PDA

View Full Version : DPOY -who will this travesty go to this year??

poop
04-11-2010, 07:53 PM
so based on the 'stats' looks like Dwight Howard is gonna be 2-time DPOY...who do you think this tainted award is going to this year? Lebron James maybe? LMAO

honestfool84
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
another quality post by poop.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Orlando is an elite defensive team..so it's not just a stat-based award like it was when Camby won it..well deserved for D12..

poop
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM

haha and 100% of your 'posts' are dedicated to disparaging others, you are a worthless poster

honestfool84
04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
haha and 100% of your 'posts' are dedicated to disparaging others, you are a worthless poster

nah, just you usually.

Russ
04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
so based on the 'stats' looks like Dwight Howard is gonna be 2-time DPOY...who do you think this tainted award is going to this year? Lebron James maybe? LMAO

It is a bit of a joke, isn't it. :toast

NFGIII
04-11-2010, 08:35 PM
^

If this site is really interested in raising the bar then this isn't how it is done. All I get from this is negativity. All you have to do is look at the title and see a single word - travesty - to know that. Howard is probably the winner and a very legit canidate. If he winns then it isn't a travesty, he deserves it. I'd love to have him on the Spurs and so would Pop and Co.

I'd like to see threads that bring a sense of positivity going into the POs. Since none of the Spurs should be considered for the DPOY why even post this? This isn't Spurs related so this needs to be transfered to the NBA.

poop
04-11-2010, 08:35 PM
nah, just you usually.

nope, all your posts are some smug cut at someone else, so you = a worthless asshole.

Ice009
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
If DH12 get it then that is two for him.

How in the fuck does Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen have zero?

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Obviously Duncan and Bowen deserved DPOY, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Howard..

Howard isn't Camby where his only D is stats, or Kobe where his defensive accolades are due to reputation..he's clearly a defensive powerhouse..

TD 21
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
You're right, it doesn't have anything to do with Howard, but it's still annoying. In his prime, Duncan was easily a better defender than Howard. Anchoring all time great defensive teams, yet he never won it, why? I guess you have to be physically imposing to win this award and/or be overly emotional, which apparently gives the impression that you're a better defender than you actually are. Duncan and Bowen were the two best defenders in the league for a long time and neither has won this award. That right there tells you it has no credibility.

poop
04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
You're right, it doesn't have anything to do with Howard, but it's still annoying. In his prime, Duncan was easily a better defender than Howard. Anchoring all time great defensive teams, yet he never won it, why? I guess you have to be physically imposing to win this award and/or be overly emotional, which apparently gives the impression that you're a better defender than you actually are. Duncan and Bowen were the two best defenders in the league for a long time and neither has won this award. That right there tells you it has no credibility.

thank you.

please dont let 'honestfool84' see this, he will cut you down as well.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
^

If this site is really interested in raising the bar then this isn't how it is done. All I get from this is negativity. All you have to do is look at the title and see a single word - travesty - to know that. Howard is probably the winner and a very legit canidate. If he winns then it isn't a travesty, he deserves it. I'd love to have him on the Spurs and so would Pop and Co.

I'd like to see threads that bring a sense of positivity going into the POs. Since none of the Spurs should be considered for the DPOY why even post this? This isn't Spurs related so this needs to be transfered to the NBA.
You know what? I agree with this... :toast

Ice009
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Obviously Duncan and Bowen deserved DPOY, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Howard..

Howard isn't Camby where his only D is stats, or Kobe where his defensive accolades are due to reputation..he's clearly a defensive powerhouse..

I didn't say Dwight doesn't deserve it, but I am pissed that Tim and Bruce have zero.

poop
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Bruce Bowen was the best perimeter defender in the NBA for years on end...shut down star after star..won multiple NBA Championships...blocked 'Mr.Big Shot's' reigning Finals MVP Chauncy Billups' final game-tying-shot out on the operimeter in GAME 7 on the NBA FINALS in 2005...shut down LEBRON FUCKING JAMES in the 2007 FInals on route to the first Finals sweep in a dozen years...Tim Duncan won Multiple Championships and Finals MVP's whilst anchoring the league's best inside defense for years on end....

yes NEITHER of them EVER won DPOY...meanwhile 'shotblocker on the mediocre clippers' Camby won TWO DPOY's....ron 'empty stats'Artest won a DPOY... Kevin 'Trade me to a contender' Garnett went to a team manufactured by the league to rehash the LAKER-CELTICS finals put up 16 and 9 and won the DPOY... dwight 'PURE ATHLETICISM SHOTBLOCK OUTMOF BOUNDS WITH DRAMA INSTEAD OF JUST GRABBING IT' Howard won 1 and and soon to be TWO DPOY...
'

HAHAHAHAH WHAT A FUCKING JOKE

TIMMYD!
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I still think Bruce and Tim have been fucked in the ass multiple times with the DPOY.

z0sa
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
The problem with this award is, good defense is hard to quantify and it's even harder when you can't watch all the best defenders every possession they play. Some, like Kobe, don't play hard defensively most of the time but because they can step it up to a different level, get more recognition than they deserve.

exstatic
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Howard's a shot blocker. If you want to nullify him completely, put him in the P'n'R, where his defense can only be described as Shaq-like.

honestfool84
04-11-2010, 11:44 PM
nope, all your posts are some smug cut at someone else, so you = a worthless asshole.

the only time they are "smug cut" at someone else is when they're being purposefully stupid. :lol

thank you.

please dont let 'honestfool84' see this, he will cut you down as well.

who did i cut down? all i said was "another quality post by poop". it's not like you usually post great stuff.

congrats on one other great post. :tu

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Howard's a shot blocker. If you want to nullify him completely, put him in the P'n'R, where his defense can only be described as Shaq-like.

Howard and Shaq's pick and roll D isn't comparable at all IMO, not even close..

Howard is clearly the defender with the most impact in the NBA, no argument..

J_Paco
04-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Howard is the best defensive big man in the NBA, although Kendrick Perkins, Andrew Bogut and Timmy Duncan are very good defensively as well.

Oh, and Camby won just one DPOY with Denver, they were one the worst defensive teams in the L though, not with the Clippers. Garnett deserved his DPOY award, but his win also shows how the media has contradicted itself with who is deserving of the award. Ben Wallace robbed Duncan and Bowen of at least one DPOY each. Especially, during his last season in Detroit when his numbers when down across the board yet he was still given the recognition.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2010, 01:59 AM

Did you seriously just accuse someone of being overzealous in their attacks on other people on this board?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jfa1723l.jpg

---

Moreover, this thread is not as accurate as it has been in years past. Dwight Howard is actually playing defense this year, and playing it pretty well -- the Magic have been 2nd or 1st in Opp. FG% in the NBA for most of the season. This is the same category Spurs fans used to point to when we had our best defensive years, it above all else was the stat we looked at as a gauge for how our guys were playing.

Honestly, if Howard isn't the DPoY this year, then who is?

jesterbobman
04-12-2010, 05:17 AM
It should be Howard. Just because Tim and Bruce were robbed doesn't mean that it should be made up by Tim getting one now, or Howard getting robbed.

easy7
04-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Who will you give it to? To give it to Bogans will be an even bigger travesty.

mountainballer
04-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Gerald Wallace?

Bobcats are one of the top teams in almost every defensive category (#1 in points allowed). and Wallace is their best perimeter defender and he is the (by far) best defensive rebounder of all SFs in the league. (plus an above average shot blocker for a SF)

for me it's between Wallace and Howard.

temujin
04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
It is a joke: they don't even consider the Centerpiece!!!!

Ice009
04-12-2010, 08:37 AM
It should be Howard. Just because Tim and Bruce were robbed doesn't mean that it should be made up by Tim getting one now, or Howard getting robbed.

I don't give a crap who wins it. Tim and Bruce should have 1 or 2 of these.

What I was saying by that comment is that basically this award is a joke and I'm not real interested in it. Thread should be posted in the NBA forum.

I didn't say Tim should get one this season. Looking at previous winners should basically tell you this award is rubbish for most of this decade.