PDA

View Full Version : Lakers center Andrew Bynum is out until playoffs

tlongII
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100409,0,7054702.story

Reporting from Denver
Then there's the other starter who sat out Thursday's game....

Lakers center Andrew Bynum missed his ninth game because of a strained left Achilles' tendon, though he pledged to return by a fairly important date — April 18.

"I'm going to play the first game of the playoffs," he said before the Lakers played Denver, staying back in the locker room with Kobe Bryant, who sat out because of swelling in his right knee.

Bynum missed 32 games down the stretch last season because of a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee, but said it wouldn't take as long for him to return to form this time.

In fact, he seemed to look forward to a series of practices after the Lakers finish the regular season Wednesday against the Clippers.

"It's definitely going to be a couple of games before you get into your rhythm, but I do have a bunch of practice days to get it in and get my touch back," he said.

There's no rush for Bynum to return, Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said.

"I actually told 'Drew it's not ultimately earth-shattering if he doesn't get back before the playoffs rather than get a guy who can play 80% or 70% or whatever percent we want to throw out there," Jackson said.

Bynum initially wanted to play the last game or two of the regular season. Then reality entered the picture. "At first I was kind of excited, I wanted to do it," he said. "But then it's like, ‘What's the point?' It's just another possibility to go back a couple of steps."

:lmao

Ghazi
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
lmao GLASSNUM

It's okay, he'll be back in the playoffs to give the Lakers 5 points and 4 rebounds.

LMAO 21 Blessings :lol

resistanze
04-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I would like to hear the thoughts of my esteemed Lakerfan colleagues.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100409,0,7054702.story

:lmao

At least he said he's coming back! When is your center going to return?

picc84
04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Tlong always up on the Laker injury news. Like he's got a 6th sense for that shit.

j.dizzle
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
2 years ago..dislocated knee cap = done for season
Last season..Torn Mcl..8-12 weeks & probably not even 60-70% healthy in the postseason. Still easily won the title.
This season..Strained Achilles which is a bullshit injury compared to his others..LOL at ppl on this forum trying to make it look like its something as serious as the past 2 years.The #1 spot in the west was won before the season even started. I doubt Kobe even plays any more games in the regular season too.

mavsfan1000
04-09-2010, 08:00 PM
He'll be back to kick Blazer ass. lol

SomeCallMeTim
04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I would like to hear the thoughts of my esteemed Lakerfan colleagues.

Well, they definitely need him to have a hope of winning it all this year. he wasn't very effective in last years POs but I think he'll likely step it up this year.

God bless and heal that Achilles tendon.

SpuronyourFace
04-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Wasn't Bynum suppose to be the next great Big Man in the league according to Laker fans.

Kobe was right, shoulda traded him for Kidd...

Muser
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Flippin' the switch faggots.

DPG21920
04-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Nice attitude by Bynum. "Whats the point of playing regular season games, let my teammates continue to have to play through injuries, but I will just chill."

djohn2oo8
04-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Flippin' the switch faggots.

:lol Until the playoffs, he will just chill at the playboy mansion

mavsfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Lakers love flippin' the switch. That is what they do. Save their best when it really matters.

JoeTait75
04-10-2010, 11:41 AM
With Bynum = Lake Show loses in the Finals to either Cleveland or Orlando

Without Bynum = Lake Show loses in the West Playoffs

So either way they're going to lose.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Yeah Orlando will get it done this year.

Ashy Larry
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM

hopefully .....

Banzai
04-10-2010, 01:19 PM

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/dumbfvck.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/dumbfvck.jpg)

JoeTait75
04-10-2010, 01:33 PM

The Magicians will be dangerous if they can get past Charlotte in round one.

bostonguy
04-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Or? WTF is with this "or" bullshit. Magic aren't winning the east. Cavs have Shaq to contain Howard this time around. Cavs have a loaded team unlike last year. Cavs in 5 or 6 games in the ECF. Magic don't have the advantages they had last year.

:lmao:lmao@"or".

bostonguy
04-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Yeah dangerous for everyone not named the Cavs. Comon Joe. Stop pretending to be nice. They aren't a true threat to the Cavs this season.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Or? WTF is with this "or" bullshit. Magic aren't winning the east. Cavs have Shaq to contain Howard this time around. Cavs have a loaded team unlike last year. Cavs in 5 or 6 games in the ECF. Magic don't have the advantages they had last year.

:lmao:lmao@"or".
Shaq? :lol This isn't 2005. Shaq is done. Howard will get anything he wants with Shaq out there.

MateoNeygro
04-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Why would a Blazer's fan laugh about an injury? That's all their big men do, they don't even have to be on the court ahem...Pryzbilla

bostonguy
04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Shaq? :lol This isn't 2005. Shaq is done. Howard will get anything he wants with Shaq out there.

Shaq was finally getting it together before that thumb injury. The Cavs were pacing him all season. The guy is 38 years old with a ton of mileage on him. Cavs landed Shaq specifically for May and June. He doesn't need to be 2005 Shaq. Just a 3rd/4th option which he is still capable of being. He will be quite motivated going up against Orlando and LA. Cavs arent getting past Orlando or LA without an effective Shaq.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Shaq was finally getting it together before that thumb injury. The Cavs were pacing him all season. The guy is 38 years old with a ton of mileage on him. Cavs landed Shaq specifically for May and June. He doesn't need to be 2005 Shaq. Just a 3rd/4th option which he is still capable of being. He will be quite motivated going up against Orlando and LA. Cavs arent getting past Orlando or LA without an effective Shaq.
Oh I can't wait to see Shaq get embarrassed. 38 is right. Howard will blow by him at will. The mind is there but the body doesn't cooperate.

Ghazi
04-10-2010, 06:14 PM

You think that's a difficult match up for them? I'm not familiar with it

21_Blessings
04-10-2010, 07:05 PM
“I’m going to play in the first playoff game,” - Andrew Bynum.

lmao GLASSNUM

It's okay, he'll be back in the playoffs to give the Lakers 5 points and 4 rebounds.

LMAO 21 Blessings :lol

Jokes on you Ghazi When Bynum shits all over Dallas' laughable front line, this generously assuming the Mavs don't shit the bed like they always, it will be trickling down directly into your retarded mouth.

Ghazi
04-10-2010, 07:49 PM

Jokes on you Ghazi When Bynum shits all over Dallas' laughable front line, this generously assuming the Mavs don't shit the bed like they always, it will be trickling down directly into your retarded mouth.

Define "shit". 5.7/3.8 isn't shitting on anyone :lol

LMAO outplayed by BRENDA last game!! :rollin:rollin

D-Wade #3
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM

Translation: I'm gonna stand in the paint and get pushed around like the huge vagina that I am. I'll take it harder up the ass than Gasol did back in 08 to Boston

Ghazi
04-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Alternate translation: I'm going to get 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes, play 15 minutes a game, and put up 5 points and 3 rebounds. Afterward, 21_blessings will defend my sorry ass by claiming I was injured throughout the whole playoffs

LMAO!!! :lol

cobbler
04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Karma is a bitch huh tlong????

Roy.... torn miniscus. Still laughing?

mogrovejo
04-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Karma is a bitch huh tlong????

Roy.... torn miniscus. Still laughing?

Funny thing: the last time the Lakers lost a playoff series they were raped by a guy playing on a torn meniscus.

Maybe you're speaking too soon. Karma is a bitch.

21_Blessings
04-13-2010, 12:17 AM
LOL tlong

First you take out Oden and now Roy

Ghazi
04-13-2010, 12:18 AM
5.7/3.8

j.dizzle
04-13-2010, 12:28 AM
5.7/3.8
out 3 months with a Torn MCL son, Andrew always has a field day vs the Mavs :toast

cobbler
04-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Funny thing: the last time the Lakers lost a playoff series they were raped by a guy playing on a torn meniscus.

Maybe you're speaking too soon. Karma is a bitch.

No bad Karma for me... I'm laughing at tlong... not ROY. Doubtful the Lakers and Blazers see each other in these playoffs now. You will never see a post from me laughing about an injury to anyone. I wish the best for ROY and all players injured. I would much prefer all teams at full strength. With that said, you most certainly will see me laughing at posters like tlong who lays out the red carpet for bad luck. I for one was hoping for the Blazers in round one. Oh well...