PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Tony Parker hate!

SinBAD
04-08-2010, 01:54 AM
All these Tony Parker haters are idiots and know nothing about basketball.Tony parker is coming back from a hand injury.It took bonner months to regain his shooting touch.Give him a chance.

Tony parker has proven himself enough and there is no way G.Hill is better than him.this is stupid.Parker can penetrate and finish and has a great shot.Hill is good but he is no parker yet.Do you expect to win a series with Manu carrying the offensive load?We have to have parker to win.

Manu and parker have played together since 2003 and in 2005 when Manu was unstoppable, parker was the pg and did the same thing, attack the basket.thats what Pop wants him to do.If pop wants him to pass more he will.he has nice assists and makes passes G.hill cant.

The one advantage we have over dallas and LA is tony parker.they have no1 who can guard him and when him and manu are penetrating we are unstoppable.did you think manu could maintain his hgh energy till the end?he has to rest.

Stop the hate and show some love.Stop these stupid threads about TP sucking and how he hurts the team.

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2010, 02:31 AM
fuck you fagot we are entitled to our POVs, put the posters posts on ignore, it aint hard....

kace
04-08-2010, 03:12 AM
it's not only about hate. it's about trolling.

this board quality is destroyed by a vocal minority of TP haters who just trolls every thread.

As long as the mods/owners let this continue, this board interest is largely fucked IMO.

I understand they (kori and timvp) had been busy lately (so, it was twins if i understood correctly. :toast again), but anyway, they always wanted to let the freedom of speech on the board.

The problem is that when for ten threads created, you almost have 5 threads bashing TP and 5 (over)praising manu, it's just trolling that we're talking about. and it fucks the board IMO.

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2010, 03:24 AM
The problem is that when for ten threads created, you almost have 5 threads bashing TP and 5 (over)praising manu, it's just trolling that we're talking about. and it fucks the board IMO.

some of it is fact or what some ppl perceive to be, its when the pro supporters get all defensive and start crying cause they dont have a legitimate argument

kace
04-08-2010, 03:39 AM
some of it is fact or what some ppl perceive to be, its when the pro supporters get all defensive and start crying cause they dont have a legitimate argument

i don't have any problem with a thread questionning TP influence on the team.

i surely don't have any problem with a thread praising manu when he is playing like he had lately.

the problem is when you have 90 % of the threads/posts about these topics and from basically the same posters (manu's groupies/TP haters). that's simply trolling, and especially you, you know what i'm talking about.

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2010, 04:03 AM
the problem is when you have 90 % of the threads/posts about these topics and from basically the same posters (manu's groupies/TP haters). that's simply trolling, and especially you, you know what i'm talking about.

hey its my pov and other haters pov, whether you wanan read it is upon you, not forcing in onto you...you can always ignore the poster or dont come into the threads when you know its trolling and baiting out the supporters...

then again without the haters and trolls, what is there to posts about? nothing is perfect...

Bukefal
04-08-2010, 05:54 AM
All these Tony Parker haters are idiots and know nothing about basketball.Tony parker is coming back from a hand injury.It took bonner months to regain his shooting touch.Give him a chance.

Tony parker has proven himself enough and there is no way G.Hill is better than him.this is stupid.Parker can penetrate and finish and has a great shot.Hill is good but he is no parker yet.Do you expect to win a series with Manu carrying the offensive load?We have to have parker to win.

Manu and parker have played together since 2003 and in 2005 when Manu was unstoppable, parker was the pg and did the same thing, attack the basket.thats what Pop wants him to do.If pop wants him to pass more he will.he has nice assists and makes passes G.hill cant.

The one advantage we have over dallas and LA is tony parker.they have no1 who can guard him and when him and manu are penetrating we are unstoppable.did you think manu could maintain his hgh energy till the end?he has to rest.

Stop the hate and show some love.Stop these stupid threads about TP sucking and how he hurts the team.

it's not only about hate. it's about trolling.

this board quality is destroyed by a vocal minority of TP haters who just trolls every thread.

As long as the mods/owners let this continue, this board interest is largely fucked IMO.

I understand they (kori and timvp) had been busy lately (so, it was twins if i understood correctly. :toast again), but anyway, they always wanted to let the freedom of speech on the board.

+1 exactly.

It's just over the top. It's not about a little bit criticizing or commenting anymore. It's just plain hate against a player who meant and means so much for our team. Unbelievable. Nobody is forced to like him, but how cant you give him the basic respect he deserves as a player of the Spurs? And not just a player, but it's TP. Come on.

easy7
04-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Freedom of speach, everyone has it. The KKK has it and the Skinheads have it. I don't agree with their viewpoints, but it is their right to be ingnorant.

urunobili
04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
It's fucking lame how people forget so fast what TP has done for this franchise and team... and he is coming back from 4 weeks without having a ball on his hands and he gets jizzed in the face by some noob fucks that don't know apeshit about basketball... that's why I think they're just trolling... i wouldn't even try to understand who would be such an ignorant fuck to even consider trashing TP

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I for one have been criticizing Pop's USE of Tony, but Parker fans can't help but get all butt-hurt. I dont have a problem with Tony, but I have a terrible time coping with Parker addicts.

My problem with Parker fans is that I see in their eyes the same drooling, glazed-over look :drool: that I see in the kobe fans that this board criticizes, just fixed on a different player. Drooling Parker fans with this star-struck gaze are just as bad as douchey Kobe fans IMO. They dont understand team ball. They could care less about defense or team offense. They want to see their guy score bottom line. :cheer

As a Spurs fan that mentality goes completely against the fabric of our team's philosophy. I would venture to say that this board would be better if star-struck Parker fans would get off and and find the Kobe-24/7 post...or a Lebron board somewhere. Then you will be surrounded by star-struck knob-gobblers just like yourself. :chestbump

Ultimately though, if you're not about team play, then your better off elsewhere. Take a hard look at those Kobe fans, Parker-addicts, if you dare!:wow

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 08:32 AM
+1 exactly.

...It's just plain hate against a player who means so much for our team....Unbelievable...its not just a player, but it's TP...

Case in point...:lol

sonic21
04-08-2010, 08:44 AM
I for one have been criticizing Pop's USE of Tony, but Parker fans can't help but get all butt-hurt. I dont have a problem with Tony, but I have a terrible time coping with Parker addicts.

My problem with Parker fans is that I see in their eyes the same drooling, glazed-over look :drool: that I see in the kobe fans that this board criticizes, just fixed on a different player. Drooling Parker fans with this star-struck gaze are just as bad as douchey Kobe fans IMO. They dont understand team ball. They could care less about defense or team offense. They want to see their guy score bottom line. :cheer

As a Spurs fan that mentality goes completely against the fabric of our team's philosophy. I would venture to say that this board would be better if star-struck Parker fans would get off and and find the Kobe-24/7 post...or a Lebron board somewhere. Then you will be surrounded by star-struck knob-gobblers just like yourself. :chestbump

Ultimately though, if you're not about team play, then your better off elsewhere. Take a hard look at those Kobe fans, Parker-addicts, if you dare!:wow

so much fail in this post

Bukefal
04-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Well, probably you found a way to cope with the church of manu in here, which is pretty strong, (I think obviously more than any parker fans on here) and I dont see you hatin them, so why dont you find a way to cope with your so called parker-addicts?

You're just one big troll.

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, probably you found a way to cope with the church of manu in here, which is pretty strong, (I think obviously more than any parker fans on here) and I dont see you hatin them, so why dont you find a way to cope with your so called parker-addicts?

I think Die-hard Manu fans are tacky, but I dont agree with them at all. Team first, always. The only thing is I dont tend to criticize Manu that much, so I havent clashed with them really.

I see the Parker fanclub more often, cause they tend to hone in on my posts saying Parker needs to (fill in the blank). Lately though I have been critical of Pop, saying Parker is not culpable at all, but rather its Pop who has fucked the season by forcing the Parker/TD two-man-gang theory for too long. But I am still a Parker hater in these parts. Logic be damned. Butthurt runs deep.:(

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
so much fail in this post

You're just one big troll.

Butthurt Parker fans please stand up :lol

Pauleta14
04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm getting tired of this... (although it allowes me to take a break at my work! lol)

The best way to end this is to let Tony go (trade or no extention) to an other contender!

That way, all the haters will understand what we really lost...

sonic21
04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Butthurt Parker fans please stand up :lol

are you trying to prove something by repeating "butthurt" in every post?

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm getting tired of this... (although it allowes me to take a break at my work! lol)

The best way to end this is to let Tony go (trade or no extention) to an other contender!

That way, all the haters will understand what we really lost...

Lets make him shooting guard instead, and let a real point run the offense? He is awesome putting up points...let him do that, but let someone else run the show.

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 09:03 AM
are you trying to prove something by repeating "butthurt" in every post?

Preparation H, homey.

sonic21
04-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Lets make him shooting guard instead, and let a real point run the offense? He is awesome putting up points...let him do that, but let someone else run the show.

+1

Parker2112 > Pop :tu

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
+1

But I'm a Parker hater remember :lol

TJastal
04-08-2010, 09:07 AM

He'd be great running the 2nd unit with all the spot up shooters like Bonner and Mason. Totally beats watching Mason and Bonner running the pick and rolls for each other and getting low% shots. The less Mason and Bonner handle the ball in the 2nd unit the better.

TBF, Bonner actually hasn't been half bad at dribble drive and kick, but why settle for good when you have a guy who is excellent at the drive and kick game?

I hope when Hill comes back Parker settles into a new role of being the 6th man for the spurs.

Stringer_Bell
04-08-2010, 09:10 AM
At this point in the season, I'm surprised when any TP hate is vocalized since it's already so obvious to everyone that TP is 1) not himself and 2) definitely not Manu. The offensive flow affects the defensive flow, and even if we're scoring points and hitting the century mark...there's no denying that when TP has been out there this season the flow hits more "apparent" bumps than usual.

I don't understand why we can't just have Manu handling the ball, even when TP is out there. Forget about all-star and accolades, at THIS moment Manu is the player we need keeping us in the fight...even in back2backs AND against teams like the Nets. I hope Pop realizes that he can't take his food of the pedal, we had a good thing going and we need to KEEP that little thing we searched for all season...consistentcy!

PS: Also, RMJ being kept in the game after he scored all his points was stupid. Obviously he's not gonna have a 20 pt game, so send him to the bench when you know you've gotten everything out of him instead of pretending he'll save us.

Cane
04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
This has been a horrible season for Tony Parker so the hate is somewhat justified. And the Spurs have been winning their biggest games without him.

Shame that Hill got injured.

in2deep
04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
stop bitching and grow up. This is an internet public forum, there always gonna be shit like this. get over it.

Let us remember that TP played for French NT in the summer, got injured and still tried to keep playing. It even made Holt get involved. :bang

oski1000
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
TRADE PARKER. SAVE MONEY. :flag::flag:

Pauleta14
04-08-2010, 09:43 AM

Ok, let's try something...

Put your opinion/feelings aside, and ask yourself :

- How, with such a bad/useless PG did the Spurs manage to be the most succesfull team in the NBA (and in all sports!) during the time that guy was a starter in the team?

- How so many coaches and people who have "proven" BB knowledge gave praise to Tony (as being the "head of the snake")?

- Are the Spurs made to be an uptempo/catch and shoot team?

- Do they need a PG who does that?

- Are there any other team in the league that has 3 main stars with ALL such playmaking abilities (leading to share the passing load)?

- Do you watch/analyse also what NOT in the stats line?
(For instance, the threat Tony is in the paint makes opposit team adjust their plans, even if he doesn't score, the fact that he penetrates is SO important in our/any systams...)

- Do you HONESTLY think you have the same indulgence for Tony's bad games/failures that you have for ANY other players in the team? (not only Tim and Manu!)

- Do you have a selective memory? (this is not sarcasm!)

Just ask yourself HONESTLY...

Slomo
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/Leave_Tony_alone.jpg

Pauleta14
04-08-2010, 09:53 AM
:lol

Dr. Gonzo
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I like the Parker hate and the Parker love. It makes for a great board to be able to have both sides. Why would anyone want that censored?

Parker2112
04-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Ok, let's try something...

Put your opinion/feelings aside, and ask yourself :

- How, with such a bad/useless PG did the Spurs manage to be the most succesfull team in the NBA (and in all sports!) during the time that guy was a starter in the team? He has had different stages throughout his career. Early on, it took a second string PG with heart named Speedy to bail him out. Honestly. Later, he found his game and began to dominate, which benefited us because we needed the scoring. Now we need more than he can deliver by himself, so we need him to make others around him better, which he has never been asked to do, and honestly outside of timmy he is not very effective at this. Honest.

- How so many coaches and people who have "proven" BB knowledge gave praise to Tony (as being the "head of the snake")? Over the years he has done what Pop wanted as the "head of the snake." Pop utilized him for what he was good at. But now at no fault of Tony's, the other parts of the snake have dwindled, and we need a different gameplan. We dont have the same guys in Tim and Bruce and Big Shot Rob, and we desparately need the guys we have to get involved.

- Are the Spurs made to be an uptempo/catch and shoot team?
We dont have shooters that I trust outside of manu and bonner, and even bonner hasnt done it in the playoffs, which some players are never able to do. So again, though we used to be this, now the answer is no.

- Do they need a PG who does that?
They need to be less predictable, with a less straightforward attack. Swing the ball, get the defense off balance then attack, regardless of who gets the opportunity.

- Are there any other team in the league that has 3 main stars with ALL such playmaking abilities (leading to share the passing load)?
Lakers come to mind...

- Do you watch/analyse also what NOT in the stats line?
(For instance, the threat Tony is in the paint makes opposit team adjust their plans, even if he doesn't score, the fact that he penetrates is SO important in our/any systams...)
Tony is one man. I hope Pop takes advantage of ALL our young guys who can get to the bucket (Hill, Jefferson, Malik) and keep the other team guessing. Dont assume that TP can beat a defense that is geared to stop him specifically. The TP theory only works until you play a great team with a great coach and a great scheme to stop TP. then we will be forced to rely on the role players so its best that we get them tuned up before the playoffs.

- Do you HONESTLY think you have the same indulgence for Tony's bad games/failures that you have for ANY other players in the team? (not only Tim and Manu!)
I criticize Timmy on a regular basis. Manu too. Pop. I am a critical dude.

- Do you have a selective memory? (this is not sarcasm!) Just ask yourself HONESTLY...
I think everyone does to some extent. I think our team has changed to the point that we have very different needs at the point guard position. The loss of the guys above, and Timmy's decline, along with great new talent has changed the landscape drastically, and the old tony hurts where he used to help. But its not tony, like i said, its the scheme.

Pauleta14
04-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I like the Parker hate and the Parker love. It makes for a great board to be able to have both sides. Why would anyone want that censored?

There are big differences...

The Parker "haters" really HATE Tony, obviously, but the Parker "homers", don't all love Tony! (many of them even prefer Manu!...count me!)
They are just amazed by the "arguments" of the "haters", that are mainly due to "emotional blindness" or just lack of knowledge/memory...

I don't want anything to be censored, the only thing I'd like is an EQUAL treatment for all our players in our comments...

I'd like to see some of the "haters" give him credits for what he brings/brang to the team, the same way many "homers" critisized him during games when he fucked up...

I have a dream... :lol

Dr. Gonzo
04-08-2010, 10:37 AM
There are big differences...

The Parker "haters" really HATE Tony, obviously, but the Parker "homers", don't all love Tony! (many of them even prefer Manu!...count me!)
They are just amazed by the "arguments" of the "haters", that are mainly due to "emotional blindness" or just lack of knowledge/memory...

I don't want anything to be censored, the only thing I'd like is an EQUAL treatment for all our players in our comments...

I'd like to see some of the "haters" give him credits for what he brings/brang to the team, the same way many "homers" critisized him during games when he fucked up...

I have a dream... :lol

Welcome to the interwebs. That isn't gonna happen.

Pauleta14
04-08-2010, 10:48 AM
He has had different stages throughout his career. Early on, it took a second string PG with heart named Speedy to bail him out. Honestly. Later, he found his game and began to dominate, which benefited us because we needed the scoring. Now we need more than he can deliver by himself, so we need him to make others around him better, which he has never been asked to do, and honestly outside of timmy he is not very effective at this. Honest.

Over the years he has done what Pop wanted as the "head of the snake." Pop utilized him for what he was good at. But now at no fault of Tony's, the other parts of the snake have dwindled, and we need a different gameplan. We dont have the same guys in Tim and Bruce and Big Shot Rob, and we desparately need the guys we have to get involved.

We dont have shooters that I trust outside of manu and bonner, and even bonner hasnt done it in the playoffs, which some players are never able to do. So again, though we used to be this, now the answer is no.

They need to be less predictable, with a less straightforward attack. Swing the ball, get the defense off balance then attack, regardless of who gets the opportunity.

Lakers come to mind...

Tony is one man. I hope Pop takes advantage of ALL our young guys who can get to the bucket (Hill, Jefferson, Malik) and keep the other team guessing. Dont assume that TP can beat a defense that is geared to stop him specifically. The TP theory only works until you play a great team with a great coach and a great scheme to stop TP. then we will be forced to rely on the role players so its best that we get them tuned up before the playoffs.

I criticize Timmy on a regular basis. Manu too. Pop. I am a critical dude.

I think everyone does to some extent. I think our team has changed to the point that we have very different needs at the point guard position. The loss of the guys above, and Timmy's decline, along with great new talent has changed the landscape drastically, and the old tony hurts where he used to help. But its not tony, like i said, its the scheme.

1/ Thanks for taking time answering

2/ How do you answer seperalely differents quote of a message? :lol (I'm not used to chat, except on ST)

Anyway, there are a few things we can agree and a few ...:bang :lol

For example, please don't bring me again the Speedy Claxton thing...
I followed the whole season and PO, and Speedy was nowhere near to be as reliable as (a very young!) Tony on a regular basis!
Tony was the best scorer and one of our best asset after 3 games (on 6) against Jason Kidd at his best! The Nets finaly adjusted for the last 3 games and often put a double team on Tony!
If we can agree he shoked durind the 2 last games 4th quarters, he was OVERALL A MAJOR PIECE OF THE 2003 TITLE !
Speedy came up when NOBODY's expecting him, was great for us, but don't overate his contibution and underate Tony's, it's unfair...

You talked about needing a PG that is "less predictable".... really, Tony, predictable?
Yes a predictable "ankle breaker" for the opposit team!!!
I'M TALKING ABOUT A HEALTHY TONY (you saw him not that long ago...)
The guy can be a nightmare at changing direction and penetrating either to score or open the flore for a 3...
Even if you can "predict" it, there's nothing you can do to stop that when it's well executed, NOTHING... and Tony is one of the best at doing it!
And once again MOST of our offence also goes to Timmy and Manu , the load is much more shared than what you seemed to think/remember...

About the Lakers...:toast you're right, they are the other exception... ONLY since a couple years!!!
The Spurs have had this "specific" big 3 for 8 years...

I have the feeling that , in fact, with what you saw last year from Tony, you're afraid that he could become our main go-to guy and the team would adjust to him... RELAX, IT WON'T HAPPEN!! :lol
You should just see Tony as a great weappon that has worked better and better over the years... and WAIT UNTILL HE IS BACK IN SHAPE TO JUDGE HIM!

About criticizing Timmy and Manu also, :toast to you, I was talking in general on ST not just about you...

About your last point, don't you think that a player like Tony (and Manu btw) can help Timmy extend his carrere?
They are guys that can score by themselves at a high %(whitch is a rare thing) + they know each other so well, that we would be short of time if we had to rebuild with a different PG (unless it's a top 3 one!!).

kaji157
04-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Hey all of you must understand that the love a player gets usually responds not only to the way he plays but to the perception the fans get of their efforts.
Manu makes you feel compelled to like himfor whatever reason, Tony actually, not so much.
Both had the same oportunities to showcase their likeness, for whatever reason, Manu outscored TP in the fourth. :P

Spurs7794
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't understand the haters claiming that since Tony came back, he's been ballhogging and killing chemistry. He's been actively looking to pass in the last two games...so much so that I wanted him to attack more.

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:35 PM
+1

aww thats cute.

Quiet Strength
04-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Parker has had a very bad season and hill has had a great season. I don't hate parker at all and I dont understand why any spurs fan would want him traded. I do want the spurs to at least get somewhere in the playoffs and not another first round exit and parker is just not the answer this season. I see that parker is passing more but its still not helping the team like hill was and parker's defense is still looking pathetic. I know he just came back from injury but it seems to be hurting the team more than helping and it's too late in the season for the team to adjust to him again but since hill isn't playing anymore he is the only good option at pg.

Sisk
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
aww thats cute.

:guin

jjktkk
04-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't understand the haters claiming that since Tony came back, he's been ballhogging and killing chemistry. He's been actively looking to pass in the last two games...so much so that I wanted him to attack more.

Just some folks that are lacking in evaluating NBA talent.

duhoh
04-08-2010, 02:12 PM
lol fans that think they're smarter than the professionals, when they could never handle it :lol

ohmwrecker
04-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Speedy Claxton? Are you serious?! How many apgs did Claxton average as a Spur? Better yet, how many apgs has any PG averaged as a Spur in the Popovich era? Somebody needs to look that up. Not me because I'm lazy. I'm more of an "idea" guy.

Bruno
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I've been on ST for 5 years and there have always have Parker haters. 5 years ago, people wanted to trade Parker to let Beno being the starting PG...

At first, I was annoyed by that. Now, I just laugh at the stupidity of Parker's haters. I have no problem with people criticizing Parker. He is nowhere near a perfect player and he has some flaws. Saying that, Parker's haters are excessive and what is excessive is stupid. They can write as much posts as they want, create some strange theories or write novel-like posts, what they are saying is nowhere near the reality on the court.

The more haters hates, the more energy they spend at it, the more I laugh of them. Keep hating guys, your stupidity is somewhat entertaining.

austN Spur
04-08-2010, 04:55 PM
:lol:lol @ the slomo post ^^^^^^^

thats how i picture the parker lovers when someone says something bad about him. Someone else opinion can't be changed and if they wanna hate i'm cool with it. "

"What you eat dont make me shit"

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
:guin

:monkey

spursrocks
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
we badly missed the 3 point shooting and defensive presence of george hill, he might have helped big time against phoenix last night. sad to say but parker's only asset is to penetrate.
but.. parker is slow cause he isnt healthy
parker's shooting is affected cause his hand just got injured. coach pop will definitly start the healthier point guard right? i personally wont start a 70% parker. i would rather start a 100% georgie
we are not parker haters. we just want george to start and parker to lead the 2nd unit.

spursrocks
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
i say start george when comes back, retain the starting line up that destroyed teams like cleveland, boston, orlando, thunder, houston and lakers. then tony leading the bench 2nd unit.

Brazil
04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I've been on ST for 5 years and there have always have Parker haters. 5 years ago, people wanted to trade Parker to let Beno being the starting PG...

At first, I was annoyed by that. Now, I just laugh at the stupidity of Parker's haters. I have no problem with people criticizing Parker. He is nowhere near a perfect player and he has some flaws. Saying that, Parker's haters are excessive and what is excessive is stupid. They can write as much posts as they want, create some strange theories or write novel-like posts, what they are saying is nowhere near the reality on the court.

The more haters hates, the more energy they spend at it, the more I laugh of them. Keep hating guys, your stupidity is somewhat entertaining.

pretty spot on as usual Bruno. I'm in the transition phasis, I try to relax and laugh at all this b/s.

senorglory
04-09-2010, 02:34 AM
If you hate Parker, turn in your jersey.

roycrikside
04-09-2010, 02:51 AM

See, that's just it right there. You've pretty much stumbled upon the secret of Spurstalk that neither Kori or LJ will ever, ever admit.

They could end the Tony v. Manu bullshit on this board once and forever by just coming out and stating for the record who they think is the better player, who's more valuable, etc.

But they never will. They'll always be neutral and diplomatic, and say they like and support both equally, like parents do with children. Even though just like with any real family, one child is more gifted than another, or one child succeeds more...

The reality is, that while Kori and LJ make a show of admonishing people who "hate" Tony or "hate" Manu, really they love it. They're not stupid. They know it drives their board.

How much of ST is Parker bashing or Manu bashing? 40%? 50%? What would the post counts in here be nary a discouraging word was said about neither?

You guys really think it's a coincidence that people like Ducks never get banned? Those two love Ducks. They fucking love him. If he didn't exist, they'd make him up. They know that as dumb as he is, he drives the CoM insane, and that increases post counts.

Let's cut the BS and call a spade a spade. The more we bitch about Tony and Manu the more $ Kori and LJ make.

timvp
04-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Let's cut the BS and call a spade a spade. The more we bitch about Tony and Manu the more $ Kori and LJ lose.

Fixed.

Unless SpursTalk.com makes money and I'm not aware of it. Otherwise, more posts = more server costs.

Man In Black
04-09-2010, 03:20 AM
If you don't post in a thread that you hate, there is a high likelihood it just sinks to the bottom and than to the next page.

I get he's ball-dominant, but if he's shooting over 50% and that tear drop is falling and his J is on, plus he still looks for his teammates...that makes TP nigh unstoppable. If we get the real Big 3 come playoff time...heads will roll.:rollin

TJastal
04-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Fixed.

Unless SpursTalk.com makes money and I'm not aware of it. Otherwise, more posts = more server costs.

Timvp for the amount of headache this website must cause you, you should be getting paid ... at least some advertising revenues or something. I know I wouldn't care one IOTA if a few ads popped up now and then. Can't be any more annoying than Angelbelows' sig. :hat

Doesn't Garza make $$ off of his SR site? You should too.

kace
04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Fixed.

anyway, that could be the only thing i would agree with rocky... whatever his name is.

you never made anything to stop this bs about tony.

you've got several rules on the FAQ of this forum:

4. Deleting/Locking/Merging - Sometimes threads get deleted if it's blatant trolling. But most of the time a thread gets deleted is when it's repetitious.
5. Being Lame
B. Starting threads about every thought that pops into your head without looking around to find a topic on the same subject. This is usually done by drama queen posters who need some attention.
F. Trashing one Spurs player to prop another. The "Manu vs Tony" threads are the prime example. You don't need to tear down one player to make another look good.

and yet this bs about TP is about 75 % of the forum making it less interesting and valuable IMO.

somewhat, it could be OK with you, considering it's a big part of the activity of this forum

SinBAD
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Today parker showed us why we need him.He was aggressive, making alot of plays and one thing hill doesnt do that tony does is open up the 3pt.
Pops strategy is obvious, play parker and hill together.this will be the quickest back court in the playoffs and alot of teams will have trouble defending them.we dont need to get rid of either, just keep them both!
go spurs!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-12-2010, 09:10 PM
anyway, that could be the only thing i would agree with rocky... whatever his name is.

you never made anything to stop this bs about tony.

you've got several rules on the FAQ of this forum:

and yet this bs about TP is about 75 % of the forum making it less interesting and valuable IMO.

somewhat, it could be OK with you, considering it's a big part of the activity of this forum

oh give me a fucking break. I don't like the Tony hate bullshit either, but what you're calling for is just as much bullshit or even more. Nobody is curtailing the Manu hate coming from ducks either, though I don't see you bitching about that now.

There have always been idiots roaming around this forum, last season the Manu hate was rampant as well. Granted, not as much as this season against Tony but still annoying as hell.

Two things you can do to fight such stupidity. Either you engage them in their stupidity or you ignore them altogether.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
It's fucking lame how people forget so fast what TP has done for this franchise and team... and he is coming back from 4 weeks without having a ball on his hands and he gets jizzed in the face by some noob fucks that don't know apeshit about basketball... that's why I think they're just trolling... i wouldn't even try to understand who would be such an ignorant fuck to even consider trashing TP

It's fucking lame how people apparently can't even discuss whether or not Tony should be in SA's long term plans, here on a *DISCUSSION* board, without Tony's homer fans defending him.

Seriously, if you have a problem with said viewpoint, either argue it with facts or scroll. But dismissing any criticism of TP as either trolling or ignorance gets old, particularly when it comes from posters with a cute little French flag tacked on to their avatar.

That or rookies with <200 posts who think they own the site.

You'll have to excuse me, Hill is back and we're up 30 tonight with him starting. Carry on with the TP circle jerk...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Today parker showed us why we need him.He was aggressive, making alot of plays and one thing hill doesnt do that tony does is open up the 3pt.
Pops strategy is obvious, play parker and hill together.this will be the quickest back court in the playoffs and alot of teams will have trouble defending them.we dont need to get rid of either, just keep them both!
go spurs!

Yeah, how will teams ever deal with a quick backcourt? Not like they won't post the smallish guards up, or take advantage of Pop's propensity to switch the pick and roll to end up with Parker and/or Hill guarding guys like Odom, Gasol, Dirk, etc.

(you know, strategy...)

gilmor
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
It's fucking lame how people apparently can't even discuss whether or not Tony should be in SA's long term plans, here on a *DISCUSSION* board, without Tony's homer fans defending him.

Seriously, if you have a problem with said viewpoint, either argue it with facts or scroll. But dismissing any criticism of TP as either trolling or ignorance gets old, particularly when it comes from posters with a cute little French flag tacked on to their avatar.

You'll have to excuse me, Hill is back and we're up 30 tonight with him starting. Carry on with the TP circle jerk...

Aggie,

Spurs long term plan doesn't include Duncan and Manu, but may include Parker.

I see Duncan playing only 2 more seasons, and that's it.

If you trade away Parker, that will mean only GHill, Blair, Mahimi, Jefferson stay.

Spurminator
04-12-2010, 09:32 PM

You've pretty much outed yourself as an irrational Parker hater. "Trade Parker" is one thing. "Fuck Parker" is another.

Dude can't win with some of you. I see posters I haven't seen since before 2007 coming out of the woodwork to bash Parker like old times (that means you, IceColdBrewski). Must feel good I guess.

And if you think George Hill is the reason we're up 30 you must have been watching Dancing With the Stars for the last two hours.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
You've pretty much outed yourself as an irrational Parker hater. "Trade Parker" is one thing. "Fuck Parker" is another.

Dude can't win with some of you. I see posters I haven't seen since before 2007 coming out of the woodwork to bash Parker like old times (that means you, IceColdBrewski). Must feel good I guess.

And if you think George Hill is the reason we're up 30 you must have been watching Dancing With the Stars for the last two hours.

He won me over in 2007. He's undone it since with his affinity for French National Team play. The biggest setback to this franchise in the last 3 years (outside of smallball) has been national team summer play. That goes for Manu too.

It's particularly frustrating to me with Parker, as it's clear his French team will never win shit. For what we're paying him, I want him to focus on the Spurs. Period.

The Hill comment was tongue in cheek, but I'm equally tired of any criticism of Parker on this forum (if you can't admit he deserves some, then you're equally irrational as you accuse me of being) being met with those defending him calling those criticizing him either trolls, ignorant, Church of Manu, etc.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Aggie,

Spurs long term plan doesn't include Duncan and Manu, but may include Parker.

I see Duncan playing only 2 more seasons, and that's it.

If you trade away Parker, that will mean only GHill, Blair, Mahimi, Jefferson stay.

I don't disagree with you there (on Tim). I'm not advocating trading him away for the hell of it. It'd have to be a for a great piece (like a Bosh, Paul, etc.).

Kori Ellis
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
See, that's just it right there. You've pretty much stumbled upon the secret of Spurstalk that neither Kori or LJ will ever, ever admit.

They could end the Tony v. Manu bullshit on this board once and forever by just coming out and stating for the record who they think is the better player, who's more valuable, etc.

But they never will. They'll always be neutral and diplomatic, and say they like and support both equally, like parents do with children. Even though just like with any real family, one child is more gifted than another, or one child succeeds more...

The reality is, that while Kori and LJ make a show of admonishing people who "hate" Tony or "hate" Manu, really they love it. They're not stupid. They know it drives their board.

How much of ST is Parker bashing or Manu bashing? 40%? 50%? What would the post counts in here be nary a discouraging word was said about neither?

You guys really think it's a coincidence that people like Ducks never get banned? Those two love Ducks. They fucking love him. If he didn't exist, they'd make him up. They know that as dumb as he is, he drives the CoM insane, and that increases post counts.

Let's cut the BS and call a spade a spade. The more we bitch about Tony and Manu the more $ Kori and LJ make.

:lol Great theory, if SpursTalk had ads on it. How do you figure we make money off the board because of high traffic without advertisements? We lose money off SpursTalk every single month - it's on two dedicated servers.

Kori Ellis
04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh and there is definitely a group of absolute Tony haters - it doesn't have anything to do with his play - they even hated him last year when he was incredible. So my suggestion to you guys who are bothered by it is to make a list of the screen names and add them to your ignore list. That's the same thing that I have been saying the last two years about the Manu haters. For some reason there's people who think that they MUST hate the TP to make Manu look better, and others that MUST hate Manu to make TP look better. It's been the same crap for years, "Tony doesn't pass to Manu." "Manu doesn't like TP off the court." blahblahblah Even the players themselves think it's ridiculous.

Parker2112
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh and there is definitely a group of absolute Tony haters - it doesn't have anything to do with his play - they even hated him last year when he was incredible. So my suggestion to you guys who are bothered by it is to make a list of the screen names and add them to your ignore list. That's the same thing that I have been saying the last two years about the Manu haters. For some reason there's people who think that they MUST hate the TP to make Manu look better, and others that MUST hate Manu to make TP look better. It's been the same crap for years, "Tony doesn't pass to Manu." "Manu doesn't like TP off the court." blahblahblah Even the players themselves think it's ridiculous.

PLease. In your mind, anyone who has ever criticized Tony is a Tony hater. Your full of it Kori. You lump everyone who is critical of Tony into the same category...is that because you are tired of Tony's critics, or is it because in your eyes Tony is above any criticism whatsoever? I think its the latter.

Besides that, all of your efforts to move threads, close threads, etc have only stirred the water, and driven Parker critics to more criticism. Parker isnt anywhere close to perfect, stop with the attempted coddling.

Parker is awesome for what he is, but one thing he has never been able to do is make those around him better. He is a scorer and an unstoppable one man fast break. So was AI. Colour me unimpressed.

Last season was the pinnacle for Tony fans, and we FLAMED OUT in round one. That speaks volumes.

Now your advocating for a massive division of the posters on this site (which will not happen...only Parker's biggest fans would do what you suggest)...blind Parker haters suck. Blind Parker fans suck just as bad.

Parker2112
04-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I hope Parker retires a Spur, but we need to keep developing talent for the future...when we stopped, we almost bit the dust. PARKER, IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, HELPS DEVELOP NEW GUYS. PARKER = LESS TOUCHES FOR THE TEAM.

Win or lose, I want new talent to keep flowing, and guys will continue to find the bus out of town if Pop doesnt get a chance to see them play. If that means Parker cant have his 20+ shots, and that Parker's biggest fans will be disappointed, then I say the future of our franchise is worth it.

Brazil
04-12-2010, 10:35 PM
PLease. In your mind, anyone who has ever criticized Tony is a Tony hater. Your full of it Kori. You lump everyone who is critical of Tony into the same category...is that because you are tired of Tony's critics, or is it because in your eyes Tony is above any criticism whatsoever? I think its the latter.

Besides that, all of your efforts to move threads, close threads, etc have only stirred the water, and driven Parker critics to more criticism. Parker isnt anywhere close to perfect, stop with the attempted coddling.

Parker is awesome for what he is, but one thing he has never been able to do is make those around him better. He is a scorer and an unstoppable one man fast break. So was AI. Colour me unimpressed.

Last season was the pinnacle for Tony fans, and we FLAMED OUT in round one. That speaks volumes.

Now your advocating for a massive division of the posters on this site (which will not happen...only Parker's biggest fans would do what you suggest)...blind Parker haters suck. Blind Parker fans suck just as bad.

cool story bro

Kori Ellis
04-12-2010, 10:35 PM

You were banned last year under another user name for your blind Parker hate - so yes, you are a hater. You try to control yourself a little more sometimes, but you are what you are.

And no, I don't mind legit criticism of Parker. Keyword is legit. Everyone knows Tony's game has flaws -- just like every other player on the court.

And yes, blind Parker haters and blind Parker lovers are just as annoying. Some of you need to learn how to be SPURS fans.

Parker2112
04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Tell the whole truth. I asked to be banned because I thought if I couldnt speak my opinion about Parker this board wasnt worth belonging to. I came back because I figured I could enjoy the board in spite of the BS. Which I do.

As far as Im concerned, if you can go back to any post I have ever made, taken in context, and show me as a blatant Parker hater, I will wear that jacket. But you cant. It just so happened that my first thread was critical of Tony's perceived distrust of Mason when he first arrived. Mason was getting his production while Parker was out, and I saw in Mason a second coming of Stephen Jackson. I aimed some pointed comments at Parker, you lumped me in with Parker haters before me, and tried to discredit everything I said.

At that time, claiming Tony as the greatest thing since sliced bread was easy...he was dismantling teams left and right all regular season long. But I knew that no one player who was MJ could do that during the playoffs, and spoke that point. You and Timvp both claimed all year that the only way to win was with Tony having max attempts. Well, looks like you both blew the analysis.

And as far as me being a Parker hater, you blew that too. Prove me wrong I dare you.

gilmor
04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't disagree with you there (on Tim). I'm not advocating trading him away for the hell of it. It'd have to be a for a great piece (like a Bosh, Paul, etc.).

Then it is no longer a long term plans. It is just a 2-year plan where thereafter Manu and Tim will probably retire.

Spurs never have a long term plan with any of the Big 3.

jjktkk
04-13-2010, 12:55 AM
I saw in Mason a second coming of Stephen Jackson.

LOL, you should be banned just for thinking Mason was the 2nd coming Stephen Jackson. Or maybe you should be a scout for the Clippers. :lol

Parker2112
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
LOL, you should be banned just for thinking Mason was the 2nd coming Stephen Jackson. Or maybe you should be a scout for the Clippers. :lol

As a clutch shooter, you weren't complaining when he was laying his balls on kobe's chin were you :lol

raspsa
04-13-2010, 08:29 AM
:lol Great theory, if SpursTalk had ads on it. How do you figure we make money off the board because of high traffic without advertisements? We lose money off SpursTalk every single month - it's on two dedicated servers.

Hey Kori, I wouldn't mind ads if it would help you guys with expenses.. a lot of other posters might share this sentiment.:toast

GSH
04-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Not everybody who makes a comment about trading Parker is a hater. I really, really like Tony as a player. And I love the way he has represented the team and the city. He's part of the permanent lore of the team, and I'd love to see him retire here.

But. We can all see that the team isn't the dominant force it was a few years ago, and we have a lot of big salary commitments, and Tim is (as much as it pains me to say it) getting to the late stage of his career. The FO didn't re-sign Manu in order to trade him. Jefferson may talk about opting out, but I don't see him doing it - and I don't see anyone picking it up. So about the only trade piece that could bring a major player is Parker. I think it would be a shame, but the players know it's a business, even if some fans don't.

If Parker were traded, we would lose something at the point. But if the team improved enough elsewhere, it could be just enough to put the team over the hump. And he's the kind of player that the team would work to bring back, like they did with Sean.

I said it in the other thread - I predicted that Anthony Parker would be the best bargain in the last offseason. (He's started 80 games for the Cavs, for about $2.6M.) I think the bargain of this offseason will be Chris Duhon, and I think he'll sign for somewher around $3.5M. With him, Hill, and possibly Temple, we could be pretty good at the 1 and 2 spots. Especially since Manu is one of the better PG's in the league, even though he isn't a PG. If we could pick up a game-changer for Tony's $13.5M, it would have to be worth looking at.

That's not hate. It would have to be a hell of a good player, but with team revenues down, $13.5M might be enough to get one. I'd hate to see Parker go, but I sure as hell don't hate him. But for those who say we couldn't win a championship without Tony - remember that Tony wasn't this good in his first several seasons, and we still managed to to pretty damned good while he was still learning.

[Edit] But, yeah, the blind Tony-haters are assholes.

in2deep
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Ban the Tony haters for the playoffs!

ohmwrecker
04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
The best part of watching that T'Wolves game was watching Tony go out on the floor and systematically, point by point, destroy and dismantle EVERY argument against him. Sure, it was the Wolves, but the Tony haters should be feeling pretty stupid right now.