PDA

View Full Version : Obama hates mothers with cancer or government run health care is bad idea.

jack sommerset
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
A South Florida mother has been denied surgery that could possibly save her life.

Diana Smith, 28, was diagnosed with leukemia last July and was supposed to receive a bone marrow transplant on Tuesday at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

In February, the community helped Smith raise over $133,000 for the transplant, however, when JMH needed Medicaid to sign off on the procedure to cover any unexpected fees, Medicaid said Smith's income was too high to qualify, and therefore canceled the bone marrow transplant because Smith was receiving money from social security to assist her and her son Cameron. "I offered it back to them, and they said, it's too late at this point, don't know where else to turn to, and I'm out of time," said Smith.

Local politicians are now coming to her aid. "She's done so much to help herself, now it's time for the government to respond," said Senator Dave Aronberg.

Smith is extremely grateful for the community's help. "It's been tough," Smith said. "It's been tough, and I'm thankful that everybody has come to my rescue once again. Hopefully, this will bring attention to the people in Tallahassee to work with the people in the Social Security office."

Jackson Memorial Hospital's deadline is Monday at noon for the issue to be resolved, or at least give local leaders an extension on time to find a solution.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI84140/

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
How is this Obama's fault?

coyotes_geek
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
DEATH PANELS! :madrun

Wild Cobra
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
How is this Obama's fault?
Because he wants to increase government controlled health-care. His fault will be for future cases. This example is a warning of things to come.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Because he wants to increase government controlled health-care. His fault will be for future cases. This example is a warning of things to come.So this isn't Obama's fault at all.

Wild Cobra
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
So this isn't Obama's fault at all.
No it isn't. However, if medicare is any example of things to come, who's fault will it be then?

balli
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
God you fucking retards. You right wing fucking losers are bitching and moaning, ostensibly, that government run healthcare is the problem because they aren't providing enough of it, for free, to this woman.

First off, I don't see any private entity hooking this woman up, so you're proposing what exactly? That dying in the gutter with no help from private corporations is better than not qualifying for medicaid for because you make too much money?

Second, this new bill expands Medicaid. I don't know what the numbers are, but per chance, "Obama's" healthcare plan might prevent this sort of thing from happening. Actually it will. So be happy.

If you can't do that, pull your ass retarded heads out of your clueless, festering assholes.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
nm

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
No it isn't. However, if medicare is any example of things to come, who's fault will it be then?You should probably get the name of the program right first.

Wild Cobra
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
You should probably get the name of the program right first.
Ooops...

I see you change your other post to "nevermind."

I was going to explain it, but I guess you see the estimate vs. possible real costs.

TeyshaBlue
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
A South Florida mother has been denied surgery that could possibly save her life.

Diana Smith, 28, was diagnosed with leukemia last July and was supposed to receive a bone marrow transplant on Tuesday at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

In February, the community helped Smith raise over $133,000 for the transplant, however, when JMH needed Medicaid to sign off on the procedure to cover any unexpected fees, Medicaid said Smith's income was too high to qualify, and therefore canceled the bone marrow transplant because Smith was receiving money from social security to assist her and her son Cameron. "I offered it back to them, and they said, it's too late at this point, don't know where else to turn to, and I'm out of time," said Smith.

Local politicians are now coming to her aid. "She's done so much to help herself, now it's time for the government to respond," said Senator Dave Aronberg.

Smith is extremely grateful for the community's help. "It's been tough," Smith said. "It's been tough, and I'm thankful that everybody has come to my rescue once again. Hopefully, this will bring attention to the people in Tallahassee to work with the people in the Social Security office."

Jackson Memorial Hospital's deadline is Monday at noon for the issue to be resolved, or at least give local leaders an extension on time to find a solution.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI84140/

This has about zero to do with Obama, or the recent passage of the healthcare clusterfuck.
I'm pretty sure this scenario is played out daily with the current system and pretty well illustrates all that is broken with contemporary healthcare in America.

IMHO, the only way out of this is single payor. But, the pinheads in congress couldn't be bothered to pull together and pass it.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Ooops...

I see you change your other post to "nevermind."

I was going to explain it, but I guess you see the estimate vs. possible real costs.No, that wasn't it.

Thanks for nothing.

boutons_deux
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM
There's nothing new here.

If your income is over a threshold/month, you don't qualify for Medicaid.

I see nobody questions the cost of $133K being insufficient for the procedure.

The "death panel" is the for-profit health care system pricing itself out of the reach of gouged citizens in order to pay itself exorbitant revenues.

She should get her sick ass to India, England, France, and get it done for 1/3, fucking over the greedy US system.

MiamiHeat
04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Should I go pull up articles about private insurance companies doing the same thing, and even worse?

spursncowboys
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
MiamiHeat: the private co. are to make a profit. I find no problem with that instead of not getting care because you didn't fill out the right forms, go to the right person or know the right person.

Shastafarian
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
MiamiHeat: the private co. are to make a profit. I find no problem with that instead of not getting care because you didn't fill out the right forms, go to the right person or know the right person.

Seriously? I think we should all take a step back and let you rethink this.

George Gervin's Afro
04-12-2010, 07:06 PM

he's serious

George Gervin's Afro
04-12-2010, 07:07 PM
why does jack hate intellectual thought?

George Gervin's Afro
04-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Should I go pull up articles about private insurance companies doing the same thing, and even worse?

admiralsnackbar
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM

:lol