PDA

View Full Version : The likely season award winners baring something really strange in the final 3 days

Goran Dragic
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
MVP - Lebron James. No one can really challenge him here. Best player on the best team automatically makes you a candidate, when you're also the best player in the league it makes you a shoe in.

DPOY - Dwight Howard. Had an almost identical defensive season to last year, as did the Magic. No one really emerged as a challenger to him (similar to Lebron), so it's probably gonna go to him again, and he deserves it.

ROY - Tyreke Evans. This is somewhat up in the air though. Jennings has the argument that he's the one candidate on a playoff team and Curry has been the best rookie in the 2nd half of the season, but numbers make it so Evans probably wins.

6th man - Jamal Crawford. Not even a question, Crawford has better numbers than any other 6th man and is the 2nd leading scorer on a 50 win team. Shouldn't be particularily close.

MIP - George Hill. For this there's really no front running candidate, there's a good amount of guys who have a chance, but I'd give it to George Hill. He needed to step up big since Parker hasn't been right all season and he did. Scores way more points this year at a way higher %.

COY - Scottie Brooks. Another one that won't be competitve. No one expected 50 wins from OKC and Brooks has them playing great as a team on both sides of the court. They've done nothing but improve since he took over for Carlesimo.

GMOY - John Hammond. Had the best off season of any GM after 2009. Knew the team was going nowhere with Jefferson as the leader so he traded him for expiring contracts so it would become Boguts' team, one of which ended up being a valuable veteran big on the team. In 2 seasons as GM he has them as the 2nd best defensive team in the league with a good core to build around. Sam Presti isn't a candidate because its' not a cumulative award.

Post your award choices here.

Kai
04-12-2010, 05:13 PM
6th man - Jamal Crawford. Not even a question, Crawford has better numbers than any other 6th man and is the 2nd leading scorer on a 50 win team. Shouldn't be particularily close.

MIP - George Hill. For this there's really no front running candidate, there's a good amount of guys who have a chance, but I'd give it to George Hill. He needed to step up big since Parker hasn't been right all season and he did. Scores way more points this year at a way higher %.

Carl Landry is still on the ballot, he came off the bench in more than enough games to be eligible for the award. Whether or not the voters will vote for him is a different story.

George Hill? are you kidding me? There are like 5 players more deserving, especially Aaron Brooks. George Hill has done way too little too late, although he did have a good run (for like 2 weeks?).

badfish22
04-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't say COY isn't competitive. Scott Skiles has dealt with injuries to two star players and his team continues to perform better than anyone had expected. They are 4-0 since Bogut went down, if I am not mistaken.

Muser
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Carl Landry is still on the ballot, he came off the bench in more than enough games to be eligible for the award. Whether or not the voters will vote for him is a different story.

George Hill? are you kidding me? There are like 5 players more deserving, especially Aaron Brooks. George Hill has done way too little too late, although he did have a good run (for like 2 weeks?).

You don't watch the Spurs obviously.

Goran Dragic
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow, didn't even think about Skiles. He's probably the favorite seeing that most people though Milwaukee might be the worst team in the league this year.

oh crap
04-12-2010, 05:15 PM
MVP - Lebron James. No one can really challenge him here.

kevin durant should get honorable mention, minimum

Kai
04-12-2010, 05:19 PM

George Hill shouldn't be within the top 5 of MIP. You can't honestly tell me he should.

Muser
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Name 5 more deserving.

Goran Dragic
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Personally I think how good the team is should be factored in. George Hill has improved on a playoff team, Brooks has improved largely cause he gets to take a lot more shots and have the ball in his hands more than he did last year. There are probably more offensive weapons around George Hill this year than there were last year, but his stats have gone way up, as has his efficiency. He's now a 40% shooter from long range, has adjusted really well to the combo guard role when he played only SG in college, and is a great perimeter defender. Hill's improvement > Brooks' improvement

Kai
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Name 5 more deserving.

Andrew Bogut, Aaron Brooks, Joakim Noah, Josh Smith, Marc Gasol and Gerald Wallace.

Goran Dragic
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Andrew Bogut, Aaron Brooks, Joakim Noah, Josh Smith, Marc Gasol and Gerald Wallace.

Andrew Bogut? He's the exact same player he was last year, only difference is health.

Kai
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Andrew Bogut? He's the exact same player he was last year, only difference is health.

He's become much more active defensively, he's their anchor. Plus he's like tripled his blocks shots.

Muser
04-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Bogut is healthy, Noah is shooting a lower FG than last year, Josh Smith is the same as last year.

Gasol/Brooks/Hill have all have a fair case. To say Hill shouldn't even be in discussion is retarded.

D-Wade #3
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM

and Russell Westbrook are all better candidates than George Hill.

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Name 5 more deserving.

Aaron Brooks

Carl Landry

Kevin Durant

David Lee

Marc Gasol

Andrew Bogut.

Brook Lopez.

Danilo Gallinari

Corey Brewer

Will all either be ahead or right there with Hill.

Hill is not a top 5 MIP candidate, sorry.

LakerHater
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
George Hill shouldn't be within the top 5 of MIP. You can't honestly tell me he should.

Brooks is forced to play a bigger role!

Hill improved his shooting, ball handling, court awarness & overall game since Tony went down. Hes not relied on as much as Brooks but Hill still gives a whole lot which is a HUGE improvement!!

mogrovejo
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM
He's become much more active defensively, he's their anchor. Plus he's like tripled his blocks shots.

The Bucks record last season with Bogut was 18-16. They were also the 3rd best defensive team in the league when he went down. If you only factor the time he was on the floor, they were the best. Bogut improved a lot in the 2nd half of 07/08 and carried that for the first half of 08/09.

I like Josh Smith a lot for the MIP. He changed his game to help his team. Improved tremendously as a rebounder, defender and passer. George Hill got more minutes and started hitting the 3pt shot.. and he's a 2nd year player and I don't like to give the MIP award to them. If I did, I'd rate Marc Gasol ahead of Hill.

6th man... I'd vote Landry ahead of Crawford. Landry was the go to guy for a relatively decent team. Crawford is a secondary scorer that doesn't much else. Won't be a scandal if he wins it though.

COY can go Brooks or Skiles.

Agreed with the rest.

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Brooks is forced to play a bigger role!

Hill improved his shooting, ball handling, court awarness & overall game since Tony went down. Hes not relied on as much as Brooks but Hill still gives a whole lot which is a HUGE improvement!!

Umm, Brooks would've played a bigger role this year regardless of what happened with injuries. They have been grooming him for a couple of years. It was his time to become a starter and get a bigger role in the offense. The Rockets recognized it last year when they moved their starting PG at the trade deadline last year and gave him the keys to run the offense and that move paid off in last year's playoffs.

Regardless of the scenerio though, Brooks is the more improved player so none of that even matters.

LakerHater
04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Aaron Brooks, Rockets
http://media.mysanantonio.com/images/20100404BKNmonroeMIPbrooksstats450.jpg
Analysis: No other candidate increased his offensive productivity more

George Hill, Spurs
http://media.mysanantonio.com/images/20100404BKNmonroeMIPhillstats450.jpg
Analysis: It’s Hill’s improved shooting that puts him in the No. 1 spot on our MIP ballot.

MavDynasty
04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
MVP- Dirk Nowitzki...best PF in the world and top 2 of all time

DPOY- Shawn Matrix Marion...single handedly transformed the mavs d from a top 5 to top 2 in the league

ROY-Rodrigue Beaubois...nuff said

6th man-Jason Jet Terry...Mavs are a lottery team without him

MIP-Erick Dampier...contract whore who is playing like the second best center in the league

COY-Rick Carlisle...he has gotten the team to believe in him and will lead the franchise to its first world championship since 2006

GMOY-Donnie Nelson...essentially traded a pile of shit +Blowjob Mullens for Caron, Haywood, Marion, Roddy, Najera

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Aaron Brooks, Rocketshttp://media.mysanantonio.com/images/20100404BKNmonroeMIPbrooksstats450.jpg

George Hill, Spurs
Analysis: It’s Hill’s improved shooting that puts him in the No. 1 spot on our MIP ballot.

:lol LMAO at the improved shooting as for the basis of the argument. I'd like to see hill shoot that percentage when drawing the defensive attention that Brooks now draws as a #1 option.

Did you watch the Suns game last night, they were throwing double teams out at him when he got the ball on the perimeter. BTW, Aaron Brooks shooting numbers have improved since that was posted.

D-Wade #3
04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Aaron Brooks, Rockets
http://media.mysanantonio.com/images/20100404BKNmonroeMIPbrooksstats450.jpg

George Hill, Spurs

Hill is nowhere near the MIP :lmao

What a homer, Westbrook, Durant and the rest of those guys mentioned are serious candidates.

D-Wade #3
04-12-2010, 06:14 PM
LOL @ Spurfan using improved shooting as an argument instead of improvement of all around game

LakerHater
04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
:lol LMAO at the improved shooting as for the basis of the argument. I'd like to see hill shoot that percentage when drawing the defensive attention that Brooks now draws as a #1 option.

Did you watch the Suns game last night, they were throwing double teams out at him when he got the ball on the perimeter.

If he was given the 36 minutes Brooks gets, Im sure he'll average more points per game!!

badfish22
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM

DPOY- Shawn Matrix Marion...single handedly transformed the mavs d from a top 5 to top 2 in the league

MIP-Erick Dampier...contract whore who is playing like the second best center in the league

COY-Rick Carlisle...he has gotten the team to believe in him and will lead the franchise to its first world championship since 2006

GMOY-Donnie Nelson...essentially traded a pile of shit +Blowjob Mullens for Caron, Haywood, Marion, Roddy, Najera

:lol :tu

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
If he was given the 36 minutes Brooks gets, Im sure he'll average more points per game!!

If we could all lick our balls like dogs, we would never leave the house.:lol WHO CARES,

he didn't get those minutes and it's silly to automatically assume just because a player gets a increased role that he's going to take off. Look at Trevor Ariza.....not every player can handle the role of being a go to guy/#1 scorer and the defensive attention that you draw being that like Brooks has been able to do.

DJ Mbenga
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
MVP - Kevin Durant- his team has 0 post game yet they win, a inexperienced coach, yet they win. only thing that hurts him is they havent suffered major injuries like kobe and the lakers, lebron and the cavs.

DPOY -Gerald Wallace- ok dwight is gonna win it but the stuff this guy is doing shouldnt be ignored. for a SF look at his rebounding numbers! and he anchors that great larry brown defense.

ROY - Stephen Curry- once he was allowed to play he was at the level of evans and at times better. shouldnt be penalized cause nellie was stupid early in the season.

6th man - Jamal Crawford. Not even a question-- i agree

MIP - Joakim Noah. in a league where centers are almost extict, a dude who has a horrible shot and was thought of as a "rich mans marc madsen" is a great player. double double, excellent defense.

COY - Nate Mcmillan. not only was he hurt, the whole damn team too, yet they are in the playoffs, al beit ready to get raped by the elite teams. and its in the west!

GMOY - John Hammond. Had the best off season of any GM after 2009. Knew the team was going nowhere with Jefferson as the leader so he traded him for expiring contracts so it would become Boguts' team, one of which ended up being a valuable veteran big on the team. In 2 seasons as GM he has them as the 2nd best defensive team in the league with a good core to build around. Sam Presti isn't a candidate because its' not a cumulative award.

Post your award choices here.

i decided to disagree with every choice you made just for arguments sake so its not a boring thread except for GMOY. i dont follow GM's

Halberto
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM

So if Hill was given 6 more minutes, he would score 7 more points? Shut up.

Is he the top candidate? No. But you Rockets homers aren't being unbiased either. For much of the season Brooks was the best scoring option on a team full of 3rd options, much like Richard Jefferson last year. He has improved a lot, but it's not as black and white as you make it sound. Other than showing statistical improvement on a injury laden team, what else has he done? Gallinari has shown dramatic improvement as well, but nobody gives a shit.

Like someone said earlier, you haven't seen Hill's improvement. At first glance his stats dont warrant much consideration. In his second year he has become the best perimeter defender on the Spurs and put up impressive stats when Parker went down.

Cane
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
MIP - Kevin Durant

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
So if Hill was given 6 more minutes, he would score 7 more points? Shut up.

Is he the top candidate? No. But you Rockets homers aren't being unbiased either. For much of the season Brooks was the best scoring option on a team full of 3rd options, much like Richard Jefferson last year. He has improved a lot, but it's not as black and white as you make it sound. Other than showing statistical improvement on a injury laden team, what else has he done? Gallinari has shown dramatic improvement as well, but nobody gives a shit.

Like someone said earlier, you haven't seen Hill's improvement. At first glance his stats dont warrant much consideration. In his second year he has become the best perimeter defender on the Spurs and put up impressive stats when Parker went down.

LOL, so Brooks was always the Rockets best scoring option.....let's just ignore the fact that the ball was mostly fed to Scola and Landry who happened to lead the league in 4th quarter points at one time and now he has Martin and Scola. Yep, Scola, Landry, and Martin (who has been one of the best scoring options in the game during his career) are strictly 3rd options.:lol

This team isn't about set #1, 2, or 3 options...it's about ball movement and on any given night any player can lead the team. Brooks has just been the guy more often than not.

TIMMYD!
04-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Obviously this is the least biased of all the picks.

Halberto
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
LOL, so Brooks was always the Rockets best scoring option.....let's just ignore the fact that the ball was mostly fed to Scola and Landry who happened to lead the league in 4th quarter points at one time and now he has Martin and Scola. Yep, Scola, Landry, and Martin (who has been one of the best scoring options in the game during his career) are strictly 3rd options.:lol

This team isn't about set #1, 2, or 3 options...it's about ball movement and on any given night any player can lead the team. Brooks has just been the guy more often than not.

If you took time to read my post you would see that I wrote "for much of the season". Yes, Scola and Landry are 3rd options (or 2nd at best). Led the league in 4th quarter points? What does that matter?

I don't even know what to make of that last paragraph.

Tmac&Luther
04-12-2010, 09:08 PM
If you took time to read my post you would see that I wrote "for much of the season". Yes, Scola and Landry are 3rd options (or 2nd at best). Led the league in 4th quarter points? What does that matter?

I don't even know what to make of that last paragraph.

Landry and Scola can be 2nd options in this league, they both have very good post games (hell Scola has one of the best and most underrated post games in this league). All they need is to be green lighted....hell Scola has pretty much has been a 20 and 10 player since Landry left. :lmao (nope, he can't be a 2nd option :rolleyes)...and Landry has been averaging 18+ points a game since he left and got increased time. :lol

The excuses SA fans use to elevate a guy who has no business being in the MIP discussion. G. Hill could very well be in that mix next season....but not this season, he hasn't done enough.

kamikazi_player
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
+1 there are better candidates for MIP, I personally think G. Wallace should win it.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM

I see you've missed quite a few Rockets games as well. For the record I've seen about 75 Spur games this season, and George Hill SHOULD NOT be in the MIP discussion.

Halberto
04-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Landry and Scola can be 2nd options in this league, they both have very good post games (hell Scola has one of the best and most underrated post games in this league). All they need is to be green lighted....hell Scola has pretty much has been a 20 and 10 player since Landry left. :lmao (nope, he can't be a 2nd option :rolleyes)...and Landry has been averaging 18+ points a game since he left and got increased time. :lol

The excuses SA fans use to elevate a guy who has no business being in the MIP discussion. G. Hill could very well be in that mix next season....but not this season, he hasn't done enough.

Can you read? Or is your short term memory nonexistent?

You've misread my posts back to back. Go back and find where I said that Landry and Scola can't be 2nd options.

Halberto
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Stupid Spurs fans... thinking that G. Hill should be in the top 5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=MIP-0910

nkdlunch
04-13-2010, 04:15 PM

:lol

Bogut + Gasol went out with injuries, how can you name an injured player MIP??? :lol

FAIL

it's clearly either Brooks or Hill

PM5K
04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Durant for MVP, OKC almost won 50 games for crying out loud.

mogrovejo
04-13-2010, 07:31 PM
:lol

Bogut + Gasol went out with injuries, how can you name an injured player MIP??? :lol

FAIL

it's clearly either Brooks or Hill

Bogut played 69 games.

Gasol played 69 games.

Noah played ... 62 games.

And Wallace missed games too.

What'a exactly your point? That a player can't win the MIP except if he's healthy in the last game of the season?