PDA

View Full Version : Who does ST want 1st round of the playoffs?

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:46 AM
With only 4 games left in the season the possibilities remain wide open.

assuming we don't have homecourt in the first round who would spurstalk prefer we play?

Spurs regular season record vs top 5

Lakers- 2-2
Jazz- 0-4
Denver- 1-2 (1 game remaining)
Dallas- 1-2 (1 game remaining)
Phoenix- 1-2

Vote.

tothrowed
04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
there all match up problems because of there bigs but shit i would take denver

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2010, 12:50 AM
1. Utah
2. Denver
3. Phoenix

4. Dallas

5. LA

DubMcDub
04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
If I were a Spurs fan, I would want the Suns, and it's not even close. Yes I know the Spurs just lost to them an hour ago, but nevertheless....that's the obvious choice.

DMX7
04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
1. Utah

After going 0-4 against them?

vander
04-08-2010, 12:52 AM
LA, to be the best you've got to beat the best, either we can or we can't let's find out, getting only to the second round means nothing to me, there's the Champion and 29 losers.

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Utah or Denver IMO.

DubMcDub
04-08-2010, 12:54 AM
there's the Champion and 29 losers.

I think you should watch Talladega Nights sometime and realize how utterly fucking stupid this sounds.

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:59 AM
I think you should watch Talladega Nights sometime and realize how utterly fucking stupid this sounds.

:lol

Kori Ellis
04-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Lakers.

Might as well get it over with while the Spurs are fresh. If they lose, so be it. It doesn't make a difference to me whether they lose in the first round or the WCF.

vander
04-08-2010, 01:04 AM

yeah I want to gain perspective on life from a Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly movie :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao YGTBFKM

edit: oh, you're a Mavs fan, that makes a little more sense now :lol

ElNono
04-08-2010, 01:05 AM
1. Phoenix
2. Denver
3. Utah
4. Dallas
5. LA

ElNono
04-08-2010, 01:07 AM
LA, to be the best you've got to beat the best, either we can or we can't let's find out, getting only to the second round means nothing to me, there's the Champion and 29 losers.

You mean Cleveland?

vander
04-08-2010, 01:08 AM
You mean Cleveland?

hopefully not

Bukefal
04-08-2010, 01:10 AM
The Mavs. Im not worrying if we play them, we'll beat them. Id rather have the Mavs than the Lakers or any other team in the first round.

Mel_13
04-08-2010, 01:10 AM
1. Denver
2. Utah
3. Phoenix
4. Dallas
5. LA

Sisk
04-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Everyone's pretty split, but I'd take Denver first round.. no Karl first round (hope he gets well soon of course) and possibly miss Kmart not to mention they've been slumping as of late

then:

Phoenix
Utah
Dallas
LA

Amuseddaysleeper
04-08-2010, 01:16 AM
1. Denver
2. Utah
3. Phoenix
4. Dallas
5. LA

:tu

Man In Black
04-08-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm leaning LAL. Ruining their season is always awesome.

1-Team Doctor for the LAL says that Bynum, as of today's MRI, he still cannot run or jump. So all those LAL fans that say he'll be ready for the playoffs...it doesn't look good at all.

2-
But now it’s time to start wondering if and when the Lakers will hit the switch.

L.A. has dropped four of its last six games, a stretch that began with a season-low 75 points in Oklahoma City and continued with just 81 against the Spurs on Sunday. The Lakers have a five-game lead over four teams for the top spot in the West, but they have been the eighth best team in the conference since the All-Star break, both in the standings (14-9) and statistically (+1.2 points per 100 possessions).

Since the break, the Lakers have had the 17th best offense in the league, scoring just 104.8 points per 100 possessions. That’s worse than the league average over that stretch, as well as teams like Chicago (which lost 10 straight at one point) and New York. Defense has been the Lakers’ strength all season, but they’ve been just the 12th best defense in the league since the break.

Is it time to worry? Absolutely, because no matter whom the Lakers play in the first round of the playoffs, that team will come into the postseason playing better basketball than the champs.

3-All of our guards by then, should be healthy. Just look at this, who would you rather have in it's entirety?
Exhibit A-Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, George Hill, Roger Mason Jr., Garrett Temple, Malik Hairston, & Keith Bogans
Exhibit B-Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, & Sasha Vujacic.

4-The LAL just ain't as motivated as they were last season when Boston pissed on their faces the Finals before. That elimination game was literally the kind where it seemed as if Boston knocked them out, pissed green on them to wake them up, and then knocked them out again. Without that embarrassment, they're now just listless.

5-If you think about it, if they don't win it this year, there's a good chance the LAL will be out of it for 2 years because both Pau Gasol & Kobe Bryant haven't had long recovery off-seasons due to National Team Commitments and long playoff runs. This year is the World Championships in Turkey. Gasol has played in the 06 Worlds, he's played in the 08 & 09 NBA Finals and The 08 Beijing Olympics. Bean is the same way minus the 06 World's. He's committed to the 2010 World's for the US.

So again, I'm leaning LAL. Let's off them and then move on to #5.

timvpimp
04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
After going 0-4 against them?
Spurs know how to scrag a team like Utah who also depends their game on teamwork, both teams are team orientated but Spurs are going to win with superior system and coaching. 0-4 just showed how injury plagued this season has been for Spurs, which doesn't mean much about the real reflections of the teams power.

NFGIII
04-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Denver since KMart most likely will either by out or just coming back and rusty.

Utah next even though they have beaten the Spurs 4 times I think we can steal one in SLC. They are a terrible road team and the Spurs "now" aren't the Spurs "then".

Phoenix, Dallas and LA.

One thing though - I've advocated that if we play LA in th e1st round it might be to our advantage. At this point they aren't playing that well and I really don't think that this team can flip the switch and become the team they were last year. And with Bynum out or just coming back then I think the Spurs have a real good chance against them.

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Im just not scared of Utah's roster when I look at it. Of course they have D-Will and Boozer who are playing at a high level but then they have a bunch of scrubs. AK47 and Okur have never done anything against us and then you have guys like CJ miles,Wesley Matthews,Ronnie Price who get good minutes for them. Just doesn't scare me.

timvpimp
04-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Lakers.

Might as well get it over with while the Spurs are fresh. If they lose, so be it. It doesn't make a difference to me whether they lose in the first round or the WCF.
it makes bunches of differences to Spurs owner though, especially considering Grandet isn't too rich. 4 games have to be played at least in each round and I know the teams always share crocodile bites at the cake of TV incomes, haven't you heard about that?

kaji157
04-08-2010, 01:33 AM
The Suns, they would be scared just to know they are facing us in the PO. I remember entering in some Suns forums in 2008 and read some fan posts argueing how they can´t win important games against us.

1. Phoenix
2. Denver
3. Utah
4. Dallas
5. LA

Sisk
04-08-2010, 01:33 AM
it makes bunches of differences to Spurs owner though, especially considering Grandet isn't too rich. 4 games have to be played at least in each round and I know the teams always share crocodile bites at the cake of TV incomes, haven't you heard about that?

Grandet?

TJastal
04-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Lakers.

Might matter to the guy signing the paychecks

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 01:52 AM
k-mart will be back for denver. karl out could hurt that team though. they could still be a scary matchup if they get back to how they were playing in the beginning of the year.

Blackjack
04-08-2010, 01:57 AM
1. Denver
2. Utah
3. Phoenix
4. Dallas
5. LA

This is how I've been leaning.

The Spurs' ownership over Phoenix has me tempted to put them atop the rankings, but these ain't the same Spurs. I always got the impression I was watching someone diffuse a bomb when the Spurs played the Suns in the past, and their steady hands and intelligence always seemed to get the job done (with minimal causalities).

But this team just isn't as heady or steady. They foul at inopportune times, lose focus and miss key rotations; when you've got RJ, Bogans and Mason, it's bound to happen (but they haven't been the only guilty parties).

So give me Denver. The Spurs still seem to have a little bit of a mental edge against them, they've come back to earth a bit and they've got some health issues; I like the Spurs' chances.

TJastal
04-08-2010, 01:58 AM
k-mart will be back for denver. karl out could hurt that team though. they could still be a scary matchup if they get back to how they were playing in the beginning of the year.

I have heard the opposite, that Kmart will not be back this year, his knee is shot.

Kori Ellis
04-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Might matter to the guy signing the paychecks

I was answering for myself. Holt and the other owners can chime in with their own preferences :)

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 02:05 AM
I have heard the opposite, that Kmart will not be back this year, his knee is shot.

I thought i read somewhere where he was supposed to return to practice this week. But, If that's not the case then no Karl or K-Mart, I think Denver would be the easy choice.

wildbill2u
04-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Lakers.

I take your point and would add this, the Lakers aren't playing very good right now. Don't know exactly why, but one could hope this would carry through the first round. Forlorn hope I'm afraid.

Against that argument however is our own injury situation with Hill and reintegrating Parker into the chemistry.

Realistically, we'd probably be better off with Denver since they're not playing well either and Martin is out. No creampuffs in the Western Conference.

Muser
04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Denver, don't want any part of Dallas/Utah.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
1.Denver / Suns

3. Utah

4.Mavs
5.Lakers

easjer
04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I opted for Denver, because I think that provides the best shot at advancement, but the arguments for LA are convincing. But as wildbill pointed out, I'm not sure LA (or the Suns) would be great with the pg situation being as it is. Given that, I stand by Denver as my first choice, but move LA into second place.

stéphane
04-08-2010, 09:18 AM
1.Denver / Suns

3. Utah

4.Mavs
5.Lakers

Absolutely Sir.
We have a good recent history with the Nugz and Suns.

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I opted for Denver, because I think that provides the best shot at advancement, but the arguments for LA are convincing. But as wildbill pointed out, I'm not sure LA (or the Suns) would be great with the pg situation being as it is. Given that, I stand by Denver as my first choice, but move LA into second place.

Yeah i would still be hesitant about L.A. I know their not playing very well right now but there bound to turn it up. Plus out of all 4 games the Spurs and Lakers have played this year both teams have been healthy a total of 0 games. Its hard to take to much from those.

ohmwrecker
04-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I picked the Suns because I think they would be the easiest out, but it looks like the season will play out for a Spurs/Nuggets first round series. If KMart is out, that would be huge for the Spurs, but Jefferson will have to play big and our PGs will have to be healthy to give us a real shot at winning that series.

Old School 44
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Lakers, Mavs or Suns. Teams we'll have absolutely no problem getting up for. I think Utah or Denver will be boring, not as intense.

TampaDude
04-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I want the Lakers in the 1st round. We're gonna have to face them eventually, so we might as well get it over with. Plus, right now, we're hot and the Lakers are struggling, so the sooner we face them, the better, IMHO.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I understand the logic of the people wanting to play LA, but I'd rather have a series for Parker and Hill to get back into things..

Portland can potentially give the Lakers w/o Bynum some trouble, I'd rather take my chances with them going at LA as opposed to the Spurs..I'm hoping for that at least..

Either way, the Lakers w/o Bynum are a vulnerable team, they have glaring issues that they didn't have last season..we're all gonna have to hope Bynum struggles to come back either way, they're on the same level as the other West teams when he isn't there..

Sisk
04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I understand the logic of the people wanting to play LA, but I'd rather have a series for Parker and Hill to get back into things..

Portland can potentially give the Lakers w/o Bynum some trouble, I'd rather take my chances with them going at LA as opposed to the Spurs..I'm hoping for that at least..

Either way, the Lakers w/o Bynum are a vulnerable team, they have glaring issues that they didn't have last season..we're all gonna have to hope Bynum struggles to come back either way, they're on the same level as the other West teams when he isn't there..

:toast

I'd rather another team take a first shot at LA, even though they have been struggling as of late. Everyone keeps saying "we'll have to face them anyway" which in all likelihood is true, but even a pretty crappy Houston team last year took them to 7.