PDA

View Full Version : It must suck to be a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory when you're on your period

Findog
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
This here is your Mavs-Blazers Game Blog:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2010040922

The Dallas Mavericks are on the verge of clinching the Southwest Division and trying to secure the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference. Finishing in that coveted position may not help the Mavs if they face the Portland Trail Blazers in the opening round of the playoffs.

Dallas has a chance to lock up the division Friday night when it visits a Portland team it has yet to defeat this season.

The Mavs (51-27) are battling Utah, Denver and Phoenix for the No. 2 spot, while Portland (48-30), San Antonio and Oklahoma City are tied for sixth in the conference.

Dallas can clinch the Southwest by beating Portland and having the Spurs lose to Memphis on Friday. Defeating the Blazers, though, has been a difficult task for the Mavs.

Portland has won all three meetings, holding Dallas to 43.6 percent shooting. In the last matchup at the Rose Garden on March 25, the Mavs were limited to 35 second-half points in a 101-89 defeat that gave Portland its first season series win over Dallas since 1998-99.

“They’ve beat us three times so for us it’s about getting better,” point guard Jason Kidd(notes) said.

The Mavs showed some improvement Wednesday night, avoiding a third straight loss with a 110-84 home win over the Grizzlies. It was the fewest points allowed by Dallas since also giving up 84 in a win at Charlotte on March 1.

Coach Rick Carlisle’s focus at practice this week was on improving a defense that had allowed 100-plus points in seven of the previous 11 games.

“We needed to play better basketball,” Carlisle said. “Any win you can get right now is precious. It’s a positive step. I thought we were more solid (defensively) than we’ve been the last few games.”

Dallas improved to 6-6 since the end of a season-best, 13-game winning streak.

Portland continued its strong play with a 93-85 road win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night. LaMarcus Aldridge(notes) had 27 points and 12 rebounds, and Brandon Roy(notes) scored 23 as the Blazers won for the 16th time in 20 games and moved up two spots in the West.

“We feel like if we finish out strong, we could easily go to sixth,” Aldridge said. “But it doesn’t really matter. Every series is going to be hard, but you have to finish strong for your own sake, not for who you play.”

Portland has reached the playoffs for the second consecutive season after a five-year drought.

“All we’ll do is keep playing, and when the official standings come out, we’ll figure out what we have to do,” Roy said. “You can’t be worried about where you match up or who you want to play.”

Aldridge, a Dallas native, has been the Blazers’ best player against the Mavs, averaging 20.0 points and 8.7 rebounds, while Andre Miller(notes) had 52 points in a 114-112 win at Dallas on Jan. 30.

The Blazers play three of their last four at home, where they have won six straight. Dallas is opening a three-game trip before hosting San Antonio in its finale.

“We’ve got to get them all,” forward Dirk Nowitzki(notes) told the Mavs’ official Web site about the road trip. “But we can’t get ahead of ourselves. It’s Portland next.”

lil_penny
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
tough game... and a very big one for both teams.

Findog
04-09-2010, 11:12 AM
tough game... and a very big one for both teams.

Mavs will really show us a lot if they can win this one tonight. They shouldn't be lacking any motivation.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Mavs have beaten every team in the NBA except the Blazers.

I'll feel very happy if we win this. Win or lose I wanna see a good showing, a blowout loss would really take the wind out of my sails :)

I don't like missing Mavs game but I may frequent the bars tonight.

Go Mavs! :)

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:27 AM
We don't match up as poorly against the Blazers as the record indicates. a close OT loss, and a 4 point loss. The last game was the only one where we looked really outclassed... even then it came down to fast break points (16-0).

Granted a jump shooting PF and a strong backcourt are matchup hell for the Mavs, but I would like our chances against the Blazers in a 7 game series with HCA. :)

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I've only ate at the Cheesecake Factory once or twice in my life. I enjoyed their food very much.

lil_penny
04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Sucks that this and the lakers games are ones I will be missing due to a motorcycle endorsement class this weekend.. I had tickets for this game also... booooo!!

Findog
04-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Who would the Shat Man root for?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lul-Y8vSr0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lul-Y8vSr0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mavs>spurs2
04-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi, I'm Findog. And this is what I have to say:

I think the Mavs are good, but they're not that good. They can make some noise in the playoffs, but I don't think they'll go all the way.

Spurs are a dangerous team, but they're not that dangerous.

I think the Lakers are still the team to beat in the West, but they're definitely looking vulnerable these days. Still, I don't see any other team in the West beating them, it should be a very entertaining playoffs.

Thank you for listening to my thoughts.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
both teams are going nowhere

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi, I'm Findog. And this is what I have to say:

I think the Mavs are good, but they're not that good. They can make some noise in the playoffs, but I don't think they'll go all the way.

Spurs are a dangerous team, but they're not that dangerous.

I think the Lakers are still the team to beat in the West, but they're definitely looking vulnerable these days. Still, I don't see any other team in the West beating them, it should be a very entertaining playoffs.

Thank you for listening to my thoughts.

:lol

Conventional Wisdom at its finest.

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM

The Cavs may win a title this year, but at the end of the day, Blazers and Mavs fans get to live in a real city, whereas you're stuck in Shitville.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

djohn2oo8
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I've only ate at the Cheesecake Factory once or twice in my life. I enjoyed their food very much.

Yeah, they are very expensive tho, but if you take a girl there on a date, it's a guaranteed panty dropper

mavs>spurs2
04-09-2010, 01:25 PM

Conventional Wisdom at its finest.

Thanks for listening, friend, and enjoy my thread.

Blake
04-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, they are very expensive tho, but if you take a girl there on a date, it's a guaranteed panty dropper

I'm betting it would take less than that for you to drop your panties

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Oh hi Thunder Dan.

Look, I know the Mavs probably won't win a title this year, but I still enjoy watching them. I think it's going to be a fun playoff ride for the Mavericks. This sets up for a beautiful story. This group of veterans searching for their first ring, only to come up short. It'll be a sad ending, but at the same time, it'll be a beautiful tragedy too.

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM

I got laid Wednesday night after taking my girlfriend to $5 Enchilada night at Casa Blanca:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-blanca-sabor-tex-mex-dallas

Thunder Dan
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh hi Thunder Dan.

Look, I know the Mavs probably won't win a title this year, but I still enjoy watching them. I think it's going to be a fun playoff ride for the Mavericks. This sets up for a beautiful story. This group of veterans searching for their first ring, only to come up short. It'll be a sad ending, but at the same time, it'll be a beautiful tragedy too.

I just like stirring up Findog because he always takes the bait

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh hi Thunder Dan.

The Cavs are big-budget schlock like Avatar or 2012. The Mavs are a tragic mumblecore indie movie like "Greenberg" or "Lars and the Real Girl."

Findog
I just like stirring up Findog because he always takes the bait

For a little whiles anyways.

Thunder Dan
LMAO, and sure enough, he did again. I didn't even see his post until after I responded to Ghazi. All I have to say is the Mavs suck, or they aren't going anywhere, and Findog always comes back with 2010 smack or Cleveland bashing

Thunder Dan
04-09-2010, 01:32 PM
all I have to do is throw some chum (Mavs suck) in the water and Findog shows up like a shark

djohn2oo8
04-09-2010, 01:32 PM

And even less for your slut of a mother to drop hers. More along the line of "hello there" usually does the trick

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:35 PM
all I have to do is throw some chum (Mavs suck) in the water and Findog shows up like a shark

That's because you're compensating for something. What that might be, I don't know.

vy65
04-09-2010, 01:37 PM
The Cavs may win a title this year, but at the end of the day, Blazers and Mavs fans get to live in a real city, whereas you're stuck in Shitville.

I wouldn't put Portland on the same level as Dallas as cities IMO. Portland has a soul. Dallas is a cess pool, wanna be LA. It sucks major donkey cock. Nay, major fuss-pestering donkey cock.

Oh and lol mistake-by-the-lake.

Ditty
04-09-2010, 01:38 PM
im fine with the blazers winning tonight if blazers get the ass beat by the lakers on sunday

Blake
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I got laid Wednesday night after taking my girlfriend to $5 Enchilada night at Casa Blanca:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-blanca-sabor-tex-mex-dallas

"...... Ordered the margaritas, thought they were a little weak but then when we got the bill, we realized they were free. "

free margs never hurts

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't put Portland on the same level as Dallas as cities IMO. Portland has a soul. Dallas is a cess pool, wanna be LA. It sucks major donkey cock. Nay, major fuss-pestering donkey cock.

Oh and lol mistake-by-the-lake.

I thought that too before I moved here. Anything north of 635 is ass - track housing, big box retail and chain restaurants. But like any city of its size, Dallas has extremely cool pockets. The Lakewood area is cool. North Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts area is cool.

Cities like Portland, Austin and so forth eventually become victims of their own success:

http://www.urbanophile.com/2010/01/17/portland-and-the-limits-of-urban-planning-policy/

When everybody moves to your town and there aren't enough jobs to sustain that kind of population growth, it creates drawbacks. I moved away from Austin five years ago. The employment rate in Austin is pretty good, but they're not all good jobs. And the last time I was there, I noticed they're turning downtown into Luxury Loft Condo Disneyland.

Dallas has plenty of things to do, a reasonable cost of living and a healthier economy than most because of the tax incentives for major employers. Although to be honest I was born and raised in Ft. Worth and much prefer it to Dallas.

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
free margs never hurts

That's outdated. They have their liquor license now. Oh, and the ritas are much stronger now that they're $3.

Blake
04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
And even less for your slut of a mother to drop hers. More along the line of "hello there" usually does the trick

na, you would lose that bet.

but we've figured out that your panties drop somewhere less than Cheesecake Factory but more than "hello there".

Blake
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
That's outdated. They have their liquor license now.

figured as much. Maybe free margs is what it takes for djohn to drop his panties.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi Findog.

Speaking of soul, do tell me more about the Spearmint Rhino. I may be interested in visiting this genteman's club next time I'm in Dallas.

Findog
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi Findog.

Speaking of soul, do tell me more about the Spearmint Rhino. I may be interested in visiting this genteman's club next time I'm in Dallas.

It's basically the Cheesecake Factory of strip clubs.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Can I get my dick sucked?

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Findog
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Can I get my dick sucked?

According to Shank, that is something that can be easily arranged.

vy65
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Just moved here from Austin. While you're right that the ATX is importing some serious douche-bagery downtown, it'll still always have more of a soul than the epicenter of soul crushing sadness that is uptown. I also kinda think the bishop arts area is overrated -- I kinda think deep ellum would be cool if it hadn't been carved out.

You're right about the economy -- DFW and Houston are the fastest growing cities in the nation. But do you shoot the heroin of solid standard of living only to go threw the withdrawal of pretentious ass-hatery that is 90% of people in Dallas?

vy65
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Can herpes (the kind that burn in your bathing suit area) be transmitted by mouth?

duhoh
04-09-2010, 02:13 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

that was a nice video :D

Findog
04-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Just moved here from Austin. While you're right that the ATX is importing some serious douche-bagery downtown, it'll still always have more of a soul than the epicenter of soul crushing sadness that is uptown. I also kinda think the bishop arts area is overrated -- I kinda think deep ellum would be cool if it hadn't been carved out.

You're right about the economy -- DFW and Houston are the fastest growing cities in the nation. But do you shoot the heroin of solid standard of living only to go threw the withdrawal of pretentious ass-hatery that is 90% of people in Dallas?

Well, I don't go to Uptown if I can help it. I agree that Austin is still a lot cooler than a lot of places, but I don't like that more and more normal folks are being priced out of it. Driving down South Lamar and South Congress, I was struck by how much the authentic bohemian parts of South Austin had been overrun by Uptown-like establishments - there's luxury apts next door to the Continental Club now. I really like the Lakewood area of east Dallas. Bishop Arts is up and coming - unfortunately it will be overrun by the douchebags in 5-10 years. I honestly think you can avoid the pretentious asshattery of Dallas if you avoid Uptown and Lower Greenville.

Findog
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zN1_3zHjhW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zN1_3zHjhW8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Findog
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvbiGp_Evgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvbiGp_Evgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Findog
04-09-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/4/9/1412048/game-79-preview-mavericks-vs

The Blazers just played the Mavericks a couple weeks ago. If you need a glimpse into what kind of team Dallas is you can check out the preview for that game here. The updates: Dallas is now 51-27, they've lost 2 of their last 3 but won three straight before that, making their trend 4 of 6 in the win column. Shawn Marion sat out their last game with an oblique strain and is listed as day-to-day.

Who the Mavericks are and their recent trends may not be as telling tonight as what this game means to them. They're in a nasty, deadlocked, four-way race for the 2nd through 5th seeds in the playoffs. Portland has beaten the Mavs in all of their previous contests this season. Dallas may end up facing the Blazers in the playoffs. Even if they don't they need to show themselves and the world that they can win against anyone. Walking out of here with another loss to Portland would be a psychological blow and a hit in the standings. Dallas is going to want this win pretty badly.

A victory tonight could also do great things for the Blazers. Yes, vanquising the Mavericks for the season would be a feather in Portland's cap. But this win would also help the Blazers in their own playoff seeding race in ways both obvious and subtle. Portland is neck and neck with San Antonio and Oklahoma City in the standings. A win gets them closer to the top of that pile. A win tonight also guarantees that Monday's game against the Thunder will mean everything in the battle between the two teams.

Portland and OKC are exactly even in the standings. Portland holds a 2-1 series lead against the Thunder with Monday's game left. Portland has two games this weekend: Dallas tonight and the L*kers in L.A. on Sunday. The Thunder have two games as well: Phoenix at home tonight and the Warriors by the Bay on Sunday. If the Blazers win tonight there's no way Oklahoma City can run ahead in the standings no matter what else happens. If the Blazers go 1-1 over the weekend the Thunder would only move a single game ahead even if they won both of their games. In that case the Blazers would pull them back into a tie with a win on Monday. At that point Portland would also own the tiebreaker 3-1 and the Blazers would only need to defeat Golden State at home in the final game of the season to guarantee they'd finish ahead of Oklahoma City, and thus out of the fatal 8th spot, in the seeding race. The only way Monday's game loses its luster is if the Blazers lose both games this weekend while the Thunder win both of theirs. A victory tonight is the easiest way to prevent that from happening.

In short, this game means a ton to both teams. It ought to be something special. The Blazers need to play like their destinies are on the line, earn their way forward, and take advantage of this opportunity. In times like this you look to your key players: Roy, Aldridge, Miller with helping hands from Camby and Batum. The big question mark will be whether anybody off of Portland's bench can make headway against a relatively deep Dallas squad. But this will be played like a playoff game, which probably includes playoff rotations. Portland had a day off before this game and has another off after. If six guys take all the minutes, so be it. Whoever can help us win needs to play. The pressure comes off Sunday's game in L.A. then and everybody can prepare mentally for Monday's titanic contest.

This is it. You play all year to put yourself in position to play the kind of meaningful games Portland will see in the next four days. Let's hope the Blazers are ready.

Findog
04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2856

A coach like Rick Carlisle cannot say it. He’s right in the middle of Mavs-at-Blazers tonight, right in the middle of a race for second place in the West, right in the middle of a possible playoff matchup that would pit these same two teams against one another.

So a coach like Rick Carlisle cannot say it. But a former coach like Del Harris can.

“This is a big game for the Mavs, but not just because of the standings,’’ Harris tells DallasBasketball.com. “This is also a big game because of which team can get into the other team’s head. It’s a big game psychologically.’’

Harris, the legendary NBA mind, will be watching the game on TV tonight (right after he finishes his volunteer stint with the charity “Battle of the Badges’’ game between Metroplex police officers and firefighters. He is aware of Dallas’ 0-3 record this year against the Blazers … and he thinks that “awareness’’ is a burden that needs to be shed.

“One win can really fix all of that, in terms of the Mavs’ ‘self-image,’ if you want to call it that,’’ Harris says. “And on the other hand, if Portland can tell itself it was 4-0 against Dallas this year? That fortifies them for the playoffs, in terms of confidence, whether they end up playing the Mavs or anybody else.’’

Dallas begins play this weekend at 51-27, good for a second-place tie with Denver and Phoenix. Portland is 48-30 and in sixth, knotted with OKC. There are numerous Round 1 combinations, Blazers-vs.-Mavs among them.

Weird thing about the final four games on Dallas’ schedule: while the Mavs have a dominant record of 7-1 against the other three coming foes (Sacto, Clippers, Spurs), the Blazers are that 0-3 thorn in their side.

Do the Mavs have any sort of psychology on their side?

*Dallas can tell itself that its status as a veteran team provides it an edge over a younger club like Portland. The Mavs win close games at a clip that matches any team in the NBA, and even when they are down late, they do the same. When trailing by double-digits in the final quarter of games, the Mavs have five wins – a league-high.

*Dallas can tell itself that this is a different Mavs team – post-Butler/Haywood/Stevenson trade – than the one that lost 85-81 at home on Dec. 22, or the one that lost 114-112 at home on Jan. 30. Two home losses, by a total of six points … before Butler and company … maybe that’s a playoff plus rather than a minus.

*Dallas can tell itself that there has been something fluky about its losses. A 35-point second half in the 101-89 failure in Portland on March 25? The Jan. 30 outcome determined largely by the fact that Andre Miller scored an insane 52 points? Maybe the seesaw will rock nearer the middle tonight …

Though even if the Mavs find a way to bring Miller back down to earth, they will have to contend with LaMarcus Aldridge (the hometown kid who is bringing it this year against Dallas, averaging 20/9) and with Brandon Roy – and do not figure to have Shawn Marion available to contend with Roy.

*Dallas can tell itself that the playoffs begin now. … and in a sense, they do. If the Mavs win while the Spurs lose to Memphis (an iffy proposition given that the Grizzlies are apparently packing it in), Dallas will clinch the Southwest title tonight.

*And then there is “The Due Theory.’’

The Blazers hadn’t won a season series with the Mavs since 1998-99. A loss tonight would mark the first Blazers sweep of the Mavs since 1997-98. Is there really that much of a gap between these two teams?

“They're 3-0 against us this year,’’ says JJ Barea, “so we're due for one.’’

monosylab1k
04-09-2010, 05:04 PM
If you eventually want to grow up and enjoy raising a family in a clean and safe (albeit incredibly generic and boring) place, then a Dallas suburb is about the best place to do it.

If you want to live a Peter Pan existence that ends with you being 70 years old and strutting around the city in nothing but combat boots and women's underwear, then enjoy Austin.

If you want to live the life of the morbidly obese, have fun in San Antonio.

If you have low intelligence and terrible taste in places to live, you're probably in Houston.

Findog
04-09-2010, 05:21 PM
If you eventually want to grow up and enjoy raising a family in a clean and safe (albeit incredibly generic and boring) place, then a Dallas suburb is about the best place to do it.

If you want to live a Peter Pan existence that ends with you being 70 years old and strutting around the city in nothing but combat boots and women's underwear, then enjoy Austin.

If you want to live the life of the morbidly obese, have fun in San Antonio.

If you have low intelligence and terrible taste in places to live, you're probably in Houston.

If you want a vibrant cultural district, a good job market, a lack of crippling traffic jams, a low cost of living, a downtown with an actual entertainment district (unlike Dallas), and a laid-back and unpretentious vibe unlike what you encounter in D-Town, head on over to Fort Worth. FTW is very different from Austin in many ways, but there are some similarities.

I would rank the major Texas cities this way:

1. Austin
2. Ft Worth
3. Dallas
4. San Antonio
5. Houston
6. El Paso

vy65
04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
There's some strong args for H-town: more international, so you get more diverse crowds at bars and shit which is a nice change-o-pace to the endless sea of platinum pussy elsewhere. Also, much better food. I also think the people are friendlier there.

Cons: it's a sweltering hell-hole in the summertime and was looks as though it was planned by a dying aids victim who had retard fucked inside her skull.

It's clearly better than SA and probably equal to Dallas. Although the gap between #1 and #2 is so huge that it don't matter much anyway.

Findog -- you seen Zach Galafinakis Live at the Purple Onion?

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
So what's the status of Matrix tonight.

This is a bigimportant game!

Shank
04-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Out with oblique.

I'm going to slow stroke throughout all 4 quarters and see if I can climax with the final buzzer.

Findog
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
There's some strong args for H-town: more international, so you get more diverse crowds at bars and shit which is a nice change-o-pace to the endless sea of platinum pussy elsewhere. Also, much better food. I also think the people are friendlier there.

I wouldn't want to live in Houston, but it's well worth a weekend visit every now and then for sure. You're right that the restaurant scene is a good one, and they've done a good job with their various entertainment districts. (Dallas has done nothing with its downtown and let Deep Ellum waste away from neglect).

From what I remember, North Houston is a big box retail/chain restaurant hellhole just like North Dallas, and the traffic is hellacious....but I liked South Houston around where Rice is located. Lots of cool clubs and restaurants. The beaches at Lake Jackson and Galveston are also not far away.

It's clearly better than SA and probably equal to Dallas. Although the gap between #1 and #2 is so huge that it don't matter much anyway.

Austin is just so unlike the rest of Texas that it does deserve its own category. I just hope that the city can find some balance between the developers and maintaining what made the city so cool in the first place. It's changed, and not for the better, since I was a freshman at UT in 1998.

Findog -- you seen Zach Galafinakis Live at the Purple Onion?

Yeah, it's terrific:

"It's hard to get a table for one at Chucky Cheese when you look like I do."

Findog
04-09-2010, 06:02 PM
So what's the status of Matrix tonight.

This is a bigimportant game!

He's out, but says he'll be ready for the playoffs.

Findog
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I haven't been to San Antonio in a few years, but when I used to go there on weekends in college...meh. The Riverwalk is a tourist trap, it takes forever to get around on the 410, and it just has a boring vibe to it. Parts of it are very pretty since it's located in the Hill Country, and the Tex Mex is great (as it should be.)

Shank
04-09-2010, 06:09 PM
The fucking portion sizes at Cheesecake Factory are ridiculous. Who needs that much pasta?

vy65
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Which NBA player is most likely to ask his hairdresser for the Amber Alert?

j.dizzle
04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Even if the Blazers sweep Dallas in the regular season, they wouldnt beat them in the playoffs. Nobody takes Portland serious other then Tlong

picc84
04-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Not even tlong takes the blazers seriously. He's happy if they get through a game without Camby stepping on a land mine.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Why's nobody talking about this

Very good game, very ugly game. Dirk's not getting much help. Mavs D is ncie though.

lil_penny
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Just got home and from what I've seen so far a good game.. defense has been solid for both teams

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Najera with a big 3!

Mavs guards have been poor tonigiht

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Crowds going ape shit.

dirk4mvp
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Andre Miller has been such a giant stinky, smelly, nasty, rotten flopping pussy this game. What a faggot. Kill yourself fat boy.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Mavs getting some lucky breaks from the whistles I have to say :lol, not as bad as the crowds making it out to be though IMO.

lil_penny
04-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Lol blazers

dirk4mvp
04-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Dirk, imho.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Dirk imo

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Dont choke

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Dirk is $ imo

lil_penny
Big shot by dirk

HarlemHeat37
all Dirk had to do there was make an open shot..no disrespect, Dirk has carried the Mavs for this game and has played great, but that play was all Kidd..his basketball IQ is so ridiculous..that play was just genius..

lil_penny
04-09-2010, 11:34 PM
MR. Diggler shitting all over the Blazers!

And that shit slides downhill so put your goggles on spur fan

monosylab1k
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Good win :tu

Now don't piss away a good effort tonight by losing to Sacramento tomorrow.

Ghazi
funny ending :lol.

picc84
LMAO Jailblazers 0-40 from 3 in 10 seconds. looked like a shootaround for the Sioux Falls Skyforce :lmao

monosylab1k
04-09-2010, 11:42 PM
and fuck Carlisle still.

No Beaubois?

bostonguy
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Funny how no one brought this up but the Mavs won the division tonight. @sac, @clips then at home vs the spurs.

John Hollinger
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
I am experiencing a 33.87577 in Pissy Butthurtness after this preposterous abomination of a basketball game. Unfortunately this is another occasion where the final score of the game doesn't reflect who actually won. Portland had a 55.848 win rating when factoring in limerick writing skills and collective semen volume, as opposed to a 44.557 for Dallas.

Hopefully the league will take this into account and make the necessary changes to ensure that the outcome of games more accurately reflects what the numbers prove actually happened.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
b2b, Kidd/Dirk played heavy minutes. and Landry/Evans are problems for Mavs.

But no excuses tommorow night!

HOWEVER Mavs can go 2-1 and still be favorites to get the 2 seed. Nuggets would be "expected" to lose 1 out of v SA/@ PHX.

lurker
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Have someone else start your car for you, Ken.

Indazone
04-10-2010, 01:50 AM
From the title of this thread, it's obvious that Findog started it from personal experience.

badfish22
04-10-2010, 02:43 AM
:lmao did anyone catch that? After that guy in the crowd told everyone to stand up as he was getting his ass escorted out, Dirk hit a three and yelled "sit down" while pointing to the floor. What a G imho

badfish22
04-10-2010, 02:44 AM
I just got through watching the game on record. Great game imho. Felt like a playoff game. If we see them in the first round it will be a very intense series

badfish22
04-10-2010, 12:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rP4wVRJeSFQ/S8AQ9JBSECI/AAAAAAAABFs/PQgYiO6HdOI/s400/98365224.jpg

Ghazi
04-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Does anyone feel a little worse about the Blazer matchup after this game? It really seems like the Mavs struggle to generate clean looks against their length.

Just something that was going through my mind as the game progressed... although the Mavs played good defense too.

Findog
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Does anyone feel a little worse about the Blazer matchup after this game? It really seems like the Mavs struggle to generate clean looks against their length.

Actually no. Aldridge worries me, not because he can check Dirk, because he can't...but because Dirk has problems containing him. Almost every night the Mavs win the PF matchup easily. Aldridge is a tough cover for Dirk.

Otherwise, pretty much their entire offense is mid-range jump shots. That's not a recipe for playoff success.