TP Hill RJ Dice TD

Manu, Blair, Bonner, temple, mason off the bench

or

TP Manu RJ Dice TD

Hill, Blair, Bonner, temple, mason off the bench

or

TP Temple RJ Dice TD

Manu, Hill, Blair, temple, mason off the bench

I want to say the third option is optimal, but i just can't see Temple being a starter.

Any other rotations?

Any thoughts?

Xevious
04-11-2010, 04:08 AM
The rotations should stay the same they've been over this successful stretch, only with Parker on the bench now.

Starters: Hill, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Duncan
Bench: Parker, Bogans, Blair, Bonner

I doubt Pop goes much deeper than a nine man rotation unless there are blowouts. Temple has don't a good job holding down the fort, but he's too green to jump into the playoffs this late in the game. And Mason should just be injury insurance.

draft87
04-11-2010, 04:39 AM
I know I just posted this in another related thread but just in case there are different readers, my question is:

Is Garrett Temple eligible for the playoffs?

I know there's a deadline for playoff eligibility of players acquired after clearing waivers...does that apply to D-League call ups? If so, I'm pretty sure we got him after the deadline.

If he's not eligible we really need Hill back and in shape/confident ASAP. Obviously George is important with or without Temple but you know what I'm getting at.....the possibility of a less than 100% Parker playing with a team who got used to George and then having no backup PG could really mess up the team chemistry and flow of the game.

Bruno
04-11-2010, 04:45 AM
All the 15 players on Spurs roster are playoffs eligible.

Waps1980
04-11-2010, 04:48 AM

Agree with that starting lineup

I think Temple has a spot marked for him, he's been playing great since starting, hitting 3's as much as anyone else in the team.
It will be only very limited minutes though as he will have Hill, Manu and TP in front of him.
If some one is struggling or not 100% he'll be in, so we need to keep him ready and keen.

Also add that having him start while Hill is out works well, it keeps the team similar as he plays similar to Hill, so once Hill is ready he'll be straight back in.

Looking at todays game Pop was running TP with the 2nd unit mostly hopefully this will continue, cos thats where the team needs Tony to play.

jiggy_55
04-11-2010, 05:00 AM
TP Manu RJ Dice TD

Hill, Blair, Bonner, temple, mason off the bench

I'm pretty sure this is the starting lineup Pop will go with in game 1, no matter the opponent.

I believe Temple will get few spot minutes in the playoffs since he's proved he can play and is making his 3's. The spurs could definitely use that with mason playing like crap, and with bonner you just never know what to expect. If Temple can shoot the 3 at a decent rate, he'll get some minutes. I don't expect to see Hairston or Mahinmi at all. Bogans will get some minutes for sure. Mason should not play meaningful minutes.

SpursFan0728
04-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Pops rotation (guess)
tony hill rj td dice

manu blair bogans mason

my ideal rotation

hill manu rj td dice
tony blair bogans mason

no way I think temple will have a crack at the rotation unless blowouts occur

jiggy_55
04-11-2010, 05:10 AM
If manu doesn't play with RJ, we'll get kicked out of the 1st round easily. Manu and RJ will start for sure. That leaves parker or hill? Pop's gonna go with parker for sure

mudyez
04-11-2010, 06:26 AM
hill, manu, rj, mcd, timmy
...works nicely and is pretty athletik

bench

tp, mason, bogans, bonner, blair
...shooters to stretch for parker and blair to take the garbage home

tat would be the two best lineups...the truth will be in between

WalterBenitez
04-11-2010, 07:05 AM
The rotations should stay the same they've been over this successful stretch, only with Parker on the bench now.

Bench: Parker, Bogans, Blair, Bonner

I doubt Pop goes much deeper than a nine man rotation unless there are blowouts. Temple has don't a good job holding down the fort, but he's too green to jump into the playoffs this late in the game. And Mason should just be injury insurance.

I like this one, paying attention to TP's stats, if he lose some stats I'd move as starter sending Manu to the bench.

timaios
04-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Enough with the stupid regular season lineups, it's the playoffs, you start your best 5 :

Tony - Manu - RJ - Dice - Tim.

There is 96 min at the 1 & 2 spot in one game, 96/3 = 32 min.
So, you can always have 2 of the Manu-Tony-George on the court at the same time. And you can have 8-10 more minutes of Manu or George at the 3 spot (you complete with some Bogans minutes).

mudyez
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Enough with the stupid regular season lineups, it's the playoffs, you start your best 5 :

Tony - Manu - RJ - Dice - Tim.

There is 96 min at the 1 & 2 spot in one game, 96/3 = 32 min.
So, you can always have 2 of the Manu-Tony-George on the court at the same time. And you can have 8-10 more minutes of Manu or George at the 3 spot (you complete with some Bogans minutes).

agree...there should always be a HARD ROTATION which you onle go away from if you need a scecial lineup in a certein situation (which only your 9th or 10th player can fill in) or in crap minutes

guards rotation:
toni, hill, manu -->96minutes

forwards:
rj, bonner, mason -->48 minutes (split on rj+the better fit on a certain team/situation)

inside:
timmy, duncan and the big fundametal
...ment timmy, dyess, blair -->96minutes

manu should have a lot of time with blair...maybe linking them to each other....same with tony and timmy

that said, it would be

2of
manu/blair ... tony/duncan ... hill/dyess

+ one of the rj/bonner/mason group