04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Good name
Thanks

jgome21
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
not until he learns how to defend the pick n roll

thispego
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Temple hasn't done shit yet, but I guess lefty jus wanted to coin the phrase before anyone else had a chance

tothrowed
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
temple has been better than mason

lefty
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Temple hasn't done shit yet, but I guess lefty jus wanted to coin the phrase before anyone else had a chance
Maybe :D

8FOR!3
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm not sold yet. His name on NBA 2K10 is going to look bad...

GARRETT TEMPLE

I can't deal with a capitol L before a capitol E, it just doesn't look right.

Yeah, I'm hoping there's a better answer than him.

:lol

lefty
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm not sold yet. His name on NBA 2K10 is going to look bad...

GARRETT TEMPLE

I can't deal with a capitol L before a capitol E, it just doesn't look right.

Yeah, I'm hoping there's a better answer than him.

:lol
Come on

Join us :hat

Food tastes better here; you will have more energy and self-confidence than you have ever had

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2010, 10:46 PM
tap the brakes there gallahad

lefty
04-07-2010, 11:34 PM
gallahad?

ffadicted
04-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Must you reply to every reply in your thread lol

And Temple is coming up big and making the most of his opportunities, but taking him over mason is just dumb lol

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2010, 12:34 AM
He had 0 assists and 3 turnovers tonight..he only created 1 of his FGs and it was in transition..he has impressed me and has good potential, but I thought he took a couple of bad shots and made some stupid decisions tonight, which is expected from an inexperienced rookie..I'd still like to see him get some PT while Hill is out, he's shown some potential, could be a future asset..

ace3g
04-08-2010, 12:43 AM
if he starts the next 2 games: Memphis and Denver: It probably guarantees that Pop is using him as a place setter for when Hill returns to keep the Hill, Manu, RJ, Tim, Dice starting lineup in tact

cd98
04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Temple expectations should be back down to earth after he was used and abused by Steve Nash.

I do miss Bruce Bowen. He always gave Nash fits.

wildbill2u
04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Maybe we ought to temper our comments. The kid has only played two games for us and is a rookie. He will make rookie mistakes.
Compare him to Hairston for example when both are on the floor and he comes off very well.

On the plus side, he works hard and seems to have a nose for scoring, much like Blair. How many rookies can get thrown into a starting position this soon after joining a team out of the D league and handle it as well as he has?:tu

Like the guy screamed at the 10th floor after falling off a skyscraper, "It's OK so far."

Muser
04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Tap the brakes.

TDomination
04-08-2010, 09:14 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/samstheman513/parcell58f6137f90.jpg

"lets put away the anointing oil"

but i am liking temple

in2deep
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Hill + Temple could be a 2 headed PG monster next season.

Could we trade parker? and what could we get for him?

in2deep
04-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Temple expectations should be back down to earth after he was used and abused by Steve Nash.

then again, Parker and the rest of the team were used and abused by Stevie last nite

elbamba
04-08-2010, 10:17 AM
He'll make a quality back up pg in this league. He needs to work on his defense and his passing.

G-Dawgg
04-08-2010, 10:22 AM
He's is a pretty good player for a 3rd stringer. Nothing more.
I wouldn't get too excited.....

Flux451
04-08-2010, 10:37 AM
His passing actually looked good last night for only starting twice with a new team. He turned up his pick and roll defense late. I thought he helped more when he was in the game than Parker last night.

I think it is too early to bring Parker back. Maybe 10mins a game. Why fuck up our chemistry right away?

yavozerb
04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
How can anybody dog his defense against Nash? Nash is an elite pg who makes 99% of his defenders look bad..

Muser
04-08-2010, 10:57 AM

Wow...Just..Wow..

BillMc
04-08-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm not quite ready for a temple. Maybe a small shrine and open land to build...

EricB
04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
I like his potential for next year. That said the more I see of him the more he reminds me of Jason hart.

yavozerb
04-08-2010, 11:04 AM

your kidding right..:lol

Muser
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Temple has 2 nice games againt Sacramento and Phoenix and people are ready to boot TP out the door, just wow..

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Temple has 2 nice games againt Sacramento and Phoenix and people are ready to boot TP out the door, just wow..

He didn't even have a nice game vs. Phoenix, it was alright at best, so it's even funnier..

ohmwrecker
04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do in next year's draft. Temple was really impressive vs Crapramento, not so much vs the Suns. He is not really ready for post season pressure. He will get a legit shot next year. Pop has a real knack for developing young PGs. If he works out, he can give Hill more minutes at the 2 where he is most effective. I would not feel very good about trading Parker and being left with only Hill/Temple to run the point. That idea is absurd.

lefty
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do in next year's draft. Temple was really impressive vs Crapramento, not so much vs the Suns. He is not really ready for post season pressure. He will get a legit shot next year. Pop has a real knack for developing young PGs. If he works out, he can give Hill more minutes at the 2 where he is most effective. I would not feel very good about trading Parker and being left with only Hill/Temple to run the point. That idea is absurd.
Good post

SenorSpur
04-09-2010, 06:19 PM

Very good post, in fact.

In another thread, I also stated my belief in Temple's hidden value is that it would afford Pop the luxury of being able to play Hill more at the 2 spot. It seems to me that Temple has a more natural feel for the PG position than Hill. With continued development, I could see Temple eventually getting rotation minutes at the backup PG spot.

However, let's all drop any notion that this team is better off without Parker.

Spursfan092120
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
kid can play...has a lot of proving to do, but he can play.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Temple is basically a combo PG, while Hairston is a defensive, athletic slasher..so with Hill out, Pop needs a ballhandler to replace Hill, so he went with Temple, despite Temple not showing much in the small sample size prior to getting the starting job in place of Hill..

If Jefferson or Bogans was out, Pop would go with Hairston..

I actually like how Pop's been doing that..Hairston obviously has ballhandling issues, so he went with the logical move in Temple to be the ballhandler instead of relying on Mason to do it..too bad he doesn't know how to work the rest of the rotation though..

He moved ahead of Ian because everybody is ahead of Ian..

Cant_Be_Faded
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Temple shows great flashes as an NBA defender

He is definitely a poor man's George Hill right now.

Also, amazing how he seems to have a knack for knocking down the Bowen Three just like Hill.

If he can get awesome at set threes, I think he has a future on this team.

He is the most interesting of prospects: one that has the athleticism and hunger to be an NBA player.

He just needs to raise his skill set higher.

Blackjack
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
He gives me the feel of a shorter Doug Christie. Maybe a little bit of a poor man's version, but similar.

According to Kori, the Spurs aren't completely sold on Hill's future at the point. And even if I believe he'll end up there, playing it in a similar fashion to Tony, there's nothing wrong with being able to run a Triangle-like backcourt out there that can play interchangeable roles on both ends. It's something I think they were hoping Marcus Williams could grow into and something I've advocated for in the past.

I've always liked Temple, but he's much more well-rounded than I gave him credit for (or he's had some pretty significant growth in his game). He really seems to fit in this system and around this group, and you've got to believe he's opened the Spurs' eyes; rookies straight out of the D-League aren't supposed to acquit themselves this well, right off the bat, on this team and under this circumstance.

My personal feelings aside, his game and skill set are much easier to find a home for in this offense than Malik; at least he's a player I think they know how to better utilize . . .

lefty
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
bump

Blackjack
04-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Some people just fit with a team and system.

Temple looks to fit with these Spurs; I'm glad Sean's not the only one who was reminded of Tyreke Evans on his 2-step drive.