PDA

View Full Version : Allen VS. Bowen

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm hoping Allen gets fed up ala Vince Carter, then gets ejected.. maybe suspended. But this is going to be a great matchup... I anticipate alot of pictures of babies crying referring to Allen and company. Whos going to get the best of this matchup... not point wise, because we know bowen isn't starting for his offensive ablities.

HB22inSA
05-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I expect Allen to retract a bit on Bowen, saying a couple of nice things, or nothing at all.

He made up with Kobe, and I don't think he wants to motivate Bowen any more than he is already, so I expect Allen to very civil.

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I see allen going into bitch mode after we win a couple, and play aggressive D. He'll get frustrated because he got everything he wanted against sac.

Horry For 3!
05-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Bowen will own Allen! Shut down defense. Gotta love it!

T Park
05-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Im confident in Bruce Bowen's ability to stay in front of Ray Allen.

Im confident in the team as a whole against Seattle.

Seattle's defense has dropped off significantly since mid season, and if you are agressive in taking the ball to the hole, you can get their big men in foul trouble and get alot of easy baskets.

Bring the defense, that the Spurs had in the 4th quarter tonight, and you can win this series rapidly.

cd36
05-05-2005, 01:36 AM
allen will own bowen

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Finally.. some controversy... we'll see. Im pretty positive that your wrong though.

cd36
05-05-2005, 01:45 AM
im pretty sure im right, allen will average 55 points for the series

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 01:48 AM
lol.. thats just crazy talk. I guess you're still alittle bitter about the magic... high hopes before the all-star break... choke artists after.

RashoFan
05-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Last time we played Seattle...I didn't see anything impressive about allen then again I was showing Rasho the sign I made for him.....

cd36
05-05-2005, 02:04 AM
i aint bitter chump dwight howard will be twice the player tim duncan is

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 02:06 AM
hahaha.. chump...thats hilarious. But if that was true... then that would make him.. pretty much better than anyone has every been in the league?

cd36
05-05-2005, 02:11 AM
he has tim duncans fundamentals with athleticism, in his prime he will average 30 points 20 rebounds and 10 blocks

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Wow, you're a long way from the Magic kingdom there spanky. I guess if he's going to be better than Duncan he won the Rookie of the Year in a runaway like Tim did, right?

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Wow, you're a long way from the Magic kingdom there spanky. I guess if he's going to be better than Duncan he won the Rookie of the Year in a runaway like Tim did, right?

booyah.. rightly said. Mini Robinson won it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Oh, and in the interest of staying on topic, Allen is gonna get owned. I don't think the league's going to step in and have the refs call any more game 4's. If Bowen gets to get physical, Allen's gonna falter. I don't think he'll whine about it though, since this is the playoffs. If he does he's gonna wind up next to George Karl on the shit list.

cd36
05-05-2005, 02:29 AM
tim duncan had 4 years of college howard is only 19 and straight out of high school, mark my words he will be better than tim ducan

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 02:31 AM
alright.. you've said your opinion.. ..if you like howard that much..grow some balls and make a thread and title it "Howard will be better than duncan"...

polandprzem
05-05-2005, 02:36 AM
Howard? For now he just COULD BE.

Notorious H.O.P.
05-05-2005, 02:39 AM
I'm just hoping that Bowen doesn't get in quick foul trouble to start the series off. Allen is coming off a couple of scorching games agains the Kings and he's going to start off aggressively and it could bend the refs thinking enough to tag Bowen with a couple of cheap fouls. He definitely has the momentum and I'm sure that Bowen will be able to slow him down but it would have helped tremendously if Bowen had managed to win DPOY so he could have had his own momentum coming into the series to balance Allen's. That being said, Allen goes off for a couple of games but mounting frustration with Bowen will cause him to unravel and the Spurs to put a quick end to this series.

Timmy21
05-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Bruce Bowen is overrated. Ray Allen will have a field day against him.

Leetonidas
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
tim duncan had 4 years of college howard is only 19 and straight out of high school, mark my words he will be better than tim ducan

Maybe because Tim Duncan's not a dumbass and he wants to be able to fall back on something after retirement? Does Dwight Howard have a degree in Psychology? No. Dwight Howard sucks, if anything, he'll be like a Ben Wallace.

DannyF
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Ray has made no secret of his disdain for Bowen. He does get flustered by Bowens defense, and I am sure it will take him off his game at some point, but to say things like Allen won't show up, Allen sucks, or Bowen will own him just shows a lack of basketball knowledge. Bowen is a great defender, but he better be glued to Rays hip, as Rays release has gotten quicker it seems. Ray, like Duncan, doesn't like to be knocked around, so if Bowen hits him a few times, Ray gets a little wound up. Look for Ray to try and pick Bowen off a high screen, set by James or Fortson. Fortson will take a foul if he gets the oppourtunity to knock Bowen down on the screen, so they should add some fun. With James and Fortson on Duncan, and Evans on Ginobli, Bowen may be an offensive liability. Parker is good, but he can't carry the scoring load. I'm looking foward to the match up, and how both coaches deal with it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-05-2005, 08:04 PM
in his prime he will average 30 points 20 rebounds and 10 blocks

Don't forget 40 assists. :lol

E20
05-05-2005, 08:05 PM
:lol