PDA

View Full Version : Calm down everyone.... it was a back to back

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-08-2010, 03:02 AM
geez calm down, it was a back to back game, and we didnt simply have the legs to compete at a high level....

The next game we play will be an ass wooping I assure you, and maybe Hill will be back

TJastal
04-08-2010, 03:08 AM
I think this game made it clear which spurs' point guard is the more valuable of the two, George Hill or Tony Parker.

I know which guy I'm leaning toward right now...

tothrowed
04-08-2010, 03:09 AM
pop played tim and many when they were struggling and were tired the back ups made the comeback and pop sat them instead that was a mistake

TampaDude
04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Not worried about this loss. Shorthanded Spurs on a B2B going against the Suns, in Phoenix, on 3 days rest. Spurs-Suns in the playoffs are a whole different story, as history has clearly shown. Not worried one bit.

BillMc
04-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Not worried about this loss. Shorthanded Spurs on a B2B going against the Suns, in Phoenix, on 3 days rest. Spurs-Suns in the playoffs are a whole different story, as history has clearly shown. Not worried one bit.

I generally agree with you and hope you are right!

Cane
04-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Yup.

Back to back, horrible free throw shooting, horrible effort from the Big 3, still trying to integrate Parker = Loss to a Lopez-less but rested Suns team

Still, the amount of dunks and dumbass turnovers they allowed is still pretty shitty.

Muser
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I find it funny how many people are freaking out, it was a B2B, Parkers 2nd game back and we're starting a rookie who before tonight had 20 minutes of NBA experience. Who honestly expected a win?!?

BillMc
04-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I find it funny how many people are freaking out, it was a B2B, Parkers 2nd game back and we're starting a rookie who before tonight had 20 minutes of NBA experience. Who honestly expected a win?!?

Not to mention the whole "Manu was just playing for a contract and will suck again" crowd. :rolleyes

Flux451
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Meh. No biggie. Spurs fans just wanted to win this so we would have been closer to the 4th seed. In the end...no back to backs in the playoffs!!! Suns pick and roll killed us but that is something that can be stopped, especially when Hill is back(if we face the suns).

There was too much help defense from a third player which left a player behind the 3 pt line wide open, or to swing it. I kept seeing uneccesary doubles also, leaving a wide open shooter.

3's by Suns, turnovers and free throws killed us. Tired maybe?

LongtimeSpursFan
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Not to mention the whole "Manu was just playing for a contract and will suck again" crowd. :rolleyes

Ha...I was thinking same thing. I can hear the complaints already if/when we get knocked out of playoffs.

CubanSucks
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
geez calm down, it was a back to back game, and we didnt simply have the legs to compete at a high level....

The next game we play will be an ass wooping I assure you, and maybe Hill will be back

It better be cause I'm gonna be there!

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
The Spurs were what...5 for 26 from three and missed 11 free throws? Hit a few shots they normally hit and they'd of been right there.

Of course, I did note that the Spurs' recent strategy of clogging the paint with multiple players and a lot of help defense doesn't work too well against the Suns. Pop will need to revert back to the old strategy from prior seasons of letting Amare get 50 and everyone staying home on their man if we play them in the post season.

JR3
04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
it was frustrating to watch, but I could see it coming. Not worried. Hope the suns feel real good about themselves.. they will see a much different Spurs team in the playoffs if they are unlucky.

easy7
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Does anyone here really expects for the Spurs to win them all? :rolleyes

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
ya..i was disappointed at the effort by the spurs especially on the defensive end...but i guess i will blame the b2b...

cd98
04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
It would have been a significant win if the Spurs had pulled it out. They need to do better on the next set of back to backs this weekend to avoid an 8th seed. It'll be tough, though, as the second game will be in Denver's high altitude. I'm not getting too excited about those possibilities.

Ocotillo
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
In light of the way the team has been playing as of late, this hardly rates as a reason for concern.

This team is not equipped to go through the playoffs like Sherman's march, there will be losses. Last night was the second of a back to back on a good opponents home floor.

The good news for this team is GHill should be back for the playoffs and there are no back to backs in the playoffs. The Suns would be a nice first round opponent this year.

Juanobili
04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
loss didnt bother me much

slipping in the standings did

but what can ya do?

spurtech09
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
wasn't worried either...not worried at all....spurs beat better teams like the lakers,orlando,celtics,cavs, and etc etc.....spurs have beat the suns this season....b2b games for the spurs and suns 3 days off at home.....

hunterxaz
04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Back to backs make it acceptable to lose in an ultra-competitive Western Conference playoff race. :rolleyes: