PDA

View Full Version : Somebody needs to tell Pop

tlongII
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
One of Nate McMillan's favorites sayings...

If you fuck with the game, the game will fuck with you.

LOL @ Pop playing Duncan 5 minutes in the 1st half. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I love Pop, but he outsmarts himself too much..he has to keep it simple sometimes, he doesn't seem to enjoy doing that..

Spurs were up 13 or something at some point..Duncan playing a normal amount of minutes should have been enough to maintain a good lead and easily win this game..

itzsoweezee
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM

he's senile, no other explannation

DMX7
04-09-2010, 10:06 PM

No, you're the stupid one.

Clearly, he just wants to play the Lakers in the first round. It's all part of his master plan to go on vacation by late April.

Spurs Brazil
And the guy who played in TD place is the main reason we got fucked. Blair was damn bad on D and stupid foul after stupid foul

benefactor
For once, tlong is right. lol indeed.

timtonymanu
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Blames for the losses tonight:

1. Pop
2. Defense
3. Blair
4. Mason
5. Dick
6. Bonner

Spurs Brazil
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM

1. Pop
2. Defense
3. Blair
4. Mason
5. Dick
6. Bonner

Dice

easy7
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Tlong is a closet Spurs fan.

tlongII
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Yah, the Grizz are missing their center Gasol so Duncan should be able to dominate. That makes sense to sit him for most of the first half then doesn't it? :lol

timtonymanu
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Yah, the Grizz are missing their center Gasol so Duncan should be able to dominate. That makes sense to sit him for most of the first half then doesn't it? :lol

Pop is such a fuckin idiot. I swear.

honestfool84
04-09-2010, 10:15 PM

1. Pop
2. Defense
3. Blair
4. Mason
5. Dick
6. Bonner

Bonner scores 19 and you're blaming him? what in the world do you want from him?

Death In June
04-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Bonner scores 19 and you're blaming him? what in the world do you want from him?He did have two critical turnovers at the end of the game, but I suspect that's more of a coaching error. The guy has historically choked under pressure. No need to have him out there in the final few minutes.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Bonner was big in this game for most of it, but he was HORRIBLE down the stretch, missing big shots and making poor decisions..his D was pretty poor other than a few possessions where he played well vs. Randolph in the 1st half..

ElNono
04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Bonner scores 19 and you're blaming him? what in the world do you want from him?

Not to give up 10+ rebounds and 20+ points on the other end?

tothrowed
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
who do yall take rite now parker or hill?

TD 21
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
It was a typical Bonner performance. Despite his hot shooting, when it really mattered late he couldn't buy a bucket. This guy is a loser, who can't be trusted in the playoffs.

timtonymanu, am I still just "complaining" or do I have a valid point? The coach is an idiot and he cost his team the game, their seeding and probably their streak of 50 win seasons. I don't get this guy, before the past two seasons he was hands down the best coach in the league. Now? Like Harlem said, he flat out outsmarts himself. Duncan should have just checked himself in in the last five of the first half.

murpjf88
04-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Not to give up 10+ rebounds and 20+ points on the other end?

You haven't figured out Bonner's game by now? He stinks defensively and its always been that way. You wanna play Bonner 20+ minutes, you take the good with the bad.

pjjrfan
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
the second qtr was a killer. Especially the last 3 minutes. The game got away from them again, and Pop coached this game like he had a game to give. Still, Tim and Bonner couldn't get a rebound when it counted, and the Grizz never stopped hitting and when they missed they got the O rebound. the good news Manu was still Manu. The bad news, the rest of the team wasn't.

ElNono
04-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I have nothing against that Temple kid... but if he's going to run the point, I rather have Manu running it and the kid playing SG...
I still can't believe we went to Timmy so little when they didn't have Gasol... You make Manu the PG and you pick and roll them to death...

kaji157
04-09-2010, 10:43 PM

I want him to say. "Pop pull me out, it doesn´t matter that i am 6 of 7 from 3 tonight, i am going to suck in the fourth".

Then, preventing him to be 0-4 in the fourth.

jermaine
04-09-2010, 10:44 PM

1. Pop
2. Defense
3. Blair
4. Mason
5. Dick
6. Bonner

Take my friend Matt off your list buddy!!!! Bonner did his thing. He's my brother from anotha mother!

Spurs Brazil
04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Bonner needed to play. Dice was dead and Blair gave the game away in the 2d quarter.

Tonight I'd rather see Bonner than them

ElNono
04-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Bonner needed to play. Dice was dead and Blair gave the game away in the 2d quarter.

Tonight I'd rather see Bonner than them

I don't. I still would play Dice. He played 1/3 the minutes of Bonner and had as many rebounds.

ploto
04-09-2010, 10:57 PM
He did have two critical turnovers at the end of the game, but I suspect that's more of a coaching error. The guy has historically choked under pressure. No need to have him out there in the final few minutes.

With about 5 minutes to go in the game, I told the person with whom I was watching the game-- that because Bonner had shot well, Pop would play him down the stretch and that Bonner would miss his shots and play poorly. He bricked 2 three's late and turned the ball over.

Borosai
04-10-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm 100% certain that Bonner will probably most likely maybe shoot the game winner in the next game. Guaranteed.

siraulo23
04-10-2010, 04:21 AM

:lmao

Fuck I cant agree more

This is the NBA. Period
Fucking Pop

Jekka
04-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Pretty much agree with this 100 percent. Its like when he sat Duncan then brought him off the bench. Just fucking play him or sit him but this in the middle shit is retarded.

-Manny

Creation88
04-10-2010, 10:22 AM
bonner built everyone up offensively (made everyone feel real good about him) then he shitted the bed.......like he always does.

ohmwrecker
04-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm 100% certain that Bonner will probably most likely maybe shoot the game winner in the next game. Guaranteed.

Eh . . . OK. Bonner does not respond to pressure. You see what happens when we rely on him too much. If the Spurs limit his minutes and he plays his role and doesn't try to take on the scoring burden for the whole team, we beat the best teams in the league. If we put the pressure on him we lose to the Grizzlies.

NFGIII
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I love Pop, but he outsmarts himself too much..he has to keep it simple sometimes, he doesn't seem to enjoy doing that..

Spurs were up 13 or something at some point..Duncan playing a normal amount of minutes should have been enough to maintain a good lead and easily win this game..

I thought the same thing. He sits TD and lets the others finish out the half. Memphis goes on a run and gains confidence. Sean stated prior to the game that this team was ready to check out ang go on vacation. All the Spurs needed to do was jump on them and make it happen. So much for that. Memphis was hitting shots all through the 2nd half due to that.

I agree that Pop out smarted himself. Though initially I liked the move - give TD some rest - but knew in the 2nd half the Spurs were in for a fight. Thnaks to this I really don't think Pop will trust those players finishinfg the first half like that again.

If the Spurs lose in Denver then it may well be they face the LAL in the first round. I hope Pop made that abundantly clear to them. By losing this game they just may be one and done. But then again maybe not but that's been beaten to death in other threads.

Believe :flag:

m33p0
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM

hmm... lets see, 1st game of a back-to-back with the Nuggets being a more important opponent than Grizzlies.... hmm. everyone, other than Memphis, thought it was a piece of cake.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
hmm... lets see, 1st game of a back-to-back with the Nuggets being a more important opponent than Grizzlies.... hmm. everyone, other than Memphis, thought it was a piece of cake.

How is the Nuggets game more important? We're not trying to chase down Denver so I don't see how any games are more important than others at this point.

We need wins, it doesn't matter whether they come at Denver or Memphis but we definitely need wins. Last night was far more winable than tonight is (not saying the Spurs can't win tonight but its obviously a harder game and its on the 2nd night of a back to back) so why you wouldn't try to win that game?

Pop made a huge error last night. Pop is a great coach, but rotations and the way he handles these situations has always been one of his worst attributes. As I said above he fucked up when he played these games with Duncan's minutes earlier this year and he sure didn't do us any favors last night. In the end you gain nothing since Duncan plays harder in the 2nd half when he could have been putting the foot on Memphis' throat early on.