PDA

View Full Version : LeBron to stay in Cleveland?

D-Wade #3
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I know this is real gm, so take it fwiw

According to a Cleveland radio host, LeBron James has already made up his mind to re-sign with the Cavs but will leave after his next contract.
“I got this from a good source last night: LeBron James is not going anywhere,” Mike Trivisonno said.

“LeBron James is going nowhere ... absolutely, positively nowhere. He’s signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers,” Trivisonno said.
The radio host calls James’ apparent desire to enter free-agency a “smokescreen,” though he then says that James will end his time in Cleveland after his next contract.

James will sign “about a three-year contract ... and then he’ll move on somewhere else.”

At one point, Trivisonno appears to be hinting that his source is close to James.
Via WTAM 1100 (Cleveland (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65843/20100408/cleveland_radio_host_says_lebron_will_re_sign_with _cavs/#)

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65843/20100408/cleveland_radio_host_says_lebron_will_re_sign_with _cavs/

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65843/20100408/cleveland_radio_host_says_lebron_will_re_sign_with _cavs/#ixzz0kRk1PqfG (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65843/20100408/cleveland_radio_host_says_lebron_will_re_sign_with _cavs/#ixzz0kRk1PqfG)

noob cake
04-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Good for the Rockets....

Sign Lee + Gay + filler. Do eet Walsh

ChrisRichards
04-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Makes sense for Lebron to stay in Cleveland even if they dont win the title this year. He can't get a better supporting cast elsewhere.

Fire the coach and make some minor tweaks like trading Shaq in the offseason.

bostonguy
04-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Makes sense for Lebron to stay in Cleveland even if they dont win the title this year. He can't get a better supporting cast elsewhere.

Fire the coach and make some minor tweaks like trading Shaq in the offseason.

Shaq will be a free agent unless you mean if they sign and traded him. Z will also be a free agent. It will be interesting to see what they do win or lose this summer. Lebron in my eyes has already resigned. He just has to wait until July to put the ink on the dotted line.

djohn2oo8
04-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Strike 1 for the Knicks

Destro
04-08-2010, 03:15 PM
if he stays the Cleveland organization did one hell of a job

djohn2oo8
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM
lol at some of the quotes from knicks fans forum

"Yawn. Get back to me when he signs. Until then, you're just the fan of the team that is about to lose a great player. Sorry to be harsh, but this story is fictional. LeBron is not committed to Cleveland and he's not signing an extension now and maybe ever."

"Makes no sense signing an extension when he has the chance to rock the world in New York."

"No deal. But the good news for you is that even after LeBron signs with the Knicks, I'll give you The Bluest if/when he's banned. It will be your consolation prize for losing LeBron http://forums.realgm.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif"

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1001280&start=60

ChrisRichards
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Shaq will be a free agent unless you mean if they sign and traded him. Z will also be a free agent. It will be interesting to see what they do win or lose this summer. Lebron in my eyes has already resigned. He just has to wait until July to put the ink on the dotted line.
Thats what I meant. S&T or just let him walk away. They have a couple of minor options that can make them better. They are already a 60+ win team with or without Shaq and Ilgauskas anyway.

TheMACHINE
04-08-2010, 03:25 PM
hmmm sign...then 3 years leave....

wonder who on the Lakers will have a contract expiring in 3 years...

hmmmm......

bostonguy
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Thats what I meant. S&T or just let him walk away. They have a couple of minor options that can make them better. They are already a 60+ win team with or without Shaq and Ilgauskas anyway.

I don't disagree with that. However if they do end up winning the title, Shaq will play a role in it. The Cavs can do fine without Shaq during the regular season. They landed Shaq for the postseason especially against teams like Orlando and LA. They need Shaqs presence to get past Orlando and LA.

Shaq was starting to get on a roll before his injury. I have heard he has been in shape and I doubt motivation will be a problem for him especially with players like Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant he will see in the playoffs.

Thunder Dan
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
lol Knicks

djohn2oo8
04-08-2010, 03:29 PM
http://imgsrv.wfan.com/image/wfan/UserFiles/Image/lebron-or-bust.jpg

:lmao:lmao

djohn2oo8
04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
And Joe Johnson stays in Atl, only that would make this funnier, along with them not getting Bosh or Stoudamire

coyotes_geek
04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm glad we can finally put this issue to rest, because if Lebron was planning on bolting from Cleveland he would definitely say so right before the playoffs.................

bostonguy
04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I wonder who NY lands after failing to get Bron,Bosh,Wade,Joe Johnson. They also have no 1st round picks for the next few years and only 4 players under contract.

baseline bum
04-08-2010, 03:41 PM
That would be a carbon copy of what Tim Duncan did. He had an aging supporting cast, so he signed a 3-year deal in 2000 to force Pop's hand in acquiring young talent like Tony Parker, Derek Anderson, Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Speedy Claxton, and so on. James would essentially be saying he really wants to stay, but won't sacrifice his legacy is the team isn't run competently.

djohn2oo8
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
STERN will gift them the # pick. They can land Boozer. Call Buss for a sign and trade with Bynum. We'd take LEE and Tony Douglass off their hands, and they would have to hope Wall becomes a stud to make them a contender.

The Knicks don't have their pick this year, the Jazz does

bostonguy
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
STERN will gift them the # pick. They can land Boozer. Call Buss for a sign and trade with Bynum. We'd take LEE and Tony Douglass off their hands, and they would have to hope Wall becomes a stud to make them a contender.

Boozer makes perfect sense. Knicks will get desperate and give him a max deal. Boozer wants to get paid so I can see that.

bostonguy
04-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Wait a minute. They don't have a 1st round this season? If not they are fucked.

No they dont. They dont have one for 2011 or 2012 either.

coyotes_geek
04-08-2010, 03:47 PM
No they dont. They dont have one for 2011 or 2012 either.

I thought one of those years they had a pick, but Houston had the right to swap theirs for it.

bostonguy
04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I thought one of those years they had a pick, but Houston had the right to swap theirs for it.

You are correct. 2011 they can exchange picks if Houston chooses to. 2012 is a protected pick.

baseline bum
04-08-2010, 04:05 PM
The Jazz deserve some luck, but they're so stubbornly mormanish they'll fuck it up by passing on Wall from some unknown white kid hoping for another AK or Stockton.

I'd pass on Wall if there was a Stockton in the draft.

Kai
04-08-2010, 04:11 PM
BULLSHIT he's signing for 3 years. He will sign for as many years as he can and get paid as much as he can. The new CBA might fuck everyone after this year.