PDA

View Full Version : Parker Wants to Play in Worlds While Ginobili Soon to Decide

duncan228
04-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Spurs' Parker Wants to Play in Worlds While Teammate Ginobili Soon to Decide (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/10/spurs-ginobili-soon-to-decide-whether-to-play-for-argentina-in/)
By Chris Tomasson

DENVER -- One San Antonio backcourt star anticipates playing in the World Championships next summer in Turkey. The other Spurs backcourt star plans do decide before the playoffs begin next weekend.

Tony Parker has fully recovered after recently sitting out about a month with a broken right hand. He's expecting to represent his native France for the Worlds, which run Aug. 28-Sept. 12.

"I want to play,'' Parker said after San Antonio's 104-85 win Saturday at Denver. "Of course, I want to play.''

As far as giving an official word to French officials, Parker said he won't do that until after the playoffs. But Parker's backcourt mate, Manu Ginobili, said he will alert Argentina officials before the postseason whether he will represent his homeland.

Ginoboli just signed a three-year, $39 million contract. That could end up being the final obstacle that would lead him to play.

"I've got to make my decision by next week,'' Ginobili said before the game. "I don't have to. But I want to out of respect for the coaching staff ... There's no more variables in that situation (due to his contract extension). I better make that decision now ... Just in case I don't play, they will have time to make adjustments. If I do play, I want them to be sure they know I'm going to be in it. It's good to give them some time.''

Ginobili wouldn't say whether or not he's leaning toward playing in the Worlds due to his contract extension having been finalized. But Ginobili did acknowledge it would be very tough not to play for Argentina, the 2004 Olympic gold medalists, because he said all the country's other top players have committed.

"Ah, yes,'' Ginobili said. "I love playing with them. It's more fun if everybody plays, of course ... We've made the semifinals the last four tournaments so that is something huge, and that we try to maintain.''

In addition to winning the 2004 Olympics, Argentina won silver at the 2002 World Championships, lost to Team USA in semifinals of the 2006 Worlds and took bronze at the 2008 Olympics.

At the last Olympics, Ginobili re-injured his left ankle, which needed surgery and kept him out for nearly the first month of last season. Still, San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said the decision is completely up to Ginobili whether to play in Turkey, and team officials won't sway him one way or another.

"It's totally his,'' Popovich said. "We have no power. We can say whatever we want. Players can do what they want. So that's the bottom line. So I don't waste my time ... he'll just tell me what he's going to do.''

Popovich said he's torn because he has great respect for international basketball but also doesn't want an injury to affect the Spurs.

"Sure, I am,'' Popovich said. "All of us our torn in that respect ... but I understand it. I loved (international basketball) when I was playing in the military and traveling around the world and playing in different tournaments. When you get to play for your country, it's a pretty exciting thing. But sure it makes it nervous. I don't want him to get hurt. But the way the rules are he can do whatever he wants.''

But why will Parker wait until after the playoffs to make his decision final while Ginobili said he will do so before the postseason?

"He does whatever he wants,'' said Parker, echoing what Popovich said about Ginobili.

Frenzy
04-11-2010, 12:55 AM
:bang

Obstructed_View
04-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Manu's got his contract, there's no fucking way he doesn't play. The only way he'd skip it is if he didn't have a guaranteed paycheck and had to assume some of the risk himself.

Cane
04-11-2010, 01:01 AM
The potential nightmare of having Ginobili, Parker, and Tiago injured in the future due to international play is coming to mind for some reason ;)

jjktkk
04-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Just have to hope that the none of the Spurs foreign born players get injured. Definitely nerve wracking.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 01:12 AM
"I want to play,'' Parker said after San Antonio's 104-85 win Saturday at Denver. "Of course, I want to play.''

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3653/3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg

alchemist
04-11-2010, 01:13 AM
TP is on thin ice. Contract year + injury = ?

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Ginobili's not going to play because he unofficially owes it to the Spurs FO right about now. They gave him a 3 year max deal knowing full well that Ginobili's injury and absence in the playoffs hampered them severely.

It'd be a huge slap in the face if Ginobili went and played in the worlds just a year after coming off of injury. Huge slap in the face. He's not going to do it.

Furthermore, he's going to cite his twins as the "true" reason for not playing in the worlds, even though we all know that's clearly not the case (it might be a factor, but it's certainly not the main one)

As for Parker, I have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine.

Juanobili
04-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I hope Tim asks both of them to take the summer off. So they can have a fresh start next season and grab one of Tims last rings

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Puck Farker :td

Reading between the lines, Manu ain't playing. Methinks that was also a condition from the Spurs for him to get the deal he signed this past week.

ElNono
04-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Actually, if Manu doesn't play in Turkey, I suspect it has everything to do with the twins, and nothing to do with the Spurs.

When a reporter pressed RC for an answer about this the day Manu got extended, he said there's absolutely nothing they can say or do, and that all they can hope for is that Manu 'respects his health' when it comes to making such decisions.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Actually, if Manu doesn't play in Turkey, I suspect it has everything to do with the twins, and nothing to do with the Spurs.

When a reporter pressed RC for an answer about this the day Manu got extended, he said there's absolutely nothing they can say or do, and that all they can hope for is that Manu 'respects his health' when it comes to making such decisions.

RC was, paradoxically, crystal clear in a subtle/indirect way (mostly with his tone, partly due to the fact that he sort of awkwardly added in the "we hope manu respects his health" after it appeared as though he was done answering the question) that the spurs FO would be furious if Ginobili decided to play this year, in that very interview you're referring to.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Ginobili's not playing in the worlds, it will have mostly to do with the spurs and partly to do with his twins.

He's only saying in public that he hasn't decided yet in order to not piss argentinian fans off.

He'll say his absence in this year's worlds is because of his twins, again to not piss argentinian fans off.

Argentinian fans would be infinitely more furious if they found out Ginobili couldn't represent them due to tensions between him and the Spurs FO.

But, if Ginobili claims that it's because of his twins, fans would be MUCH more understanding.

Ginobili's playing a masterful public relations game right now. He's easing into his almost certain final decision that he's not playing for the world's this year. It's written all over his face.

Mark in Austin
04-11-2010, 01:38 AM
If Tony decides to play given his health this year and how much time he needs to recover, then I'm sad to say I'm fully in the trade Tony camp.

No way should the Spurs risk potentially the last Duncan year on Tony being injured all season again.

ElNono
04-11-2010, 01:38 AM
RC was, paradoxically, crystal clear in a subtle/indirect way (mostly with his tone, partly due to the fact that he sort of awkwardly added in the "we hope manu respects his health" after it appeared as though he was done answering the question) that the spurs FO would be furious if Ginobili decided to play this year, in that very interview you're referring to.

Doesn't matter. If it would be so crystal clear, Manu would have already said no to the national team. There's no point in delaying the announcement if the decision has been made.

I thought Pop was pretty clear with what he said today. They'll do whatever they want and the team has to hope for the best.

People here talk all the time about under-the-table agreements, and there's really no such thing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Manu ends up going. I know he really wants to.

ElNono
04-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Ginobili's not playing in the worlds, it will have mostly to do with the spurs and partly to do with his twins.

He's only saying in public that he hasn't decided yet in order to not piss argentinian fans off.

He'll say his absence in this year's worlds is because of his twins, again to not piss argentinian fans off.

Argentinian fans would be infinitely more furious if they found out Ginobili couldn't represent them due to tensions between him and the Spurs FO.

But, if Ginobili claims that it's because of his twins, fans would be MUCH more understanding.

Ginobili's playing a masterful public relations game right now. He's easing into his almost certain final decision that he's not playing for the world's this year. It's written all over his face.

I'm glad you have it all figured out. :lol

Argentina's fans really don't demand anything else from Ginobili. You can ask any of them, there's plenty here on the board. Plus the Argie's team coach already kind of excused him if he doesn't want to play.

Manu himself said he just loves to play with that group of players, and he would feel 'terrible' if he had to watch it on TV instead of being there with the team. Back then he mentioned his twins and his lack of extension as being the biggest obstacles. The extension is done. The twins is what's left.

ezau
04-11-2010, 01:42 AM
This is precisely the reason we have to ship Parker's ass right now. Hill has proven that he can fill in the void when Parker got injured. I don't hate TP or anything, but his commitment to international play is beginning to affect the Spurs right now

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Doesn't matter. If it would be so crystal clear, Manu would have already said no to the national team. There's no point in delaying the announcement if the decision has been made.

I thought Pop was pretty clear with what he said today. They'll do whatever they want and the team has to hope for the best.

People here talk all the time about under-the-table agreements, and there's really no such thing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Manu ends up going. I know he really wants to.

There's no reason for Manu to announce his intentions next week either, if he were going to play...

The Spurs can't say shit about what they want him (or Tony for that matter) to do. The PC police at FIBA went to court to make sure NBA teams couldn't even imply that they'd be pissed at player X for going to play international ball.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Parker won't play this summer - not sure about Manu but I doubt it because of his kids.

DAF86
04-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Parker won't play this summer - not sure about Manu but I doubt it because of his kids.

Personal opinion or info? Before this thread I thought had read an article in here saying that Parker already made his mind about playing in the WC.

carina_gino20
04-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Manu said in his shootaround interview that aside from the extension, he wanted to see commitment and effort from the Spurs to keep him. They did by offering him the max. I think he won't play. I hope he doesn't.

jimo2305
04-11-2010, 04:08 AM
This is precisely the reason we have to ship Parker's ass right now. Hill has proven that he can fill in the void when Parker got injured. I don't hate TP or anything, but his commitment to international play is beginning to affect the Spurs right now

yep that's what i said

raspsa
04-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Prolonged rest is the best possible remedy for Plantar Fasciitis IIRC. If Parker play for the NT, its likely we have a hobbled Parker next season. Maybe Parker doesn't mind since he thinks the Spurs will give him an extension anyway ala Manu?

Bruno
04-11-2010, 04:55 AM
There is something you guys don't get about Parker:
He wants to control his public communication.

He will decided when, where, to who and how he will announce his choice about French NT. IMO, just after the end of Spurs season, he wil made a press conference or have an interview with french media to say that he won't play and explain why.

All these little sentence means nothing at all and Parker likely won't play for the NT this summer.

stéphane
04-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Keyword being "want" but he won't.

xapatan2
04-11-2010, 05:15 AM
And a 3rd french flag poster in the row :
Parker won't play.
It's only com and nothing else.
Xap'

Bukefal
04-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Wow, I thought we were pretty sure after this unlucky season they both wouldnt go to play this summer, but after this it seems they both probably will play.

WalterBenitez
04-11-2010, 07:24 AM

I do agree, most of ARG's media is going in this way. Manu having twins is most important than FIBA's WC and that should be pointed out as the main reason.

Danny.Zhu
04-11-2010, 07:30 AM
come on.

Supreme_Being
04-11-2010, 09:21 AM
If ever he does play, then I reckon it's about time we trade his cheese-eating, ball-hogging, pudgy arse.

rascal
04-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow, I thought we were pretty sure after this unlucky season they both wouldnt go to play this summer, but after this it seems they both probably will play.

Manu will not play. He has a great reason/excuse with the birth of his twins.

rascal
04-11-2010, 09:45 AM

Agree.

Horse
04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I know they wanna play for their country but I kinda think we'd have another ring, if they never played international ball.

TIMMYD!
04-11-2010, 11:19 AM
If I was Tim, I would be mad like a motherfucker and ask them not to play.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 11:28 AM
There is something you guys don't get about Parker:
He wants to control his public communication.

He will decided when, where, to who and how he will announce his choice about French NT. IMO, just after the end of Spurs season, he wil made a press conference or have an interview with french media to say that he won't play and explain why.

All these little sentence means nothing at all and Parker likely won't play for the NT this summer.

Bruno, I think most people get that he wants to control the media on this. Most people also think based on his prior decision making he will play.

it's me
04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Personal opinion or info? Before this thread I thought had read an article in here saying that Parker already made his mind about playing in the WC.

timaios
04-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Bruno, I think most people get that he wants to control the media on this. Most people also think based on his prior decision making he will play.

Parker will be in a contract year, he can't take any risks. His body needs rest and he knows it... He will not play with the FNT this summer.

And next year, if Tiago Splitter is coming, the Spurs will have great chances for the title with a healthy big 3, an always improving George Hill, a 2nd year Blair and RJ & Dice having 1 year of "corporate knowledge".

I am pretty sure Parker will rest this summer.

Whisky Dog
04-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Parker's situation is more up in the air, he can't afford another subpar season because that could really affect his next contract. Manu just got paid so that's not the issue, although his issue would be that playing after getting the contract would be like slapping the Spurs in the face. I think they both skip.

Biggems
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I say let them play, but if they get injured, they have to forfeit a large portion of next season's salary, if at all possible to do that. I think the Spurs have been very fair in letting their players play internationally. However, now these players are coming back injured and hurting the team that pays them. So I say if they want to continue to risk injury elsewhere, they should be held accountable financially.

Mel_13
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I say let them play, but if they get injured, they have to forfeit a large portion of next season's salary, if at all possible to do that. I think the Spurs have been very fair in letting their players play internationally. However, now these players are coming back injured and hurting the team that pays them. So I say if they want to continue to risk injury elsewhere, they should be held accountable financially.

Not possible, the contracts are fully guaranteed and participation in FIBA tournaments is specifically allowed under the CBA. Not a damn thing any NBA team can do about it.

Bruno
04-11-2010, 12:02 PM

In that case, you should at least wait that Parker announces his choice before insulting him or not. Bashing a player for something that he could maybe do in the future is lame. Wait and see...

I'm convinced that he won't play. We will see this summer who is right.

Biggems
04-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Not possible, the contracts are fully guaranteed and participation in FIBA tournaments is specifically allowed under the CBA. Not a damn thing any NBA team can do about it.

that sucks

spursfan09
04-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Hopefully they do not play. I won't say anything about either player until I hear what they are going to do. I believe they both don't play though.

Bambililos
04-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I think none of them will play this summer. They both need the rest, for different reasons, and they know it better than us.
Trust them.

DJB
04-11-2010, 02:01 PM
No worries, he's getting traded anyway.

Chomag
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I think what will weigh heavily on their decision will be on how deep the Spurs go in the playoffs. If it ends early who knows. I however don't think they will, but if they do it would be rather upsetting.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
fuck parker up the AH if he plays this summer

Spurminator
04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
This is a political statement meant to convey no actual decision or meaning. Does anyone expect him to answer the question "Do you want to play in the World Championship this summer" by saying, "No, I do not want to play"? Of course not.

Players make decisions on their own time, not on the schedule of some reporter who asks them a question.

But I guess it makes good fodder for those predisposed to dislike everything Parker does or says these days.

kaji157
04-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Manu already got his contract extension, i think there are few choices. Either he plays and retires from the NT, or he doesnīt and commit to playing in 2011 (the pre olympic will be held in argentina) and 2012.

I would assume that given that Parker is playing, and that he has just had an agreement with SA, most likely that agreement involves the one of these two options that the team prefers. And i think the team will want him to skip this tournament as next year will be perhaps the last chance for a tournament. (after that Jefferson will expire)

On Argentina side, Delfino is having a great year so Manuīs position will be somewhat covered. Yet we have no sub-PG and Manu uses to handle that as well, Delfino also handles it quite fine. So i think Manu and the team will go with the, skip now and play later option.

ducks
04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Puck Farker :td

Reading between the lines, Manu ain't playing. Methinks that was also a condition from the Spurs for him to get the deal he signed this past week.

if manu did not want to he would have already said he would not be

parker wants to but I think he will look at his injuries and not play

ducks
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
If Tony decides to play given his health this year and how much time he needs to recover, then I'm sad to say I'm fully in the trade Tony camp.

No way should the Spurs risk potentially the last Duncan year on Tony being injured all season again.

I am against tony playing
but there is a risk in trading tony
spurs made a trade last year and rj did not fit in right away and still does not most of the time

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I am against tony playing
but there is a risk in trading tony
spurs made a trade last year and rj did not fit in right away and still does not most of the time

TP not listen to coach.

He just parties and makes face book. If he cared, he would just say no. He knows Spurs don't want him to play in the summer, but he says screw the team.

Maybe if they give him facebook account manager, he would focus on being healthy.

kuato
04-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Manu wants to play so hard , there is no comparison between playing with friends on a World Championship or playing with your colleagues on the league, you can't buy that experience, Manu respects the team and the coach but NT is a dream for any player, at least outside U.S.A.

santymrc
04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
The only way manu's gonna play for NT is if we end up winning it all. That's why he's waiting to the PO's end to give a word about it.
There's no read between the lines. It's the truth.
TP will likely play for his NT. French posters here doesn't want him to play, but he will imo.

Cherry
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM

On the contrary. Family is first.

I donīt know if somebody is pissed yet...mmm...let me check...

I donīt think so. Manu got his contract and his choice. The FO can do nothing.

We ARE understanding for a looong time. No matter what he wants to do.

True :lol

Hemotivo
04-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Tony Parker, Kobe, Turkoglu, Gasol, Scola, Bogut
cnK7FCGscPE

Mel_13
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
The only way manu's gonna play for NT is if we end up winning it all. That's why he's waiting to the PO's end to give a word about it.
There's no read between the lines. It's the truth.
TP will likely play for his NT. French posters here doesn't want him to play, but he will imo.

According to the article, Manu will announce his decision next week.

It was Tony who said that he will not make a decision until after the playoffs.

spursfan1000
04-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Parker just has not learned yet huh?

Kori Ellis
04-11-2010, 08:53 PM
It's like most people in this thread are missing the verb. Parker said he WANTS to play. Of course, he wants to play - Manu wants to play too... but that doesn't mean they plan on playing or that they will.

TD 21
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I think Parker is 50/50 (don't think the Spurs won't be in his ear about his impending free agency in a year, how an injury or a down season could impact how much and long they pay him, how it could be the team's last year to contend, etc.).

Ginobili, I'd be stunned if he played. If you don't think that the Spurs didn't tell him that he's not playing in this before giving him the contract they just gave him, then you're gullible (considering the rule that prohibits teams from doing so...just like teams can't tamper, even though it's well known that they do). There's no way they gave him that generous contract without getting assurances on this. Conveniently, he'll decide next week. Where did this come from? That wasn't the plan before he signed.

kaji157
04-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Manu wonīt play, simple as that. If he would, he should have confirmed it this week as all of our NBA players did.
He already gave many signs of that.

1- Signed a big contract with SA. (would be idiotic to think that SA gave the contract and told him to do what he wants, he can still screw them and play, but itīs not likely)

2- Talked about how the Olympic games are what he cares the most and that he wants to play them but cannot play Internationa every year.

3- Talked about how much he wants to play BUT itīs hard to let his wife alone with the twins.

4- All the NBAīs (Delfino, Scola, Nocioni, Oberto*) have confirmed that they will play last week.

*Oberto confirmed it but pending his heart tests he runs after each season to check on his heart disease.

urunobili
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Manu will announce he won't soon... though if the Spurs win it all and he's healthy he may ask to participate :)

rayray2k8
04-12-2010, 01:35 AM
These 2 need to get slapped across their heads.... Fuck summer bball. :td

kaji157
04-12-2010, 01:53 AM
I wouldnīt have a problem if Manu said "i will only go if i win it all". He would somewhat get the Spurs permission if he makes us win it all again.

NZ Spurs
04-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Fuck all of you selfish "there is no world outside of America", "we own player X,Y & Z because we pay them" pricks.

The very fact that you wish to deny anyone the great honor of representing their country is pathetic. I hope Manu goes to the world champs and the people of Argentina are allowed to enjoy the satisfaction and jubilation of cheering for their countrymen not because some rich business is paying them bucket loads of money, but because they truly believe in the spirit of what they are doing.

Those of you who believe Parker should rest to allow his long term ailment to heal I have some sympathy for.

Hemotivo
04-12-2010, 08:20 AM
The very fact that you wish to deny anyone the great honor of representing their country is pathetic. I hope Manu goes to the world champs and the people of Argentina are allowed to enjoy the satisfaction and jubilation of cheering for their countrymen not because some rich business is paying them bucket loads of money, but because they truly believe in the spirit of what they are doing.

:clap

Mel_13
04-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Fuck all of you selfish "there is no world outside of America", "we own player X,Y & Z because we pay them" pricks.

:lol

This POV would have some validity if not for the fact that most players won't participate in these tourneys unless they have a guaranteed contract in place.

If the players won't put country before their own self-interest why should the fans?

Hemotivo
04-12-2010, 08:28 AM

This POV would have some validity if not for the fact that most players won't participate in these tourneys unless they have a guaranteed contract in place.

If the players won't put country before their own self-interest why should the fans?

Manu has been playin' for Argentina all his life

Mel_13
04-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Manu has been playin' for Argentina all his life

And?

In every tourney since 2002, Manu has had a guaranteed NBA contract in his back pocket.

In principle, I have no problem with NBA players participating in FIBA events. The CBA guarantees their right to do so. The owners haven't done anything to change that fact in all the CBAs negotiated since the Dream Team in 1992.

I have a problem with people playing the patriotism card. As if fans that want their team's players to avoid NT play don't appreciate the honor of playing in such events or that the prestige of such events should be more important to those fans than the fortunes of their favorite team. As I said, such a POV would have some weight if more players were willing to play when then don't already have a guaranteed contract. It is just a tiny group of players who are willing to risk playing while they are FAs. Where's the patriotism then?

Hemotivo
04-12-2010, 08:49 AM
patriotism?

They are bball players, they love this game, we love this game

if they want to play, they should play

in the world cup, or anywhere

Mel_13
04-12-2010, 08:53 AM
patriotism?

If you're going take a position that has nothing to do with my post, it would probably be best that you not respond to my posts.

carina_gino20
04-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Those of you who believe Parker should rest to allow his long term ailment to heal I have some sympathy for.

Except that Manu is now 33. And the Spurs just paid him the max and took on the gamble that he will be healthy.

kaji157
04-12-2010, 11:44 AM

Well, then by that mean. Let Manu play and shut up.

Scola, Delfino and Oberto have already confirmed their precense and NONE of them have a guaranteed contract for next season.

Muser
04-12-2010, 11:56 AM

:lmao yeah let's just waste the last few years of us being able to get into the playoffs.

Mel_13
04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, then by that mean. Let Manu play and shut up.

Scola, Delfino and Oberto have already confirmed their precense and NONE of them have a guaranteed contract for next season.

Nice try.

There is about a 99.999% chance that Houston will tender the 4.1M Qualifying Offer to Scola. Worst case scenario for him is a one year, 4.1M deal.

Delfino is under contract for next year for 3.5M, of which 500K is guaranteed. He'll know by June 30th if the Bucks pick up his deal, but it's very likely that they keep him at that price.

Oberto is at the point in his career where offers above the vet minimum are unlikely. Even without a contract, he's not risking much.

Most importantly, today is April 12th and the tourney starts August 28th. Let's see how many players start play without a contract. If those three start the tourney without a contract, then I'll shut up.

kuato
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
patriotism?

The american concept of patriotism differs from ours