PDA

View Full Version : TV coverage - Austin screwed again

Choons
04-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Well once again cable customers in the Austin area are screwed out of watching the game. It has been better this year, but there still seems to be a slim chance Austin folks will get the game every time KENS airs the game in San Antonio. It really pisses me off since Austin is the home of the SPURS D-League team.

Anybody with cable in Austin getting tonight's game?

ohmwrecker
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Anybody with cable in Austin getting tonight's game?

I have AT&T and it is scheduled to be on KBVO HDCH 1007.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
It's on KBVO Time Warner channel 1525.

nkdlunch
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
shit this better be available in league pass

ChumpDumper
04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
It's a relatively new channel and doesn't show up on every listing. the TV Guide site shows it for TWC but not AT&T. It should be available with rabbit ears in most parts of town for those who don't have digital cable.

BadOne
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Chump Dumper saves the day in ATX!!! Thanks bro!

robino2001
04-09-2010, 04:01 PM
It's a relatively new channel and doesn't show up on every listing. the TV Guide site shows it for TWC but not AT&T. It should be available with rabbit ears in most parts of town for those who don't have digital cable.

It's on AT&T's guide... I assume not in HD though - haven't had a KBVO game yet come in HD

Choons
04-09-2010, 04:16 PM
WOOP WOOP! Chump Dumper you da man. I have SuddenLink in Georgetown and didn't even realize I have KBVO on channel 15. It doesn't even show up in the TVGuide. Awesome

leemajors
04-09-2010, 04:20 PM
It's on AT&T's guide... I assume not in HD though - haven't had a KBVO game yet come in HD

they usually are for me on uverse.

robino2001
04-09-2010, 04:23 PM
they usually are for me on uverse.

In HD? I haven't seen a KBVO game on uverse yet in HD... and they're typically horrible horrible feeds (ghosting, bad artifacts, etc) but any game feed is better than no game feed. I'll have to check again tonight.

DisAsTerBot
04-09-2010, 04:26 PM
the ones ive seen on 1525 are HD but not as good as some of the other broadcasts

Mark in Austin
04-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks CD.

mookie2001
04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Chump still has yet to distance himself from those nuts the political forum

That's his main problem

ChumpDumper
04-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Chump still has yet to distance himself from those nuts the political forum

That's his main problemI'm not running for POTUS.

duncan228
04-09-2010, 05:33 PM
My LP TV is showing that I'll only get the second half of the game tonight, like what happened with the Rockets game.

My Broadband schedule says it will be on time, I guess we'll see. The Rockets game didn't show up on BB until the second half too.

Frustrating. I've never had this happen before and now it's twice in one season. And once again one of my LP channels will be blacked out for the Lakers game, an open channel and I only get half of the game I paid for.

Andy25
04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Man fuck I'm gonna complain to TWC, I hate watching the game on shitty chinese feeds when I pay money for Cable that doesn't even have the game for the basically this city's basketball team (don't count the dumb college kids from out of town).

Fuuuu frustrating.. now I have to look for bunny ears!

But thanks for the help guys at least I have a chance of watching the game tonight!:flag:

Mark in Austin
04-09-2010, 05:55 PM
My LP TV is showing that I'll only get the second half of the game tonight, like what happened with the Rockets game.

My Broadband schedule says it will be on time, I guess we'll see. The Rockets game didn't show up on BB until the second half too.

Frustrating. I've never had this happen before and now it's twice in one season. And once again one of my LP channels will be blacked out for the Lakers game, an open channel and I only get half of the game I paid for.

AND they've created the perfect black hole for complaints - whenever I've called Time Warner, they always say it's the NBA's fault, there's nothing they can do.

robino2001
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Just to respond to my own thing in this thread about KBVO and HD. I recorded last nights game on the SD channel and the feed was atrocious. I recorded tonights game on both just to see about the "HD" feed... the HD feed is the SD broadcast stretched to HD dimensions. The SD feed is the SD broadcast with quite a bit trimmed off the sides (so even substandard SD). That's why the feeds have been looking so crappy - it's take a 480p feed... cut it down in size and blow it up on a larger screen, it's bound to look horrible.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah, stretch 480 "fattyvision" sucks, especially when there is obviously an HD feed available. Either show HD or standard 480. If we want fattyvision we can change that ourselves on our TVs -- we can't undo it once some idiot broadcaster does.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
The good news in the ATX: KBVO is carrying many more games than KXAN/KNVA used to. I believe there have only been 2 games this year that were not viewable in Austin on some TWC channel.

In fact, I decided not to drop $160 or whatever the price was on NBA League Pass like I did last year, because of KBVO.

The bad news: KBVO for God knows what reason refuses to pick up the HD feed from San Antonio. At first, they were showing it in 4x3 on the HD KBVO channel, which is bad enough. The last couple of games, they decided to go with stretch-o-vision, which is just awful.

But, it's a lot better than no TV at all.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
The good news in the ATX: KBVO is carrying many more games than KXAN/KNVA used to. I believe there have only been 2 games this year that were not viewable in Austin on some TWC channel.

In fact, I decided not to drop $160 or whatever the price was on NBA League Pass like I did last year, because of KBVO.

The bad news: KBVO for God knows what reason refuses to pick up the HD feed from San Antonio. At first, they were showing it in 4x3 on the HD KBVO channel, which is bad enough. The last couple of games, they decided to go with stretch-o-vision, which is just awful.

But, it's a lot better than no TV at all.It's all the same company: Lin TV. You'd think they'd already know how to work this.