PDA

View Full Version : Should the Mavs let the Spurs win that last game

Amarelooms
04-10-2010, 11:05 PM
If the Mavs have the 2nd seed locked up...should they let ya'll win giving the Spurs the 7th seed and a head to head matchup? We know that the Mavs prefer to play the Spurs....just a better matchup and mental advantage

What do you say? :elephant

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Shit ill take it, but we don't need Mavs to let us win we will just go there and take it!

Spurs1234
04-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I dont think it will be locked up by then, cause the suns and jazz play each other at 10:30 on the same night, so if that game is not complete by the time the mavs and spurs play, which it wont, then i would like the mavs will have something to play for. I think the mavs have one less loss than both, but i am not sure about the tie breakers. If the spurs win out, they def. are not the 8 seed, since they are one game behind okc and port. and both of those teams play each other, so one has to lose...i guess the best scenario for the spurs, is win vs. minn, and have portland lose to la and okc up next, which def. means the spurs are not the 8...but not sure if lal is even trying anymore..game is tomorrow....

TDomination
04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Sure, just like the Mavs let the Warriors win in 2007. They got what they wanted and got burned for it. Careful what you wish for

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I dont think it will be locked up by then, cause the suns and jazz play each other at 10:30 on the same night, so if that game is not complete by the time the mavs and spurs play, which it wont, then i would like the mavs will have something to play for. I think the mavs have one less loss than both, but i am not sure about the tie breakers. If the spurs win out, they def. are not the 8 seed, since they are one game behind okc and port. and both of those teams play each other, so one has to lose...i guess the best scenario for the spurs, is win vs. minn, and have portland lose to la and okc up next, which def. means the spurs are not the 8...but not sure if lal is even trying anymore..game is tomorrow....

We are a half game ahead of Portland at the moment i believe.

eyeh8u
04-10-2010, 11:13 PM
mavs have a history of shooting themselves in the foot, the year golden state knocked them out, the mavs faced them the last game of the season, avery rested everyone, GS proceeded to win that game, then beat the number 1 team in the first round of the playoffs, if dallas won the regular season game they would have knocked GS out of the playoffs

timvpimp
I just want the Mavs to play every game with full efforts. The Warriors were obviously the team Mavs wanted to take on in 07 and they managed to do so after losing a couple games in the dusk of the regular season, unintentionally or intentionally, and we all saw how their plot worked out. Clippers would have made playoffs that year otherwise.

kaji157
Dallas will own the Tiebreaker against Phx because they are division winners, and the first tiebreaker between a division winner and a non division winner is being a division winner.
The tiebreaker against Denver they already have it because they are 2-1 in season series.

NuGGeTs-FaN
tanking isnt good. The Clipps did it to face the nuggs in the playoffs, and how did that turn out?

.....oh wait :drunk

Obstructed_View
Yeah since it worked out so well for the Mavs when they did the same thing in 2007.

Amarelooms
04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
lol at you idiots talking about 2007. The Warriors were a young quick and athletic team...the Spurs are the exact OPPOSITE. The Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs...keep dreaming :elephant

Obstructed_View
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
lol at you idiots talking about 2007. The Warriors were a young quick and athletic team...the Spurs are the exact OPPOSITE. The Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs...keep dreaming :elephant

Riiiiiiiggghht...which is why you're in here trolling Spurs fans when your team just wrapped up the division.

spursfan09
04-10-2010, 11:18 PM
You don't want to give a team like the Spurs any hope. You have to beat them and send a message.

spurtech09
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
doesn't matter spurs are gonna win against the mavs....spurs have won against better teams this season....like the lakers,cavs,magic,and celtics.....mavs are an alright team lol

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM

Just incase you didn't know the Mavericks are not a young quick and athletic team either, Spurs are playing their best right now, you should fear the Spurs, you will know what I was talking about if we play Mavs :flag:

eyeh8u
04-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Just incase you didn't know the Mavericks are not a young quick and athletic team either, Spurs are playing their best right now, you should fear the Spurs, you will know what I was talking about if we play Mavs :flag:

if pop still had a beard then our playoff motto would have been fear the beard

exstatic
04-10-2010, 11:39 PM

The problem for the Mavs is that you keep trading away the players that kill us, and eventually, it WILL bite you in the ass.

jestersmash
04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
The Mavs have one of the most stagnant offenses I have ever seen. It's a whole lot of, give Nowitzki the ball, and let him take turn around fade away mid range jumpers. He only looks to his teammates to bail him out, thereby making a good 35% of the maverikc's offense predictable as fuck (and therefore potentially easier to guard)

i'll take that everyday of the week. Yeah he's not easy to guard by any means, but the point is, the mavericks live and die by nowitzki. He does poorly, the Mavs lose, period.

The spurs have more offensive weapons, albeit the offensive weapons that the spurs have may individually not be up to par with nowitzki, but it's better to have it spread out like that

The mavericks are ranked an abysmal 15th on automated power rankings at the moment. Talk about garbage.

The charlotte bobcats and milwuakee bucks are ranked higher.

Please bring on the Mavs, easiest ticket to the 2nd round.

ulosturedge
04-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I have absolutely no objections with the Spurs playing the Mavs in the first round.

jestersmash
04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Seriously, it's hard to comprehend just how bad the Mavericks are. Seriously, they are bad..BAD. Horrendous.

They far and away have the most deceptively inflated record in the west.

Shank
04-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Seriously, it's hard to comprehend just how bad the Mavericks are. Seriously, they are bad..BAD. Horrendous.

They far and away have the most deceptively inflated record in the west.

Horrendous?

You're a retard.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Horrendous?

You're a retard.

My bad. Horrendous might be too much of an understatement. They're abysmal.

It's inconceivable that so many Mavs fans have this arrogance about them just for winning the division title. You guys are quite possibly the worst team in the west (of the playoff teams) at the moment.

I'm going through the list, and I can't think of another team that I'd rather face than this god awful Mavericks team.

Shank
04-11-2010, 05:04 PM
My bad. Horrendous might be too much of an understatement. They're abysmal.

It's inconceivable that so many Mavs fans have this arrogance about them just for winning the division title. You guys are quite possibly the worst team in the west (of the playoff teams) at the moment.

I'm going through the list, and I can't think of another team that I'd rather face than this god awful Mavericks team.

Pray hard for it.

Arrogance for winning the division title? Care to point that out, shitbrick?

You're likely trolling. No one is this stupid.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Pray hard for it.

You mad? I'm literally laughing my ass off here at how mad you are.

Here, I'll tell you what you can and can't do -

You can't win a championship here because you have a team that's probably playing only slightly better than the Fakers at this moment in time.

You can, however, choke on my balls and pray you end up getting OKC first round, although unfortunately for you I'm not entirely sure if that's numerically possible at this point.

The Mavericks are strikingly middle of the pack going into the playoffs. Nobody gives a shit about you guys, you guys aren't relevant.

Enjoy your inflated 2nd seed and pop the champagne now, you're not getting anything done this year in the playoffs.

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 05:33 PM
The Mavs have one of the most stagnant offenses I have ever seen. It's a whole lot of, give Nowitzki the ball, and let him take turn around fade away mid range jumpers. He only looks to his teammates to bail him out, thereby making a good 35% of the maverikc's offense predictable as fuck (and therefore potentially easier to guard)

i'll take that everyday of the week. Yeah he's not easy to guard by any means, but the point is, the mavericks live and die by nowitzki. He does poorly, the Mavs lose, period.

The spurs have more offensive weapons, albeit the offensive weapons that the spurs have may individually not be up to par with nowitzki, but it's better to have it spread out like that

The mavericks are ranked an abysmal 15th on automated power rankings at the moment. Talk about garbage.

The charlotte bobcats and milwuakee bucks are ranked higher.

Please bring on the Mavs, easiest ticket to the 2nd round.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

TheChillFactor
04-11-2010, 05:37 PM

You can't win a championship here because you have a team that's probably playing only slightly better than the Fakers at this moment in time.

You can, however, choke on my balls and pray you end up getting OKC first round, although unfortunately for you I'm not entirely sure if that's numerically possible at this point.

The Mavericks are strikingly middle of the pack going into the playoffs. Nobody gives a shit about you guys, you guys aren't relevant.

Enjoy your inflated 2nd seed and pop the champagne now, you're not getting anything done this year in the playoffs.

i can't wait 'til those faggots lose and we get to hear how it was the refs' fault and they're going to do a S&T for Lebron.....

TheSullyMonster
04-11-2010, 05:46 PM
The Mavs have one of the most stagnant offenses I have ever seen. It's a whole lot of, give Nowitzki the ball,

Shoot, the Spurs entire offensive plan was give the ball to duncan and corner 3's for how many years?:downspin:

Come on, us Spurs fans shouldn't be allowed to criticize offenses that lack creativity.:lol

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Shoot, the Spurs entire offensive plan was give the ball to duncan and corner 3's for how many years?:downspin:

Come on, us Spurs fans shouldn't be allowed to criticize offenses that lack creativity.:lol

Well, there is a slight difference there. The spurs have a predictable offense yes, but it is not stagnant because there is more than ample ball movement across the floor.

Nowitzki, however, hogs a good 25% of the possessions by chucking up fade away mid range jumpers. Does he make a decent amount of them? Of course, because he's a good player.

But when a solid 25% of your offense depends on a guy hitting a good percentage of midrange Js, you're not going to win a championship, period.

Nowitzki is the wrong type of player to build a team around.

I'm not at all surprised that the Mavericks have done so relatively poorly in the playoffs all these years. What do they have, that measly western conference title from '06? Pathetic.

Shank
04-11-2010, 07:11 PM

Who is this homo?

Whatever you may think about the Mavs, one thing is damn certain - they'll stomp a mudhole through your beloved Spurs if/when they match up.

I'd still like for you to explain how their play of late is "abysmal". Or are you going to bring up MOV as your only resource?

LoneStarState'sPride
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Shit, mavs don't have to "let" us win anything--I'd like SA to just go rip it from their nasty, nutsack-punching hands.

As for all you mavs fans out there, come talk to me when you have more than a tumbleweed in your trophy case. (Yes, Western Conference Championship trophy=tumbleweed, unless you have Larry sitting next to it).

OldSilentHill
04-11-2010, 07:33 PM
No, they need to avoid the Spurs.

easy7
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
These Mavs mofos brag about beating a Spurs team with no Ginobili, No Hill, No Blair, No Micky D, no RJ and Duncan running at half speed. What an accomplishment. How did the Nuggets series go by the way? :lmao

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 08:59 PM
you do understand the Spurs are one of the younger teams in the league now, right? And with Blair, RJ, Tony, Manu, etc...we're one of the more athletic teams as well. How ironic that you're laughing at us for talking about 2007 when you're doing the same talking about how the Spurs are old...gay ass pink elephant.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_NBA_trophies_have_the_Dallas_Mavericks_wo n

badfish22
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm going to reply to this thread with a single :lmao after the Mavs beat the Spurs if they play them.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 09:05 PM
So hilarious that Mavs fans are so scared of the Spurs they feel they need to go in the SPURS forum to post this thread, after he posted the same shit in the NBA thread...let us know how you really feel, guys.

easy7
04-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Laugh with your friends and cry later... Mavs team song.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Ub14_iNzt9w

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 09:15 PM
you do understand the Spurs are one of the younger teams in the league now, right? And with Blair, RJ, Tony, Manu, etc...we're one of the more athletic teams as well. How ironic that you're laughing at us for talking about 2007 when you're doing the same talking about how the Spurs are old...gay ass pink elephant.

Spurs are NOT one of the younger teams and are NOT very athletic...you my friend are a complete moron. Mavs are the better team and the Spurs should do everything possible to avoid the Mavs this year.....now get your head out of your ass dummy

:elephant

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Spurs are NOT one of the younger teams and are NOT very athletic...you my friend are a complete moron. Mavs are the better team and the Spurs should do everything possible to avoid the Mavs this year.....now get your head out of your ass dummy

Good god...the Spurs are younger than the Mavs, dumbass...do you even think before you speak?...idiot...and the Mavs are only better without Manu and with a hurt Tim Duncan...you'll learn this if you're UNlucky enough to face us in round 1.

Sisk
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.trollhunters.org/files/trolls/troll-03.jpg

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
tbh the best thing about this thread so far is Shank calling someone a shitbrick.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Oh dear God.......you actually believe this shit, don't you?

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm going to reply to this thread with a single :lmao after the Mavs beat the Spurs if they play them.

And if the Mavs lose, you will disappear.

jjktkk
04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Pray hard for it.

LMAO, a Mavs fan(thats funny in itself) on a Spurs forum, calling someone a troll.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Dallas Mavericks Roster - 2009-10
Average Age: 30.4
Average Height: 6-6
Average Weight: 220

San Antonio Spurs Roster - 2009-10
Average Age: 26.7
Average Weight: 218

This guy is so uninformed it hurts

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Shove a gerbil up your ass thru a tube.

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Shove a gerbil up your ass thru a tube.

Sons, if gerbil is code for getting murked in Madden, then you are Richard Gere.

Sisk
04-11-2010, 10:40 PM

you're one of the best posters on ST recently, no shit

Jetersmash - 1
Amarelooms - 0

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Sons, if gerbil is code for getting murked in Madden, then you are Richard Gere.

That's a bad call. We should challenge that call.

kaji157
04-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I think we can beat anyone of the Mavs, Phx and Denver.
Phx and Denver will obviously be easier because they fear us, but that can also backfire.
As can backfire for Dallas the sense that we cannot beat them because the refs gave Jordan and Bird combined treatment to Dirk for an entire series.

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 11:05 PM

Look at this ass clown...Spurs have a bunch of young horrible players on da roster and that skews the average. We all know come playoff time none of them other than Blair and Hill will sniff the court...and even those two clowns will likely get minimal mins.

I have never heard of the following shit young players on the Spurs:
Alonzo Gee
Malik Hairston
Curtis Jerrells
Ian Mahiam
Garrett Temple

All under 23 and all non-factors...now take your garbage and skewed statistics and go fuck yourself dummy

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Shit, mavs don't have to "let" us win anything--I'd like SA to just go rip it from their nasty, nutsack-punching hands.

As for all you mavs fans out there, come talk to me when you have more than a tumbleweed in your trophy case. (Yes, Western Conference Championship trophy=tumbleweed, unless you have Larry sitting next to it).

Cool story bro.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Look at this ass clown...Spurs have a bunch of young horrible players on da roster and that skews the average. We all know come playoff time none of them other than Blair and Hill will sniff the court...and even those two clowns will likely get minimal mins.

I have never heard of the following shit young players on the Spurs:
Alonzo Gee
Malik Hairston
Curtis Jerrells
Ian Mahiam
Garrett Temple

All under 23 and all non-factors...now take your garbage and skewed statistics and go fuck yourself dummy

Average Age Without those "nonfactor players" you mentioned in your post: 28.2

This guy is so uninformed it HURTS HAHAHAHAKLJHSDFLAKSHFLASDHFL :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 11:18 PM

Average Age Without those "nonfactor players" you mentioned in your post: 28.2

This guy is so uninformed it HURTS HAHAHAHAKLJHSDFLAKSHFLASDHFL :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

and that's not young dummy...

I'm not saying the Mavs are younger stupid I'm saying the Spurs ARE OLD and LESS ATHLETIC than other teams the Mavs could face....you are truly a dumb fuck

admiralsnackbar
04-11-2010, 11:22 PM
The Mavs have a mental advantage over the Spurs? Really? :lol

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 11:22 PM
and that's not young dummy...

I'm not saying the Mavs are younger stupid I'm saying the Spurs ARE OLD and LESS ATHLETIC than other teams the Mavs could face....you are truly a dumb fuck

Hey guys, why is Amarelooms like olive oil?

Because he's extra virgin.

http://www.senia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/swish.jpg

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah I'm still trying to find where he said that the Spurs were older than the Mavs. He clearly did not. He said the Spurs weren't young, which they aren't. An average age of 28.2 among your playoff rotation is not "young."

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, why is Amarelooms like olive oil?

Because he's extra virgin.

http://www.senia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/swish.jpg

Got me...you win :elephant

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah I'm still trying to find where he said that the Spurs were older than the Mavs. He clearly did not. He said the Spurs weren't young, which they aren't. An average age of 28.2 among your playoff rotation is not "young."

Finally someone with a brain...just happens to be a Mavs fan...coincidence? I think not :elephant

admiralsnackbar
04-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Finally someone with a brain...just happens to be a Mavs fan...coincidence? I think not :elephant

If you guys were so smart, why did you let your basketball team go to San Antonio in the first place?

Harry Callahan
04-11-2010, 11:45 PM
There's a good chance the Mavies roster could all get old and over the hill at the same time, which means a massive rebuilding job in a couple of years. That would be nice.

It's hard to like the Mavies when their owner is a 6 foot three inch pile of feces. Plus Jason "Turtlehead" Terry is nothing but a poser and a punk.

Some of their players are decent enough people - Jason Kidd has grown up and Dirk has been a real credit to the league. But it's hard to stomach a team led by Markie Mark Cuban.

I get to hear all about how awesome the Mavericks are via the uninformed Dallas basketball media - I live up here. Unfortunately, one of the only objective people in the Dallas media regarding the Mavies USED TO BE Chuck Cooperstein - until he was bought off by a play by play job on the ESPN station here. Now he is just another shill for Mark Cuban.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2010, 11:47 PM
It's funny that most other fanbases have no problem with Cuban and think of him as an asset to the NBA.

lol San Antonio butthurt over Cuban

badfish22
04-11-2010, 11:58 PM

No I will reply with a single :depressed

androck
04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
The Mavs have not finished the season strong and seem to be limping into the playoffs which is not a good sign for them. Marion's injury is probably part of that but they are not playing as good basketball now as they were in December-January. The Spurs are in a little bit of trouble with Tony readjusting to the roster and still not healthy while we still have no idea when George Hill will be back. I'd feel more confident if the Spurs had home court. It should be a close series and might come down to coaching in which case I'll take Pop over Carlisle. The Mavs should definitely not tank the game against San Antonio to end the regular season. It's a horrible way to start the playoffs.

badfish22
04-12-2010, 12:08 AM
The Mavs have not finished the season strong and seem to be limping into the playoffs which is not a good sign for them.

Dallas has now won six of eight. Is that hot enough for you? The Mavs are at the lowly Clippers on Monday, and that represents an opportunity to win four straight and seven of nine.

And Dirk is definitely not limping into the playoffs. SA can either let Dirk rape them or triple him and have the "Spur Killers" once again "kill" them.

J_Paco
04-12-2010, 12:17 AM
And Dirk is definitely not limping into the playoffs. SA can either let Dirk rape them or triple him and have the "Spur Killers" once again "kill" them.

Other than Dirk and Jason "Ninja Turtle" Terry, who on your current team is considered a "Spur Killer?" I'm pretty sure that Marion, Kidd, Butler and Haywood have never truly "killed" the Spurs, buddy.

Beside the fact that Dampier, Haywood and Dirk give ya'll a considerable size advantage, I think the Spurs have every other match-up in hand. The Mavericks are definitely the best match-up for this team.

badfish22
04-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Other than Dirk and Jason "Ninja Turtle" Terry, who on your current team is considered a "Spur Killer?" I'm pretty sure that Marion, Kidd, Butler and Haywood have never truly "killed" the Spurs, buddy.

Beside the fact that Dampier, Haywood and Dirk give ya'll a considerable size advantage, I think the Spurs have every other match-up in hand. The Mavericks are definitely the best match-up for this team.

I was being sarcastic when I said "spur killer". When Pop decides to double team Dirk everytime down the floor, everyone becomes Spur killers. I have heard Spurfans call JJ Barea a spur killer.
Josh Howard miraculously playing well again wasn't because he is a spur killer, like many spurfans think.

J_Paco
04-12-2010, 12:34 AM
I was being sarcastic when I said "spur killer". When Pop decides to double team Dirk everytime down the floor, everyone becomes Spur killers. I have heard Spurfans call JJ Barea a spur killer.
Josh Howard miraculously playing well again wasn't because he is a spur killer, like many spurfans think.

Well, Josh always hurt us because we never had someone strong and athletic enough to defend him at the 3 spot. He'd always bully Bruce in the mid-post or Bruce would have to defend Dirk. Pop should really just go with no double-teaming of Dirk or a soft double-team with Marion's defender. But, letting Dirk carry the bulk of the offense is the smartest way to beat Dallas. He isn't dropping 50+ points a night and double-teaming gives up too many open shots.

easy7
04-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I can't see anyone with 4 :lobt: be butthurt. Tell the truth - will you change your banners for a :lobt: ? Come clean Mavs fan... :hat