View Full Version : Going to be an epic WCF

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Good win tonight Spurs :toast

Looking forward to seeing the Spurs vs Nuggs in the WCF this season :toast

Only thing stopping these two teams making the WCF together is seeding :ihit

Nathan Explosion
04-10-2010, 09:55 PM
I thought we were the ones ahead on the clock. How do you know that the Spurs won?

:)

Spursfan092120
04-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Horrible attempt at a jinx thread.

duncan228
04-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey NuGGeTs-FaN. Nice to see you. :toast

ShoogarBear
04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Man, if I had been a Nuggets Fan I would have drunk myself to death by now.

rascal
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Denver has no confidence against the spurs. The spurs will beat them in the 1st round.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Nothing more than the head coach missing

Dantley sucks and the players don't listen to him, not to mention the fact that even the refs don't listen to him :lol

GK will be back soon, but it may be too late if the Nuggets don't step up in rd 1

EricB
04-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I've heard Karl isn't coming back. Guess those peeps are wrong

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I'd say Karl will be back for the 2nd rd.

You think Cancer can stop him from trying to fix this trainwreck? :laugh:

GK would love nothing more than to get his throat back and to yell at these immature brats :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I have always told other Nuggets fans that the Spurs should be AVOIDED at all costs in rd 1

Their experience combined with Dantley's horrible coaching will ensure the series is over in 5.

Props again for the win :toast

only a week till the playoffs, everyone else PUMPED?! :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd say Karl will be back for the 2nd rd.

You think Cancer can stop him from trying to fix this trainwreck? :laugh:

GK would love nothing more than to get his throat back and to yell at these immature brats :lol

I'd be worried about getting out of the first round if I were you.

Also, I think your team needs to clean house (get rid of JR, and maybe KMart, for similar players who aren't cancers) and find a new coach. As constituted, it just doesn't look like this group will ever be disciplined enough to win a ring. Even Chauncey can't bring enough leadership to have them playing hard, disciplined ball consistently. Your thoughts?

exstatic
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Good win tonight Spurs :toast

Looking forward to seeing the Spurs vs Nuggs in the WCF this season :toast

Only thing stopping these two teams making the WCF together is seeding :ihit

Actually, you won't be there. We may not make it either, but your meltdown team doesn't have a chance.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
TBH, i am just so glad that there are no more back to backs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

exstatic

Also, I think your team needs to clean house (get rid of JR, and maybe KMart, for similar players who aren't cancers) and find a new coach. As constituted, it just doesn't look like this group will ever be disciplined enough to win a ring. Even Chauncey can't bring enough leadership to have them playing hard, disciplined ball consistently. Your thoughts?

I think the reverse of what they wanted to have happen HAS happened. The Nuggets are rubbing of on Chauncey, not the other way around. I was :lmao when he got a 'T' when HIS GUY was shooting FTs, and had gotten the foul call. WTF?

NuGGeTs-FaN

Basically id dump anyone with a tattoo and implement a 'no tattoo' policy for the Nuggets roster: lol

Seriously though, id only keep

Ty/Afflalo/Nene (even though nene sucked tonight). Keep billups around for mentoring Ty

Killakobe81
04-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Actually, you won't be there. We may not make it either, but your meltdown team doesn't have a chance.

This but Spurs have better shot ....

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 10:47 PM

If the teams end up in different brackets, they will both be there :toast

Call it blind optimism, but id rather be positive than a downer :lol

Worst case scenario = they dont make it and my life goes on as normal :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
This but Spurs have better shot than the Lakers ....

this.

tothrowed
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
fuck the nuggets and jr smith fake ass blood

Killakobe81
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I've heard Karl isn't coming back. Guess those peeps are wrong

this.

I dont think Lakers are winning a title (hope they do) but I KNOW we can beat the Nuggs and feel confident but less so vs. the Spurs ...

jestersmash
04-10-2010, 11:25 PM
At the end of the day, I think it's pretty obvious that it's bronbron's year to win the ring. Home court advantage throughout, and even with the best record in the league you'd think they would slow down more than the have, but they're still ranked 4th on hollinger's rankings which is not shabby at all.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
I think the reverse of what they wanted to have happen HAS happened. The Nuggets are rubbing of on Chauncey, not the other way around. I was :lmao when he got a 'T' when HIS GUY was shooting FTs, and had gotten the foul call. WTF?

I think you are right. I think Chauncey changed the tone of the team last year, but they have definitely regressed massively this year.

Basically id dump anyone with a tattoo and implement a 'no tattoo' policy for the Nuggets roster: lol

Seriously though, id only keep

Ty/Afflalo/Nene (even though nene sucked tonight). Keep billups around for mentoring Ty

You'd dump Melo? I think Melo could be a good leader if he didn't have all those bad influences around him.

As for Nene, he had a poor game today, but he's been superb for two years now. He should have been an All-Star, not Kaman. My second favourite centre in the league after Bogut (... and going with Timmy's assertion that he is a PF... :lmao )

Bob Lanier
04-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Even Chauncey can't bring enough leadership to have them playing hard, disciplined ball consistently. Your thoughts?
Chauncey was probably the single biggest reason the Pistons stopped playing hard, disciplined ball consistently in 2006. He always believes that the flip can be switched, and as a result he doesn't care until it's too late (well, even then he says things like "in my heart, I truly believe we were the better team").

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I think you are right. I think Chauncey changed the tone of the team last year, but they have definitely regressed massively this year.

You'd dump Melo? I think Melo could be a good leader if he didn't have all those bad influences around him.

As for Nene, he had a poor game today, but he's been superb for two years now. He should have been an All-Star, not Kaman. My second favourite centre in the league after Bogut (... and going with Timmy's assertion that he is a PF... :lmao )

Melo will never be a good leader. The whole idea of a good leader is that they help create a positive culture and help other people buy into that culture.

Melo can't do that coz he is too immature himself. He will always be that way

hunterxaz
04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
The only thing from Spurs reaching the WCF is any team playing them in the first round.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Melo will never be a good leader. The whole idea of a good leader is that they help create a positive culture and help other people buy into that culture.

Melo can't do that coz he is too immature himself. He will always be that way

You're right, and a truly strong leader shapes everyone around him. I don't see Melo as that kind of guy, but more a guy who is easily distracted, but thrives without distraction. If he wasn't surrounded by knuckleheads, he wouldn't be so much of a knucklehead himself.

It's odd, because watching him last year he looked like he had finally grown up, but this year he's behaving like a kid again.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Chauncey was probably the single biggest reason the Pistons stopped playing hard, disciplined ball consistently in 2006. He always believes that the flip can be switched, and as a result he doesn't care until it's too late (well, even then he says things like "in my heart, I truly believe we were the better team").

Interesting comment about "flicking the switch". Chauncey definitely had a positive influence on the Nuggets for most of last season though. Unfortunately for Denver, he has since been swallowed up by their culture.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2010, 11:54 PM
On a side note, isn't it funny that neither the Spurs or Denver won a game at home against each other? :lol

TD 21
04-11-2010, 01:40 AM
The West playoffs in general have the potential to be spectacular. Every team is good-very good, but there isn't a great team. As always, match-ups will play a big part in determining the outcome.

The thing I like as a Spurs fan is, not only is this team playing their best ball of the season down the stretch, not only are they likely going to have their entire team healthy by game one, but there's no external pressure on this team. They're not expected to do much and whoever they get in round one will be. You really think the Nuggets, Suns, Jazz and to a lesser extent, Lakers and Mavs want to see a team this experienced and talented in round one? All the pressure will be on them and they know (with the possible exception of the Lakers) that the theater won't be too big for this team (unlike young teams like the Thunder and Trail Blazers) and that this team is eminently capable of beating any of them.

Brazil
04-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Wow fortunately there is this thread. I didn't see the game yesterday, I log into the forum and I thought we lost with the trade parker threads keeping on popping lol. so we won with TP playing 30 mn, RJ playing well, I guess no bread for the haters today.

BronxCowboy
04-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey Nuggets-fan, as much as I would like to see this matchup in the WCF, it's looking more like a first-round matchup at this rate. Good luck, I hope you guys get GK back soon and he can whip your boys into shape.