PDA

View Full Version : Is Pop giving anyone the night off against Minnesota?

draft87
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
?

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I would assume that he doesn't..

Unlike Memphis, Minnesota doesn't have much talent on their team..the Spurs should have no problem blowing them out if they can come out focused, which will allow Pop to rest Duncan and others in the 2nd half..

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-12-2010, 12:16 PM
i would hope not...pop should learn by now that any team in the NBA is capable of beater any other team IMO...

silverblk mystix
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
yes,

he SHOULD rest TD AND manu and Dice & RJ....

then wait for the lakers....

lefty
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Playing Minnesota is a night off to begin with......

Drom John
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Every plays.
12 guys get 20 minutes.

braeden0613
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
yes,

he SHOULD rest TD AND manu and Dice & RJ....

then wait for the lakers....
I still don't understand this mindset. :bang

dbestpro
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM

sarcasm..........:hat

polandprzem
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
IMO he should rest himself.

silverblk mystix
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM

it's called ---seeing things as they really are---calling a spade a spade---

meaning that the BEST chance that the spurs have of getting to the 2nd round is to play the LAKERS!---who happen to be in as bad a shape as anyone--going into the playoffs---

believe me---the lakers are praying for this;

that they can squeeze by the first two rounds WITHOUT any big battles---so that Kobe and Bynum can have extra time to heal---and for their team to get back in a groove that they had a couple of months ago---

they do not want a first round TEST....

everyone here thinks that the LONGER you avoid them ---the easier the path will be----

but Dallas/Denver/Phoenix/Utah---are NOT pushovers and ---back to the lakers----

the OPPOSITE IS THE TRUTH----the LONGER you wait to play them---the BETTER--prepared THEY will be....

think about it ----BEFORE---just assuming that AVOIDING them is the easiest path.....

Ditty
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM

meaning that the BEST chance that the spurs have of getting to the 2nd round is to play the LAKERS!---who happen to be in as bad a shape as anyone--going into the playoffs---

that they can squeeze by the first two rounds WITHOUT any big battles---so that Kobe and Bynum can have extra time to heal---and for their team to get back in a groove that they had a couple of months ago---

everyone here thinks that the LONGER you avoid them ---the easier the path will be----

but Dallas/Denver/Phoenix/Utah---are NOT pushovers and ---back to the lakers----

the OPPOSITE IS THE TRUTH----the LONGER you wait to play them---the BETTER--prepared THEY will be....

think about it ----BEFORE---just assuming that AVOIDING them is the easiest path.....

i rather not go against the defending champions and go against the best player in the nba and a coach that has won 10 championships they kicked are butts twice this season also this would be very dumb sistuation unless u want a long summer like last year

silverblk mystix
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
i rather not go against the defending champions and go against the best player in the nba and a coach that has won 10 championships they kicked are butts twice this season also this would be very dumb sistuation unless u want a long summer like last year

You got that BACKWARDS----geez.....

THEY would rather NOT go into the playoffs against the BEST player in the NBA ---RIGHT NOW= Manu!

and they are BANGED UP!....they have no rhythm...no bynum...kobe is injured....no bench.....

spurs NEED to play L.A. to advance easier to the next round....

can ANYONE see this???

can everyone NOT see this?????

in2deep
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I thought the best player in the NBA was Lebron?

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
no way anybody sits out this game. besides hill of course. I wouldnt be surprised to see Tony back in the SL either. any news on that?

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2010, 04:41 PM

:wow:wow:wow

the crimson blur
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM

He isn't even the best player on his team.

Boss
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Remember the Nets game when we rested Manu? Spurs r going to treat this like a must win, If we wanted to get the Lakers in the 1st round we would of started resting guys a long time ago. The last game of the season is on Wednesday and our first playoff game will be either Sat or Sunday, so rest shouldn't be an issue.

m33p0
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
if i were the lakers and have to face the spurs in the first round, i'd call it unfair.

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 06:00 PM
the lakers will be a totally different team once the playoffs start. people wanting them in the first round are delusional.

TIMMYD!
04-12-2010, 06:03 PM
the lakers will be a totally different team once the playoffs start. people wanting them in the first round are delusional.

No doubt, they are just fucking around right now.

IronMexican
04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
if i were the lakers and have to face the spurs in the first round, i'd call it unfair.

Believe me, the Lakers aren't thinking that.

anonoftheinternets
04-12-2010, 06:19 PM

if you think this years spurs are an easy out you have another thing coming.

DPG21920
04-12-2010, 06:25 PM

How do you know for sure? Do they call you at home?

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Whatever he ends up doing, it will the wrong thing to do.

OrEmuN
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
IMO he should rest himself.

+1

I think Bud did a good job last time round

DJ Mbenga
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
the spurs 2nd squad can probably beat the wolves. even tanking can backfire

Josepatches_
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM

Easy.If you are afraid of them it's because you believe Lakers are the best of team of the west.They are going to be in the WCF anyway .

I'm sure players like Tim or Manu will be better in the first round than
begining of the playoffs than 12-14 games later . (Tim's numbers are going down every week since January).Bynum will be out of rythim......

We have more chance to defeat them now.We saw that in 2008.We were exhausted in the WCF.Now 2 years later our big3 isn't younger.

I don't mind if we are out in the first round or the second round.I only want to win the championship.If we can't do it then I don't see why to play more playoff games is good for us.The fact is that it will be even worse if players like Tony or Manu are going to be in the World Championship.

To win 2 series to lose with the Lakers or to lose with the Lakers now it's the same for me.There's not tittle anyway. We aren't the Mavs or the Suns.We have 4 tittles.We aren't playing to pass one or two series.

To advance to the finals If you are 8th you will face the lakers and one between the 2nd and the 3rd seed at worst scenary.But if you are 6th or 7th easily you could face all the 3 best records of the west.

braeden0613
04-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Ehh that's pretty questionable...oh well we won't be playing them anyway

Pero
04-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't mind if we are out in the first round or the second round.I only want to win the championship.If we can't do it then I don't see why to play more playoff games is good for us.The fact is that it will be even worse if players like Tony or Manu are going to be in the World Championship.

To win 2 series to lose with the Lakers or to lose with the Lakers now it's the same for me.There's not tittle anyway. We aren't the Mavs or the Suns.We have 4 tittles.We aren't playing to pass one or two series....

:tu