PDA

View Full Version : Time to trade Tony Parker

spurs4real
04-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Its time, last year i wrote about him not passing the ball, he does'nt make his team better, there's no ball movement amongst the team only isolated plays for him and if he cant do anything with the play he'll pass the ball to Duncan or Ginobili who are just caught standing still with no movement toward the basket.

Now more than ever, its evident, Hill is our Avery Johnson but more athletic, and gets his team moving through passing, cutting, moving without the ball only to receive the ball to then pass to an open shooter or cutter.

Hill, Duncan, Ginobili is our new big three.

Trade Parker to a team in need of a PG who has a REAL CENTER too many to offer us. Trust that we can get another good player(s) or even a first round pick for Parker easy.

We dont need an Allen Iverson impersonator. we all know how that worked out, people get tired of a scoring PG.

PG means Distribute the ball, not score at will.

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Dont get me wrong, your are correct when it comes to getting his team moving through passing, cutting, moving without the ball only to receive the ball to then pass to an open shooter or cutter

Parker was doing this during yalls Prime Times.....

But last year it seem that you guys didnt have anybody who could score the ball, and Parker had to simply Dominate...

This year is different, and he has to simply adjust to it... injuries dont help him either

If healthy, Parker is TOP 3 Point guards in the NBA, give him time to gell with his new teamates.... let him get back into game shape

JR3
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
lets see how this season ends... we already know we are a damn good team without parker.. if he gels with what we got going, then its all gravy and we have another player that can take over a game... if he screws up the chemistry, I would consider all options for him this summer.

Ocotillo
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I am open to trading Tony if the right deal is to be had.

I am not open to trading Parker simply because George Hill is playing well up until his sprain. Parker and Hill as a backcourt is strong.

The right deal would have to be a hell of a deal though.

z0sa
04-09-2010, 12:56 PM
The right deal would have to be a hell of a deal

spurs4real
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I am open to trading Tony if the right deal is to be had.

I am not open to trading Parker simply because George Hill is playing well up until his sprain. Parker and Hill as a backcourt is strong.

The right deal would have to be a hell of a deal though.

And Im sure we could get a Great Deal for Parker next year. Starting Hill over Parker in the playoffs would be a dream come true. Or atleast let Hill finish the games.

robot89
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
tp for the caveman

urunobili
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x229/animekitsune/inb4lock.jpg

ohmwrecker
04-09-2010, 01:22 PM
George Hill is not ready to take over this team! There. I said it.

johnnyblues
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/tackielarla/facepalm3.gif

TimmehC
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Ridiculous. Dude's been playing hurt all season, while trying to adapt to all kinds of personnel changes. If he takes the summer off and gets fully healthy, he'll be as good as ever, and he'll have a real chance to gell with this new lineup.

sonic21
04-09-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.gifflix.com/files/933cc5f311b4.gif

ohmwrecker
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/tackielarla/facepalm3.gif

Ah . . . yes, I see your point. Jean Luc Picard should coach the team next year . . . Genius!

Whisky Dog
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Too bad NO didn't give us Paul for him. Manu + Paul backcourt would be fun

mogrovejo
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I think the Spurs should consider it.

1. Manu playing PG full-time is a top-5 PG in the NBA.

2. Hill can develop into one of those elite role-players, like Varejão or Battier.

So:
3. Hill and Manu is a great combo.

4. Parker becomes a little redundant.

And:

5. Parker should have good trade value.

So for the first time in history:

6. From the Spurs perspective, Parker's value as a trade asset is probably bigger than his value as a contributor.

ohmwrecker
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Do you mean the Chris Paul that until recently has been injured all year?

Whisky Dog
04-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Do you mean the Chris Paul that until recently has been injured all year?

Until recently is the key. Having him playing like he is on the Spurs right now would make them true beasts.

Whisky Dog
04-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Plus, Parker's been gimpy all year too.

NFGIII
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Its time, last year i wrote about him not passing the ball, he does'nt make his team better, there's no ball movement amongst the team only isolated plays for him and if he cant do anything with the play he'll pass the ball to Duncan or Ginobili who are just caught standing still with no movement toward the basket.

Slow down and wait to see what happens in the POs. Even though you are correct about the ball movement it's Pop who wanted that style of play. He understand that Tp is a score first PG and encouraed TP to take it to the rim. That has lead to 3 rings.

Now more than ever, its evident, Hill is our Avery Johnson but more athletic, and gets his team moving through passing, cutting, moving without the ball only to receive the ball to then pass to an open shooter or cutter.

Hill, Duncan, Ginobili is our new big three.

Hill is a combo guard who is just as guilty of not passing the ball as is TP.
His apg is 2.90 and TP's is 6.50 this year - overall is 6.1. I don't have the stats for the 41 games he started so I would believe that 2.90 to be higher and be in range with TP.

Check of Timvp's thead below for a comparison of the two:

Heading into this season, many Spurs fans were talking about the reins being handed over from Tim Duncan to Tony Parker. However, after a slew of injuries combined with relatively poor play, a vocal minority of Spurs fans are talking quite differently: Are these Spurs better without Tony Parker?

The theory goes that since Parker is a scoring point guard, his skillset no longer meshes well with the more well-rounded roster, thus the Spurs are better with a more passive, defensive-minded player like George Hill running point guard and Manu Ginobili orchestrating the show.

I compared the numbers from the 26 games Parker has missed this season to the 50 games Parker has played in to see what the statistics have to say on this matter.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3931/tp1ys.jpg

I'm honestly surprised the numbers are so close. Subjectively, the Spurs play a different brand of basketball without Parker. But statistically speaking, there really isn't much of a difference. With Parker, the Spurs have outscored the opponents by 5.49 points per 100 possessions. Without Parker, that number drops to 5.31.

Looking at those numbers, it isn't fair to say Parker has hurt the Spurs this season. It is fair, however, to say that Parker hasn't been much more of an asset this season than what San Antonio is getting from George Hill.

If you compare the Parker's advanced stats to Hill's advanced stats, the case against Parker becomes even more difficult to make.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2905/tp2x.jpg

Overall, these number reinforce a few points. First of all, Hill should be commended for the job he has done filling in for Parker. He's had big shoes to fill and has done about as well as possible. The dropoff from Parker to Hill this season has been minimal. That said, if a constantly injured shell of what was supposed to be Tony Parker helped this team, I'm excited to see how much Parker can help once he's actually playing well.

So the difference isn't much and until we have a backup PG it would be best not to trade TP. Even though Temple has looked good lately there is a reason thathe has been on three teams this year. Prior to the GS game he wasn't very good. Maybe he has turned the corner but until we see more consistently out of him I'd rather not bank on him as the backup PG.

Trade Parker to a team in need of a PG who has a REAL CENTER too many to offer us. Trust that we can get another good player(s) or even a first round pick for Parker easy.

We dont need an Allen Iverson impersonator. we all know how that worked out, people get tired of a scoring PG.

PG means Distribute the ball, not score at will.

I really don't think any team in this league has a real center too many. Some teams don't have one, just look at the Spurs - they don't have one and haven't since '07 if you don't count TD as a 5.

IMHO I think the jury about Hill being our starting PG is still out. He seems to play better at the 2 rather than the 1.

dbestpro
04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
OK you are Toronto and Bosh wants to come back to Texas. The only way that happens is through a sign and trade. Dallas offers Terry, Houston talks about Ariza and Battier, while San Antonio throws out the names in any combination, Parker, Dice, Bonner (sign and trade/Toronto fan favorite) Splitter rights and Blair.

Just sayin.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/20801400

DesignatedT
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
this is just getting ridiculous

mfanatic
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
If we know for a fact Splitter is coming over, I have NP with trading parker and mason for bayless, batum and fernandez !

vander
04-09-2010, 03:17 PM
:lol

Spurs just signed Manu, they're not going to turn next year into a transitional year by trading TP. they just went all in with this group of guys.

but before yesterday I also wanted to trade him, better than letting him walk, and whoever gives him his next contract will be substantially overpaying.

DesignatedT
04-09-2010, 03:29 PM
If we know for a fact Splitter is coming over, I have NP with trading parker and mason for bayless, batum and fernandez !

those 3 players make like a total of 4 mil a year.

FkLA
04-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Andrew Bynum

do it RC

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-09-2010, 04:22 PM

:lol

stéphane
04-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Andrew Bynum

do it RC

Awesome :lol
The guys screen name is FkLA and the first player he wants by trading our all star PG is a Laker. Way to go clown.

vander
04-09-2010, 04:44 PM
The guys screen name is FkLA and the first player he wants by trading our all star PG is a Laker. Way to go clown.

the little flag gives you away

stéphane
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
the little flag gives you away

Hu? What ya mean?

siraulo23
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
seriously???

raspsa
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I think you keep him around until Timmy retires.

Josepatches_
04-09-2010, 05:49 PM
It could be the time to trade Parker.Of course no because he cant pass the ball,the team is better without him or bullshit like that.

But the big3 will not be enough to give us a new championship in the future. Duncan isn't going to be younger.

We resign Manu.Good move but a lot of money.We don't have cap space to improve this team.

The only way to fight for the tittle again could be a big trade.And Parker is the biggest value we have.

spursrocks
04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
i think it is a good idea to trade tony parker while he still has value, tim duncan is old, we need a young big athletic next to tim. tony parker lover fans should accept that the big 3 cant win championship any longer. duncan will get older, slower next year and gino as well, parker will be 28-29.
trade parker while we can for a big or young athletic wing. hill can take over and hill is younger. he will be 24 next year.
gino can play the point, then hill shooting guard. or vice versa. this team proved that they can win without tony parker. if we can get a big man next to tim for parker like bynum or bosh.
pg- hill
sg- gino
sf- dick
pf- duncan
c- andrew bynum
or
pg- hill
sg- gino
sf- dick
pf- chris bosh
c- duncan
i think with this line up. we will win more championship for timmy.

Waps1980
04-09-2010, 07:04 PM
i think it is a good idea to trade tony parker while he still has value, tim duncan is old, we need a young big athletic next to tim. tony parker lover fans should accept that the big 3 cant win championship any longer. duncan will get older, slower next year and gino as well, parker will be 28-29.
trade parker while we can for a big or young athletic wing. hill can take over and hill is younger. he will be 24 next year.
gino can play the point, then hill shooting guard. or vice versa. this team proved that they can win without tony parker. if we can get a big man next to tim for parker like bynum or bosh.
pg- hill
sg- gino
sf- dick
pf- duncan
c- andrew bynum
or
pg- hill
sg- gino
sf- dick
pf- chris bosh
c- duncan

Are you for real, trade TP to the Lakers for Bynum (don't get me wrong Bynum would be awesome for the Spurs) but TP to the Lakers would be very bad.
Where do the Lakers struggle PG and PG speed give them Tony and they'll have the best starting 5 in the comp.

PS you don't really need to post this in every thread.
And we have no hope of getting Bosh after signing Manu, unless we can move both TP and RJ, and RJ won't happen.

m33p0
04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3600/3348558835_ae8e3bfdce_o.gif
thank you for the opportunity.... haven't used this in a while

PublicOption
04-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I would trade parker only for a good shot blocking center and that is all.

tony is one dimensional and cannot shoot the three=liability.

spurs4real
04-09-2010, 08:09 PM
It could be the time to trade Parker.Of course no because he cant pass the ball,the team is better without him or bullshit like that.

But the big3 will not be enough to give us a new championship in the future. Duncan isn't going to be younger.

We resign Manu.Good move but a lot of money.We don't have cap space to improve this team.

The only way to fight for the tittle again could be a big trade.And Parker is the biggest value we have.

Now that's what I meant by this thread, trade Parker while he still got value and whoever said trade em for Bosh, Wow wouldn't that be awesome but I doubt we have any draft picks we could sweeten that deal with unless its Parker and the rights to Splitter for Bosh hmm?

IceColdBrewski
04-09-2010, 09:01 PM

In case you've forgot, Manu + Hill was getting it done when Tony was out. As a matter of fact, the Spurs played their best ball of the season during that stretch.

OrEmuN
04-09-2010, 09:57 PM
All I am saying is that if Bosh for Parker + Bonner + Anyone not named Duncan, Manu, Hill or Blair, I will say... DO IT...

alchemist
04-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm sure Holt is contemplating saving that 15 mill per Tony might want :lol

in2deep
04-09-2010, 10:00 PM
fuck parker. he fucked this team up. fucking ballhog

Spurminator
04-09-2010, 10:03 PM
In case you've forgot, Manu + Hill was getting it done when Tony was out. As a matter of fact, the Spurs played their best ball of the season during that stretch.

In case you forgot, 2001-2009 + Playoffs.

Seriously.

murpjf88
04-09-2010, 10:06 PM
All I am saying is that if Bosh for Parker + Bonner + Anyone not named Duncan, Manu, Hill or Blair, I will say... DO IT...

KEEP SAYING IT!!! Its not going to happen. Wake the F*** up. Nobody gives a flying shit what we have to offer. Bosh is a free agent this summer. Teams can afford to pay him much more than anything the Spurs can dish out. People better get it through their thick skulls that Parker is a Spur and thats the way its going to be.

tothrowed
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
hell yea parker we love what youve done for us but its over fuck u

poop
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I think the Spurs should consider it.

1. Manu playing PG full-time is a top-5 PG in the NBA.

2. Hill can develop into one of those elite role-players, like Varejão or Battier.

So:
3. Hill and Manu is a great combo.

4. Parker becomes a little redundant.

And:

5. Parker should have good trade value.

So for the first time in history:

6. From the Spurs perspective, Parker's value as a trade asset is probably bigger than his value as a contributor.

very true, ive been saying for a long time Manu should be the primary ballhandler, doing this full time he would be putting up 9+ assist per game

senorglory
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Starting Hill over Parker in the playoffs would be a dream come true. Or atleast let Hill finish the games.

idunno.

Hill has had a monstrously awesome season this year, showing huge upside and also vastly improved immediate play; but he's still a bit of an unknown quantity. Hill is playing his first significant minutes at the point guard spot this season, and has not played significant minutes in the playoffs at any position, nor has Hill filled the role of closer for the Spurs (I can't remember a single last second/ end of game shot Hill has taken for the Spurs).

Also, it seems that we should be able to agree that Parker has this going for him: an All-Star point guard; capable 25+ scorer against any team in the playoffs; clutch in the lane and accustomed to closing games for the Spurs.

Unless he's still injured, I just don't see Parker second in the rotation to Hill.

senorglory
04-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Andrew Bynum

do it RC

That would be awesome, then we'd have injured and unable to play/ barely able to play at spots 1, 2, 4, and 5! Jefferson would be the Spurs' star, as our only starter able to take the court. If only we could also keep our eye open for a 3 that rarely takes the court, too.

senorglory
04-09-2010, 10:44 PM
When Duncan retires, the Spurs will be built around Tony Parker.

easy7
04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Why do you want to trade Parker? It is too late to tank now...

ElNono
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Tony had a fine game. It's not his fault that Pop decided to go small and we were leaking like a sieve defensively. Too many dumb fouls and easy baskets in that 2nd quarter, and Tony had little to do with it.

Spurs Brazil
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Tony had a fine game. It's not his fault that Pop decided to go small and we were leaking like a sieve defensively. Too many dumb fouls and easy baskets in that 2nd quarter, and Tony had little to do with it.

Agree, small ball and Blair killed us in the 2nd and we never recovered

cheguevara
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Fuck Parker. why did he come back?????

Brazil
04-09-2010, 11:05 PM
lol 26 min 10 FGAs 50% 8 assits TP is a fucking ballhog ! :lol

tothrowed
04-09-2010, 11:06 PM
my first post on this site was about how parker messes up the chemistry and yall dumbass said i was stupid well yall see now......

Brazil
04-09-2010, 11:07 PM
my first post on this site was about how parker messes up the chemistry and yall dumbass said i was stupid well yall see now......

nothing has changed you're stupid

shingo_318
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
lol 26 min 10 FGAs 50% 8 assits TP is a fucking ballhog ! :lol

and freaking -17 +/-

Brazil
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
and freaking -17 +/-

so what ? my post was a response to ballhog shit, TP just took 10 shoots 3 less than bonner and added 8 assists. Whats your point with the +/- regarding ballhoging ?

are you a new <1000 posts member of TP haters church ? welcome :toast

shingo_318
04-09-2010, 11:37 PM
so what ? my post was a response to ballhog shit, TP just took 10 shoots 3 less than bonner and added 8 assists. Whats your point with the +/- regarding ballhoging ?

are you a new <1000 posts member of TP haters church ? welcome :toast
thank you you hospitable french, parker's guardian angel

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2010, 11:39 PM
It's pointless arguing with a French person about Parker the same way it's impossible to argue with an Argie about Manu.

G-Dawgg
04-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Lets break this down into an analogy.......
Who drives a Ferrarri on a offroad trail when they have a Jeep Rubicon sitting in their garage? Trade the Ferrari for a Hummer H2 and an Escalade and some dirt-bikes...

dbestpro
04-10-2010, 12:04 AM
For me the big liability on the Spurs right now is Blair. He is just too short and does not do a good enough job keeping his man off the block. His game has not really improved much from the beginning of the season and in fact it has gotten worse. In the end the prize catch of the second round plays too inconsistent to merit the role that he currently has with the Spurs.

Mikesatx
04-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Why are the posters on this site said to hate Tony Parker if they simply believe the team is better without him or can become better by trading him? The common defense for Tony is that he hs been part of the big three for three titles. As far as Tony is concerned I remember him being bailed out by Speedy Claxton in 2003. I remember .4 overshadowing Tony disappearing after gaining a 2-0 advantage in 2004. I remember Manu leading the Spurs back in game 7 of the 2005 finals when Tony finished with 8 points and 3 assists. He won the 2007 finals MVP in a series that was over before it started.

I don't hate Tony but I am a team first fan. I will always put my team ahead of any player. I've said it before, unless Tony becomes the player that can dominate the paint consistantly like he has in the past he is hurting the team.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 12:13 AM
What a unique thread topic.

:tu

mexicanjunior
04-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Good take...too bad everyone will crucify you for it. Tis a shame loyalty>reason overruns this board.

gilmor
04-10-2010, 12:21 AM
pg- hill
sg- gino
sf- dick
pf- duncan
c- andrew bynum
or
pg- hill
sg- gino
sf- dick
pf- chris bosh
c- duncan

I'd really hope Parker will be traded to Lakers.. where he will play tremendously with Byrant for 4-5 championships

Mikesatx
04-10-2010, 12:22 AM
What a unique thread topic.

:tu

Thank you. I think it is time we discuss Tony on this board. And thank you for your other 50k posts that I am sure were as inciteful as this one.

Cry Havoc
04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OtBEp3z_0Ww/SjpbxPNj3zI/AAAAAAAAAPU/aSuzqO97-MI/s400/stupid_idiots_big.jpg

Seriously, this thread is full of them.

Please learn at least a tiny bit of knowledge about basketball before you post a thread or in a thread like this.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I played organized basketball so I know everything there is to know about the game. If you haven't you fail at life and shouldn't be allowed to post.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank you. I think it is time we discuss Tony on this board.You haven't been paying attention.
And thank you for your other 50k posts that I am sure were as inciteful as this one.How would you know? You don't even know there are already Tony Parker discussions on this board.

Waps1980
04-10-2010, 01:10 AM
With Parker time has told Manu isn't what he can be.
Its like he holds back cos Tony needs to run things.

SoCalSpursFan
04-10-2010, 01:13 AM
can we have a 200 reply minimum before people are allowed to start threads? god i dont know how you can run this site and still have your sanity with all these n00bcakes posting the same dumb shit over and over.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2010, 01:15 AM
can we have a 200 reply minimum before people are allowed to start threads? god i dont know how you can run this site and still have your sanity with all these n00bcakes posting the same dumb shit over and over.

Just move past it and quit bitching.

spursrocks
04-10-2010, 01:18 AM
i think parker and bryant wont mesh. coz parker is a shoot first and bryant? needless to say always demands the ball. on the otherhand we will have bynum who will play alongside tim. do you really think it was parker who won us those championships? if you ask me the reason we became champions is the man named tim duncan.

spursrocks
04-10-2010, 01:28 AM
look, parker got injured we started winning games. the combo of hill+manu+rj really really killed cleveland, orlando, boston and lakers. but when georgie got injured we started losing games. because
we miss george's 3 point shooting ala bruce bowen corner 3
we miss george's defensive presence(he even got long arms)
parker on the otherhand is slower cause he is not healthy this year. face it parker lovers. not healthy means..
parker is slower, if he is slower he wont penetrate like he used to. thats his only asset
parker injured is right hand, his shot will be affected thats why this past few games he did well passing and creating for his teamates cause he knows he cant shoot the ball well
parker cant shoot 3 point shot. parker just plain sucks at the 3 point spot.
so i would rather start georgie and parker bench.
for now. george is the better option.
since signing manu for 3yrs i think its time to let parker go for a young big next to tim. tim is older the big 3 that we are used to who won us championship wont happen anymore. face it parker lovers. the big 3 aint getting younger.
so trade parker while he still has value.

gilmor
04-10-2010, 01:29 AM
i think parker and bryant wont mesh. coz parker is a shoot first and bryant? needless to say always demands the ball. on the otherhand we will have bynum who will play alongside tim. do you really think it was parker who won us those championships? if you ask me the reason we became champions is the man named tim duncan.

You want to bet?

I bet you bynum won't even last one full season..

Do you think Lakers need Parker to win championship? Do you think Byrant is not > Duncan?

Don't speak with your fucking head in your ass

spursrocks
04-10-2010, 01:35 AM
well if bynum is not the answer then we can still explore other options. parker has value, lakers isnt the only team out there. btw, dont curse we are all entitled to our opinion. remember this is a forum right? we have our opinions, there are parker lovers there are parker haters, there are those who wants parker to remain a spur there are those thinks really plain sucks.
we are all fans right? our opinion wont matter for the FO. they dont care what we think. the FO is still the gods behind the spurs rosters. its up to them to do whats best for the team

FkLA
04-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Im a Spurs fan before I am a Laker hater and Andrew Bynum is exactly what the Spurs need. Are you sure youre a Spurs fan before you are French when it comes to this particular situation?

Are you for real, trade TP to the Lakers for Bynum (don't get me wrong Bynum would be awesome for the Spurs) but TP to the Lakers would be very bad.
Where do the Lakers struggle PG and PG speed give them Tony and they'll have the best starting 5 in the comp.

Talent does not equal championships, and even than its hard to predict how Parker would fit their offense with his lack of outside shooting and Kobe dominating the ball so much. Plus Bynum would be missed, he's underrated...not to mention the fact that inserting Odom into the starting line-up would make their already pathetic bench that much weaker.

That would be awesome, then we'd have injured and unable to play/ barely able to play at spots 1, 2, 4, and 5! Jefferson would be the Spurs' star, as our only starter able to take the court. If only we could also keep our eye open for a 3 that rarely takes the court, too.

Because Parker is always playing 82 games a season right? Besides this thing with Bynum is overblown, the guy had two seperate significant injuries that were non-related and now because of that after every minor injury people make a big deal out of it. This notion that he's made of glass is overrated, similar to Manu who up until last season had played 70+ games per season and hadnt missed a single playoff game.

G-Dawgg
04-10-2010, 01:53 AM
With Parker time has told Manu isn't what he can be.
Its like he holds back cos Tony needs to run things.

manu, and jefferson and blair and..........

jag
04-10-2010, 02:04 AM
I hate new spurs "fans" more than i hate Lakers "fans."

jimo2305
04-10-2010, 02:10 AM
facto the matter is.. if we're gonna trade parker.. nows the time..

i mean.. honestly i didn't watch the game so i can't speak much on the issue but.. hill's coming of his own.. pop's system isn't a cakewalk.. so u can't just bring in any pg into our system.. i don't care even if it's chris paul..

but the only thing that irks me about parker is his shooting and the whole french national team thing..

sucks what playing basketball 365 days a year can do to you huh..

FkLA
04-10-2010, 02:14 AM
I hate Parker fanboys that are blinded by loyalty. I hate it even more that instead of actually analyzing the situation at hand they resort to calling people that are in favor of shipping Parker "idiots" or "sorry fans".

Cry Havoc
04-10-2010, 02:54 AM
I hate Parker fanboys that are blinded by loyalty. I hate it even more that instead of actually analyzing the situation at hand they resort to calling people that are in favor of shipping Parker "idiots" or "sorry fans".

I hate the moronic, asinine Parker haters who conveniently ignore every stat or legitimate point made in the discussion to talk about how "THEY KNOW" that Parker is the cancer that's killing this team, not the fact that Duncan has been struggling in the 2nd half, or that Manu wasn't even our 3rd best player for most of the season. I hate that they (you) think they can list a single stat or clumsily recite a tired mechanic OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, and because their idiotic ass said it 15,000 times and got it backed by 27 other 14 year old morons who have never played basketball past junior high that they think, somehow, that their Manu Ginobili avataring, French hating, "pure" point guard touting, George Hill fellatio-ing, Forrest Gump rivaling basketball I.Q. is somewhat valuable or verified. It isn't. You're still a moron.

Shut.

THE FUCK.

UP.

WE GET IT. You think Parker sucks. You state nothing new with each successive post except to talk about how Manu is better than God. Shut. Up.

Mal
04-10-2010, 02:57 AM
WTF is with this guy ? How such guy could make a bad influence.

Same with Paul. Hornets were playin better without him. Weird, but true.

senorglory
04-10-2010, 03:14 AM
If you do not like Parker, you are not a Spurs fan. You are perhaps a Lakers fan. Try the Lakers forum, quit yelling at us.

Shaolin-Style
04-10-2010, 03:33 AM
I like parker, but I think he needs to make some adjustments to help keep us at the high level of play we've had recently in his absence and Pop is the one who has to recognize how to get him gelling with the team.

No use in trading him unless it's a really good deal, cause he's a really good player.

spursrocks
04-10-2010, 04:30 AM
i like parker but i like george hill better. i want george to start and tony leading the 2nd unit. im also open to trading for parker for a younger big next to tim. does that make me a parker hater and fake spurs fan?
well anyway, just let the FO decide this offseason if trading parker would be good for the organization.
if the FO decides to trade parker, maybe RC and POP are parker haters.(just kidding)
some of us here are spurs fans since drafting david robinson, we are not new spurs fans, we are old spurs fans but.. new spurstalk users.
we are all entitled to our opinion, no hating towards fellow spurs fans. its just a matter of what we believe is best for our team, some believe parker is a factor for championship then so be it. some dont.
its still the FO decision what to do in the offseason. maybe or maybe suddenly the FO just got lebron for us.(ok thats way out of line)
peace bros :toast

spursrocks
04-10-2010, 04:42 AM
its just some of us believe that george is ready to take charge next season even without parker, that was proven when parker got injured when we won games with hill and gino at the backcourt.(beating cleveland, boston, orlando and lakers)
so trading parker for a young good athletic big would be a good upgrade for spurs organization.
some believe that a healthy parker, ginobli and duncan can still win us championship next year or the next. but in my opinion, it will be harder every year coz.
1st. duncan is aging(thats why trading parker for a great big would be great)
2nd gino is also aging
3rd tony parker is still young but he is going 28-29, and joining international games could wore him out
4th the west is getting stronger and younger! its not adviceable for us to stick with our aging line up
if trading for a new all star player, now is the time or else we will be stuck with our old big 3, dick(bust trade), dice(old guy), bonner(his not horry). fortunately we have 2 young future spurs stars hill and blair.
but hill and blair is not enough.

gilmor
04-10-2010, 04:48 AM
its just some of us believe that george is ready to take charge next season even without parker, that was proven when parker got injured when we won games with hill and gino at the backcourt.(beating cleveland, boston, orlando and lakers)
so trading parker for a young good athletic big would be a good upgrade for spurs organization.
some believe that a healthy parker, ginobli and duncan can still win us championship next year or the next. but in my opinion, it will be harder every year coz.
1st. duncan is aging(thats why trading parker for a great big would be great)
2nd gino is also aging
3rd tony parker is still young but he is going 28-29, and joining international games could wore him out
4th the west is getting stronger and younger! its not adviceable for us to stick with our aging line up
if trading for a new all star player, now is the time or else we will be stuck with our old big 3, dick(bust trade), dice(old guy), bonner(his not horry). fortunately we have 2 young future spurs stars hill and blair.
but hill and blair is not enough.

That's the reason why your reasoning of trading parker will win us championship makes no sense.

All 3 of them have been burnt out some how after all these years and 3 championships. Trading any one of them to the competition will not make Spurs an instant champion with the remaining two aging all-stars.

Spurs is due for a make-over. All 3 or any 2 of them will need to go to make ways for new blood. Trading any 1 of the 3 will not make matters that much better. Accept it and no.. Spurs will not win any championship this year.

WalterBenitez
04-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Dont get me wrong, your are correct when it comes to getting his team moving through passing, cutting, moving without the ball only to receive the ball to then pass to an open shooter or cutter

Parker was doing this during yalls Prime Times.....

But last year it seem that you guys didnt have anybody who could score the ball, and Parker had to simply Dominate...

This year is different, and he has to simply adjust to it... injuries dont help him either

If healthy, Parker is TOP 3 Point guards in the NBA, give him time to gell with his new teamates.... let him get back into game shape

I do agree, adjustment is the key, for the record I'd like to see Hill running the team more minutes.

I can't see SPurs trading TP unless for a superstar caliber boy.

WalterBenitez
04-10-2010, 06:12 AM

Newcomers, yeap, but man Lakers fans, Mavs fans are in another category :toast

temujin
04-10-2010, 07:33 AM
PArker has a lot o NBA mileage and obviously lost most of his speed.
And when these type of players slow down, they are essentially done.

His shooting range is still limited.
He has been a HUGE liability on defense all season long.

I am not suprised that the best Spurs basketball came when he was out.

-17 last night.

It does actually make a lot of sense trading Parker in the ofseason.

oski1000
04-10-2010, 07:33 AM
TRADE PARKER!!! BRING A CENTER...HILL-MANU are the best team for us.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Brazil
04-10-2010, 09:11 AM
thank you you hospitable french, parker's guardian angel

you're welcome shingo ! always a pleasure: the board needs your clever posts.

for the record I'm not a parker's guardian angel, I have no problem to see him off the bench and I have no problem if the spurs think it's better trading him same for Manu btw. Nevertheless I do think since he is playing for the spurs since 19 years old with 3 rings, he earned the right to be treated fairly which it is obviously not the case.

Lady M
04-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm a TP fan and I want the spurs trade TP
and see all the haters cry because they miss TP

peskypesky
04-10-2010, 10:01 AM
i respect Tony's skills. he's awesome. but please trade him for a good center, Spurs!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2010, 11:17 AM
That's the reason why your reasoning of trading parker will win us championship makes no sense.

All 3 of them have been burnt out some how after all these years and 3 championships. Trading any one of them to the competition will not make Spurs an instant champion with the remaining two aging all-stars.

Spurs is due for a make-over. All 3 or any 2 of them will need to go to make ways for new blood. Trading any 1 of the 3 will not make matters that much better. Accept it and no.. Spurs will not win any championship this year.

The issue is Tony continues to play for France every summer, with injuries hitting him the following NBA season (or sometimes during the summer, and carrying over to the NBA season).

If he's not going to commit to the organization paying him $15 million a year, it shouldn't commit to him.

SpuronyourFace
04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Trading TP just a stupid idea.

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM

How can you tell on a forum? Are all long-standing Spurs fans die hard Tony fans? This is the type of arrogance that drives Parker-haters into a frenzy...if you hate the effect, get off the pedestal :toast

Just like there are long-standing Cowboys fans that think Romo needs to be sacked, just like there are long-standing Eagles fans that thought McNabb should have been cut a long time ago, it happens.

Get used to the idea that other Spurs fans may disagree with you without acting on your compelling need to try and discredit them or undermine their credibility with ignorant assumptions.

Fpoonsie
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM

I'm almost POSITIVE our take on your intelligence had nothing to do w/ YOUR take on Parker.

poop
04-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I hate the moronic, asinine Parker haters who conveniently ignore every stat or legitimate point made in the discussion to talk about how "THEY KNOW" that Parker is the cancer that's killing this team, not the fact that Duncan has been struggling in the 2nd half, or that Manu wasn't even our 3rd best player for most of the season. I hate that they (you) think they can list a single stat or clumsily recite a tired mechanic OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, and because their idiotic ass said it 15,000 times and got it backed by 27 other 14 year old morons who have never played basketball past junior high that they think, somehow, that their Manu Ginobili avataring, French hating, "pure" point guard touting, George Hill fellatio-ing, Forrest Gump rivaling basketball I.Q. is somewhat valuable or verified. It isn't. You're still a moron.

Shut.

THE FUCK.

UP.

WE GET IT. You think Parker sucks. You state nothing new with each successive post except to talk about how Manu is better than God. Shut. Up.

epic meltdown haha.

Cry Havoc
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
epic meltdown haha.

Moron says what? Do you plan on making a single decent contribution to SpurTalk, or to continue with your worthless posts?

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Moron says what? Do you plan on making a single decent contribution to SpurTalk, or to continue with your worthless posts?

Man, if you are so tired of the Parker hate, how long till you give up and quit reading threads like this one?

Cry Havoc
04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Man, if you are so tired of the Parker hate, how long till you give up and quit reading threads like this one?

As long as there are idiots (and you are one of the precious few exceptions to the fact, because you're at least giving some thought to it) posting stupid drivel on the board, I'm going to rip them for it.

I've been here for over three years now. I'm not about to let the Spurs board be filled with buffoons spewing their nothing-tripe without at least sounding off on them for having zero knowledge of basketball. C'est la vie.

spurs4real
04-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Thats what Im talking about, some get it some dont. He helped us get 3 rings because he wasnt the main factor in the system, now that he wants to be the main factor we as a team are not good for the last 3 years.

Pass first PG = Hill

Shoot first PG = Parker

see the difference people

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
i feel you. I actually feel responsible for taking the lid off, I think Timvp and Kori tried to avoid this very thing, and I feel like I forced them to open the door, and now its like flood gates. I feel kinda bad to tell you the truth. I actually just wanted to express my opinion (and I never advocated trading Parker), but now I feel like I should have kept my mouth shut.

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Then again, you could also say that if these views weren't kept under wraps by Timvp/Kori for so long, they might not be blowing up right now.

spurs4real
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Why are the posters on this site said to hate Tony Parker if they simply believe the team is better without him or can become better by trading him? The common defense for Tony is that he hs been part of the big three for three titles. As far as Tony is concerned I remember him being bailed out by Speedy Claxton in 2003. I remember .4 overshadowing Tony disappearing after gaining a 2-0 advantage in 2004. I remember Manu leading the Spurs back in game 7 of the 2005 finals when Tony finished with 8 points and 3 assists. He won the 2007 finals MVP in a series that was over before it started.

I don't hate Tony but I am a team first fan. I will always put my team ahead of any player. I've said it before, unless Tony becomes the player that can dominate the paint consistantly like he has in the past he is hurting the team.

Very well put.

spurs4real
04-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Sorry about that, getting close to 200 just for you.

duhoh
04-10-2010, 01:11 PM

but then the people who point fingers at all of the flopping would NEVER get a break :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I've only seen a few good arguments against TP..

I'm not against trading him if the right deal comes along, which is how I feel about any player on the roster other than Duncan..the best argument I've seen about trading TP have come from respected posters like Mel and Mogrovejo, it makes sense..most of the others that have suggested trading him are bringing up ridiculous trade proposals that don't make any sense for the other team involved, or involve the Spurs getting inferior players that wouldn't make a difference for this team..

The only good argument I've seen against TP from an impact standpoint is that his touches currently take away touches from Manu, which could hurt with the way Manu has played during his hot stretch..that's really the only good argument, everything else isn't backed up by anything at all..

I could take the TP haters more seriously if they actually backed up their points with facts and good analysis, but 99% of them don't..the 1% is generous btw..

timaios
04-10-2010, 01:13 PM
thats what im talking about, some get it some dont. He helped us get 3 rings because he wasnt the main factor in the system, now that he wants to be the main factor we as a team are not good for the last 3 years.

pass first pg = hill

shoot first pg = parker

lol

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I've only seen a few good arguments against TP..

I'm not against trading him if the right deal comes along, which is how I feel about any player on the roster other than Duncan..the best argument I've seen about trading TP have come from respected posters like Mel and Mogrovejo, it makes sense..most of the others that have suggested trading him are bringing up ridiculous trade proposals that don't make any sense for the other team involved, or involve the Spurs getting inferior players that wouldn't make a difference for this team..

The only good argument I've seen against TP from an impact standpoint is that his touches currently take away touches from Manu, which could hurt with the way Manu has played during his hot stretch..that's really the only good argument, everything else isn't backed up by anything at all..

I could take the TP haters more seriously if they actually backed up their points with facts and good analysis, but 99% of them don't..the 1% is generous btw..

I still say reign tony in, make him a SG, Pop needs to force ball movement and insist that any offense come within the flow of the game. And if tony is having a hot night, let him go.

Also, I think overuse of Tony detracts from his effort on the D end, especially late in games. Last year proved that overuse of Tony detracts from his everything late in games...which is why I think our gameplan needs to reduce those instances and take advantage of other guys.

Cry Havoc
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
i feel you. I actually feel responsible for taking the lid off, I think Timvp and Kori tried to avoid this very thing, and I feel like I forced them to open the door, and now its like flood gates. I feel kinda bad to tell you the truth. I actually just wanted to express my opinion (and I never advocated trading Parker), but now I feel like I should have kept my mouth shut.

Meh, don't get ahead of yourself. There have been Parker haters on this site for as long as... well, as long as we've had Manu on this team. It seemed to become more widespread shortly after I joined this site, maybe circa 2008 or slightly before.

Cry Havoc
04-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Thats what Im talking about, some get it some dont. He helped us get 3 rings because he wasnt the main factor in the system, now that he wants to be the main factor we as a team are not good for the last 3 years.

Pass first PG = Hill

Shoot first PG = Parker

ZOMG UR THE FIRST NOOB WHOS EVER SAID THAT! U WIN the PRIZE!

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Meh, don't get ahead of yourself. There have been Parker haters on this site for as long as... well, as long as we've had Manu on this team. It seemed to become more widespread shortly after I joined this site, maybe circa 2008 or slightly before.

Yeah my ignorance to this fact led to me getting lumped in with TP haters and crushed sometime in 08 i think. :lol

I was advocating for tony to get Mason more touches when he first arrived, because I saw him as the new captain jack (at least behind the arc). It didnt go over well.

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 01:25 PM
:loli understand now...

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2010, 01:32 PM
George Hill is a pass first PG?..really?..

timaios
04-10-2010, 01:47 PM
very true, ive been saying for a long time Manu should be the primary ballhandler, doing this full time he would be putting up 9+ assist per game

So why had Manu only 84 assists in the last 15 games without Parker.
He had an average of 5.6 assists per game.
This year Parker is at 5.7 ast/game, last year a healthy Parker was at 6.9 ast/game with a bad team. I think he was the 8th best passer in the league.

In fact Manu & Tony are using the ball the same way.

I think Manu is the best player of the two and he is one of my favorite player of all time, but saying that Manu is a phenomenal playmaker while Tony is a ballhog, is ridiculous... They have basically the same stats.

spurs4real
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM

Yeah dont you see the ball movement compared to TP?

MateoNeygro
04-10-2010, 02:23 PM

You still are stupid like Brazil said. The hasn't been healthy all year. Jesus give him a break, he's a great player just like Manu and Tim I'd hate to see any of them go. I'D LOVE TO HEAR POP, MANU, TIM or ANYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM HEAR SOME OF YA'LL FUCKIN RETARDED IDEAS AND THEORIES. THERE IS A REASON YA'LL ARE SITTING ON A COMPUTER TALKING SHIT AND THEY ARE PAID MILLIONS BECAUSE SOME OF YA'LL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. LIKE I SAID ANY SPURS PLAYER OR COACH WOULD TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY OR STUPID IF YOU WANT TO TRADE TONY PARKER. Good lord enough with this shit.

crc21209
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah dont you see the ball movement compared to TP?

And didnt you watch TP during last night's game? He was getting into the paint at will and dishing it off to open teammates like Bonner for the open 3. People who want to trade TP are fucking nuts because most likely the Spurs wouldnt end up with someone of equal value anyway...

MateoNeygro
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I still say reign tony in, make him a SG, Pop needs to force ball movement and insist that any offense come within the flow of the game. And if tony is having a hot night, let him go.

Also, I think overuse of Tony detracts from his effort on the D end, especially late in games. Last year proved that overuse of Tony detracts from his everything late in games...which is why I think our gameplan needs to reduce those instances and take advantage of other guys.

I really agree with that, good take. He does get out of control on offense sometimes but when he's got it going, nobody can stop him but a little more called plays and such would really help. I just can't see the Spurs getting equal value in a trade. If the right trade were there then I'd be okay but some of the shit people suggest is rediculous. Anyway good point.

mogrovejo
04-10-2010, 02:46 PM

No. He's a Mo Williams type of PG (although I like Hill way more than Williams). You need to have a good playmaking wing to pair with him, otherwise, if he's your quarterback on the court your team is very probably going to be horrible.

Brazil
04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Pass first PG = Hill

Shoot first PG = Parker

:lmaoOMG we reached a new lowest level.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2010, 03:53 PM
That's always the part that puzzles me..

The people here that hate Parker always criticize him for not being a good enough passer, but then they praise Hill for the way he plays offense..Hill makes Tony look like John Stockton as a passer..

I understand liking Hill's superior shooting and occasional defense, but it's always funny when they bring up his passing and ball movement, as if he's a good passer(he might not even be above average IMO)..

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Then again, you could also say that if these views weren't kept under wraps by Timvp/Kori for so long, they might not be blowing up right now.:lmao

You think you are the first poster who ever floated the idea of trading Tony?

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

FkLA
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Shut.

THE FUCK.

UP.

lolol point proven yet again, instead of actually arguing the points made let me just resort to calling "TP haters" idiots with no basketball knowledge!!!

Take your Parker fanboy sunglasses off for a minute...noone is saying Hill > Parker or that Parker hasnt been a big part of this teams great run throughout almost the entire decade, or even that his contributions this year arent welcome. Simply that TD needs help in the frontcourt, and that Hill's emergence (something that you fanboys still downplay out of loyalty to TP btw) has afforded this team the luxury of making TP expendable. Take Tony's balls out of your face and maybe you wouldnt assume retarded shit and make yourself look like a moron.

That's always the part that puzzles me..

The people here that hate Parker always criticize him for not being a good enough passer, but then they praise Hill for the way he plays offense..Hill makes Tony look like John Stockton as a passer..

I understand liking Hill's superior shooting and occasional defense, but it's always funny when they bring up his passing and ball movement, as if he's a good passer(he might not even be above average IMO)..

He isnt a better playmaker, but I think what people are mostly referring to is that the ball doesnt stagnate when it goes to him...he wont dribble the ball out for long periods of time anywhere near as often as TP does. Basically ball movement is pretty constant.

Mikesatx
04-10-2010, 04:47 PM
And didnt you watch TP during last night's game? He was getting into the paint at will and dishing it off to open teammates like Bonner for the open 3. People who want to trade TP are fucking nuts because most likely the Spurs wouldnt end up with someone of equal value anyway...

It isn't about getting equal value. It is about improving the team. When we traded Antonio Daniels for Steve Kerr I think most would agree Daniels was the better player. He certainly was more athletic and younger but the trade improved the team.

This has never been about making Parker the scapegoat or even suggesting he is not a good borderline great player. Having limited resources as every team does can the Spurs take his 12 mil salary and parlay that into players that make the Spurs a stronger team. Many on this board including me say yes.

tothrowed
04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
yall dumb hill plays d parker lets people get rite by him, and its been that way his whole carer, hill > parker

MateoNeygro
04-10-2010, 05:31 PM
yall dumb hill plays d parker lets people get rite by him, and its been that way his whole carer, hill > parker

you are stupid if you really think hill is better than parker. I love hill and i love manu. I'm no fanboy of either but that's fucking stupid.

tothrowed
04-10-2010, 05:41 PM
you are stupid if you really think hill is better than parker. I love hill and i love manu. I'm no fanboy of either but that's fucking stupid.
im talkin about as of rite now hill is better than parker, parker can get to the basket and score but thats all he can do he cant play d at all

MateoNeygro
04-10-2010, 08:36 PM
im talkin about as of rite now hill is better than parker, parker can get to the basket and score but thats all he can do he cant play d at all

Don't get me wrong I like Hill as much as the next guy. I agree Hill plays better D. However he's not nearly as good at scoring as Parker.

MateoNeygro
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
What makes people say he "cant" play d? He's average if not a little better on d. He doesn't regularly get scorched by opposing PG's but he does scorch opposing defenders.

spurs4real
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Ok some perople just dont get what a pass means.

Passing the ball doesnt mean an assist all the time. Passing means dare I say "ball movement" loook at the irst quarter of this denver game and what do we see? TP getting his and not moving the ball around. All forced shots by him.

Wake up people, its a buisness and not a loyalty game. Ball moves and flows better with Hill and in Manu's hands.

And for those who say Im just a noob, sure youre right I dont have many posts here but I know a whole lot more that u think i do.

spurs4real
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Also to add, Pay attention, please try, when Pakers running the team how the ball stays with him and everyone is left standing, and watch how when Manu runs the team, or dare I say Temple runs the team, how the ball move all over the place till we get a good pecentage shot.

dbestpro
04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
What makes people say he "cant" play d? He's average if not a little better on d. He doesn't regularly get scorched by opposing PG's.

Huh? We are talking about the guard that has Parker printed on his back. It is easly to know it is him because you can see his name each time a guard drives past him.

Nathan Explosion
04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Also to add, Pay attention, please try, when Pakers running the team how the ball stays with him and everyone is left standing, and watch how when Manu runs the team, or dare I say Temple runs the team, how the ball move all over the place till we get a good pecentage shot.

Every time I've seen Parker in the game, it looks like he's looking to pass the ball more than shoot. In the Grizz game he had some beautiful assists to Blair and Bonner where he got in the lane, drew 3 defenders to the paint and made a great pass.

Parker2112
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
:lmao

You think you are the first poster who ever floated the idea of trading Tony?

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Reading comp fail. Please try again.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Reading comp fail. Please try again.You think you are the first poster ever to be critical of Tony and how he is used on the team to the point where you are open to trading him?

The emoticons still stand.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Maybe you think you are the first to complain about Kori and LJ.

Or the first to try high post count smack.

jesterbobman
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't get the massive backlash against TP(I know that's just the way it is). Typically (though not as much this year) he's a hyper efficient scorer. 50% Shooting is about all you can expect, and his aggresiveness open up passing lanes for the drive and dish game. Sure, he's not perfect in this regard, but alot of PG's aren't. While he's not pass first, He's not an innefficient gunner in the Iverson type. Would I trade Parker for Paul or Williams, guys who can do both those things? Sure, but probably not anyone else, considering Parkers pedigree, and efficiency when fully healthy(look at PER for the last few seasons)

Waps1980
04-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Every time I've seen Parker in the game, it looks like he's looking to pass the ball more than shoot. In the Grizz game he had some beautiful assists to Blair and Bonner where he got in the lane, drew 3 defenders to the paint and made a great pass.
I agree but is that because his shooting touch isn't there yet or because he's trying to adjust to a new plying style to help the team?

santymrc
04-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I love TP, and I dont think we should be searching for a trade. Pop needs to make him play D and that's it, the rest of his game looks ok -he's slower than ever, but I believe he's gonna get back his full speed next year-.
Regardless, I want TP to play D. He's not doing anything at D. I mean, nothing, he brings only problems at the D and that's what's hurting the team. Nash ate him for breakfast, Mem too. Teams feast on his lowsy D, they have done that the entire year, and now that he's back, it's happening again.
TP needs to play D, period. He never excelled at D, but man, he played great D for the past 5 years, he can be better at it.

I said D so many times that now its stucked at the bottom of the keyboard
lol
haha.

ducks
04-10-2010, 11:00 PM
The issue is Tony continues to play for France every summer, with injuries hitting him the following NBA season (or sometimes during the summer, and carrying over to the NBA season).

If he's not going to commit to the organization paying him $15 million a year, it shouldn't commit to him.

lets see what manu does

santymrc
04-10-2010, 11:02 PM
lets see what manu does

He already stated he wont play for Argentina at World Cup.

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I would say if we don't win championship this year we should trade him. I know that there is a very low chance of us winning it all but Parker may be our last chance to get some young talent to rebuild, George Hill looks like he can possibly be great in a couple years to be as good as Parker was when he made all star team a couple years back.

Trading Parker for a solid guard and a couple draft picks would be smart in my book.

tothrowed
04-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I would say if we don't win championship this year we should trade him. I know that there is a very low chance of us winning it all but Parker may be our last chance to get some young talent to rebuild, George Hill looks like he can possibly be great in a couple years to be as good as Parker was when he made all star team a couple years back.

Trading Parker for a solid guard and a couple draft picks would be smart in my book.
:tu finally someone said the rite thing

duhoh
04-11-2010, 12:17 AM
lots of intelligence in this thread.

who is the solution then? who is a "solid guard" that we can get for parker? offer a solution before you sprout off criticism, as any idiot can do that. think you're a GM? don't make me uncontrollably giggle.

the reality?

SA is keeping Parker. Hill is not a replacement.

SuperManu!!!
04-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Trade TP for a big man like Brook Lopez. We need a true center to make the transition like duncan-robinson. Ghill can be the starting PG and temple as backup. We don't need chubby PG with no defense. I don't care what numbers say, you can see it that the offense with Parker is slowwwwww

spurs4real
04-11-2010, 01:16 AM

Exactly what Ive been saying except we need a true center.

spurs4real
04-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Trade TP for a big man like Brook Lopez. We need a true center to make the transition like duncan-robinson. Ghill can be the starting PG and temple as backup. We don't need chubby PG with no defense. I don't care what numbers say, you can see it that the offense with Parker is slowwwwww

yes it is slow.

All those that have said we are Parker haters you have it all wrong, well I speak for myself atleast. I dont hate Parker, I just love the ole Parker who passed first and shot second, if he had a shot. Love the ole Parker as opposed to the all-star Parker. hmm? weird I knkow.

duhoh
04-11-2010, 10:37 AM

when you mentioned temple, your cred dropped. :bang

it's all good when parker has it going, as he and duncan are vicious when they click and make plays together.

Cry Havoc
04-11-2010, 10:49 AM
The avalanche of stupid continues in this thread at breakneck speed.

To those posting against Parker: You DO realize that just making a token statement does not give it a basis in reality, correct? So saying, "Our offense is slow when Tony is on the court" is absolutely ridiculous unless you can back it up with MANY EXAMPLES or statistics to support your cause.

Otherwise, I can come back with a similar token statement, like, "When Hill is running point for us, 2 of our players are constantly masturbating on the court. Therefore, our offense is better when Parker is on the floor." And since there is nothing in the statement that's assailable, you cannot call me out for it.

See how that works? Do you understand the concept of supporting evidence, or is this thread going to go another 6 pages with you guys rehashing the same tired, faulty rhetoric?

gilmor
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Man you guys are so fucking blind it is unbelievable.

Hill is not a proven commodity in play-offs basketball that's where the game matters.

spurs4real
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
when you mentioned temple, your cred dropped. :bang

it's all good when parker has it going, as he and duncan are vicious when they click and make plays together.

I didnt mean Temple is a better PG than Parker, what I meant since I have to explain it to you in basic terms is that theres more ball movement, we stale when Parkers at point, we dont stale with Hill or Manu at point.

By the way people, take off them blinders before we lose Parker for nothing. See what we see, the future, not the past. Let go of the past, he did good for us, but its time to cut ties.

Muser
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
If he's gonna play in the summer and then come back next year all banged up then you trade his ass.

jalberto
04-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Give Tony time to get into the rhythm of the team. And If you think he doesn't pass the ball..... it is a Popopvich responsability.

jimo2305
04-11-2010, 12:36 PM
people saying trade parker aren't saying this because they think hill is better than parker or parker sucks or whatever..

we all know parker is better.. he's an allstar pg.. hill is a newbie..

and the quips about how hill isn't a playoff pg.. stop.. everyone knows hill has gotten progressively better.. isn't this just his 3rd year?

the whole point is.. parker playing ball 365 days a year coupled with the injuries is enough to cause the spurs worry that can be avoided.. see this season for example..

we pay parker way more than hill.. and so far.. even y'all gotta admit hill has shown he can handle pg responsibilities.. wasn't he the pg when we beat bos la cle and whoemever else?..

hill is not parker.. we know.. but trading parker isn't voiding our pg 1-2 punch.. but trading parker can give us great value in some other position that the spurs could use..

i know we all wanna win championships.. but sometimes u gotta sacrifice.. id rather sacrifice the stubborn player that wants to play ball during the offseason despite our concerns to stay rested because we've spent a crapload on stacking the team because we want to win a championship before TD expires...

i mean.. think.. imagine what one could get for parker..

you may flame me now..

spurs4real
04-11-2010, 01:03 PM
people saying trade parker aren't saying this because they think hill is better than parker or parker sucks or whatever..

and the quips about how hill isn't a playoff pg.. stop.. everyone knows hill has gotten progressively better.. isn't this just his 3rd year?

the whole point is.. parker playing ball 365 days a year coupled with the injuries is enough to cause the spurs worry that can be avoided.. see this season for example..

we pay parker way more than hill.. and so far.. even y'all gotta admit hill has shown he can handle pg responsibilities.. wasn't he the pg when we beat bos la cle and whoemever else?..

hill is not parker.. we know.. but trading parker isn't voiding our pg 1-2 punch.. but trading parker can give us great value in some other position that the spurs could use..

i know we all wanna win championships.. but sometimes u gotta sacrifice.. id rather sacrifice the stubborn player that wants to play ball during the offseason despite our concerns to stay rested because we've spent a crapload on stacking the team because we want to win a championship before TD expires...

you may flame me now..

I couldnt have said it better. Great post.

kace
04-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Fuck Parker. why did he come back?????
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im talkin about as of rite now hill is better than parker
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

isn't this just his 3rd year?

no, his second.

ok, i'll stop there

spurs4real
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no, his second.

ok, i'll stop there

haha that was funny :blah but you failed to mention your take on it.

RiverwalkParade
04-12-2010, 12:52 PM

you may flame me now..

How is Parker with the other guys on the team? He seems like an elitist, not someone who wants to hang out with the other guys. I just get the feeling that he is getting a little too "hollywood" for this team and could create some chemistry issues.

Hill seesm to have team support, they want to see him succeed and if trading Parker means getting a couple of good pieces that can give the appropriate contributions, then I'm on board.

I don't need a star in return, role players and draft picks are fine with me.
The way it is now the Big 3 could be Manu, RJ and Duncan with the way they have been playing. Take Parker out of the mix, and add in an athletic big man who can rebound and block shots, a stretch 4 and a deadly corner 3-point shooter and this team can thrive without Parker

Sisk
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Parker's passing ability >>>>>>>> Hill's passing ability

Anyone who says otherwise is blind

jjktkk
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I rather have Parker on the Spurs. Maybe if Hill continues his solid play into the playoffs, then, if the Spurs can get an equal, or better value in return, would I consider trading Parker.

oski1000
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Parker's passing ability >>>>>>>> Hill's passing ability

Anyone who says otherwise is blind

.....when ballhog Parker decides to pass the ball!!!

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Waps1980
04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
.....when ballhog Parker decides to pass the ball!!!

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang
Thats for sure

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 07:04 PM
parker-hill-manu backcourt is the best in the league. be glad we have all 3 of those players. losing any 1 of them will put us at a disadvantage.

TD 21
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Anyone still worried about Parker's speed? He's flying out there. Even if he is slightly slower than he was in the past, he's still plenty fast enough to beat his man off the dribble, get into the paint at will and wreak havoc and be a one man fast break.

Also, in the playoffs, look at the Spurs likely match-ups. It's not like he'll be going against Rondo, or Westbrook, guys that might be able to slow him down and give him trouble.

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 08:12 PM
parker took that first quarter over after a terrible start :tu

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Tony looking awesome tonight. going to be funny to see all the haters jump ship and start ridin tony's nuts real quick.

spectator
04-12-2010, 08:52 PM
i would only trade parker for one of the ivan brothers.

</implied sarcasm>

gilmor
04-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I still would like to see a healthy parker int he laker's line up.

A healthy parker with kobe, gasol and dynum is unreal..

Spurologist
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
No doubt TP is on a mission tonight

TIMMYD!
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Good thing I didn't post negative shit on here.

anakha
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Why is it that most of the people posting shit about Parker on this thread have not showed up in the past two weeks?

:hat

EricB
04-23-2010, 11:42 PM
That jump shot took fucking huevos. Fuck trading Parker..

CGD
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I love TP and would be sad to see him to go, but if the Spurs can do a TP for Chris Paul trade (like it was rumored earlier this year), I'm of the opinion you pull the trigger.