PDA

View Full Version : POLAND PERSPECTIVE vol. IV – It’s kinda Hardy

polandprzem
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
You know, there is a sport called Mixed Martial Arts where guys fight In a different styles in a cage or in the ring. There is the biggest MMA organization which is placed in the United States of America called UFC, and there is a fighter called Dan Hardy. In late March he was scheduled to face one of the best fighters in the world. A welterweight champion George Saint Pierre.
Being an underdog which nobody gave any or much chance winning against the champ he was still so confident that you may say he rather was cocky and was not intimidated by any means. The biggest fight of his career. He believed in his game plan and was there to shock the world beating the best welterweight mixed martial artist on the planet Earth. When the time came and a referee said FIGHT! it soon occurred that Hardy had a tough time with his opponent and was not able to follow his game plan.
The fight ended after full distance which is 5 rounds of 5 minutes, so it was 25 minutes of champion dominance over the contender. You might ask why do I even want to bring this MMA stuff on a spurs forum and what the heck that has anything to do with the spurs and their situation?
You’d rather me talk about transition defense and badly defended pick and rolls.

Maybe I making another mistake and it’s not a good example comparing MMA to NBA but the title is catchy and this is my thread. F*ck it was tough for Hardy and it is tough for the spurs this season to reach their goal, a shiny Larry O’Brien Trophy. :lobt:

Let’s take a look from the fans perspective and his points of view might be different as they can have different goals as well. From taking the rings home or be in WCF or reach second round at least. But I think also for those people it can be satisfying to see their team , heck THE SPURS, they want to see best spurs available and watch them die in the war field situation after the battle. Sometimes it takes bringing your best, your maximum to earn fans respect and make them be proud of the sacrifice and the fighting process the team made.

I’m going to get back to that mma match.
Hardy was unable to stop GSP from taking him down and beat him on the ground. Dan is great on a standup, not great on the ground so champ abused him there also providing two nasty submission attempts. GSP almost ripped his joints in elbows but Hardy did not tapped (which would meant he lost). By the way he fought, I mean Hardy, won many fans in this survival match. Of course he cannot be satisfied with his performance as he was there to win no matter the opponent and circumstances. There are actually no moral victories, but this was the closest thing I guess.
The end.

THE SPURS

Atlanta, Oklahoma, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Nets, Rockets, Magic, Lakers, Sacramento, Phoenix

You know what?
Major San Antonio problems were solved during those few games. The transition defense is on a good level at least on a level that do not kill this team. Ahh yea we had Phoenix game where Spurs were destroyed by Suns transition offense, but I do not take this game into consideration when it comes to transition. Spurs were lacking Hill and TP is on 50% also and I take an excuse of a b2b. It would be phenomenal to grind this game and land a double U to our record. No matter that our guys were fighting. Also overly D is better and communication as well not in a satisfying level though. You still can see stupid turnover just because Tim thought RJ will go there not here or not here and there umm whatever :fight

In Atlanta game spurs folded at the end it was like they had no gas in the tank and then opponent can attack and knock you out, Suns did the same thing - dang them!. Different story was in games against Lakers (both games), Cleveland and Boston as well as Oklahoma where they made an illusion that they are controlling the game. They acually did, but also those teams seems like they did not push themselves and they were not at their best, no excuse I give the credit to the spurs. However when elite teams rising their defense our team are changing into a jumpshooting squad, and that’s the worst thing that can happen to this collective. If we do not have any force inside we are screwed to the level that we have to pray for Bonner and Mase to hit the shots. If they are not making them then it's pops fault. Tell me now if Tim down low is important if TP and MG driving to the lane are important assets?
Suck the D, spread the floor, create and finish. Trade me for Pop.

Spurs dig out of the big hole this season, from the pathetic level to a really good one to one of the best in the leauge. They did it like an old spurs click kinda thing. Now with 4 games remaining if this team can kick themselves in another gear, play even better which they can it might be a good run for a goal. They just have to gather themselves with TP coming back and Hill coming back. Jefferson communication must be better.
There are so many questions if those guys can play with each other a basketball game not a ‘we-try-to-do-pops-schemes-the-right-way’. And a surprise factor comes along with ‘new’ spurs. Many teams will not be prepared for them.

Something always pops out

1. It is tough to be a reporter and ask Pop about anything.
- How did LA manage to take a lead?
- They made three treys.

Duhh :rolleyes as simple.

KFU-wXsRhic

- It was a great 4th quarter on defensive end.
- Yes it was

But sometimes Pop likes to answer the questions like when Asked before the game how Parker has looked, coach Gregg Popovich said, “He’s still cute.“

2. Hills ankle, how that could happened? He played as well as anybody could expect of him without TP on the court.
3. When Manu and Tim fall down on the floor @ Phoenix my heart stopped. I was relived and it started to beat again after I saw that Gino hit Tim with his elbow. :)

Okay now let’s go to the point. The struggles. How hardy for and painful for those spurs was this season?

Tim Duncan – He started really good, having more rest in the summer then usual, he carried this team no matter the bothering knees. A career brace on his left knee which he has to deal with. We all do. He was doing more then fine but there was a period of time when Tim was a shadow of himself then on this board he was harassed more then ever. This really was the first time I remember the fans gave Duncan so hard time. No matter that, Tim yet again proved that he can be anchor of the spurs offense and defense, and actually making a Laker destruction the last time we played them. We need a dominant play by him to be successful. Polish Capitan Obvious :rolleyes

Emanuel Ginobili – Oh boy isn’t he great right now? Worth 40 millions? For now? For 3 years? We will know next year for sure. He had a tough year coming back from a summer of rest. And all year long he could not get himself into rhythm. Well he struggled to get into game shape at the beginning of a season. The Manu we were seeing was not the Manu we would like to see. Trying to hit from outside and having troubles to break defenses crushing through the people owning the basket area. Now he rocks being top3 guy in the NBA until he signed an extension… Boy those millions can force you to being soft and not hungry and a loser. Not exactly in my mind , I just wanted to get some of you pissed. We need supermanu in those playoffs, for wins, for legacy, for fun.

Tony Parker – The hardest year for TP in his career. Those years when Pop shouted at him were not even close to being bad comparing to this season. Parker had many injuries and he had to play through it. Well he is not the only person on this planet to do so, but his coach was not helpful giving Tony no limitations in minutes. And yea Pop might be mad cause TP played basketball in Poland this summer. Do not tell me I was so dumb having parker played about 20km from the place I live and did not went to see him play. That’s frickin 30 minutes by car at most. :shootme
Getting back to Parker – just after having the best season last year he’s having the worst now. His body said you need to sit. I said At last! Get some rest TP and come back stronger. George is/was doing great and stepped up. Why then the fans started to boo on TP? :nope I do not agree with you fans, not at all. The spurs need Parkers offense and his pick and rolls with Tim and his playmaking abilities, his passing and driving, transition offense. Come on guys. Healthy TP is our enforcer.

Blair & Hill – Too easy! Blair had no rookie wall and a glue in hands allowed him to be on the floor, but still needs to make his perimeter play visible. He likes to do pivots so much that he is doing them without a defender on him, then he hang in the air for about 0.0000045 secs doing a triple scoop and scoring inside. We need him to hit the glass!
Hill came out and became our best all around player, his duties are all NBA book offensively and defensively. All of sudden bang! An ankle – basketball gods said it will not be too easy. Hey kiddo life is tough.

Roger Mason – Please Pop unplug him and plug Hairston in. It seems like mason can’t hit anything. Of course Suns game negate it but IMO that’s just one game which does not tells the story. Hopefully not cause Pop will probably leave him on the rotation heading to the playoffs. In a season he had troubles with himself thinking too much about minutes and how hard is not having stable certain time on the floor. He than was in the slump and in a doghouse. Horrific on defense and unproductive on offense. Now he must play the best ball he can generate from his talent for spurs to make a fine push. Push I said.

Matt Bonner – He was fine, people likes his persona but dislike him being on the court. They rather see him eat 10 sandwiches at once then shooting three balls through 10 minutes on the court. I don’t get it. Matty had his problem with hand a doghouse, yet not intimidated he came back. The only guy that we can create on the pick and rolls for an wide open trey

Antonio McDyess – he was supposed to be Timmys frontline sidekick. Playing on a different system he struggled to be the guy, the man, the myth, the legend. [Okay I went too far]. He had ups and down, some minor injuries here and there. It’s tough to keep up and it’s tough to fulfill expectations of being inside force and compliment to Duncan. Lately he caught the drift and is finding his spots, he’d better hit those shots in the playoffs

Ian Mainhimi – he had problems gaining more minutes, although he had flashes of good performances it was not enough. He still needs to show the talent not just athleticism. I’m close to quit on him and bring Splitter in. really he did not impressed me a bit.

Richard Jefferson - he is a prime example of what I’m trying to say. A guy who struggles all season long. He tried to suit the situation on the court and off the court and was determined to do whatever it takes. But damn when I was watching him it was like going through agony and I think RJ felt the same. Going every practice and every game, not quitting wanting to fill in the blank spot on small forward position. Many players would say, F it I’m gonna take the money. I can’t play that darn Pops system!
Fans were saying he was worthless and were calling him names. It was a long road for him, from being really bad to the situation he started to play defense and rebound the ball. He also struggled on offense. It was so hard for him to drive and create something, he was forcing too much , he still is but is more effective now. Now RJ seems to be the guy we wanted to see all season. You know what? You can eat the crow, that black one over there.

All in all heading into the playoffs spurs are huge underdogs, as much as Hardy was, Hardy failed to walk away with victory but maybe just maybe the spurs has better shot? But maybe just maybe we can be proud of the spurs no matter the result but for their determination and not tapping. Fighting and never surrender. Play over their abilities, play better then all season long even though there was Hard times, putting themselves in a position to win. As confident as ever figuring out how to pull an upset. Dan Hardy is still young and never was on a top. Few spurs were and knows better then Dan how to outsmart the opponents.
To be better.
Better? In what regard?

FREE THOUGHTS

Timvp said he came back- I do not care – he quit on this team long ago

SPAM again – let someone make a short version with translation. I don’t get it.

Again I feel like I screw up my rtb the 3rd vol. shold be the last

Hopefully my bike gonna be in good shape

Manu on extension caged in the San Antonio

How badly we miss Bowen? Very badly

:flag:

Shit I was in a SPAM story, I can sign autographs

Pendrive is ready I need to fill it with some nice files

Good night, I'm tired

Blackjack
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Keep on keepin' on, poland; I'm a fan. :tu

http://ukmmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dan-hardy-pre-95.jpg

Let's do this . . .

senorglory
04-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Matt Bonner – He was fine, people likes his persona but dislike him being on the court. They rather see him eat 10 sandwiches at once then shooting three balls through 10 minutes on the court. I don’t get it. Matty had his problem with hand a doghouse, yet not intimidated he came back. The only guy that we can create on the pick and rolls for an wide open trey

that seems about right.

polandprzem
04-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Keep on keepin' on, poland; I'm a fan. :tu

http://ukmmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dan-hardy-pre-95.jpg

Let's do this . . .

yes thanks :chestbump

hehe 70 views :)

I'm noobie, I should do threads like sequ and title thread "retarded spurs" and an emote as a post.

polandprzem
04-09-2010, 02:14 AM

that seems about right.

The guy can hit those shots and not many fronline players going to contest it. If yes the opponets D is in havoc, kinda :)

Interrohater
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Very nice post, I'm with you, brother.

Enjoying watching the games, watching the Spurs fight and slug it out.

stéphane
04-09-2010, 03:33 AM
I sure hope as hell I won't feel like a Hardy fan during the last GSP title match when I'll watch the spurs in the playoffs.
Meaning getting spanked and just unable to do a thing.

Thanks for your thoughts Poland.