PDA

View Full Version : Lakers want to avoid spurs in 1st round

SinBAD
04-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Kobe returned today to help the lakers beat the blazers.I can see this happening for 1 of 3 reasons or maybe all of them.
1-avoid first round match up against the spurs
2-give the lakers a mental advantage when they open the first round agasint the blazers
3-have home court against the magic

for the first time in my life i'm rooting for the lakers.
go Kobe!

SpursFanInAustin
04-11-2010, 03:07 PM
OKC and the Lakers are the only teams who the Spurs didn't lose the season series to in the West right? (playoff teams)

If the Spurs beat Dallas Wednesday, they'll be another.

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
lets hope lakers get this one.

pookenstein
04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I just tried to cheer for the fakers but I simply can't. It's impossible. As soon as I see Gasol I want to puke. Same with Fisher, Kobe and Artest.
If only both teams could lose that game...

silverblk mystix
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
go blazers....

bring on the lakers

Ditty
04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I hate LA but rooting for them to murder the blazers tonight i even rooted for the mavs last season at the last game of the season to beat the rockets so when the spurs beat the hornets they would win the southwest title

jiggy_55
04-11-2010, 03:44 PM
OKC and the Lakers are the only teams who the Spurs didn't lose the season series to in the West right? (playoff teams)

You forgot Denver. And the Dallas series isn't over either.

DPG21920
04-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I just hope the Spurs play the Nuggets in the first round. They are still going to be very tough because we have no answer for Melo, but I would rather them than LA or DAL. Don't know how realistic it is that we end up against them.

spursfaninla
04-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Today's Lakers/Portland gave is very instructive.

1) four of the five starters played 19+ minutes at the half and lead by 1.

This reinforces that the Lakers staff feel the lakers need to get a sweat on, need to really gel. They want this game for chemistry purposes.

2) The Lakers without Bynum have an insubstantial bench.
The minutes above reinforce this. Further, the scoring outside of the starters is anemic. The two backup pg's are mostly for defense, although they can shoot the 3. They appear to be shooting poorly.

there you go.

itzsoweezee
04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Lakers eeking out a win against a Blazers team playing without Roy is the best possible outcome. Lakers will have absolutely no confidence and the Blazers will be stuck at the 8 seed. So far so good, except for the fact that the Fakers are even losing to a Roy-less Blazers team right now.

I'm not so sure playing the Fakers in the first round is a bad idea. Everything about that team is mediocre.

Xevious
04-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, don't get excited yet. Blazers are making it a game.

itzsoweezee
04-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Lakers really suck. Can't wait till the playoffs.

BillMc
04-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I can't root for the Lakers either....

But that said, nothing about this team is mediocre except their drive. Other than Kobe and perhaps Fisher, they're head cases. Gasol, Odom and (when playing) Bynum lose focus and we all know Artest can be a major distraction.

That said, don't let this weak ending fool you guys. They are very talented and very tall. They did this last year in the playoffs - drifted - against Houston and Denver but refocused when it mattered and won the championship. They've got the West locked up, they can't catch Cleveland, and keeping ahead of Orlando apparently isn't worth the bother. Motivation and focus are gone, but will return in the playoffs.

I am a huge Spurs fan and would love to beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but its a bit foolish to wish to see them. They are still the most talented team in the league, with a hell of a coach. I do think the Spurs can beat them, but there are easier opponents.

That said, if we get them, kick their asses.
Just my 2 cents...

BillMc
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
This all coming from a fan rooting for a team that can barely make the playoffs.

Actually, I gave quite a lot of praise to your team, but I stand by what I say.

Mal
04-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Gimme that Laker

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
no team wants to avoid the Spurs dummy...Spurs are the easiest of the 8 teams to beat out West :elephant

easy7
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
This all coming from a fan rooting for a team that can barely make the playoffs.

:lmao Teams that barely made the playoffs are tapping that ass left and right...

easy7
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
no team wants to avoid the Spurs dummy...Spurs are the easiest of the 8 teams to beat out West :elephant

The easiest team to beat is the one that chokes and has no idea of what it takes to win a championship. :hat

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
The easiest team to beat is the one that chokes and has no idea of what it takes to win a championship. :hat

4-1 dummy...pray that you avoid the Mavs cause that's ya only chance to advance. :elephant

gm5k
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
"Lakers want to avoid spurs in 1st round"

the last play Jackson just drew up for Gasol says otherwise :lol

DJ Mbenga
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
looks like the lakers want an old team

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
The sad thing is...you probably actually believe this...is there any sport you have knowledge of?

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
"Lakers want to avoid spurs in 1st round"

the last play Jackson just drew up for Gasol says otherwise :lol
That play was drawn up for Fisher...they couldn't get the ball to him, and Kobe was blocked under the basket. The only guy who could get away was Gasol..it was good defense. And the Lakers don't want the Spurs, just like the Spurs don't want the Lakers...but as a fan, I want the Lakers...I really feel we have their number.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 05:23 PM
This all coming from a fan rooting for a team that can barely make the playoffs and yet won the season series against LA, culminating with an ass beating.

silverblk mystix
04-11-2010, 05:26 PM
nice win for the blazers...I want the lakers...bring them on

last years lakers team was the most overrated team to win a title---due to ;

A) Utah ALWAYS bends over for the lakers...they SEEM to act tough against everyone else---but as soon as the playoffs against the lakers start ---they bend over and spell the word: R-U-N?

B) Yao Ming injury

C) Denver not mentally tough----plus NBA refs

D) Jameer Nelson coming back too soon---Coach Fuckup Van Gundy---destroying Rafer Alston---after Alston had helped Orlando get to the finals...

THIS YEARS LAKERS TEAM

has needed at least a half dozen or so of Kome's last second shots---after being gifted a 2nd or 3rd chance by the refs...

and now 3-6 in the last nine games....kome is gimpy----has no lift---no bynum...

this is a team that EVERYONE---should be HOPING to play in the first round....

but ---call me crazy---and keep running in fear of the great big bad lakers...ooooh...

temujin
04-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Sure,

and Stern will let the defending champions Los Angels team disappear in the first round....

silverblk mystix
04-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Sure,

and Stern will let the defending champions Los Angels team disappear in the first round....

you don't get it....it won't be THAT close...spurs will dominate....besides stern is putting his bets on lebron this year...

Spurminator
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Derek Fisher fucks us again...

easy7
04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
4-1 dummy...pray that you avoid the Mavs cause that's ya only chance to advance. :elephant

I thought it was 4-0 :lmao
:lobt2:

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
The Los Angles Sterns aren't going to be booted first round.

Spurs Brazil
04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of play LA in the 1st round. They're playing terrible now

hunterxaz
04-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of play LA in the 1st round. They're playing terrible now
So are you. :lol

spursfan1000
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I can tell you right now that every team in the West playoffs becides Dallas want to avoid us in the 1st round.

spursfan1000
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM

They are but true champions come alive in the playoffs. :flag:

lefty
04-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Phoenix suns announcers just said: " The Lakers do not want to face the Spurs in the 1st round "

ohmwrecker
04-11-2010, 09:18 PM
The Suns are afraid of the Spurs, were not. This will be an easy series like always.:lmao
The Spurs are the ONLY team in the west the Lakers do not want to want to play. No other team has as good of a chance to knock out the Lakers as the Spurs. The Blazers and Thunder could give the Lakers a tough series, but they can't win. The Spurs can beat them and they know it.

shingo_318
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it...

bring on the lakers...

admiralsnackbar
04-12-2010, 06:33 AM
The Lakers are a formidable team, but the overall strength of their starting five is compromised by the abject weakness of their bench -- they're only an injury to one of their starters from a fishing trip.

That's not to say they don't deserve the respect of being favored to win as last year's champions, but it does limit the extent to which I can honestly say the Spurs haven't a chance against them.