PDA

View Full Version : B-Roy is probably out so the Spurs have a good shot at 6 or 7

tlongII
04-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Brandon Roy's injury is pretty bad imo. I think we'll be lucky if he's not done for the playoffs. The injuries we've suffered this year are ridiculous.

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
i didnt see it. was it really that bad?

jason1301
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh man, I hate when things like that happen, B Roy is one my favourite players to watch. Let's hope he comes soon.

Shank
04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
MRI tonight. Says the knee "doesn't feel right at all".

I didn't see it, either. Was it that bad?

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Brandon is one of the best players in the league, and seems like a decent guy. Hopefully he gets better soon.

tlongII
04-11-2010, 07:28 PM
MRI tonight. Says the knee "doesn't feel right at all".

I didn't see it, either. Was it that bad?

Actually the incident didn't look that bad, but the info coming out isn't good.

poop
04-11-2010, 07:46 PM
the Blazers are a cursed team, nobody get the injuries/busts they have had throughout the years by chance, every one of their main players plus their coaching staff injured this year....now their star player AGAIN...haha just quit now.

DJ Mbenga
04-11-2010, 08:07 PM
looked like banging knees, turns out it could be worse.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Lakers are trying to take out the competition early..Hill and now Roy..

spursfan1000
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Hopefully Roy comes back and Blazers play Lakers in first round to give them a good challenge.

Tmac&Luther
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Drafting Gred Oden and passing up Kevin Durant is KILLING that team. Now Roy is out, would've been nice to have Durant pick up the load.

Russ
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
The injuries we've suffered this year are ridiculous.

Don't worry, Bill Walton's foot's getting better. :)

spursfan1000
04-11-2010, 08:18 PM

no kidding, Oden has been hurt every year and Pryszbilla out also, Blazers would be so much better if they could have them too back, and now its as bad as it can get Brandon Roy gets hurt one week before playoffs.

raspsa
04-11-2010, 08:19 PM
To go deep into these POs you have to be good, you also have to be lucky in terms of playerrs not getting injured primarily..

BronxCowboy
04-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I was watching the game this afternoon, except for a few minutes when I went to the kitchen; how the hell did I miss that? That's too bad, hope he has a speedy recovery.

DJ Mbenga
04-11-2010, 08:26 PM

dont worry walton is genetically transfered that bad luck to luke and the lakers

Sisk
04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
being a blazers fan must be so depressing.. yall are literally cursed with injuries

exstatic
04-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I was watching the game this afternoon, except for a few minutes when I went to the kitchen; how the hell did I miss that? That's too bad, hope he has a speedy recovery.

It originally just looked like he banged knees with another player. He even played for a bit. Then he went to the locker room and never returned.

angelbelow
04-11-2010, 09:35 PM
quality post from tlong

poop
04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
the Blazers are a cursed team, nobody get the injuries/busts they have had throughout the years by chance, every one of their main players plus their coaching staff injured this year....now their star player AGAIN...haha just quit now.

Mavs<Spurs
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually the incident didn't look that bad, but the info coming out isn't good.
:depressed:bang:(
I'm sorry to hear that. Brandon Roy is one of the very best players in the whole league and seems to be a great guy ! The injuries that you all have suffered are ridiculous. Blazers would be contenders if they were healthy. I am sorry. I hope that Roy and the other Blazers get healthy soon.

Best wishes.

Robert

:flag:

cnyc3
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
i feel bad for the blazers.. kudos to them for playing well despite all the injuries. Get well soon Broy!

Juanobili
04-11-2010, 10:19 PM
The Blazers could be so damn good by now if these injuries never happened. Greg Oden has yet to play a full season. I feel bad for them. But I hope they have an injury free season next year.

OrEmuN
04-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Blazers should hire the Phoenix Sun's medical team. They will make the team good again.

Then again, we also need our players to be healthy too.

kaji157
04-11-2010, 11:08 PM

The rockets might Disagree with you.

ducks
04-11-2010, 11:14 PM
would durant be the player he is had portland picked him

spursbird
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Drafting Gred Oden and passing up Kevin Durant is KILLING that team. Now Roy is out, would've been nice to have Durant pick up the load.
Don't forget Michael Jordan.:toast

LakerHater
04-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Brandon Roy's injury is pretty bad imo. I think we'll be lucky if he's not done for the playoffs.

Damn, you'd hate to see that this late in the season from one of your star players, I really do hope its not too serious!!

androck
04-12-2010, 12:09 AM
That's a shame. Brandon Roy is fun to watch and has a different game from pretty much every other SG in the league.

ducks
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
he is done

NFGIII
04-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Torn meniscus and he thinks he will play in the post season since the Trailblazers docs said he can't do anymore damage. Saw NBA Fastbreak and Legler thought this was really foolish. He has had all 4 torn - two in both knees - and thinks Roy should sit out the post season and have it fixed. He believes that Portland isn't going to go far so why risk further injury and possibly cut short his career.

I agree. Sit and get it fixed. This idea about not doing more damage is suspect. If I was him I'd go get a second opinion before making that decision. There is way too much risk and very little reward IMHO. Roy needs to think more aobut his future rather than getting to the second round where he will most likely exit.

if he plays and does more damage to his knee then that team willl really be cursed!

50 cent
04-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Imagine how good the Blazers would be if they had taken Durant. They deserve whatever they get.

honestfool84
04-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Imagine how good the Blazers would be if they had taken Durant. They deserve whatever they get.

or Michael Jordan. :king

baseline bum
04-13-2010, 01:05 AM
I hope Roy's not stupid enough to try to play through that. I still shudder at the thought of the Spurs having a coach who would have let Tim play in 2000 with the same injury. After seeing Grant Hill destroy his career after his fucking retarded coach let him go out and prove how tough he was, I don't want to see the same happen to another of my favorite young players. I think McMillan's smart enough to not risk Roy's career over one postseason.

NFGIII
04-13-2010, 02:15 AM
I hope Roy's not stupid enough to try to play through that. I still shudder at the thought of the Spurs having a coach who would have let Tim play in 2000 with the same injury. After seeing Grant Hill destroy his career after his fucking retarded coach let him go out and prove how tough he was, I don't want to see the same happen to another of my favorite young players. I think McMillan's smart enough to not risk Roy's career over one postseason.

I hope so too. I remember the GH episode in Detroit. I thought that was really crazy - kinda like the North Dallas Forty movie when they shot up their star running back in the hamstring to deaden the pain only to see him rip it during the game.

I'm selfish and want to see him play for years to come. Hope he sits this post season out. And I believe that Nate will do just that. They're not going anywhere this post season so why risk Roy just to try ot get to the second round?