PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Suns Game)

duncan228
04-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Post Game Quotes (Suns Game) (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100407.html)

Head Coach Gregg Popovich

(On Tonight’s Game) “In the first half, that was really important. We missed a great opportunity by missing our free throws. That hurt us in the first half. In the second half, our execution defensively as a team was not very good. I thought they sliced and diced us and did a real good job of executing their offense. I thought we played pretty sloppy with the ball in addition to not executing well against their pick and roll. We had too many, basically, unforced turnovers, sloppy play. Like I said, we weren’t very sharp and they took advantage of and did a good job, but we played hard and that’s important.”

(On First Half Block of Duncan) “Timmy went up for the dunk and that was a four point swing right there. Then we turned it over. With like a minute 32 to go, it was a great game. Then we lost our poise after that play for a minute and a half and they got a 7,8, 9 point lead, whatever it was at half.”

Richard Jefferson

(On Tonight’s Game) “You give them all the credit. They capitalized on our mistakes. We made quite a few mistakes; turnovers and missed free throws. We had the game right where we wanted to, the mid forties going into the half and then we made some turnovers and that was pretty much the story for the night.”

Roger Mason Jr.

(On Tonight’s Game) “That was definitely one of the keys to the game. The last minute and fifty seconds of the first half, they made a run and turned the intensity up and we didn’t respond very well. That’s not what’s had us rolling lately. We were sloppy with the ball and we missed a lot of free throws in the first half. Those two things against a team that’s number one in three point shooting and has a guy like Amar’e Stoudemire, it’s kind of like you’re doing everything you’re not supposed to do. They were scrappy tonight. ”

Phoenix Head Coach Alvin Gentry

(Opening statement) “It was just a really, really good win against a really quality team that’s been playing great. They (San Antonio) have probably been playing as well as any team in the league the last couple weeks. For us it was all about trying to contain Ginobili, which I thought our guys did a great job of. Between JD (Dudley), J-Rich (Richardson) and Grant (Hill) I thought our guys did a really good job at containing Ginobili. We tried to limit Tim’s (Duncan) touches as much as we could. I thought Jarron (Collins) battled him and Channing (Frye) did a great job on him. We tried to change defenses as much as we could. Offensively we just tried to keep our spacing. When we keep our spacing I think we’re pretty good. Steve did a good job of getting the ball to open guys, and Goran (Dragic) did a really good job down the stretch of getting the ball to the open guys. It was a good win for us.

Amar’e Stoudemire

(On perseverance when they came back) “They definitely came back; we knew they were going to fight back into it. They are a well balanced and an attacking team. We knew they were going to make their run. The good thing is, is that we countered that and made our own run. We amped up our defensive intensity and Goran (Dragic) did a great job out there getting some steals. Those led to some easy baskets and we were able to get the crowed into it.”

(On playing with 2 fouls) “Just stay focused. It’s a matter of maintaining your focus out there on the basketball court. Every time you get two early fouls you have to do a good job in keeping your composure and study the game while you’re on the sideline watching and seeing how the game is going. When you get back out there you have to play to the game.”

Jason Richardson

(On the win tonight) “It was huge for us. I know were fighting for playoff position and we want to get second or third place. We really wanted this game tonight and it showed at the defensive end.”

(On what was said at halftime) “Nothing; we knew we just had to pick it up. We knew we just couldn’t stay around with this team. They’re too smart of a basketball team and if we play at their pace it can come down to the last shot or play of a game and lose. We knew we had to come out aggressive pick up the pace in the second half and we definitely did that.”