PDA

View Full Version : Malik Rose's Ring Recovered!

ZStomp
05-05-2005, 05:49 AM
For those who were sincere about this (or those that care).

The rings have be located and returned to Malik.

Slomo
05-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Good news!

Any details?

ZStomp
05-05-2005, 06:35 AM
My co-worker said that they were found (unknown how) and that Malik didn't press charges.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-05-2005, 06:42 AM
they say they found it in a drainage ditch in someones backyard, it all sounds like a weird situation

MaNuMaNiAc
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Someone tell Spurgal, before she goes on a shooting rampage!!

ZStomp
05-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Maybe it WAS Spursgal! :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
05-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Maybe it WAS Spursgal! :lol
:lol

Taco
05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
The person who took these rings is a dumbass. What the hell are you going to do with them? You can't sell them and if you keep them you know they are going to show them to other people who are in turn going to go to the police and report it, and that's just what happened.

Duhhhh

MaNuMaNiAc
05-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Malik Has His Championship Rings Back

Posted by: Jim Forsyth

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=7231673A-C478-4D33-B2E3-2BA6F3022E95

Former San Antonio Spur Malik Rose has his 'bling bling' back. His championship rings were recovering from the backyard of a west side home early Thursday morning.

The estimated $220,000 in jewelry was stolen from Rose's far north side home in the upscale Greystone subdivision, sometime over the weekend when he was in New York City. The items stolen included Rose's 1999 and 2003 Spurs championship rings, as well as a diamond bracelet, a diamond chain, and a gold watch. He discovered the theft when he got home Wednesday night.

Police say an informant contacted them at around 1:30 a.m. after hearing about the theft, and led them to someone who had claimed to have the rings. This tip led police to a south side apartment, where they found the suspect. They actually found the rings and the watch in a drain pipe, in the backyard of a west side home.

Rose, who is now a member of the New York Knicks, picked up the items a couple of hours later at SAPD headquarters. Officers say they will be recovering some other items Thursday morning.

In an exclusive interview with News 4 WOAI and Ticket 760's Don Harris, Rose said he suspected contractors who were doing carpet and tile remodeling work in his home. Turns out he was right--detectives say the suspect found with the rings was indeed one of those contractors.

Police had three suspects, but it appears no one will be going to jail for the theft. Detectives say Rose has signed a waiver saying he chooses not to press any charges, and that he just wanted to get his things back.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-05-2005, 07:28 AM
One class act!! that Malik is one class act!

exstatic
05-05-2005, 07:28 AM
The person who took these rings is a dumbass. What the hell are you going to do with them? You can't sell them and if you keep them you know they are going to show them to other people who are in turn going to go to the police and report it, and that's just what happened.

Duhhhh

There was talk that they could break up the rings and sell the stones.

Taco
05-05-2005, 07:32 AM

I'm not sure San Antonio Crooks are smart enough to think of that :lol

Phenomanul
05-05-2005, 07:42 AM

He is afterall.... David Robinson's understudy....

Ishta
05-05-2005, 07:58 AM
He is afterall.... David Robinson's understudy....

Enough said!

SPARKY
05-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Puro San Antonio

Fouled Out
05-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Scum Bags why hire people that are just going to jack you. He should have seen or taken better care of the rings. That company have a bad reputation, good, then the idiot says to his girlfriend " Oh I just wanted to show you proof that I was doing work in Malik's house". They should have charged him for that remark not for stealing the rings. HAHHA!!!!!

mattyc
05-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Pleasing news. Malik deserves those rings.

johnny00
05-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Fuck that!

He should've pressed charges.

If this guy gets away doing this believe me he'll try it again, and it won't be on some S.A. semi-celebrity, it'll be average joe from the street who's just trying to make it in the world.

Mark my words.

ducks
05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
maybe rose felt it was his fault being so stupid and leaving them in plain view and not being home with people coming into his house

Clandestino
05-05-2005, 09:32 AM
he should've prosecuted them. treat a criminal like a criminal.

exstatic
05-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Well said, Inspector Javert...uh, Clouseau.

SWC Bonfire
05-05-2005, 10:19 AM

I don't know about that, a lot of the stones that come from DeBeer's now get lazer etched with unique ID numbers.

You could always melt the gold and platinum, though.

Clandestino
05-05-2005, 10:22 AM

they stole over $200,000 worth of jewelry... what do you think should happen to them? milk and cookies?

MannyIsGod
05-05-2005, 01:14 PM
They should have been prosecuted. Of cours, Clandestion probably would have wanted to give them the chair.

Horry For 3!
05-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Awesome, He got them back. That is good news. Yes the contractor who stole Malik's rings and jewerly is a dumbass.

Useruser666
05-05-2005, 02:12 PM
I have a feeling the crooks will end up in a couple dozen cheese steaks.

ShoogarBear
05-05-2005, 02:54 PM

Ha! Exactly what I was thinking.

Those of you who don't get what Malik did need to read the section on the Bishop's candlesticks in Les Miserables.

Faccia di Angelo
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Ha! Exactly what I was thinking.

Those of you who don't get what Malik did need to read the section on the Bishop's candlesticks in Les Miserables.
Give me the Cliff's Notes version of it lol

I am glad he got his rings back. We all know what its like to lose something of sentimental value. He's a stand up guy..not pressing charges. I agree the thief is an idiot but oh well, I'm sure Malik is just glad to have them back in his possession. I was sure someone would come forward after the news stations started broadcasting it. Good ending.

pooh
05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
All they had to do was just melt down the rings and make a new one. There was no way they could unload them at any pawn shop or even put them up on EBAY. Hiding them in a PVC pipe was just stupid. What if it was connected to say a sewer line or something and it went down the pipe?

I'm shocked that Mailk didn't press any charges and also what in the hell was Rose doing with his rings there at his house? You put things like that in safety deposit boxes somewhere, you don't leave something like that at your place dude.

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2005, 05:40 PM
LMAO...they just said on the ticket that the guy that stole the bling bling said he did it to "prove" to his girlfriend that he was REALLY working at Maliks house...:lol

exstatic
05-05-2005, 05:45 PM
they stole over $200,000 worth of jewelry... what do you think should happen to them? milk and cookies?

Well, since it isn't up to you or to me, it doesn't matter now what either of us thinks, does it? Malik probably felt foolish and didn't want to have to go through the circus of a trial. Let it go, Javert. Go chase down some fucking bread thief.

pooh
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Could you just imagine the conversation:

"Where have you been? Your tacos are already getting cold?"
"I was out working baby."
"Bullshit!" (slamming down the plate in front of him) "You were out with Lupe, your sancho!"
"No baby, (trying to put an arm around her) I wasn't out with Lupe, that's on Thursday nights. I was doing some work at Malik Rose's."
"Yeah right, (pushing the fat ass to the side) if you were at Malik's house then I was scrubbing Tim Duncan's toliet."
"Look baby, (reaching into his pocket showing off Rose's rings) now do you believe me?"
"Holy Shit baby!" (She says estatically)
(Sirens in the background)
"Quick, I need them back baby...they're looking for me."
"Who? Immigration again?"
(Smack along her ass) "Don't be stupid (using Rosie Perez voice) that was last week. I need to hide this shit!"
"Well, whatever you do...don't hide in the pipes. Grandpa was here earlier and he backed it up with his poop."
"No problem, (he says running out to the side of the yard) I'll hide it in that pvc pipe that I was going to use for my tail pipes on my chevy."
"Good thinking baby, I knew that 8th grade education was good for something." (kissing him)
"I didn't drop out last in my class for nothing."

Ok, I wrote enough...haha, I'll stop.

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2005, 06:04 PM
:lmao

nice Pooh...you should switch from sci-fi to comedy....it sells better...

pooh
05-05-2005, 06:07 PM
:lmao

nice Pooh...you should switch from sci-fi to comedy....it sells better...

Nah, I'll leave that to the professionals. Besides, I have seven more books to go in the series I'm writing at the moment. Perhaps in between, I might write something along the lines at what you just read. But thanks for the compliment.

Manu20
05-05-2005, 06:07 PM
:lmao @pooh

Clandestino
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
okay, malik screwed over everyone by letting these criminals continue to function in society. when these fuckers steal someone elses shit than i hope everyone remembers how great malik was. it would have been different if they had just taken something cheap and malik said okay. however, these thieves(who are still out and about), stole over $200,000 worth of jewelry!!!

Spurgal
05-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Someone tell Spurgal, before she goes on a shooting rampage!!

Not funny!

But, I am sooooooooooo happy he got his rings back! :elephant

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2005, 06:24 PM
BTW...he only got his RINGS back...the EXPENSIVE bling bling is still supposedly missing...

angel_luv
05-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Hilarious Pooh!

I'm really happy Malik got his rings back, but to me that is secondary news. What I'm the most thrilled about is that Malik is back home again. Yea! =)

Spurgal
05-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Hilarious Pooh!

I'm really happy Malik got his rings back, but to me that is secondary news. What I'm the most thrilled about is that Malik is back home again. Yea! =)

So am I! ;)

angel_luv
05-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey Spursgal! You ever met Malik?

FilSpursFan
05-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Does Karl Malone has something to do with those rings? He wanted those rings badly... just a thought!
:hat

angel_luv
05-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Does Karl Malone has something to do with those rings? He wanted those rings badly... just a thought!
:hat

Hehe! I think you have a legit case!

I just listened to Don Harris' story about this online. Malik said he was surprised and sorry that his jewelry story made the news because he doesn't want to distract any attention from the Spurs. What a sweetheart! Malik's the best.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Malik talking about the Spurs.

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=111113

RashoFan
05-06-2005, 01:26 AM
I have a feeling the crooks will end up in a couple dozen cheese steaks.

I guess I'll hold of going to Malik's for a few days.....

Clandestino
05-06-2005, 07:58 AM
it doesn't appear the thieves learned anything. and malik let them go... this is ridiculous.

Malik won't press charges after NBA rings recovered
Web Posted: 05/06/2005 12:00 AM CDT

Mariano Castillo and Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writers

The young woman was stunned when her boyfriend tried to impress her with a true rarity, a pair of NBA championship rings he lifted from the home of former Spurs forward Malik Rose.

"I didn't really know what to think," she said.

After Rose was reunited with his stolen 1999 and 2003 championship rings earlier Thursday morning, he spared the culprit by signing a waiver not to press charges. But for the man and his 21-year-old girlfriend, some fallout was unavoidable.

Outside the woman's South Side apartment, a carpenter chiseled on a new door to replace the one police knocked in to carry out a search.

A tipster called police to report that the woman had flashed a Ferrari watch she claimed belonged to Rose, and boasted about the championship rings, valued at $10,000 apiece, police spokeswoman Sandy Gutierrez said.

The watch turned out to be a $15 fake that Rose bought on a China trip.

Police obtained a search warrant overnight and found the watch in the apartment, and the suspect and girlfriend led them to where the rings were hidden.

Other stolen jewelry, including a $110,000 diamond chain and pendant and a $50,000 diamond bracelet, have not been recovered.

"The other stuff can be replaced through insurance," Rose said. "But the rings were really sentimental.

"I didn't want the guy to go to jail," Rose said. "I know he violated me and my family by coming into my house and taking the stuff, but I think there are other ways to help him than by throwing him into jail."

Michael Bernard, first assistant to District Attorney Susan Reed, said that without a complainant, prosecutors would not pursue theft charges against the suspect.

"As a general rule, without a cooperating witness we have no case," Bernard said.

Rose said police called him at 3:34 a.m. to tell him the rings had been found. He rushed out to identify them.

"I wasn't going to wait," he said. "I wanted them back as fast as possible."

Later Thursday, the woman got an eviction notice because of the police activity.

The woman said her boyfriend, who was remodeling Rose's North Side home, just wanted to impress her.

"He didn't do it to be a jerk or anything," she said.

Rose, now of the New York Knicks, had discovered the jewelry missing when he returned from a trip early Wednesday.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Mouse, what the hell were you doing over at Malik's? Cleaning the toilets?

johnny00
05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
The young woman was stunned when her boyfriend tried to impress her with a true rarity, a pair of NBA championship rings he lifted from the home of former Spurs forward Malik Rose.

"I didn't really know what to think," she said.

The woman said her boyfriend, who was remodeling Rose's North Side home, just wanted to impress her.

"He didn't do it to be a jerk or anything," she said.

Stupid bitch.

She didn't know what to think except to show off the newly acquired bling bling to friends and family.

That shows a lot of remorse

The morale of this "feel good" story is the guy is not a bad guy or a jerk he just wanted to impress his woman.

Or is it.....

Some stupid ASSCLOWNS get away with it and they're laughing at everyone because they're guilty as hell.

wildbill2u
05-06-2005, 12:25 PM

Hmmm. Apparently they found out who did it. BUT--what about the rest of the $200,000 heist. No prosecution? Couple of rings aren't worth $200,000.

Did Malik try to run an insurance scam by reporting stuff gone that wasn't stolen? :rolleyes