PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner is Useless..

GodFamilySPURS
04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I can't wait until his contract expires after this season. He has sucked his whole career beside a few 3 point streaks. My lease favorite Spur for sure.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::flag::flag::flag::fla g::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

8FOR!3
04-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Null argument. Roger Mason sucks. Matt Bonner has been doing good things for a while now, developing his game more and more, taking it the lane now a lot more.

BanditHiro
04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Ban Him Please

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Sorry, but with a name like godfamilyspurs, you are not entitled to an opinion

GodFamilySPURS
04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Roger Mason Jr has made some clutch shots. He would be more productive if Pop gave him more minutes.

Matt Bonner is not athletic, and has two moves; 3 point shooting, and a ugly drive to the hole.

GodFamilySPURS
04-07-2010, 10:20 PM
ThisPego? that is a great SN.

ffadicted
04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
damn, wrong thread

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Roger Mason Jr has made some clutch shots. He would be more productive if Pop gave him more minutes.

Matt Bonner is not athletic, and has two moves; 3 point shooting, and a ugly drive to the hole.

Better than the one move your ugly daughter has

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Matt Bonner is a piece of shit. given up at least half a dozen on defense. i would poop in his mouth if i could.

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
ThisPego? that is a great SN.

No one gives a shit about your god your family or your opinion. So shut the fuck up

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
both of you are retards. Mason AND Bonner suck.

ffadicted
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
lol internet tough guys

8FOR!3
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Better than the one move your ugly daughter has

:lol

GodFamilySPURS
04-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Thank you Creation. I definitely concur about Bonner.

ThisPego, I am not on here to go back and forth with you with petty condescending comments. Grow up and show some class.

Also, I don't have a daughter smart guy. haha

Spursfan092120
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Truth is, Matt has stepped it up and has earned his spot on this team, and his minutes.

8FOR!3
04-07-2010, 10:29 PM
I've got no personal attacks, I just think Bonner's a solid role player and don't understand why people don't respect his production.

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Matt Bonner fucking sucks on defense. I'm better off playing my chancla or my office chair on defense.

plus he's the definition of inconsistent on offense.

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Matt Bonner is easy to figure out...you put him in the game, have him shoot it twice, if he misses, put him on the beer bucket duty in club 200. If he hits them, it's fuckin on! :lol

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Matt Bonner fucking sucks on defense. I'm better off playing my chancla or my office chair on defense.

plus he's the definition of inconsistent on offense.

You don't know shit about basketball or you haven't been watching the spurs the last couple of months. Bonners post defense has been a big part of our success the past few months. So you, also, shut the fuck up

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Thank you Creation. I definitely concur about Bonner.

ThisPego, I am not on here to go back and forth with you with petty condescending comments. Grow up and show some class.

Also, I don't have a daughter smart guy. haha

I'm all class. You're the one on here starting threads like you know something about basketball

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:44 PM
You don't know shit about basketball or you haven't been watching the spurs the last couple of months. Bonners post defense has been a big part of our success the past few months. So you, also, shut the fuck up

suck a dick. i've watched every fucking game this season, i split season tickets. bonner is a liability on defense and if you don't understand that with his white ass highlighted on the court i don't know what else will make you realize it.

i bet you believe Bruce Bowen was the best scoring Spur ever too. idiot.

GodFamilySPURS
04-07-2010, 10:47 PM
hahahaha True

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:47 PM

Bonner is useless...

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
suck a dick. i've watched every fucking game this season, i split season tickets. bonner is a liability on defense and if you don't understand that with his white ass highlighted on the court i don't know what else will make you realize it.

i bet you believe Bruce Bowen was the best scoring Spur ever too. idiot.

White skin and red hair does not equal sshitty player. Open your eyes you fuckin bigot. One of these days, if I ever have time, I'll teach you about the game of basketball

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
White skin and red hair does not equal sshitty player. Open your eyes you fuckin bigot. One of these days, if I ever have time, I'll teach you about the game of basketball

no but it definitely helps in highlighting yourself to idiot-fucking-morons you believe you're a good basketball player.

the only thing Matt Bonner has ever done is make a few 3s to keep stupid morons believing that he's worth a space on this team. you've been fooled.

oh yeah, he's also shored up and disappeared in the Playoffs.

thispego
Bonner is useless...

sequ you want me to set up that meeting between you and e20dylan so y'all can tussle?

Creation88
maybe you can teach everyone how you suck a redheads dick too?

itzsoweezee
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
he is absolutely horrible

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
sequ you want me to set up that meeting between you and e20dylan so y'all can tussle?

who the hell is that? how many posts does he have? am I supposed to know that poster?

Truckules
04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
His defense is supremely underrated. He can't hang with athletic forwards, but against the slower players he can hold his own on D. Also, the fact that he can hit the 3-pointer really stretches opposing defenses and opens up the paint for drives. He's had some shitty streaks, but so has every other player in the league minus Lebron. He's not a starter, but he's very respectable off the bench.

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:56 PM
can't hang with athletic forwards? and what is the Spurs #1 opposition? athleticism.

not needed on this team.

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:56 PM
no but it definitely helps in highlighting yourself to idiot-fucking-morons you believe you're a good basketball player.

the only thing Matt Bonner has ever done is make a few 3s to keep stupid morons believing that he's worth a space on this team. you've been fooled.

oh yeah, he's also shored up and disappeared in the Playoffs.

Yeah we really had a chance last year. Trust me, and you wouldn't know, being a new fan and all, but us losing was not bonners fault last year

Whisky Dog
04-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Having a bad shooting night. That happens.

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:57 PM
the other night against the Magic he had 15 pts. i was at the game and counted all the points he gave up on defense: 26. he still owed me 11 pts. sad.

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:58 PM
maybe you can teach everyone how you suck a redheads dick too?

Filthy filthy bigot. Why do you feel inferior based on the color of your skin?

Whisky Dog
Problem with Bonner is bad shooting nights tend to happen a lot more after April starts. This may be his last year to prove differently.

Creation88
Having a bad shooting night. That happens.

dude he's shooting 27% from 3 this month so far. hasn't been close to his 52% in Oct all year.

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:59 PM
80% of the time Matt Bonner sucks ass...

I don't know how you can't recognize that. It's pretty fuckin obvious homes.

Creation88
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Filthy filthy bigot. Why do you feel inferior based on the color of your skin?

lol seriously? it's not about race. Bonner could be a Michael Jordan clone, but if he played like Matt Bonner I'd still wanna poop in his mouth. the dude is garbage.

Spurminator
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah we really had a chance last year. Trust me, and you wouldn't know, being a new fan and all, but us losing was not bonners fault last year

It was probably Tony's.

Creation88
04-07-2010, 11:02 PM

a new fan? now you gotta get a diaper for your mouth, because that's where the crap comes out.

Truckules
04-07-2010, 11:02 PM
can't hang with athletic forwards? and what is the Spurs #1 opposition? athleticism.

not needed on this team.

The Spurs #1 opposition is whoever they're playing that night. The FO will address the need of an athletic forward who can defend in the upcoming draft. The Spurs need shooters, and thus they need Matt. He's the third best 3-point shooter on the team.

NRHector
04-07-2010, 11:06 PM
80% of the time Matt Bonner sucks ass...

I don't know how you can't recognize that. It's pretty fuckin obvious homes.well at least he's solid at sucking ass :lol

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Would this be a good thread for me to up my post total on? What are you guys talking about? Is it Matt Bonner? Does he have red hair? Is he crappy on defense? . . . Fascinating!

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Would this be a good thread for me to up my post total on? What are you guys talking about? Is it Matt Bonner? Does he have red hair? Is he crappy on defense? . . . Fascinating!

Yeah, this is probably something you could probably handle.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, this is probably something you could probably handle.
You are my bitch and you know it.

EmptyMan
04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Bonner with the sky hook baby!

honestfool84
04-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Kareem-Abdul Bonner!

thispego
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
One of these days you kids will learn something about the game of basketball and the difference between useless and useful.

Borosai
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
One of these days you kids will learn something about the game of basketball and the difference between useless and useful.

WWMBD? He would forgive them.

senorglory
04-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't like Bonner at all either. I would much want a good defensive big man coming off the bench then a sometimes solid 3pt shooter and that cannot play defense. We need to let his bum ass leave to another team because he is not what we need.

Budkin
04-10-2010, 11:30 PM

:rollin

spurtech09
04-10-2010, 11:35 PM
lol people are so funny lmao.....hey by the way bonner has been playing pretty good ball.....mason hmmm iffy.......he has been hitting some shots as of late so thats a good sign.....lets go spurs

raspsa
04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Bonner brings a unique skillset no other big has. He'll be around a long time.

jermaine
04-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Fuck all yall. That's Matt Bonner yall talking about. He's the only reason we was in the game against the Griz.(My 1st in person Spurs gm). He plays his heart out. Its not his fault he's not athletic. He's my "brother from anotha mother". Lmao. Next to Manu he's my fav Spur!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Bonner has his uses.

My least favourite Spur of all time has to be The Animated Corpse of Nick Van Exel... ugh.

duhoh
04-11-2010, 12:09 AM
bonner hustles out there.

you expect him to defend like duncan?

idiots.

silverblackfan
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Bonner had a nice game on the defense tonight. Got an interception and a couple of blocks. Bonner is growing before our eyes into a better player. The other teams just see a 3 point big, but he is changing into a nice role player.

spurs10
04-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Bonner had a nice game on the defense tonight. Got an interception and a couple of blocks. Bonner is growing before our eyes into a better player. The other teams just see a 3 point big, but he is changing into a nice role player.
Agreed.

Cane
04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Bonner was having a relatively great season until he injured his hand and it looks like he's back on the right track. That floater/jump hook he's added has been a high percentage go-to move that no one in the league respects as well.

His defense is decent however its limited by his height and lack of athleticism...however he does have some potentially important niche roles like defending against Ron Artest as seen in that blowout game @ LA.

If he's not playing for the Spurs he'll find his place elsewhere. It'd be interesting to see how he'd do in Mike D'Antoni or SVG's three point happy systems.

cheney212
04-11-2010, 02:06 AM

WTF even when RMJ gets quality minutes he just misses horribly atleast bonner can hit 1 or 2 threes

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Hope he goes to Boston next year to hang with his buddy Finley :td

rascal
04-11-2010, 10:20 AM

He also can't rebound or block shots and is slow footed on defense and misses clutch shots.

Kindergarten Cop
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I guess I am in the minority here, because I have been pleasantly surprised by Bonner's play this year - especially on defense. Last night's game was a great example of how he has improved and how much he hustles on defense. He will never be in the discussion as a great post defender but if he maintains what he does on offense (including his new baby sky hook :lol ) and continues to improve on the defensive end, I would LOVE for the Spurs to re-sign him and continue to bring him off the bench. As he continues to improve defensively, he will begin to get more respect from the officials also. He has had clean blocks in back to back games (that even the opposing play-by-play guys noted) that were called fouls simply because they are not used to seeing him play effective defense. Again, I realize that I am in the minority here but I just thought I'd chime in.:flag:

Creation88
04-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Bonner had an above average game on defense yesterday.

but on the Grizzlies game, sure he was awesome on offense. but his idiot play down the stretch killed us. 2 costly TOs down the stretch. he just panics in crunch time, just like last year's playoffs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
bonner hustles out there.

you expect him to defend like duncan?

idiots.

I expect him to get more than 4 rebounds and block a shot once a month at least.

Teams see him at center and know the lane is wide open.

Plus he's about as anti-clutch as they come in crunch time.

BronxCowboy
04-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Bonner is good, if you appreciate him for what he is. No, he isn't a very good rebounder, and he isn't a regular shot blocker, but he is a better defender than he gets credit for on this board. He doesn't foul a lot, and although he has had several glaring errors late in games recently, he doesn't turn the ball over much. He shoots the three as well as any big man in the league, and he doesn't require a lot of touches to be effective. He'll never produce enough to be a starter, but neither will he ever complain about coming of the bench, or cost your team an arm and a leg. Bottom line: of all the Spurs who will be free agents this summer, Bonner is the one they should really try to re-sign.

BronxCowboy
04-11-2010, 12:41 PM
He has had clean blocks in back to back games (that even the opposing play-by-play guys noted) that were called fouls

Actually, this has been happening to him for a while now. I remember watching some Toronto games when he was with the Raptors, and thinking how the Spurs could use his hustle on defense, and how he actually made some good defensive plays and couldn't catch a break from the refs. Then of course, he does go and get lost on defense for stretches, but he's probably been the most underappreciated Spur since he arrived in San Antonio.

Kindergarten Cop
04-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Bet spurs try to resign the guy. He sucks ass.....just think if pops had put as much time and effort into developing Ian what he would be by now.

To be fair, how do we know that Pop actually hasn't put as much time and effort into developing Ian? If you are referring to actual game time, the Spurs have been extremely unfortunate this year at not being able to afford to give players more time to develop as we have in years past. We've had to expend so much time and energy to fit other pieces into our rotation and the western conference is so much more competitive.