PDA

View Full Version : mavs-Ws offseason trade idea

Darthkiller
04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
mavs trade Ericka Dampier for Andris Bierdrins + Ronny Turiaf.

:whine

Ghazi
04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Biedrins sucks tbh.

dmavs41
04-07-2010, 09:55 PM
id take that over dampier

Darthkiller
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM
another one is dampier for dalembert.

Amarelooms
04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
another one is dampier for dalembert.

Already probably gonna re-sign Haywood...why would they do that. Mavs need a real SG who can score 20+ and take over games to help Dirk :elephant

monosylab1k
04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
If that's the best the Mavs can do with Dampier's contract, i'm just going to put a bullet in my head.

monosylab1k
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Mavs will go for either Iguodala or Monta Ellis with Dampier's contract.

Findog
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Mavs will go for either Iguodala or Monta Ellis with Dampier's contract.

Give me Iggy. Damp might also boomerang back.

monosylab1k
04-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Give me Iggy. Damp might also boomerang back.

Meh. My opinion on Iggy has gone south quick. He likes to take the ball upcourt and jack up a terrible midrange shot before the offense can even get set. He's nowhere near the slasher he used to be. Ever since his status in the league elevated, he thinks he can dominate the ball like a superstar. Reminds me way too much of J-Ho.

We've always been screaming for someone who will attack the basket relentlessly, and Monta does exactly that. He may dominate the ball a bit, but I'll take that if it comes with a lot of easy buckets around the basket.

bostonguy
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Is Iggy more of a 2 or 3?

Plus if you land Iggy, who goes to the bench?

monosylab1k
04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Plus if you land Iggy, who goes to the bench?

If they get Iggy then probably Marion goes to the bench because Iggy can be a defensive stopper. If they get Ellis, I'd say Butler becomes the new 6th man and hopefully JET takes a seat next to Matt Carroll.

Come_On_Now
04-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I'd be happy with Ellis or Iggy.

monosylab1k
04-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Iggy's contract matches up perfectly with Dampier's, which could be big.

Also, I think there's a reason Cuban is getting so chummy with Nellie lately. If he wasn't coveting something on the GS roster, I'm pretty sure he'd still have that same animosity towards him.

Findog
04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Meh. My opinion on Iggy has gone south quick. He likes to take the ball upcourt and jack up a terrible midrange shot before the offense can even get set. He's nowhere near the slasher he used to be. Ever since his status in the league elevated, he thinks he can dominate the ball like a superstar. Reminds me way too much of J-Ho.

We've always been screaming for someone who will attack the basket relentlessly, and Monta does exactly that. He may dominate the ball a bit, but I'll take that if it comes with a lot of easy buckets around the basket.

Iggy plays D and Monta doesn't. Pretty easy decision for me. Roddy with a year under his belt playing 20-25 minutes a game is a guy who can take guys off the dribble.

Ghazi
04-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Iguodala's a better defender and one of the best finishers in the painted area. Good passer too and more size.

Iggy >>> Monta IMO.

I haven't watched much of the Sixers this year though, his stats have taken a slight dip and he's shooting too many 3's at an inefficient clip. I'd hope this is more due to the fact that the Sixers blow than him becoming a chucker :)

dirk4mvp
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I'd rather have Ellis slightly over Iggy. imho, it's not fair to label him a poor defender without first seeing him in a better system than the backyard pickup system he's currently in.

Also he can score with anyone in the league.

timvpimp
04-07-2010, 10:58 PM

hasn't monta reminded you of Devin Harris? When healthy Monta is one greedy attacker around the basket, which I admit but he's only available for a margin of 60 games a season due to his vulnerability to injuries.

timvpimp
04-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Neither Iggy nor Monta would make a sheer difference to this team IMHO, some positive changes will be made like improvements in perimeter D with Iggy or Ellis joining Mavs, but no way will such a move give Mavs a shot at championship that Mavs fans have been slobbering over for half a decade. I would prefer a sign&trade deal with Hawks for Joe Johnson IF i were a mavs fan.

Ghazi
04-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Cram it Rogue. adding IGuodala to the team for nothing would definitely pay dividends. Iguodala is a legitimate 2nd tier star in this league.

Mav sdespite their improved depth this year are still a 1 star team.

Findog
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Cram it Rogue. adding IGuodala to the team for nothing would definitely pay dividends. Iguodala is a legitimate 2nd tier star in this league.

Also, there's a good chance Damp would come back here for a portion of the MLE. So nothing is literally right.

timvpimp
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM

after losing JET to a seat next to Matt Carroll, you will have to relegate either Marion or Butler to the 6th role with Iggy filling in starting, but I don't think iggy is such a significant upgrade over Butler o Marion and the roster will probably remain the same quality as this season. You know what the Mavs are going to achieve this season- an honorific 1st round appearance and all. Mavs are one SUPERSTAR away from culminating not one guy of the same caliber as the boys you already have not named Dirk.