PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be rooting for tomorrow Blazers or Thunder?

Boss
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Portland has the tie breaker on the Spurs and the Spurs have the tie breaker over Thunder.

If Portland beats OKC (and assuming we beat T-wolves) Spurs will finish no lower than the 7th seed. And probably end up as 7th seed.

If OKC beats Por we could be the 6th seed if we win r last 2 but could drop to 8th by losing the finale w/ Mavs.

So who we gonna root for?

tlongII
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Blazers

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Portland. no way do we want to finish 8th.

and maybe GS can pull a miracle off like they did tonight.

tothrowed
thunder

Amarelooms
If the Mavs have the 2nd seed locked up before the last game...expect the Mavs to sit all starters and allow the Spurs to win.

:elephant

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 11:31 PM
If the Mavs have the 2nd seed locked up before the last game...expect the Mavs to sit all starters and allow the Spurs to win.

they wont have it locked up.

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Probably unless the Jazz lose to Golden State....

Sisk
04-11-2010, 11:35 PM

:bking

DAF86
04-11-2010, 11:36 PM
If we win both, it's better that the Thunder win. That way we end up 6th and the Lakers get to face the Blazers.

If we split, a Blazers win it's better so we don't end up 8th, although the Lakers don't look too scary right now.

shingo_318
04-11-2010, 11:37 PM
i'll root for the one who has more points to make me feel better...

spectator
04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
1. rooting for POR

2. they will have it locked if DEN wins out. good news that b-roy is back for the PO. otherwise, DAL might play their starters so that they get a depleted POR team instead of the spurs.

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 11:41 PM
:bking

:troll

Supergirl
04-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Okc

spectator
04-11-2010, 11:51 PM
the only benefit derived from having the 6th seed (for those rooting for OKC) is that in the second round, we may have home-court advantage if no 7 beats no 2. otherwise, there is nothing to it. the 2-3 seeds are playing pretty much the same right now and will likely beat OKC anyway. i see no gain in rooting for OKC.

Beaverfuzz
04-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Rooting for Portland...if Portland wins and SA wins tomorrow night, SA isn't playing LA until the Finals.

Whatever scenario has SA playing Dallas, that's what I'm looking for (2/7 or 3/6).

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm not really going to cheer for either of them, but if I had to pick, it would probably be Portland..it'll be tough for them to win without Roy though..

Hopefully the Spurs can just take care of their own business..

Amarelooms
04-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Rooting for Portland...if Portland wins and SA wins tomorrow night, SA isn't playing LA until the Finals.

Whatever scenario has SA playing Dallas, that's what I'm looking for (2/7 or 3/6).

want to lose in the 1st round again? :elephant

daslicer
04-12-2010, 12:15 AM
want to lose in the 1st round again? :elephant

You really are an obsessive front running fag which will make it more fun to see how you flame out when the Mavs inevitably go down in the playoffs.

silverblk mystix
04-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Portland has the tie breaker on the Spurs and the Spurs have the tie breaker over Thunder.

If Portland beats OKC (and assuming we beat T-wolves) Spurs will finish no lower than the 7th seed. And probably end up as 7th seed.

If OKC beats Por we could be the 6th seed if we win r last 2 but could drop to 8th by losing the finale w/ Mavs.

Whichever gets us to play the lakers.

As a matter of fact----the BEST chance the spurs have of getting to the second round---is to play the lakers. Call me crazy---but you heard it here first.

anonoftheinternets
04-12-2010, 12:37 AM
i want the spurs to play dallas at 2nd seed so bad ... knocking them out of the PO would be satifying....not to mention, we wudnt have to face LA till the WCF.

FeZZy
04-12-2010, 12:44 AM
anything that doesn't make us the 8th seed

itzsoweezee
04-12-2010, 12:46 AM
OKC

rather play the nuggets or lakers than the mavs

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-12-2010, 12:55 AM
thunder because they are going to winnnnnnnnn

slayermin
04-12-2010, 01:06 AM
The seeding thing really doesn't matter unless you believe in the NBA conspiracy.

At most, the Lakers will finish eight games better than the Spurs in the final standings. And we all know that they aren't really eight games better than the Spurs at this point in the season.

The only way I would fear the eighth seed is if the NBA did favor the top seeds in each conference by favoring them on top of their home court advantage. I guess that is a very real possibility with the Donagy thing.

But of all the seasons I have witnessed, this year especially, you can throw seeding out the window. The only tangible advantage, imo, is home court.

Ditty
04-12-2010, 01:18 AM
i want the spurs to play dallas at 2nd seed so bad ... knocking them out of the PO would be satifying....not to mention, we wudnt have to face LA till the WCF.

spurs beating the mavs would be the biggest disaster in mavs fans history the mavs could not say anything to spurs fans anymore because we would of beat them in the playoffs and the famous word spurs always use to mavs fan

i would still go with denver in the 1st round but would be excited to see a mavs spurs series but would be really upseting for the spurs to lose to the mavs 2 years in a row if mavs do end up beating the spurs

kaji157
04-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Okc, because we own the tiebreaker against them.

kaji157
04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
The seeding thing really doesn't matter unless you believe in the NBA conspiracy.

At most, the Lakers will finish eight games better than the Spurs in the final standings. And we all know that they aren't really eight games better than the Spurs at this point in the season.

The only way I would fear the eighth seed is if the NBA did favor the top seeds in each conference by favoring them on top of their home court advantage. I guess that is a very real possibility with the Donagy thing.

But of all the seasons I have witnessed, this year especially, you can throw seeding out the window. The only tangible advantage, imo, is home court.
I think some teams get a stronger home court advantage than others.

jiggy_55
04-12-2010, 02:38 AM

This is actually a tough one :s. We'd all like the 6th seed since it seems Denver may end up there and that's looking like a good match-up for us in the 1st round. However, as you said, that scenario will need an OKC win tonight and for the Spurs to beat both MIN and DAL. There is a risk of falling to 8th in this scenario with 1 loss only.

The other scenario ensures us the 7th spot, and it looks like that is a great scenario too. Getting the 6th spot would be quite the lucky scenario, chances are very slim. In this case you avoid the Lakers bracket, but could end up against DAL in the 1st round.

And to be honest, I'm not sure what looks better :s. 6th place would be nice, but a win against DAL would not be easy, thus a possible drop to 8th place. And with Roy out it certainly looks like OKC can win, meaning 6th won't be out of reach, but a fall to 8th is entirely possible. On final thought, I think I'd like to ensure 7th spot, so I guess I'm rooting for the Blazers tonight.

Kpowr4ever
04-12-2010, 02:55 AM
It's simple. We win out and take care of our business.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Go Spurs Go!

vander
04-12-2010, 04:02 AM
I don't want to play dallas

whatever it takes to avoid Dallas

ffadicted
04-12-2010, 04:05 AM
I don't want to play dallas

whatever it takes to avoid Dallas

We're playing Dallas no matter what, no way around it

vander
04-12-2010, 04:10 AM
We're playing Dallas no matter what, no way around it

I think other teams can beat Dallas, like Oklahoma City, Phoenix, etc

but not the Spurs

JustinJDW
04-12-2010, 04:41 AM
I'll be rooting for Portland. If Portland wins and we beat the T-Wolves, AND WE SHOULD, then we can't get 8th Seed and we can't face the Lakers until the Western Conference Finals.

PLUS, I really want OKC to face the Lakers in the 1st Round. We know Portland can't beat the Lakers in a Series when Kobe is playing, but I believe OKC can beat anyone in a Series because those young kids are going to be hyped us hell for making the Playoffs and will give it their all. They just have so much energy.

As for who the Spurs play in the Playoffs, it really doesn't matter, as long as we are healthy. Although everyone should want to face the Nuggets instead of the Mavs. Yeah, I would like revenge too, but lets face it, Dirk kills us.

I would love to face the Nuggets in the 1st Round and see OKC take a shot at the Lakers.

ffadicted
04-12-2010, 05:03 AM
I think other teams can beat Dallas, like Oklahoma City, Phoenix, etc

but not the Spurs

Oh I agree completely, I'd take anyone but the Mavs... I'm just saying with the schedule of all teams remaining, it's gonna be hard NOT to play the mavs

mountainballer
04-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Roy won't play against Thunder. might also be bad news for the Spurs.

Spurious
04-12-2010, 05:17 AM
In order of preference, I'd rather play (1) Denver; (2) LA; or (3) Dallas. But from what I gather (seems to change by the day), that's the opposite of what's likely to happen. So I'll just shut up, sit back and hope for things to fall into place...then root like mad for the Spurs, regardless of the outcome. My main goal is to see SA draft last in the first round.

Kamnik
04-12-2010, 05:28 AM
Blazers... It is almost completely irrelevant if you are 6 or 7 seed; you just want to get healthy through some easier opponents before facing the Lakers.

Hill should be healthy and Parker in better rythm before we smash the Lakers' dreams.

jiggy_55
04-12-2010, 05:50 AM
What would the Mavs have to play for against the Spurs if they win tonight? Do they not clinch 2nd place with a win today against LAC?

jiggy_55
04-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Blazers... It is almost completely irrelevant if you are 6 or 7 seed; you just want to get healthy through some easier opponents before facing the Lakers.

Hill should be healthy and Parker in better rythm before we smash the Lakers' dreams.

It's not irrelevant! Unless you consider the two possible match-ups, DEN and DAL, as equal competition for the Spurs.

Muser
04-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Probably gonna be Dallas, Denver would be awesome though.

TJastal
04-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Hoping for an OKC win personally. Portland has a great chance to knock off the lakers in the 1st round, while OKC would give them a good run but probably fall short.

That probably gives the spurs the #6 seed (OKC would be #7) and what looks like a 1st round matchup with Denver, which looks good right now (if we are judge the nuggets on last nights' game)

TJastal
04-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Just read that Roy will be out tomorrow so hopefully the spurs take care of business at home and OKC takes care of the Roy-less blazers

rascal
04-12-2010, 08:49 AM
I'll be rooting for Portland. If Portland wins and we beat the T-Wolves, AND WE SHOULD, then we can't get 8th Seed and we can't face the Lakers until the Western Conference Finals.

PLUS, I really want OKC to face the Lakers in the 1st Round. We know Portland can't beat the Lakers in a Series when Kobe is playing, but I believe OKC can beat anyone in a Series because those young kids are going to be hyped us hell for making the Playoffs and will give it their all. They just have so much energy.

As for who the Spurs play in the Playoffs, it really doesn't matter, as long as we are healthy. Although everyone should want to face the Nuggets instead of the Mavs. Yeah, I would like revenge too, but lets face it, Dirk kills us.

I would love to face the Nuggets in the 1st Round and see OKC take a shot at the Lakers.

OKC won't beat anyone in the playoffs. They are not ready to win a playoff series yet.

nkdlunch
04-12-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm only worrying for Spur vs. Wolves. then let the chips fall where they may

jestersmash
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Are you guys joking about Dallas?

We played them when we were playing some god awful ball. We won the first meeting (barely), and they won the next two meetings (barely)

They won 99-94, and 112-103 where they scored 42 points in the 4th quarter.

This is...not something to be feared.

Granted, the nuggets are certainly the golden matchup in this entire scenario. 6th place (with nuggets at 3rd seed) is very ideal, but if we ended up 7th against dallas, it's nothing to sweat about.

Not only did they barely squeak by us when we were playing terribly, they have been playing medicore for the last month and a half, having faced only 6 or so good teams (and having lost 4 of those games, with 2 wins coming against...the nuggets, and one barely against portland)

The spurs strength of schedule has been infinitely higher than Dallas, and we're the better team going into the playoffs because of it.

The only real spurs killers dallas ever had were devin harris and josh howard.

DAF86
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
I think we will end up playing Utah. I don't know what to think of it.

in2deep
04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Are you guys joking about Dallas?

We played them when we were playing some god awful ball. We won the first meeting (barely), and they won the next two meetings (barely)

They won 99-94, and 112-103 where they scored 42 points in the 4th quarter.

This is...not something to be feared.

Granted, the nuggets are certainly the golden matchup in this entire scenario. 6th place (with nuggets at 3rd seed) is very ideal, but if we ended up 7th against dallas, it's nothing to sweat about.

Not only did they barely squeak by us when we were playing terribly, they have been playing medicore for the last month and a half, having faced only 6 or so good teams (and having lost 4 of those games, with 2 wins coming against...the nuggets, and one barely against portland)

The spurs strength of schedule has been infinitely higher than Dallas, and we're the better team going into the playoffs because of it.

The only real spurs killers dallas ever had were devin harris and josh howard.

you realize they played us also before their huge trade. They are a way better team than when they faced us.

I'm not too worried about Dallas though. Butler + Haywood won't make such a differenct. What I am worried about is Kidd, we have noone to stop him and he is an assassin. He would be the difference maker in that series.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Hoping for an OKC win personally. Portland has a great chance to knock off the lakers in the 1st round, while OKC would give them a good run but probably fall short.

That probably gives the spurs the #6 seed (OKC would be #7) and what looks like a 1st round matchup with Denver, which looks good right now (if we are judge the nuggets on last nights' game)

+1, this would be the best case IMO..Spurs getting the 6th seed vs. Denver and LA having to play Portland would be beautiful..

VBM
04-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm rooting for Portland. I still say LA - OKC would be entertaining as hell. Durant can go shot for shot with Kobe, Westbrook can run circles around Fisher, and they have athletes to contend with Odom. Gasol would have a field day, but I'm not sure LA is disciplined enough to make him the focal point

Mel_13
04-12-2010, 11:42 AM
+1, this would be the best case IMO..Spurs getting the 6th seed vs. Denver and LA having to play Portland would be beautiful..

Best chance for that to work includes Denver winning tonight and tomorrow while Dallas takes care of business against the Clips.

In that case Dallas clinches the 2 seed and has nothing to play for Wednesday. Then Spurs beat Mavs and get 6th. Lose, they probably get 8th.

Trimble87
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
I think the better question is who would you rather play LA in the first round: Portland or OKC? I think they both have a shot at beating LA, but personally I would rather see a Thunder vs Lakers first round series... So I will be rooting for the Blazers for sure.

Hopefully the Spurs will take care of business these last tow games and us falling to the 8th seed will be impossible... hopefully.

scottspurs
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm rooting for a Thunder win in Quadruple Overtime. Spurs win out and they will be the 6th seed and play Utah/Denver/Phoenix/Dallas. Who cares lets start this already.