PDA

View Full Version : Palin Presence Steers Rivals Away From Republican Casting Call

Nbadan
04-09-2010, 03:18 AM
This is preciously what I wrote would happen months ago, Palin is such a polarizing figure that no other GOP contender will challenge her..she has become what the GOP was telling liberals Hillary Clinton had become in 2005-06-07 , only wasn't...

Palin Presence Steers Rivals Away From Republican Casting Call

April 9 (Bloomberg) -- Sarah Palin, whose celebrity has the power to steer the spotlight from other Republican presidential hopefuls, is set to retake her party’s stage today as she considers a White House bid.

The former 2008 vice-presidential candidate is the marquee speaker at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, an event unofficially billed as the first cattle call for those aspiring to take on President Barack Obama in 2012.

Republicans heard from all the serious presidential contenders at this point in the election cycle four years ago. This time, three of the potential top candidates have sent regrets: Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

“The press has a seemingly insatiable appetite for all things Sarah, and at some point Republicans who want to fill the space at the head of our table need to overcome that appetite,” said Tucker Eskew, who advised former President George W. Bush and worked as a Palin counselor in 2008. “She is certainly a huge draw, and that shouldn’t be a fundamental driver for big strategic decisions. But on occasion it will drive some scheduling decisions.”

Every Republican presidential nominee has spoken at the conference since it began in 1984 with an appearance by President Ronald Reagan, said Kirstin Hopkins, the conference’s deputy director.

Business Weekly (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-09/palin-presence-steers-rivals-away-from-republican-casting-call.html)

I really think that the GOP is shaping up to be Palin-Perry in 2012 - and they'll lose because fringe bases don't win general elections..

Nbadan
04-09-2010, 10:55 AM
This is the end..

M1s9-VwhSZo
NoBFhdeR9PE

EmptyMan
04-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Newt will be the nominee.

Nbadan
04-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Newt is carrying to much baggage....Palin's inexperience could serve her well in this regard...

Wild Cobra
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Newt is carrying to much baggage....Palin's inexperience could serve her well in this regard...
For once I agree with you. Primarily, reneging on "the contract with America." I predict that if he's the republican nominee, a democrat will win.

EmptyMan
04-09-2010, 11:26 AM

He left his wife for another woman while she was suffering from Cancer or something right?

I don't know. If the country is in shitty enough shape, people won't care about personal stuff when Newt is owning Obama during the debates. Romney is a greasy car salesman, Palin is Palin, Newt is a good speaker off the top of his head. The Rep Party is weak and stupid. McCain got the nomination last election ffs. :rollin:bang

Check out his Speech last night from that Republican Leadership Conference in LA.

boutons_deux
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
"Newt will be the nominee"

Newt was forced out of his Repug caucus, but Repugs do like to keep sending the same fuckers into elections.

Newt seems to be talking about shutting down Congress/govt again. That was as unpopular as it was a failure vs Clinton.

Nbadan
04-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Wonder twins activate!

VtrDVP18EFU