04-09-2010, 09:55 PM
let's get this series started

alchemist
04-09-2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coincidence

:downspin:

in2deep
04-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I'll bump this shit once playoffs start. at least we gonna be playing lakers for all the marbles.

slick'81
04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
i guess its only fitting after this season it would end up in la

alchemist
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
without TP = Spurs take the Lakers to 7
with TP = sweep for the Lakers

:lol

ffadicted
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
:lol Quality humor

it's me
04-09-2010, 10:03 PM
lol

Libri
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM
early blog :lol

nkdlunch
04-09-2010, 10:05 PM
fucking spurs.

r u kidding me. this loss is on Pop. r u serious playing temple n mahinmi for 20+ mins????

Shastafarian
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
fucking spurs.

r u kidding me. this loss is on Pop. r u serious playing temple n mahinmi for 20+ mins????

You mean Temple who had the highest +/- on the team? That one?

poop
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
theres not much you can do when the other team hits 90% of their jumpers in the 4th

HarlemHeat37
Temple had the highest +/- because he played with the best players for most of the game, which is why +/- is only a good stat when used with a large sample size..having him on in the last 5 minutes of the game or so is a risky move..

As for playing the Lakers, it's not a lock at all, especially if Dallas wins tonight..

tothrowed
fuck the lakers

Shastafarian
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Temple had the highest +/- because he played with the best players for most of the game, which is why +/- is only a good stat when used with a large sample size..having him on in the last 5 minutes of the game or so is a risky move..

As for playing the Lakers, it's not a lock at all, especially if Dallas wins tonight..

He also was one of the only ones attempting defense. That's why I want him in. Not for his shooting. Same thing for Mahinmi. What happened to this being a defense-minded team? Does Mahinmi have bricks for hands when it comes to catching passes? Probably. But he also forces people out of the paint.

TD 21
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
No question in my mind the Spurs are finishing 8th at this point. 50 wins is unlikely.

Trail Blazers are going to win tonight and probably Sunday, Spurs are going to lose Saturday. If it's that cut and dried by Monday, might as well sit the key players if not for the last two games, at least the final one.

easy7
04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
The Grizz could have beaten the Lakers in LA with Lebron and Kobe playing 48 mins tonight

alchemist
04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
The Grizz could have beaten the Lakers in LA with Lebron and Kobe playing 48 mins tonight
The Swiss cheese defense in the paint gave them confidence and then their jumpers started falling a.k.a game over

cheguevara
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
The Swiss cheese defense in the paint gave them confidence and then their jumpers started falling a.k.a game over

thank you. finally someone gets it. Spurs played great D for the last few games. Then when Parker comes back, Hill gets hurt and Manu gets his contract and SPurs D looks like a fucking pussy vagina. goddam!!!!

alchemist
04-09-2010, 10:57 PM
thank you. finally someone gets it. Spurs played great D for the last few games. Then when Parker comes back, Hill gets hurt and Manu gets his contract and SPurs D looks like a fucking pussy vagina. goddam!!!!
by the way that's Pop's fault (or so the spurfags will say) :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Pop had a major part in the poor D tonight..Duncan is the only capable interior defender on this team and by far the best overall defender on this team..limiting his minutes heavily hurts the D, especially when the alternative is a Blair-Bonner frontcourt..

alchemist
04-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm cool with Duncan playing 35+ against the Grizz then another 35+ more tomorrow. I don't think the Pop-o-haters would appreciate it though.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
There's a huge difference between 35 minutes and 25 minutes, especially when he only saw 5 of those minutes in the 1st half..

alchemist
04-09-2010, 11:32 PM
I definitely think Tim should've played more in the first half, I still think it wouldn't have made a difference with the blown lead since Z-Bo got his confidence going against everyone (they had to send double teams even with Tim on the floor in the 2nd half). Just a very poor game through out, from time management to overconfidence to poor defense from the perimeter to the paint, TO's (at the worst times), and 3pt shooting (outside of Bonner).

honestfool84
04-10-2010, 12:10 AM
suddenly i'm ok with the Spurs playing the Lakers.

call me crazy - i know, i'm calling myself crazy - but i think we can beat the Lakers in 7 games.

and if we don't, then who cares, we were going to have to play them anyways.

silverblk mystix
04-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Bring on the lakers---i have been wanting this matchup all year---

let's give them a beatdown again...FTL!

Bring on the SWAGGER ---no more weak minded crap....

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Fuck it.... Bring them on while they are struggling and banged up. Gotta get through them sometime or another

crc21209
04-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Eh...nothing is for sure until the final day of the season. The Spurs will most likely end up 6th, 7th, or 8th. For all we know Dallas may not even have anything to play for on the last day of the season...opening the door for the Spurs. The Blazers still have games @ LA, vs. OKC on a back to back, and then at home against Golden State. OKC still has @Golden State, at home vs. the Blazers on a back to back, and at home against Memphis. Anything can still happen...

jiggy_55
04-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Eh...nothing is for sure until the final day of the season. The Spurs will most likely end up 6th, 7th, or 8th. For all we know Dallas may not even have anything to play for on the last day of the season...opening the door for the Spurs. The Blazers still have games @ LA, vs. OKC on a back to back, and then at home against Golden State. OKC still has @Golden State, at home vs. the Blazers on a back to back, and at home against Memphis. Anything can still happen...

That's what I've been saying. It seems we control our own destiny, since OKC and POR will play each other, forcing a loss out of 1 of them. If we beat DEN and MIN, this would mean POR going behind a game with a loss to OKC, or OKC tying us with a loss to POR. Both scenarios = spurs 7th. By then, Dallas may have secured their seed and may rest their players. The Spurs would likely beat a weakened Dallas team, giving us 6th or 7th. Since a win to Minnesota is almost guaranteed, it all depends on tonights game with Denver.

admiralsnackbar
04-10-2010, 02:18 AM
That's what I've been saying. It seems we control our own destiny, since OKC and POR will play each other, forcing a loss out of 1 of them. If we beat DEN and MIN, this would mean POR going behind a game with a loss to OKC, or OKC tying us with a loss to POR. Both scenarios = spurs 7th. By then, Dallas may have secured their seed and may rest their players. The Spurs would likely beat a weakened Dallas team, giving us 6th or 7th. Since a win to Minnesota is almost guaranteed, it all depends on tonights game with Denver.

I hope you're right, but Dallas doesn't have a history of valuing seeding over beating division rivals.

dastrey
04-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Best chance of beating the Lakers is the 1st round. Sure the Spurs would get better as the playoffs go along, but so would the Lakers. Make no mistake, the Lakers will hate having to face the Spurs in the opening round. Let's get it on!

sa_kid20
04-10-2010, 02:29 AM

I have a feeling that Dallas will still be playing for that 2nd seed when they play us which would make this Denver game even that more important. The Nuggets and Jazz both own the tie-breaker with Dallas so the the Mavs might desperately still need that last game of the season.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
04-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Fuck las lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!

TampaDude
04-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Best chance of beating the Lakers is the 1st round. Sure the Spurs would get better as the playoffs go along, but so would the Lakers. Make no mistake, the Lakers will hate having to face the Spurs in the opening round. Let's get it on!

+1 Our best shot at eliminating the Lakers is in the 1st round. Let's do this!!!

Mal
04-11-2010, 05:13 PM
bump