PDA

View Full Version : Huge Game -- Raptors vs Bulls 6:00pm ET

D2Procon
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
This game can determine who the #8th seed going to be. Raptors do have the tie breaker.

crc21209
04-11-2010, 04:00 PM
The game to determine who's going to get swept in the 1st round....yipeee...:lol

ffadicted
04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Go Raptors Go!! I want the bulls in the lottery so they can keep getting better and younger, and add DWade this offseason with Rose and Noah :hat

poop
04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
this means nothing

itzsoweezee
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Lol. two shitty teams fighting it out for the 8 seed in the east is NOT a big game.

Jeremy
04-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm rooting for a Suns-Bulls Finals rematch.

TheSullyMonster
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm rooting for a Suns-Bulls Finals rematch.

If this happens, I'll actually bother with a sig, and make it anything you say for a season.:lol
:toast

noob cake
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
This game can determine who the #8th seed going to be. Raptors do have the tie breaker.

Who is that in your sig?

BanditHiro
04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
wow i knew this thread was going to get trolled on

resistanze
04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Toronto is a God-awful defensive team.

resistanze
04-11-2010, 05:53 PM
And Jarrett Jack is so much better than Calderon it's not even funny.

Muser
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Toronto is a God-awful defensive team.

That's what you get when you draft Bargnani.

san antonio spurs
04-11-2010, 06:03 PM
And Jarrett Jack is so much better than Calderon it's not even funny.

As a scorer no doubt. But not as a play maker. Also Jose's B Ball IQ seems higher. Jack is a SG in a PG body.

Bob Lanier
04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
So I guess Turkoglu's first triple-double of the year will come in losing the most important game of the season for Toronto (assuming, as you shouldn't, that they really care about winning). Fitting.

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Toronto can win this game if they can keep Amir Johnson on the court for 20 minutes or so and Weems stops chucking so badly.

D2Procon
04-11-2010, 06:30 PM
The game to determine who's going to get swept in the 1st round....yipeee...:lol

Bulls are 2-2 against the Cavs....

Bob Lanier
04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
:lol

The funny thing is that the Raptors aren't even that much better with Bosh in the lineup, since he's an even worse defender than Bargnani.

baseline bum
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Raptors should lose this game so they can get a slightly higher draft pick to replace Bosh.

baseline bum
04-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Go Raptors Go!! I want the bulls in the lottery so they can keep getting better and younger, and add DWade this offseason with Rose and Noah :hat

I would think a decent showing against Cleveland would be a lot more enticing to Wade than a pick 1 slot higher.

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 06:38 PM

The Bulls swapped picks with the Bucks.

Bob Lanier
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Calderon-Jack-Weems-Turkoglu-Bargnani?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wnmC2Fejdv4/ST9ukN8bGmI/AAAAAAAAAAc/G2eY0GJEzxY/s1600/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

Jeremy
04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
So I guess Turkoglu's first triple-double of the year will come in losing the most important game of the season for Toronto (assuming, as you shouldn't, that they really care about winning). Fitting.

What makes you think he's going to get 10 points? lol.

resistanze
04-11-2010, 06:46 PM
As a scorer no doubt. But not as a play maker. Also Jose's B Ball IQ seems higher. Jack is a SG in a PG body.

Not sure about BB IQ. He loves taking gambles on the defensive end and has this terrible tendency to be passive in the wrong situations.

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Raptors with 4 guards + Bargnani on the floor... and Bargnani ends up matched up with Rose. This team can be hilarious.

san antonio spurs
04-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Not sure about BB IQ. He loves taking gambles on the defensive end and has this terrible tendency to be passive in the wrong situations.
Well I'm glad you're not arguing the fact that he's a better play maker and involves his teammates better. He definitely sees and commands the floor better than Jack which is why I said he has a higher B Ball IQ.

Regarding his defensive issues, his B Ball IQ isn't at fault, what he lacks in strength and quickness he tries to compensate by taking those gambles. He's a bad defender, but like Nash his B Ball IQ isn't to fault.

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Jack isn't much better defensively than Calderon anyway. I agree he's more of a short 2 guard, if Jack is playing starting minutes for your team there's a good chance you're in deep trouble. Calderon is a better PG but you need to surround him with defensive+creative wings to be successful.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-11-2010, 07:12 PM
The Bulls swapped picks with the Bucks.

Did they really? Damn, Milwaukee really got a great under the radar deal at the deadline.

san antonio spurs
04-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Jack isn't much better defensively than Calderon anyway. I agree he's more of a short 2 guard, if Jack is playing starting minutes for your team there's a good chance you're in deep trouble. Calderon is a better PG but you need to surround him with defensive+creative wings to be successful.

I agree

Bob Lanier
04-11-2010, 07:17 PM
What makes you think he's going to get 10 points? lol.
Yeah, seems I was a bit off about that. How an NBA player who's known only to play on one end of the floor ends up with 19 rebounds, 9 assists, and 6 points is beyond me.

resistanze
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Well I'm glad you're not arguing the fact that he's a better play maker and involves his teammates better. He definitely sees and commands the floor better than Jack which is why I said he has a higher B Ball IQ.

Regarding his defensive issues, his B Ball IQ isn't at fault, what he lacks in strength and quickness he tries to compensate by taking those gambles. He's a bad defender, but like Nash his B Ball IQ isn't to fault.

I would agree Jack is a more of a SG in a PG's body, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has higher BB IQ. Yes, Calderon lacks lateral quickness but I don't know why that would be a justification for his needless gambles. He's a sieve on the defense end and I've always thought he was better in stretches (off the bench).

Anyways the Raptors as a whole has big defensive issues, it's not only on Calderon's feet.

san antonio spurs
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I would agree Jack is a more of a SG in a PG's body, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has higher BB IQ.
You can tell by watching the two play, but again... it's a subjective quality, so we may not agree :lol

Yes, Calderon lacks lateral quickness but I don't know why that would be a justification for his needless gambles. He's a sieve on the defense end and I've always thought he was better in stretches (off the bench).
I wasn't defending him, I was explaining why he's forced to gamble on defense. He's guarding people who are most of the time stronger and faster than he is.
He might be a good bench player, but that would mean having a better alternative in the starting lineup... and the raptors don't have that.

Anyways the Raptors as a whole has big defensive issues, it's not only on Calderon's feet.
I completely agree