PDA

View Full Version : If OKC beats Portland, and we win out...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
....we nail the 6th seed right?

Mel_13
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
....we nail the 6th seed right?

yes, but if Portland wins while we beat Minny then we can't finish 8th.

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
yeah

sa_kid20
04-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Correct.

sa_kid20
04-11-2010, 10:49 PM
yes, but if Portland wins while we beat Minny then we can't finish 8th.

Exactly. The only way the Spurs finish 8th is if they go 0-2 these last two games.

Sisk
04-11-2010, 10:52 PM
The west is stupid close, but talk about a HUGE loss for the thunder

cheers to them..

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Exactly. The only way the Spurs finish 8th is if they go 0-2 these last two games.

we can go 1-1 and still finish 8.

if okc beats portland tomorrow and then portland beats GS and we split the next 2 games.. then we will be in a tie with portland which would put us at the 8th spot.. unless OKC loses to memphis then its a 3 way tie and okc will get the 8..

that make sense? :lol

HarlemHeat37
I'm not really going to cheer for either team tomorrow..whatever happens, there's positives regardless of the winner of their game tomorrow..

Mel_13

No.

OKC beats Portland and Memphis 51-31

Portland loses to OKC and beats the Warriors 50-32

Spurs go 1-1 and finish 50-32, lose tiebreaker to Portland and finish 8th.

To avoid 8th: beat Minny and pull for Portland and then the Spurs can't finish lower than 7th.

edit: Designated T types faster

baseline bum
04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice. I didn't see that loss coming at all for OKC.

sa_kid20
04-11-2010, 10:56 PM

if okc beats portland tomorrow and then portland beats GS and we split the next 2 games.. then we will be in a tie with portland which would put us at the 8th spot.. unless OKC loses to memphis then its a 3 way tie and okc will get the 8..

that make sense? :lol

Yeah my bad :lol

I kinda relized that the second after i pressed "submit" hahaha. I was like "oh wait."

Pauleta14
04-12-2010, 06:29 AM

if okc beats portland tomorrow and then portland beats GS and we split the next 2 games..

That's what's scares me the most, it's a REALLY realistic scenario...

I think that our best hope to have a shot at a championship run is to finish 6 and avoid Lakers or Mavs in the 1st round (although I would love a revenge against the Mavs...)

raspsa
04-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Let's just hope the Spurs make the most of their last 2 games and let the chips fall where they may as regards to seedings.. it would be nice to carry some momentum into the POs.

Warlord23
04-12-2010, 08:07 AM
If the Lakers are to be beat this year, it will have to happen early in the playoffs when Bynum is still rusty and their backcourt is playing inconsistent ball. If LA makes it past the first 2 rounds, I don't really see them being beaten in the WCF, even if we somehow make it that far. Which means the first round is the most likely stumbling block.

LA feasting on the inexperienced and error-prone Thunder is just going to give them more rest and a chance to get Bynum up to speed. I'd rather us or the Blazers take a shot at LA in round 1. If we don't beat them now, we sure aren't beating them in the WCF.

dbreiden83080
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Spurs just need to take care of their business and let it fall where it falls..

rascal
04-12-2010, 11:16 AM
That's what's scares me the most, it's a REALLY realistic scenario...

I think that our best hope to have a shot at a championship run is to finish 6 and avoid Lakers or Mavs in the 1st round (although I would love a revenge against the Mavs...)

OKC will not beat portland. OKC will be 8th, they are already feeling the pressure.

VBM
04-12-2010, 11:27 AM
If the Lakers are to be beat this year, it will have to happen early in the playoffs when Bynum is still rusty and their backcourt is playing inconsistent ball. If LA makes it past the first 2 rounds, I don't really see them being beaten in the WCF, even if we somehow make it that far. Which means the first round is the most likely stumbling block.

LA feasting on the inexperienced and error-prone Thunder is just going to give them more rest and a chance to get Bynum up to speed. I'd rather us or the Blazers take a shot at LA in round 1. If we don't beat them now, we sure aren't beating them in the WCF.

For the sake of argument, if Hill is out for the first two games of the 1st round, do you still want LA?

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
For the sake of argument, if Hill is out for the first two games of the 1st round, do you still want LA?

I had a question off topic, I was wondering when you win whataburger for a year(saw in your sig) is that like once a week or month or something? I find it hard to believe that they will let somebody go there whenever they please.... lol I have always wondered about this.

sa_kid20
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I had a question off topic, I was wondering when you win whataburger for a year(saw in your sig) is that like once a week or month or something? I find it hard to believe that they will let somebody go there whenever they please.... lol I have always wondered about this.

Dude I've always wondered the same thing :lol

Somebody please shed some light on this!!

Blackjack
04-12-2010, 12:28 PM
VBM looks to be more cunning than clutch; way to avoid the DQ, even while going double fry. :lol

VBM
04-12-2010, 01:02 PM

You get 52 coupons for a "free whataburger." For some reason they assume that one whataburger a week is all someone needs...FALSE!

Also, a free whataburger does not include cheese, an extra patty (if you like the double whataburger) or fries on the side.

VBM
04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
VBM looks to be more cunning than clutch; way to avoid the DQ, even while going double fry. :lol

The camera guy next to me yelled at me to do it as time was winding down. I wasn't paying attention to the guy I was going against, but I assumed it was close.

VBM
04-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Finally, I didn't realize how Phil Mickelson-esque that victory jump was...FAIL on my part.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/040412_mickelson1.jpg

Jimcs50
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I am going to let fate decide.

Dex
04-12-2010, 01:53 PM

:tu

VBM
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM

Honestly, no matter how it plays out, we'll have reasons to feel good and reasons to feel nervous about any potential series. At the end of the day we have the pieces to take down any team. Just need them to be able to take the court (see George Hill) and/or be able to resemble someone with more skill than your average YMCA chucker (see Roger Mason).

Fpoonsie
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM

:lol

I thought this was all nonsensical THC ramblings until I saw VBM's response to it.

Simply figured Blackjack had finally gone off the deep end.

cash459
04-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Congrats to VBM on Whataburger for a year. :toast I recently won burgers for a year up here in Austin; but not for perfomring in a contest, but rather eating (which I guess is a sort of contest) a 10 patty burger. & my reward was a little better, I won 2 burgers a week for a year. :toast

(sorry for the thread hijack) just thought id share my story too :lol

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats to VBM on Whataburger for a year. :toast I recently won burgers for a year up here in Austin; but not for perfomring in a contest, but rather eating (which I guess is a sort of contest) a 10 patty burger. & my reward was a little better, I won 2 burgers a week for a year. :toast

(sorry for the thread hijack) just thought id share my story too :lol

10 patties.... :wow

what restaurant was this at??

narmerguy
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
I'd rather have the Lakers first round. Let's get this over with, we'll have to beat them no matter what and we have a better chance now then later.

TampaDude
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM

^ this

jestersmash
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd rather have the Lakers first round. Let's get this over with, we'll have to beat them no matter what and we have a better chance now then later.

The problem is that assumption is just not necessarily true.

The converse isn't necessarily true either, though (that is, it's not necessarily the case that we'd have an easier time beating them LATER versus NOW)

There are too many variables.

The only thing we definitively know is in the past parker has been instrumental in destroying derek fisher, multiple times.

Ginobili went off on a hot streak for the last game, yes, but there's no telling if that will be the case next time.

Parker, however, has proven in the past to consistently destroy fisher. He's one of our most consistent and proven assets against the lakers, and in that regard I feel like facing them later might be better.

But again it's impossible to tell, literally. Maybe the benefit of having parker "up to speed" (by playing the lakers later versus first round) is mitigated entirely by a healthy bynum.

Nobody knows...

The only certain thing is, it's completely uncertain.

cash459
04-14-2010, 05:32 AM
10 patties.... :wow

what restaurant was this at??

At a restaurant called Elevation Burger. All organic, grass fed cows/meat.