PDA

View Full Version : Mason and RJ appreciation blog

nbaman99
04-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Ok we were yelling at this guy for a while now, but tonight he played like old Mason so lets give him a big hand for tonight. He played great, along with RJ.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Mason's shooting was great, not his overall game..his D was horrible, as usual..I don't know if I've ever seen somebody miss so many rotations..

RJ played well in the 1st half, but he had some really stupid turnovers down the stretch..his D was poor as well, which sucked to see since he's made some strides defensively over these last few weeks..

ShoogarBear
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM
I didn't get to see any of the game. Why was Mason's +/- so sucktastic? Just happenstance?

ffadicted
04-08-2010, 12:32 AM
RJ got way too frustrated with officiating and the game in itself not going our way, you could see in his body language, he didn't keep his composure. Good effort in the game, but that's not a good sign for the playoffs, we'll see what happens

timvpimp
04-08-2010, 12:33 AM
I didn't get to see any of the game. Why was Mason's +/- so sucktastic? Just happenstance?
obviously Hollinger hates Mason and other players with similar styles of play.

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Cue TJastal talking about Mason in 3....2....1.

:lol

EricB
04-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I thought rj played a great game. Mason was just OK. Encouraging though to see masons shot go down. Can't blame rj too much for the mental miscues in the second half u could tell he was running out of gas too.

kaji157
04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Mason shot great but his defense was horrid, everytime he entered the game the suns went on a run. At one point in the game he had like a -26 in 20 minutes played.

tothrowed
04-08-2010, 12:54 AM
mason sucks and i blame this game on pop wtf was he thinking going to the startes who were all struggling i mean comon now u see when tim is in there they force him the ball and shit goes wrong

Ice009
04-08-2010, 12:55 AM
You can give Mason Jr. props for his offense, but then you can take it all away because of his play on the defensive end.

Tough to give Mason Jr. any minutes IMO.

Mel_13
04-08-2010, 12:58 AM
RJ has been playing well for more than a month. He'll need him to keep it up for this team to make a deep playoff run.

As for RMJ, I'm looking forward to Hill's speedy return to health.

MannyIsGod
04-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Fuck Mason. Wish we could still trade him.

kaji157
04-08-2010, 01:03 AM
I would hope Mason gets injuried, for real.. i donīt like the guy, never did. And i spent last season calling him a choker because he choked in the PO before, and choked with us against Dallas.
He is the kind of players that Pop think can turn into a Parker or Ginobili but are not more than a poor manīs Devin Brown.

anonoftheinternets
04-08-2010, 01:12 AM
mason sucked on D, but sometimes in spot situations we need someone who can knock down open threes other than bonner, since finley left us .... so its encouraging that he is finding some form. You cant expect him to suddenly play defense this year or the next. Best we can hope for is that he hits some shots, which he appeared to do this game.

TJastal
04-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I think the +/- was a fluke tonight, Mason's defense wasn't bad people are just so used to using this is as the reason the spurs lose games. Mason's defense didn't cause the spurs to shoot 6-25 from the arc and miss 11 free throws did it? Didn't think so...

Mason's fine as long as he doesn't have to create his own shot off the dribble. He's still a terrific spot up shooter out there and should be very effective tandem out there with Parker.

ElNono
04-08-2010, 01:19 AM
I think the +/- was a fluke tonight, Mason's defense wasn't bad people are just so used to using this is as the reason the spurs lose games.

No, his defense is terrible even when we win. There's no two ways to look at it.

Borosai
04-08-2010, 01:52 AM
He shot well, but his defense was pretty bad. Nash and Richardson had a field day when he was on them. And he still can't handle the ball with confidence or finish in the paint. He is what he is, but at least now we only have one of those.

The Spurs lost at the FT line and by turning the ball over. Dumb, sloppy plays. But Spurs basketball used to be about defense and accountability on that end. Now? Not so much.

TJastal
04-08-2010, 02:05 AM
He shot well, but his defense was pretty bad. Nash and Richardson had a field day when he was on them. And he still can't handle the ball with confidence or finish in the paint. He is what he is, but at least now we only have one of those.

The Spurs lost at the FT line and by turning the ball over. Dumb, sloppy plays. But Spurs basketball used to be about defense and accountability on that end. Now? Not so much.

ROFL

Blair and Duncan blow a dozen chip-shots between them tonight and Mason's single garbage time missed layup gets all the scrutiny and condemnation by the spurstalk regs

Oops... did I just blow protocol by saying that? <gulp>...