PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Wolves Game)

duncan228
04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Post Game Quotes (Wolves Game) (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100412.html)

Gregg Popovich

On George Hill - I was surprised that he was ready to go. They were telling me on the road how good he was doing in workouts. I thought he came back quite quickly. He isn’t 100%, but he said he felt good

On Tony Parker - He did a wonderful job off the bench for us. He penetrated, fouled people, scored. I thought he was wonderful.

On getting 50 wins for the 11th year in a row - It’s not something we think about very honestly.

On playing Dallas on Wednesday…were they going to play hard? - Whenever we play, we play hard. There’s no sense in playing if you’re not going to play hard.

Roger Mason

On tonight's performance and needing come out tonight with the win - Sure. This was a game that we needed to come out and take care of business and execute. We did that so now we have to get ready for Dallas.

On the Grizzlies‘ bench scoring tonight - Definitely. We know we lost a disappointing one last time we were here so we didn‘t want to come out like we did last time so tonight we took care of it.

On getting used to the wrap on his hand - I am. At first it wasn‘t feeling right but now it‘s more comfortable especially since I haven‘t played with earlier in the season.

On 50+ wins for 10 consecutive seasons - It‘s impressive but I don‘t think anyone in the locker room wrote that as a goal. Now it‘s winning time, it‘s playoff time, and everybody is fighting for it.

George Hill

On how he‘s feeling after first game back since injury - We won so I feel pretty good.

On how the ankle is holding up - Pretty good as it was what I expected. It held up pretty well tonight.

On how surprised Pop was on how quick he came back - I don‘t know, I‘m just blessed right now to be able to step back on the court. It was just something that the doctor said and I believed him as I had to give it a test run today.

On how he feels where they stand regarding the playoffs - For as much as people said we had such a bad season, the race is still close as the difference is just by a couple of games. I think we‘re ready to battle anyone in the West as we feel pretty good.

Kurt Rambis

When asked how the Spurs would match up against the NBA elite in the playoffs - They have a shot. I don’t think anyone in the Western Conference wants to see them in the first round. Pop has them playing at a very high level right now, assuming everyone goes into the playoffs healthy. They have their system and they play hard; they also their inside out game. They have the ability to play big guys as well as small guys. They have a shot.

When asked what he saw out of his young players tonight - I see the same thing I always see, inconsistency. I see sparks of light coming on, and then I see that their young and they make mistakes. We’re an inexperienced team with the young players we have.

When asked what’s the motivation to win at this point in the season - I think our guys have done a good job individually when it comes to showing up to practice and working hard. We haven’t let up as far as the coaching staff and our desire to improve them as individuals. So we work with them as individuals and as a team to try to get them to understand the offense and the defense.

Al Jefferson

On tonight’s game - Game like tonight just happen.

Personal play - When my teammates pass me the ball I do my best to score with the ball and move it well.

Franchise record for worst season - I don’t think this team doesn’t care. We go out every night and try to win as many games as possible. We go out every night and do our job. If we tie the record it was meant to happen.

ginobilized
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Gregg Popovich

On Tony Parker - He did a wonderful job off the bench for us. He penetrated, fouled people, scored. I thought he was wonderful.

Um, did Pop say he found people? Fouled seems like a less than wonderful thing.

greyforest
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
think he said found

as in passed to when they were open

greyforest
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
think he said found

as in passed to when they were open

TDMVPDPOY
04-13-2010, 12:04 AM
POP talkin about playin hard against the mavs, i still remember that playoff game where he sat the starters for most of the game