PDA

View Full Version : Ken Mauer is a convicted felon

tlongII
04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Mauer was convicted of felony tax evasion in 2000. He served 5 months in federal prison and another 5 months of home arrest.

Somehow, he didn't lose his job. I'd like to know why. For a league with integrity problems in terms of officiating, I think pointing out Mauer's felonious past after last night's debacle is worthy of being a topic of discussion. I don't care that he served his time; I do care that the NBA employs tax cheats as officials, who then proceed to kick people out of front row seats that cost a lot of money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
If America were a country that actually held corporations to any ethical standards at all, Stern wouldn't get away with this crap.

DubMcDub
04-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Somehow, he didn't lose his job. I'd like to know why. For a league with integrity problems in terms of officiating, I think pointing out Mauer's felonious past after last night's debacle is worthy of being a topic of discussion. I don't care that he served his time; I do care that the NBA employs tax cheats as officials, who then proceed to kick people out of front row seats that cost a lot of money.

Maybe dumbass fans shouldn't throw shit and act belligerent. You know--behave like an adult.

monosylab1k
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
quit being so asshurt, tlong. Tell Brandon Roy to stop sucking and your coach to stop dropping F-bombs at officials, then maybe the fans won't get so pissed off over nothing.

JamStone
04-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Well played, Mauer

mingus
04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
probably has something to do with being Jewish (i don't know if he is but his last name is a common Jewish surname). that's right. and i'm Jewish. been around too many damn Jews who are partial the themselves. btw, it's not applicable to EVERY Jew, obviosly, but enough to where it's a valid assumption.

sefant77
04-10-2010, 07:16 PM
A mod banned me on RealGM for "blind moron" - the mod is from Portland

Of course he didnt ban the 2 blazers fan that was in the exchange on the the board with me.

Fucking joke of a mod. But should except such lame ass reaction.

DJ Mbenga
04-10-2010, 09:46 PM
he probably has dirt on stern.

greensborohill
04-11-2010, 10:41 AM
income taxes are a scam anyway

Mel_13
04-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Mauer was convicted of felony tax evasion in 2000. He served 5 months in federal prison and another 5 months of home arrest.

So are you BGrantFan over at RipCityTwo.com or do you just copy his posts?

http://sportstwo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2302213&postcount=3

Cane
04-11-2010, 11:36 AM
He's not the only convicted felon; a bunch of refs were in that tax evasion shit.

A lot of those guys also officiate during the playoffs.

Shitty picture ain't it?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
probably has something to do with being Jewish (i don't know if he is but his last name is a common Jewish surname). that's right. and i'm Jewish. been around too many damn Jews who are partial the themselves. btw, it's not applicable to EVERY Jew, obviosly, but enough to where it's a valid assumption.

mauer isn't very Jewish, but as a Jew, I think the way the NBA is run has EVERYTHING to do with Stern being Jewish.