handgun to school, put it in bully's bag/locker, give anonymous tip to authorities, and profit that way.

j/k FBI, just looking for peaceful solution :hat

I don't see the need to create new legal punishment for something that has been happening for every generation in the past. Regardless if the attention whores have tools like Facebook and Twitter these days.

boutons_deux
04-08-2010, 12:14 AM
"not like you can actually make someone commit suicide"

many suicides by bullied teens say otherwise.

TeyshaBlue
04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
it's not like you can actually make someone commit suicide

uh....yes you can.

Stringer_Bell
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
When I first heard about this, I knew there was more to it than "poor Irish immigrant arrives at new school and is bullied mercilessly." Then the statutory rape charges came out and a new picture began to emerge. According to the time line given, this girl was making waves when she started school as a vulnerable object. The girls immediately started teasing her (that's mean, sure) but then after months of teasing she ended up having sex with TWO upper classmen. A few weeks later before the big dance, she hung herself in brutal fashion.

Where were HER parents when she was innocently banging two dudes associated with the crowd that teased her? Was she really naive enough to seek acceptance by screwing around after she'd been called "whore" and "slut" before she even screwed around? Why couldn't she just leave the school? Why didn't her parents put blocks on her Facebook/Myspace to keep the bad kids from writing fucked up shit?

Someone close to this girl, NOT classmates or friends, needed to stop it. I'm leaning toward her own parents. Yes, those kids were assholes, but at some point you need to truthfully look at the position this girl allowed herself to be put in. We give "children" so much freedom, yet we can't seem to understand when they aren't mature or intelligent enough to use it.

TeyshaBlue
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM
When I first heard about this, I knew there was more to it than "poor Irish immigrant arrives at new school and is bullied mercilessly." Then the statutory rape charges came out and a new picture began to emerge. According to the time line given, this girl was making waves when she started school as a vulnerable object. The girls immediately started teasing her (that's mean, sure) but then after months of teasing she ended up having sex with TWO upper classmen. A few weeks later before the big dance, she hung herself in brutal fashion.

Where were HER parents when she was innocently banging two dudes associated with the crowd that teased her? Was she really naive enough to seek acceptance by screwing around after she'd been called "whore" and "slut" before she even screwed around? Why couldn't she just leave the school? Why didn't her parents put blocks on her Facebook/Myspace to keep the bad kids from writing fucked up shit?

Someone close to this girl, NOT classmates or friends, needed to stop it. I'm leaning toward her own parents. Yes, those kids were assholes, but at some point you need to truthfully look at the position this girl allowed herself to be put in. We give "children" so much freedom, yet we can't seem to understand when they aren't mature or intelligent enough to use it.

I agree with much of this, however I doubt seriously the parents were privy to her banging a couple of seniors until well after the event. The parents actively engaged the school...yet the school did nothing....nothing to address this problem. While there is arguably some responsibility in the parent's camp, they at least demonstrated that they were aware of the problem....a far keener awareness than what the school demonstrated. IMHO, the school should be sued to the ground and the ground around it sued as well. As an ex-teacher, I can tell you they knew exactly what the fuck was going on but chose not to confront the popular girls (and their parental units).

Stringer_Bell
04-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree with much of this, however I doubt seriously the parents were privy to her banging a couple of seniors until well after the event. The parents actively engaged the school...yet the school did nothing....nothing to address this problem. While there is arguably some responsibility in the parent's camp, they at least demonstrated that they were aware of the problem....a far keener awareness than what the school demonstrated. IMHO, the school should be sued to the ground and the ground around it sued as well. As an ex-teacher, I can tell you they knew exactly what the fuck was going on but chose not to confront the popular girls (and their parental units).

Alrighty, let's sue everyone BUT there is a time line we need to follow. This girl was being treated harshly for months, then in December banged two dudes which made the teasing even worse (perhaps as a self-fulfilling prophecy or an act to create REAL jealously among the other girls). If my daughter was being harassed for months to the point where people of authority need to be notified, I'd make sure she was in my sight and I'd know everything she's doing. If she's lying to me and banging dudes and making things more difficult for herself...I failed. That's on me not knowing who I raised and pissed off I kept her in that school.

Sure, let the heads roll and people should probably be replaced...but I hope no one feels like the parents deserve shit loads of money and sympathy.