PDA

View Full Version : Phil: Last second shot was designed for a mismatch on Odom

ChrisRichards
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
http://imgur.com/ipGf0.jpg

:rollin:rollin:rollin@ Fisher

xellos88330
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Looks like Lamar knows what is about to happen in that pic.

The Franchise
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks like Lamar knows what is about to happen in that pic.

Yeah, that face is priceless. :lol

ChrisRichards
04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I would be fucking pissed if I was Lamar. Id be like "WTF are you doing?, I have a 6'3 midget on me down low and you're shootin an off balanced three pointer over someone 7 inches taller than you???"

That shot along with Artest's missed layup on that transition and Kobe and Bynum's injuries pretty much sums up the Lakers fate this postseason.

IronMexican
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
It's time for Fisher to lose almost all of his minutes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I guess his decision making has gotten as bad as his athleticism. He should be benched for an entire game just because of that play.

picc84
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
I would love for Fisher to play C for the Blazers just for one game.

nkdlunch
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
not only getting old and slow. But senile too LOL

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Barbosa for Fisher.....do it Mitch!

MiamiHeat
04-09-2010, 01:01 PM
phil is acting like such a fucking bitch while coaching the lakers

would he ever call out kobe? nope

but he's quick to PUBLICLY burn anyone else on the Lakers when they fuck up

Phil, you're a faggot

ChrisRichards
Barbosa for Fisher.....do it Mitch!
This a joke? if not, why do you guys want to get rid of the Avatar?

redzero
Courtesy of Basketbawful:

Derek Fisher: I have a lot of respect for Fish, but watching him play lately is like watching a straight-to-video copy of Weekend At Bernie's 3, only Fisher is Bernie and Phil Jackson is those two dumb guys who think pretending a dead guy is still alive is a good idea. Last night, Derek was 2-for-11. And, admittedly, Sasha Vujacic and Shannon Brown -- who were both 3-for-12 -- were just as bad. But they didn't get their last-second shot swatted.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
This a joke? if not, why do you guys want to get rid of the Avatar?

The avatar has declined each and every season since winning the 6th man award in 2007. Now he's basically declined into a non-factor who's a giant court cancer whenever he plays. Ask anyone who saw the Spurs Suns game, I've never seen 1 player make such a huge negative impact in the span of 4 minutes. It was remarkable.

nkdlunch
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
The avatar has declined each and every season since winning the 6th man award in 2007. Now he's basically declined into a non-factor who's a giant court cancer whenever he plays. Ask anyone who saw the Spurs Suns game, I've never seen 1 player make such a huge negative impact in the span of 4 minutes. It was remarkable.

Barbosa looked like shit in the game vs. Spurs. I was hoping he stayed on the floor longer.

picc84
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't know how much he's declined, but he can't possibly be worse than Fisher. If he's even a fraction of what he was when he was killing the Lakers in 06-07 he's still lightyears ahead of Fisher. If he can tie his goddamn shoes he's better than Derek Fisher.

Fabbs
04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Looked like Swisher expected the obliglitory Laker call on that shot. Put his hands on his hips and did his PMS glare at the official.

I still havent forgiven Jereem Nelson for farking backing away to give Swisher more space and no defense for his lame 3 pter in the Finals. 3-1 instead of 2-2 and yet another Faker gift.

duhoh
04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Looked like Swisher expected the obliglitory Laker call on that shot. Put his hands on his hips and did his PMS glare at the official.

I still havent forgiven Jereem Nelson for farking backing away to give Swisher more space and no defense for his lame 3 pter in the Finals. 3-1 instead of 2-2 and yet another Faker gift.

i'm assuming that you are talking about jameer nelson? :downspin:

if you are, then i agree :lol

JamStone
04-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Lamar's face does show lots and lots for just one shot.

D-Wade #3
04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Lamar's face does show lots and lots for just one shot.

It rocks, it rocks :lol

TheMACHINE
04-09-2010, 02:59 PM
i love them shoes though! haha

picc84
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
The worst part is that Fisher doesn't think he did anything wrong. He LITERALLY has never taken responsibility for any negative action on his part.

Do you know he actually told the LA media that he was "holding back my game" this season and sacrificing for the team even though he wanted to "spread my wings on offense"?

God i'd love to punch him in the goddamn face.

Booharv
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
phil is acting like such a fucking bitch while coaching the lakers

would he ever call out kobe? nope

but he's quick to PUBLICLY burn anyone else on the Lakers when they fuck up

Phil, you're a faggot

They asked him a question and he told them the truth. What do you want him to do, lie? For a guy who just completely ignored what you told him to do? Fuck that.

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
The worst part is that Fisher doesn't think he did anything wrong. He LITERALLY has never taken responsibility for any negative action on his part.

Do you know he actually told the LA media that he was "holding back my game" this season and sacrificing for the team even though he wanted to "spread my wings on offense"?

He certainly does have a issue with externalizing his problems. I know NBA players have huge egos and that is part of what makes them among the .000001 percent of ballers on the planet good enough for that level, but it's sad to see when it totally blinds them to their own limitations.

Baseline
04-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Yes, I saw the interview, and Fisher said he was "holding back my game" this year.

And yes, he he had a straight face when he said this.

In a related story, he will be appearing alongside Ben Stein at the Laugh Factory on Sunset this weekend.

nkdlunch
04-09-2010, 03:43 PM

He's part of the old Lakers. Have Kobe or Phil ever taken responsibility for any negative action on their part? nope.

picc84
04-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I can remember both of them saying "I should have..." after a game about a blown play or decision. Fisher has never uttered those words. Of course, as a Spurs fan you're so butthurt about those two because they rape SA repeatedly that you aren't capable of imagining a scenario where they aren't 100% at fault, even if the discussion has nothing to do with them.

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Of course, as a Spurs fan you're so butthurt about those two because they rape SA repeatedly that you aren't capable of imagining a scenario where they aren't 100% at fault, even if the discussion has nothing to do with them.

BFS. Battered Fan Syndrome

ChrisRichards
04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Fisher's IQ is so overrated. He could be dumber than Kwame Brown. Its not going to sit well for the team when one of your veteran is the worst shooter (efficiency and selection wise) and decision maker in that team. You would think he has the smarts of an aging and battle tested vet but the guy is just not that bright.

san antonio spurs
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Lol all this hate on Fisher
When he saves the Lakers' ass once again in the playoffs you'll be eating crow. Fisher has slowed down no doubt, but like Horry, only one game in the playoffs can justify his presence on the roster. I remember him catching fire against the Magic in the Finals in Game 4 I believe, and that wasn't that long ago...that bastard can still kill a team in the clutch

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Fisher's IQ is so overrated. He could be dumber than Kwame Brown. Its not going to sit well for the team when one of your veteran is the worst shooter (efficiency and selection wise) and decision maker in that team. You would think he has the smarts of an aging and battle tested vet but the guy is just not that bright.

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

I think for Fisher, his stubborn chucking is his attempt at "proof."

Lars
04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
LOL Odoms face is priceless.