PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired of Anderson Silva

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 01:45 AM
If you want to call yourself the best ever, take the fight to your opponent when he doesn't take it to you.

Three fights in a row you've apologized to the fans. Quit apologizing and being such a pussy. You want to be known as the best? Don't let fights against also-rans go to the judge's scorecard.

Stringer_Bell
04-11-2010, 09:59 AM
If you want to call yourself the best ever, take the fight to your opponent when he doesn't take it to you.

Three fights in a row you've apologized to the fans. Quit apologizing and being such a pussy. You want to be known as the best? Don't let fights against also-rans go to the judge's scorecard.

I don't recall Silva ever calling himself the best, that's the media and Dana talking him up. His apologies are getting very old tho, and this last time he first acted sorry then changed his tune at the post-fight conference.

I also wouldn't call Maia an also-ran, he did his best and was even throwing punches while on his knees. He tried to fight, but Silva is intimidating as hell. There's a difference between not rushing Silva and backing away, and I don't really remember Maia backing away much. Silva was the dude not wanting to engage him on the ground, if he's so good he should have finished Maia where Maia is the best...submit/KO the BJJ guy on the ground to prove a point.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
100% agree' His hardcore fans are making excuses for him and i don't see why. You want to act like a clown join the circus. When you want to start fighting again

Let us know..

lebomb
04-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Man, Im so disappointed. What a waste of $55. Silva could have ended that fight whenever he wanted to, instead of clowning around.

polandprzem
04-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Man, Im so disappointed. What a waste of $55. Silva could have ended that fight whenever he wanted to, instead of clowning around.

We never know if he was able to finish this fight earlier. He might just be affraid to go ahead.

Cotte fight, Leites fight 5 rounds of misarable dancing.

You really opened your eyes just now?
I mean come on.

Dana probably threw many Fbombs during the conversation with Silva. What you want to do now? Go to HW? Okay, there is velasquez JDS, carwin Lesnar Mir.
yea probably he won't fight JDS, NOg as well.
he won't fight Machida cause he is his brother :rolleyes

polandprzem
04-11-2010, 10:42 AM
And a president of the company critiises his fighters? His champion?
I mean wow

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
We never know if he was able to finish this fight earlier. He might just be affraid to go ahead.

Cotte fight, Leites fight 5 rounds of misarable dancing.

You really opened your eyes just now?
I mean come on.

Dana probably threw many Fbombs during the conversation with Silva. What you want to do now? Go to HW? Okay, there is velasquez JDS, carwin Lesnar Mir.
yea probably he won't fight JDS, NOg as well.
he won't fight Machida cause he is his brother :rolleyes

You're right and the thing is he had it out with Silva big time after the Thales fight. Dana was saying they were about to have it out again but what good is that going to do? Silva certainly is not stupid. He knows what he is doing and he obviously does not care what Dana or the public have to say about it.. He offered apologies to nobody at the post fight press conference..

Stringer_Bell
04-11-2010, 10:57 AM
And a president of the company critiises his fighters? His champion?
I mean wow

Yes, it was that bad because there's guys that can only wish in their wildest dreams to fight on that big of a stage and yet Silva has made a mockery of it on more than one occasion. It was bully shit, and still feel bad for Maia but at least the crowd got behind him toward the end.

After Shogun beats Lyoto again, I'd like to see Lyoto extend a challenge to Silva based on showing the integrity of the martial arts that Silva has been making a mockery of. Let's see him dance around his "brother"...he basically made a fool of fighting in general, what makes fighting Lyoto any different at this point?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Dana needs to do one of two things to fix it:

1) put him in the ring with Machida. If he won't do it, then he's out of the UFC.

2) tell him he has to go up to heavyweight and give him the winner of Carwin-Lesner.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM

1) put him in the ring with Machida. If he won't do it, then he's out of the UFC.

If you thought last night was boring, Silva and Machida would be the worst fight in MMA history. 2 guys with elusive styles that have serious man love for eachother..

2) tell him he has to go up to heavyweight and give him the winner of Carwin-Lesner.

Would be interesting but unlikely. I think another fight at 205 is likely. Maybe someone like Rashad or Page. Maybe he gets the loser of their fight..

polandprzem
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
You're right and the thing is he had it out with Silva big time after the Thales fight. Dana was saying they were about to have it out again but what good is that going to do? Silva certainly is not stupid. He knows what he is doing and he obviously does not care what Dana or the public have to say about it.. He offered apologies to nobody at the post fight press conference..

You are right. This kind of style in fighting brings him wins. Unless somebody will find a reciept he will gonna fight like he is. From the distance and waiting for oppurtunity. Joking around and running away from opponents.

All in all figfht with machida would be the first time we gonna see Dancing with teh Stars in the cage.
You think they would dance rumba?

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 12:27 PM
All in all figfht with machida would be the first time we gonna see Dancing with teh Stars in the cage.
You think they would dance rumba?

:lol

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/wp-content/gallery/2009-10-14-jay-glazer/17_chuck_liddell.jpg

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Anderson-dances-2.gif

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Anderson-dances-1.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3653/3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
04-11-2010, 02:33 PM
dan migiroalita should have done something a lot sooner

Stringer_Bell
04-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I actually don't mind what he did in the first GIF, that's a pretty scary strategy to put in the ring cuz you have no idea what Silva is capable of. It would have thrown me off mentally if I was Maia and Silva could've beaten me up pretty easily. Alas, he didn't do shit after that.

jag
04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
how can you be mad at anderson? Maybe dana should stick someone in there with him that will actually fight him.

If Dana keeps throwing joke fights at him, he's gonna keep treating them like a joke.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 03:50 PM
IF Silva is not professional enough to take care of the fighter in front of him then he needs to retire.. He is killing his marketability with these antics..

jag
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
He's tired of getting joke fights. He doesn't give a damn about marketability. If the UFC is pissed about him clowning on everyone he fights, maybe they should stick someone in there who will challenge him.

Until then, you're gonna keep seeing this BS. Maia is no different than Leites. Maia couldn't even get past Marquardt.

Put him against Dos Santos, Pat Barry, Rampage, Wanderlei...just someone who will fight him. Dana is bringing this upon himself by putting him up against guys who don't belong in there.

polandprzem
04-11-2010, 04:39 PM
He's tired of getting joke fights. He doesn't give a damn about marketability. If the UFC is pissed about him clowning on everyone he fights, maybe they should stick someone in there who will challenge him.

Until then, you're gonna keep seeing this BS. Maia is no different than Leites. Maia couldn't even get past Marquardt.

Put him against Dos Santos, Pat Barry, Rampage, Wanderlei...just someone who will fight him. Dana is bringing this upon himself by putting him up against guys who don't belong in there.

Yea that's why he was running away from maia and didn't finish him in the first. Where is the sense?

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM

This makes no sense to me though. IF these guys are so lousy, why does he not just get rid of them fast? Dominant wins inspire people to see you face better fighters. What he did last night, just angers the masses and makes you look like a jerk. This is not Brock Lesnar shit-talking Mir post UFC 100. He did his job in the cage first. Silva seems to want to clown and fight at the same time. At times his antics seem more important to him than the fight itself. I don't care how bored he is, there is no excuse for dancing around for whole rounds while yelling at your opponent barely throwing a punch. No excuse at all..

I actually think Silva needs to leave MW now. HE has had 3 horrendous title fights in a row there. Go up to 205 and fight some elite strikers there. If the GSP fight is now out of the picture then 205 it should be for Silva. Enough with these horrible defenses he seems completely uninterested in..

The TroutBum
04-11-2010, 04:52 PM

This is just retarded on so many levels. I really had to look and make sure it wasn't Oligarchy posting.

Silva blows my taint. I can't wait until the day someone knocks his head off his shoulders.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 05:07 PM
This is just retarded on so many levels. I really had to look and make sure it wasn't Oligarchy posting.

Silva blows my taint. I can't wait until the day someone knocks his head off his shoulders.

:lol:lol:downspin:

jag
04-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I actually think Silva needs to leave MW now. HE has had 3 horrendous title fights in a row there. Go up to 205 and fight some elite strikers there. If the GSP fight is now out of the picture then 205 it should be for Silva. Enough with these horrible defenses he seems completely uninterested in..

why would the GSP fight be out of the picture now?

BlackSwordsMan
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I actually don't mind what he did in the first GIF, that's a pretty scary strategy to put in the ring cuz you have no idea what Silva is capable of. It would have thrown me off mentally if I was Maia and Silva could've beaten me up pretty easily. Alas, he didn't do shit after that.

no one is complaining about that it's what he did the next 4 rounds
jack shit

jag
04-11-2010, 05:15 PM
stick him against GSP...stick him against someone who actually matters. Maia, sonnen...etc are a joke

polandprzem
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
why would the GSP fight be out of the picture now?

Dana said he is not intrested and Silva does not deserves it. but may change his mind.

cornbread
04-11-2010, 06:07 PM
It's frustrating to watch arguably the most talented fighter in the game, fight nowhere near the potential he's displayed in the past. Glad I did not pay for this one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
stick him against GSP...stick him against someone who actually matters. Maia, sonnen...etc are a joke

If they don't matter, then why did the champ have to go to the judge's scorecard against them? Fucking nut up and knock the guy out or submit him.

Stringer_Bell
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Sonnen's been calling Silva out saying that he has a moral obligation to beat him up. If Sonnen can't make it competitive, there's no other option except for Vitor...now it's starting to make sense why Dana wanted that fight. Vitor wouldn't stand for that crap :p:

dbreiden83080
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Sonnen's been calling Silva out saying that he has a moral obligation to beat him up. If Sonnen can't make it competitive, there's no other option except for Vitor...now it's starting to make sense why Dana wanted that fight. Vitor wouldn't stand for that crap :p:

SIlva has to respect Vitor's striking, for sure. He put Rich's lights out just as fast as Anderson did. That's a decent fight for him maybe come summer time when Vitor is healthy. But it's a mess to sell Silva after this debacle..

CubanSucks
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Too bad Hendo isn't in the UFC anymore. I'd LOVE to see that again. Hendo is a flat out soldier with a HEAVY hand and a tucked chin that's hard to land a punch on. Not to mention his takedown that's already worked before. I'm gonna miss Henderson :depressed

dallaskd
04-11-2010, 11:05 PM

Number 2 is out. Dana has said many times that he will never fight at HW unless he cleans out the LHW division first. Silva and Machida will never happen. To good of friends.. guess we better throw him out then.. :rolleyes

CubanSucks
04-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Hopefully Dana gets on to him about not fighting Machida just like he ripped on the AKA welterweight trio for not wanting to fight each other

dbreiden83080
04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
It doesn't even matter that they are friends. Silva and Machida would be a horrible fight even if they were enemies. Elusive styles, equals boring and no action.

CubanSucks
04-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Funny video taken after UFC 101. It's just a shame what he says in the end isn't gonna happen

UTcrBOcWhWs

polandprzem
04-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I think this is the thread to put this

http://i44.tinypic.com/9fwkxx.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/Hankman_/Silva_Maia.gif

dbreiden83080
04-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I think this is the thread to put this

http://i44.tinypic.com/9fwkxx.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/Hankman_/Silva_Maia.gif

:lol