PDA

View Full Version : Will Ginobili go back into the Starting Lineup in Round#2?

50 cent
05-05-2005, 12:58 AM
The matchups might be better to have Gino back in the starting lineup in round 2 to help Bowen corral Allen, yet he could still be a very productive spark off the bench. What do you think?

T Park
05-05-2005, 01:01 AM
keep the lineups the way they are.

Hope that Brent Barry can stay in front of Rashard Lewis.

While being taller, Barry does have a long reach, so he can keep a hand up in his face.

Keep the lineups.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-05-2005, 01:09 AM
It all depends on how Barry performs, seeing as though the decision to have Manu come off the bench was mostly to give Barry the extra confidence he needed to perform.

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I think they should go with what they have now... if it isnt broke.. dont fix it.

Horry For 3!
05-05-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm not too sure but I rather have Ginobili coming off the bench. He gives so much energy to the team. Also he can help the team more when he watches off the bench and makes adjustments to help the team. Ginobili is a smart and professional player.

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm not too sure but I rather have Ginobili coming off the bench. He gives so much energy to the team. Also he can help the team more when he watches off the bench and makes adjustments to help the team. Ginobili is a smart and professional player.

Good insight.. He has the advantage of sitting on the bench to see how the players play.. if they need intensity... he'll bring it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Until Devin Brown is back and healthy I say keep Manu coming off the bench. It creates a similar dynamic to the 2003 team, only Barry is there instead of Stephen "The Turnover Machine" Jackson. I'm gonna catch shit for saying that because he helped shoot the Spurs back into some key games, but you can't deny that from a ball control standpoint the Spurs are better of with Barry there.

More importantly, it keeps Manu out of any early foul trouble and assures a major impact player can be there when Tim sits.

Notorious H.O.P.
05-05-2005, 02:46 AM
If we continue to bring Manu off the bench, we will continue to have a fresh scorer with max energy coming off the bench. As H-4-3 said, Manu can observe and develop his game plan for attacking the Sonic soft spots in the defense. I prefer not to bring so much firepower to start the game and then experience a lull when the bench is in. But it is dependent on Barry's matchup. Since he isn't always bringing the O, we need to make sure he doesn't become a liability with his defense. If not, let's ride this all the way to the championship and sort out the starter/bench/Manu/Barry thing after the river parade.