PDA

View Full Version : hill, bonner

tothrowed
04-12-2010, 07:10 PM
George hill and matt bonner will start tonight. And in the playoffs parker and hill will start, while manu comes off the bench.

Creation88
04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
bonner primed to fail with the pressure as a starter

200 miles
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
George hill and matt bonner will start tonight. And in the playoffs parker and hill will start, while manu comes off the bench.

if true: :bang :bang :bang

Sisk
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
source?

scottspurs
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
What? Link?

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 07:15 PM
link?

CFH
04-12-2010, 07:16 PM
From the Spurs twitter: RT @JMac_SAEN: Spurs have a new starting PG tonight. It's George Hill, with a surprise return from injury. Pop didn't believe it either.

http://twitter.com/spurs

tothrowed
Sean elliott said it on the pre game show, that he thinks parker will start and manu will come off the bench to bring a spark

DesignatedT
george coming back tonight was already known.... never heard anything about bonner? where is that coming from?

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Sean elliott said it on the pre game show, that he thinks parker will start and manu will come off the bench to bring a spark

ok?

TD 21
04-12-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't care which one of the three guards doesn't start, but it is somewhat of a risk to upset the chemistry that's been established in the starting lineup by pulling Ginobili.

Bonner starting over McDyess is inexplicable. Hopefully this is just for tonight and McDyess is just getting the night off, though I don't know why he'd need it. He'll probably only be needed for mid-teen's minutes tonight and the Spurs need all hands on deck. They can't afford to not only lose this game, but have the key players play extended minutes.

CFH
04-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Not seeing anything about Bonner starting, don't know where that came from.

exstatic
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Weird. The box score in the game preview shows Hill and Bonner, AND Manu in the starting lineup.

alchemist
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Hill is back? WTF????! Wasn't it just Saturday that Pop said Hill couldn't even move left to right? This is great news.

exstatic
04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Ah, McDyess is inactive.

TD 21
04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Just as I had suspected, McDyess is not playing. If it's rest oriented (and I assume it is), this is inexplicable. Does this coach ever learn his lesson? Bad as the Timberwolves are, they've got two good power forwards (even with Jefferson's struggles) and the Spurs could use McDyess's post defense on them, particularly Jefferson. Why risk potentially have to extend other players (mainly Duncan) minutes just to give McDyess the night off? He'd have probably only been needed for 15 or so minutes, but they'd have been key minutes, considering where the opposition's strength lies. This coach, it's almost like he likes not having a full roster.

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
whats wrong with dice?

ulosturedge
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Just as I had suspected, McDyess is not playing. If it's rest oriented (and I assume it is), this is inexplicable. Does this coach ever learn his lesson? Bad as the Timberwolves are, they've got two good power forwards (even with Jefferson's struggles) and the Spurs could use McDyess's post defense on them, particularly Jefferson. Why risk potentially have to extend other players (mainly Duncan) minutes just to give McDyess the night off? He'd have probably only been needed for 15 or so minutes, but they'd have been key minutes, considering where the opposition's strength lies. This coach, it's almost like he likes not having a full roster.

It's the Timberwolves man. I think you're overreacting. Yeah we lost to the lol Nets, but I doubt we will get a repeat of that. The problem is Pop actually. Instead of making sure to put the game away he tries to pull players before the win is in hand. He tries to play it too pretty(restwise) in otherwords.

sportan73
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
In the 1st I like Hill/Parker/Bogans starting, then you sub in RJ/Manu and keep Timmy out there for the whole 12 minutes while he's warm. You get to end the quarter strong, sit Timmy to start the 2nd, but keep Manu/RJ out there and never really have a lull.

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM

you don't know if this is all rest. dice has been having knee/back problems off and on all season. he could have tweeked something or could be feeling sore. last thing we need is for anyone else to seriously aggravate an injury and be out long term.

TD 21
04-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm not. Watch, Duncan is going to have to play more than he should have in this game. So too, will Ginobili and to a lesser extent, Parker. When will this coach learn that, as good as this team has looked for the majority of the past month and a half, that the margin for error is still slim? This isn't the Thunder, or some team that has young core players and doesn't care if they need to play them around 40 minutes every game. This is the Spurs, determined to manage minutes of their core in these games. It may be a win, but if Duncan and Ginobili have to exceed 25 minutes, this game can't be considered a success.

Of course I don't know, which is why I said "if it's rest oriented". Learn to comprehend what you're reading before calling someone out.

Death In June
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Manu needs to start. And it'd be fucking retarded...absolutely retarded to start Bonner. I hope this isn't the case.

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm not. Watch, Duncan is going to have to play more than he should have in this game. So too, will Ginobili and to a lesser extent, Parker. When will this coach learn that, as good as this team has looked for the majority of the past month and a half, that the margin for error is still slim? This isn't the Thunder, or some team that has young core players and doesn't care if they need to play them around 40 minutes every game. This is the Spurs, determined to manage minutes of their core in these games. It may be a win, but if Duncan and Ginobili have to exceed 25 minutes, this game can't be considered a success.

Of course I don't know, which is why I said "if it's rest oriented". Learn to comprehend what you're reading before calling someone out.

then why don't you refrain from calling the coach out when you really have no fucking clue whats going on..

EricB
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
:lol the arm chair coaches with their usually buffoonery...

ace3g
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Bill Land just said, Dice is just resting , everything is ok with him

TD 21
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Because the coach is a fucking idiot who routinely does stupid things to cost his team. We just saw it on Friday, treating the Grizzlies like it was a preseason game against the Timberwolves.

Already tonight, terrible strategy doubling the struggling Jefferson, allowing the Timberwolves to get open looks, instead of forcing him to score 30+ points to beat the Spurs and playing a team with weak one on one players and a lack of shot creators straight up. Bonner is in early foul trouble and Duncan is already heading for 30+ minutes. But Pop won 4 championships, so who cares about the job he's doing now!

TD 21
04-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Check that, Duncan is going to have to go 35+ or this isn't going to be a win. Why? Because the severely undersized Spurs post players can't match-up with the Timberwolves size down low. Shocking! But let's continue to rest players and act like the margin for error is significant.