PDA

View Full Version : ITW TP from Tp's Website Game 5

leonarth
05-05-2005, 05:04 AM
« At last it is done »
By taking care of Denver, the Spurs will now face Seattle and Ray Allen

Tony, it is done, but beating Denver in this fifth game (99-89), you’ve just qualified for the semi final for the Western Conference.

At last it is done. Frankly, Denver is a god team. They’ve ended the regular season seventh in the Western Conference but they were playing more like a third or second ranked team. They were a very string team in the second part of the season. They were running high on confidence, played physically while counting on a good bench. It was a battle throughout the series. I am thus extremely happy that we do not need to play them anymore.

By winning the series 4-1, you have showed everyone that we will have to count you in for the title.

We were confident in us. Finally, Denver’s win in Game One woke us up. We looked at ourselves in the mirror and said we needed to elevate our level of play in order to win the series. We did have the choice against a very good Denver team. We gradually rose to power on the following four games and we were playing better a every outing. Tonight we finished the job with a very good win.

Tonight, it is the success of the entire group. With five players scoring ten points of more, everyone answered to the call.

Yes, everyone played well. I finished with 21 points, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili at 18, Robert Horry with 17. It is a good, collective win. Everyone scored some important baskets. Glenn Robinson, by playing 13 minutes, also brought his contribution in the middle of the 4th quarter. Thanks to him, we took an 8 points lead with 7’30’’ to play. On this play, he was enormous.

Personally, what are your conclusions ?

Like the team, I gradually rose up in power. I was criticized in Game One but on the last two games, I showed that they’ll still have to count me in. Tonight, I again gave the rhythm by scoring some important shots. I was never worried. The team is confident in me and I will do my best to continue with the same intensity against.

The only negative point is the free throw (2/7).

I do not understand. The morning at practice, I made a 95/100. I was confident and all the sudden, nothing; the ball did not wanted to go in. it is weird…