PDA

View Full Version : Lakers 1-4 in their last five

tlongII
04-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Geez. How bad is that! :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-09-2010, 12:04 PM
They're 27-17 since their 28-6 start. The question is which team should we expect for the playoffs.

xellos88330
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I wish that I had selective understanding like a Laker fan. Ignorance must be bliss.

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Only because Andrea Glassnum is out.

noob cake
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
They're 27-17 since their 28-6 start. The question is which team should we expect for the playoffs.

Lakers are not that great. That cushy start made them look impressive. Besides the Lakers play the most home game out of all the teams in the league (and least away game if you want to think like this)

ChrisRichards
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
The teams second half performance normally represents the quality of their play in the playoffs.

That 28-6 star was an abberation. Too many home court + Kobe shooting an immortal 50% on 32 ppg.

The Franchise
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM

Remember 72 win ecstacy? :lol

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Lakers are still the best in the West. Call me a fucking homer but the only team with a CHANCE against the Lakers in a 7 game series is the Dallas Mavericks :).

It just so happens Fisher is a shitty PG, which alleviates the Mavs of a huge defensive issue. The Lakers shitty 3-PT shooting also alleviates the Mavs of a shaky defense against the 3-PT shot.

It also just so happens that the Mavs are pretty good defending wing players like Kobe this year.

Mavs have a better frontline than the Jazz/Suns/Nuggets IMHO.

But ultimately we would probably fall short :)

ChrisRichards
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Lakers are still the best in the West. Call me a fucking homer but the only team with a CHANCE against the Lakers in a 7 game series is the Dallas Mavericks :).

It just so happens Fisher is a shitty PG, which alleviates the Mavs of a huge defensive issue. The Lakers shitty 3-PT shooting also alleviates the Mavs of a shaky defense against the 3-PT shot.

It also just so happens that the Mavs are pretty good defending wing players like Kobe this year.

+ 1. Dallas is my pick as well. Kobe is containable at this point so adding that with his recent struggles with Marion should only make him less of a concern.

Dallas also has better depth.

tlongII
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM

I disagree. If Bynum is out, ANY team in the West can beat them. How far the Lakers progress in the postseason is almost solely dependent on Bynum's health.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I could actually see 4 teams coming out of the West this year. I gotta say the Lakers are probably still the favorite, but LA, Dallas, San Antonio, and Utah could all make a run. Maybe Denver... but I doubt it.

picc84
04-09-2010, 12:39 PM
1-4

Looks like the Blazers win-loss record in our upcoming first round series.

tlongII
04-09-2010, 12:46 PM
1-4

:lol Lakers dropping to 3rd?

nkdlunch
04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
:lol

kamikazi_player
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
1-4

You're too generous to the Blazers

picc84
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM
:lol Lakers dropping to 3rd?

Blazers will be in 8th soon enough son. Then we can get down to business, right after your make-the-playoffs parade. Your players will be sent home quick enough to help clean the streets up. :lol

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Lakers are not that great. That cushy start made them look impressive. Besides the Lakers play the most home game out of all the teams in the league (and least away game if you want to think like this)

No, you persistently silly person. The Lakers, along with the Clippers, play both the fewest road games and fewest home games in the league. 39 home, 39 away, 4 neutral court.

HTH, HAND.

The Cougar
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
No, you persistently silly person. The Lakers, along with the Clippers, play both the fewest road games and fewest home games in the league. 39 home, 39 away, 4 neutral court.

HTH, HAND.

lol neutral

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I disagree. If Bynum is out, ANY team in the West can beat them. How far the Lakers progress in the postseason is almost solely dependent on Bynum's health.

Even with Bynum any team can beat the Lakers. Likely to happen? I sure wouldn't be the house on it.

Y'all are too funny, running to bury the Lakers at this point. They're far from the favorites this year, but if any team is going to bury them, it's probably going to be Cleveland holding the shovel, not a team out of the West.

D-Wade #3
04-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Even with Bynum any team can beat the Lakers. Likely to happen? I sure wouldn't be the house on it.

Y'all are too funny, running to bury the Lakers at this point. They're far from the favorites this year, but if any team is going to bury them, it's probably going to be Cleveland holding the shovel, not a team out of the West.

I dunno, Gasol has been playing like a ginormous vagina as of late

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I dunno, Gasol has been playing like a ginormous vagina as of late

26/13/5 with 3 blocks and 3 TOs on 8-17 FGs and 10-11 FTs with good defense last night... I'll take that anytime.

Averaging 24 pts on 56% shooting with 13 boards, 4 dimes in the last six games, four of which were on the road, five of em against playoff teams.

I'm having a hard time seeing Pau as the problem lately.

FkLA
04-09-2010, 04:03 PM

They played about 33 and a half of those first games at home so Id be inclined to go with the 27-17 record afterwards as a better indicator. Noone out West fears these Lakers.

D-Wade #3
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
26/13/5 with 3 blocks and 3 TOs on 8-17 FGs and 10-11 FTs with good defense last night... I'll take that anytime.

Averaging 24 pts on 56% shooting with 13 boards, 4 dimes in the last six games, four of which were on the road, five of em against playoff teams.

I'm having a hard time seeing Pau as the problem lately.

I'm talking about attacking the paint, he seems to be too passive, or too quick with his shots sometimes

Ashy Larry
04-09-2010, 04:33 PM
They played about 33 and a half of those first games at home so Id be inclined to go with the 27-17 record afterwards as a better indicator. Noone out West fears these Lakers.

here's the key line right here ..... does any squad tremble going into Staples ???

In the 80s, you knew two things: you were going to get your ass kicked when you went into the Boston Garden and you were going to get your ass kicked when you went into the Forum. These Lakers don't have teams shaking like that.

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm talking about attacking the paint, he seems to be too passive, or too quick with his shots sometimes

He definitely is a finesse-first kind of player, and I hate how he pouts after not getting a call down low while the opposing C is streaking downcourt. But I really can't fault the guy, he mixes it up down low plenty (six ORBs last night for instance) and he generally gets the job done. Best #2 guy in the league, easily, IMO.

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 04:42 PM
here's the key line right here ..... does any squad tremble going into Staples ???

In the 80s, you knew two things: you were going to get your ass kicked when you went into the Boston Garden and you were going to get your ass kicked when you went into the Forum. These Lakers don't have teams shaking like that.

Oh well. They didn't have that going for them last year, either, and it worked out OK.

Of course, last year's team also had no fear going into opposing arenas... they won in Boston, Cleveland, Orlando (x2), Denver (x3), Utah, SA, Dallas, Phoenix, etc. in both the playoffs and regular season. Best road record in the NBA. That's one of the things I loved about last year's team... also loved it about the 2001 team, only team in NBA history to win the title with a perfect record on the road in postseason (8-0).

This year's team, not so much. They do have wins in Boston, Utah, Porty, SA, Phoenix, Dallas, OKC, but a lot more losses including some ugly ones.