PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Mavs...

Beaverfuzz
04-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Almost assured it will be Dallas in the first round...I say go hard the 82nd game of the season and see what you've got.

Amarelooms
04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
lol...best of luck man :elephant

jestersmash
04-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Watch dirk nosewitzki take 3289479 shots and completely dominate the offense with isolation plays, leaving everyone else cold, as the mavettes lose to the spurs by 9. book it.

badfish22
04-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Should be fun :toast

But the Mavs will kick the shit out of the Spurs

Kori Ellis
04-12-2010, 11:38 PM
It's not quite set yet. A lot of things could still happen and the Spurs could end up playing someone else.

But if it's the Mavs, get ready for the most annoying influx of Mavs fans ever :lol

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
still a # of things that could change this... either way.. bring them on :ihit

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

Big P
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
It's not quite set yet. A lot of things could still happen and the Spurs could end up playing someone else.

But if it's the Mavs, get ready for the most annoying influx of Mavs fans ever :lol

Tax day...and now this.

ElNono
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not sold that Portland is not going to lose against GSW...

jestersmash
04-12-2010, 11:43 PM

Yeah with 16 seconds left on the clock, plenty of time to give kevin "MJ" durant a trillion free throws because MJ knows he deserves them.

ElNono
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah with 16 seconds left on the clock, plenty of time to give kevin "MJ" durant a trillion free throws because MJ knows he deserves them.

Durant doesn't play for the GSW...

DubMcDub
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM

He said GS, not OKC. What are you talking about?

Buddy Holly
04-12-2010, 11:45 PM
But the Mavs will kick the shit out of the Spurs

Oh shit, you think Manu's not playing like last year. How cute.

Mavs are fucked if they play us this year. :ihit

Kori Ellis
04-12-2010, 11:45 PM
He said GS, not OKC. What are you talking about?

I assume he got confused and thought ElNono was talking about tonight's Portland-OKC game. :lol

crc21209
04-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Me either....I could see GS upsetting Portland on the last night of the season...

exstatic
04-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Uh, we may Knock DAL back to 3 by beating them on Wed, depending on tie-breakers.

jestersmash
I assume he got confused and thought ElNono was talking about tonight's Portland-OKC game. :lol

:stupid:

DubMcDub
Oh shit, you think Manu's not playing like last year. How cute.

Mavs are fucked if they play us this year. :ihit

Oh shit, you think the Mavs 5th best player is still Brandon Bass.

Creation88
now that we're outta the 8th seed for sure, i wouldn't be surprised if Pop sits the starters.

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Nelly already beat OKC for us... maybe pop will bribe him with a nice bottle of wine...

jestersmash
04-12-2010, 11:48 PM
No but seriously though, I can't WAIT to see OKC-Lakers in the playoffs. The refs are going to have their minds blown.

"It's kevin durant must..give..free throw..attemps but wait there's KOBE bryant kobe..bryant perennial superstar must.. give.. him free throws..durant brurant koa lalsdfa *explode*"

jestersmash
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
No but seriously though, I can't WAIT to see OKC-Lakers in the playoffs. The refs are going to have their minds blown.

"It's kevin durant must..give..free throw..attemps but wait there's KOBE bryant kobe..bryant perennial superstar must.. give.. him free throws..durant brurant koa lalsdfa *explode*"

spectator
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
i would say things are pretty much set - pop won't play tim, gino and dyess on wednesday - thus letting DAL get the win and 2nd seed, no matter what DEN and UTA do. the best scenario for us is to play tony and hill to give them more playing time to get into shape (although i like what happened today with MIN) and make the mavs play a long game with their starters. this is the best case scenario - however, i doubt our interior defense (without the mentioned players) can stop dirk and butler.

still, i'm happy to avoid LAL in 1st round.

ElNono
04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
now that we're outta the 8th seed for sure, i wouldn't be surprised if Pop sits the starters.

Why? Isn't the first playoff game like Saturday or Sunday? The problem with vets is you can't sit them for too long or they get rusty...

Ditty
04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
going to game 1 up in dallas baby if this happens

DesignatedT
04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
i would say things are pretty much set - pop won't play tim, gino and dyess on wednesday - thus letting DAL get the win and 2nd seed, no matter what DEN and UTA do. the best scenario for us is to play tony and hill to give them more playing time to get into shape (although i like what happened today with MIN) and make the mavs play a long game with their starters. this is the best case scenario - however, i doubt our interior defense (without the mentioned players) can stop dirk and butler.

still, i'm happy to avoid LAL in 1st round.

you really think thats what pop does... If we beat dallas we could still get the 6th seed(even though its an outside chance) or if utah wins out and we beat dallas then we get utah first round...

you think pop loses on purpose and takes the dallas matchup?

Spursmania
04-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I like Spurs being the underdogs.

crc21209
04-12-2010, 11:53 PM

+1 :lol....There will be 70+ FT's every game of the series with those two in one series..

nadroj117
04-12-2010, 11:54 PM
you really think thats what pop does... If we beat dallas we could still get the 6th seed(even though its an outside chance) or if utah wins out and we beat dallas then we get utah first round...

you think pop loses on purpose and takes the dallas matchup?

So who would you rather play? Dallas or Utah? Utah is the hotter team, and more disciplined team.

DubMcDub
04-12-2010, 11:57 PM
So who would you rather play? Dallas or Utah? Utah is the hotter team, and more disciplined team.

Both teams are 7-3 in their last 10, and Dallas is on a 4-game winning streak, whereas Utah is on a 1-game winning streak.

nadroj117
04-12-2010, 11:58 PM
So the possibilites are if Denver loses to Phx tomorrow than the Mavs will need to win Wed to get the 2nd Seed. Because Utah has the tie breaker. And a Portland loss will be the only way we move the the 6th seed. So we won't know until the last Regular season game is played to know where we are sitting.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2010, 11:59 PM

You still think Bonner is starting and Mason runs the backup point. :lol

DesignatedT
04-13-2010, 12:00 AM

i honestly dont know. prob utah.

i would rather get the 6th seed and play denver though and the only way that happens is if we go full speed wednesday and beat dallas.... and then Golden State beats Portland...

Lukor
04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
You still think Bonner is starting and Mason runs the backup point. :lol

The Mavs are the better team without a doubt - but not by a wide margin, the Spurs definitely have a chance.

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:04 AM
The Mavs are the better team without a doubt - but not by a wide margin, the Spurs definitely have a chance.

They're the better team... because you say so. Oh ok. :rollin

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:06 AM

How is that any different than you thinking that the Mavs are "fucked" if the play the Spurs this year?

They sure didn't look fucked when they scored 42 points in the fourth quarter the last time the teams played. You know, before the Mavs made their big trade.

nadroj117
04-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Both teams are 7-3 in their last 10, and Dallas is on a 4-game winning streak, whereas Utah is on a 1-game winning streak.

Yes your Mavs are on a 4 game winning streak, and won 7-3 but the competition has been the weakest of any other playoff team in the west. Mavs are 9-6 over their last 15 games, and have only beat 2 teams with a winning record (Denver when they lost 6 out of 7, and Portland last week). I've been calling this team "the smoke and mirrors mavericks" all season. This team might have plenty of key names on it but has the smallest point differential in the west, where Utah has the greatest (yes ahead of LA). Utah is a better basketball team in my opinion.

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:09 AM
How is that any different than you thinking that the Mavs are "fucked" if the play the Spurs this year?

You're on a Spurs forum. That's the difference. But if you want to really break it down, the Spurs are a complete team now, Tony is healthy, Manu is healthy, you still can't stop Duncan. Hill has rosen. Our bench is lethal. I can continue to go on.

They sure didn't look fucked when they scored 42 points in the fourth quarter the last time the teams played. You know, before the Mavs made their big trade.

Spurs lost to the Cavs both times in 2007, guess what that meant come playoff time when they met in the Finals. :lol

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Yes your Mavs are on a 4 game winning streak, and won 7-3 but the competition has been the weakest of any other playoff team in the west. Mavs are 9-6 over their last 15 games, and have only beat 2 teams with a winning record (Denver when they lost 6 out of 7, and Portland last week). I've been calling this team "the smoke and mirrors mavericks" all season. This team might have plenty of key names on it but has the smallest point differential in the west, where Utah has the greatest (yes ahead of LA). Utah is a better basketball team in my opinion.

That's fine and good that you think they're better, but they are certainly not the "hotter team." They haven't been playing that well lately either.

I hope it comforts Spurs fans to tell themselves that the Mavs are "smoke and mirrors." Spurs have a fine chance to win a playoff series against the Mavs, but if you think the Mavs aren't legitimately good, you are in for a rude awakening.

jestersmash
04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

read it and weep mavsfans

Lukor
04-13-2010, 12:10 AM

for starters they will be the higher seed. They have the better record. That alone suggest they might be the better team,if only by a couple games.

DesignatedT
04-13-2010, 12:11 AM
im glad we dont have to deal with josh howard... ill let butler jack up bad shots all game..

him and haywood have been through some real tough playoff battles.. let me tell ya :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
That's fine and good that you think they're better, but they are certainly not the "hotter team." They haven't been playing that well lately either.

I hope it comforts Spurs fans to tell themselves that the Mavs are "smoke and mirrors." Spurs have a fine chance to win a playoff series against the Mavs, but if you think the Mavs aren't legitimately good, you are in for a rude awakening.

Come on Dub, deep down you and I both know the Mavs are taking this in 6.

Also, will Damp be starting over Haywood in this series?

NFGIII
i honestly dont know. prob utah.

i would rather get the 6th seed and play denver though and the only way that happens is if we go full speed wednesday and beat dallas.... and then Golden State beats Portland...

I would too. Though K-Mart is back I really think this team can get under their skin. And I think if Karl doesn't come back then Dantley might be in over his head. In the POs matchups and adjustments or critical to winning a series. Game to game tweaking usually means the difference between winning and losing.

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:12 AM
for starters they will be the higher seed. They have the better record. That alone suggest they might be the better team,if only by a couple games.

:lol

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
You're on a Spurs forum. That's the difference.

Oh, I get it, so you get like a sort of "home court advantage" for being hypocritical? Nice.

DJB
04-13-2010, 12:13 AM

Oh shit, here's a Mavs fan that I haven't seen post all season but suddenly decided to show up.

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Come on Dub, deep down you and I both know the Mavs are taking this in 6.

Also, will Damp be starting over Haywood in this series?

I wish I could say I knew that. I honestly don't. I think it will be an absolutely fantastic series--if it happens--that very much could go either way.

Carlisle has said that he doesn't want to solidify which one of them is "the starter," even for the playoffs. I'd imagine you'll see him start with Damp in Game 1, and if it doesn't go well, Haywood may get the nod after that.

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh shit, here's a Mavs fan that I haven't seen post all season but suddenly decided to show up.

Well, I'll be damned, if you haven't seen me here all season, that must mean that I wasn't here, right?

FromWayDowntown
04-13-2010, 12:16 AM
If the Spurs get the Mavs, they should probably just forfeit. They can't match the talent, depth, coaching, poise, or toughness.

pawe
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I would too. Though K-Mart is back I really think this team can get under their skin. And I think if Karl doesn't come back then Dantley might be in over his head. In the POs matchups and adjustments or critical to winning a series. Game to game tweaking usually means the difference between winning and losing.

Then we are in a deep pile of dog shit then.

crc21209
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
If the Spurs get the Mavs, they should probably just forfeit. They can't match the talent, depth, coaching, poise, or toughness.

Coaching, poise, and toughness do not match with the Mavs..:lol

Avitus1
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I dont care if its Denver or Dallas bring them on and lets get this shit started!

Beaverfuzz
04-13-2010, 12:22 AM

It's essentially set. Either way, I'd play Denver/Utah or Dallas over LA in the first round...quicker to get rid of the trash. :flag:

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh, I get it, so you get like a sort of "home court advantage" for being hypocritical? Nice.

Nah, but fancy of you to ignore and not quote what I typed after that. Very FOXNews of you.

Beaverfuzz
04-13-2010, 12:23 AM
So the possibilites are if Denver loses to Phx tomorrow than the Mavs will need to win Wed to get the 2nd Seed. Because Utah has the tie breaker. And a Portland loss will be the only way we move the the 6th seed. So we won't know until the last Regular season game is played to know where we are sitting.

Dallas gets the tiebreaker vs Utah because they're a division champ.

nadroj117

I'm not saying it's going to be a cake walk, but I don't think Dallas is the better team by any means. We've played 27 games without Parker this year and could finish only 3 games back in the loss column this year. Yall have been relatively healthy without a single starter missing more than 9 games. With the point differential being so drastic between the 2 clubs, especially with 4 more losses at this point. Statistically we've been the better ball club all season long. I think we'll find out again like in 07 that margin of victory tells quite a bit about future playoff success. We shall see. I'm either gonna love living in Dallas in a couple weeks, or hate it.

DJB
Well, I'll be damned, if you haven't seen me here all season, that must mean that I wasn't here, right?

Um, yes.

Beaverfuzz
04-13-2010, 12:24 AM

Just like Golden State a few years ago right?
:flag:

nadroj117
04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Dallas gets the tiebreaker vs Utah because they're a division champ.

No Utah has the tiebreaker of Dallas because of Head to Head. Division Champions secure that you are at least a top 4 seed even if you have the 5th or 6th best record.

TVI
04-13-2010, 12:27 AM

Okay, but the only decent teams Dallas has beaten since March is Portland and Denver. Portland was a tight game, and Denver has really fallen off. Dallas looked good tonight, but the Clipps make everyone look good.

So Denver will almost certainly lose to Phoenix...thus the Mavs will keep the 2nd seed...question is, do they really want the Spurs in the first round? I'd take my chances against a Roy-less Blazers than a healthy Spurs team who seem to have finally found a groove since Manu got healthy (and Hill stepped up for the injured Parker). Even RJ is finally playing more consistent.

My preference is Den, Dal, Uta

Utah is the toughest matchup for the Spurs. Denver is the easiest. Dallas is right in the middle.

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:32 AM
If Mavs fans want to dance, let's dance.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2425/statskk.png

Basically, both are similar offensively but Spurs better defensively. :toast

baseline bum
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Gotta change my sig already. Here's to being able to bring back the LA one later. :toast

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Nah, but fancy of you to ignore and not quote what I typed after that. Very FOXNews of you.

I don't need to quote or even acknowledge nonsensical Spurs bias. But I'll go ahead and at least partially oblige you.

"Hill has rosen"? First of all, that's not a word. Second of all, I'm not particularly scared of George Hill.

spursfaninla
04-13-2010, 12:35 AM
You have not been paying attention if you don't respect Hill.

Dallas is fully loaded, but they are not stopping anyone, and the Spurs can run with them. The rosters are pretty comparable offense-wise. If Dallas hits their 3's, it will be tough to beat them.

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm not saying it's going to be a cake walk, but I don't think Dallas is the better team by any means. We've played 27 games without Parker this year and could finish only 3 games back in the loss column this year. Yall have been relatively healthy without a single starter missing more than 9 games. With the point differential being so drastic between the 2 clubs, especially with 4 more losses at this point. Statistically we've been the better ball club all season long. I think we'll find out again like in 07 that margin of victory tells quite a bit about future playoff success. We shall see. I'm either gonna love living in Dallas in a couple weeks, or hate it.

Over the past 10 years, margin of victory has only negligibly (i.e., less than a percentage point) predicted playoff series outcomes better than season record has.

Just something to chew on.

BanditHiro
04-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't need to quote or even acknowledge nonsensical Spurs bias. But I'll go ahead and at least partially oblige you.

"Hill has rosen"? First of all, that's not a word. Second of all, I'm not particularly scared of George Hill.

but the mavericks are afraid of George hill

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:37 AM

Really, a typo, you're going to acknowledge a typo... lol. Psst, you're not the only one who passed the 5th grade, no need to impress us with your wicked spelling skills.

But besides that, it's cool, you don't need to be scared of Hill but when he's burning your team's ass, just remember to tell your buddy's it's "George Hill." You gotta go formal with it. :toast

DubMcDub
04-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Really, a typo, you're going to acknowledge a typo... lol

But besides that, it's cool, you don't need to be scared of Hill but when he's burning your teams ass just remember to tell your buddy's it's "George Hill." You gotta go formal with it. :toast

I will be sure to be formal with it when George Hill is "burning my team's ass." :lol

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:38 AM
I will be sure to be formal with it when George Hill is "burning my team's ass." :lol

:sleep

jjktkk
04-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Gotta change my sig already. Here's to being able to bring back the LA one later. :toast

I get it you hate Dallas, but lose the President Kennedy Assasination Pic. Thats totally not needed.

alchemist
04-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Would rather play the Lakers, I couldn't stomach losing to these queers again.

sefant77
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
If the teams meet then really no one should talk about last years series anymore.

Spurs got Gino back, Hill did a major step forwards and Mavs have just 6 guys left from last year. So forget it.

Kidd
Terry
Dirk
Damp
Barea
(Carroll)

limping Josh -> Butler
A. Wright -> Marion
Hollins -> Haywood
George -> Stevenson
Bass -> Najera
G. Green -> Beaubois

I give the Mavs a 60:40 probably, just because i think the Mavs are deeper and more versatile. They have 18 quality fouls for Tim Duncan, Marion fulltime for Gino (he kept every superstar this season way below scoring average) and several options for Parker/Hill (Stevenson, Roddy, Kidd, Marion). We not even need freaking Barea anymore...

I would prefer the Blazers because Spurs are rolling too right now, but im fine with the Spurs. They still have no one for Dirk.

Would be nice to have a thread where Mavs and Spurs can actually talk sports and matchups etc and keep the trash in the 283983 other threads.

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:54 AM
So who's guarding who when Manu, Parker and Hill are on the court at the same time?

Ditty
04-13-2010, 12:57 AM
If the teams meet then really no one should talk about last years series anymore.

Spurs got Gino back, Hill did a major step forwards and Mavs have just 6 guys left from last year. So forget it.

Kidd
Terry
Dirk
Damp
Barea
(Carroll)

limping Josh -> Butler
A. Wright -> Marion
Hollins -> Haywood
George -> Stevenson
Bass -> Najera
G. Green -> Beaubois

I give the Mavs a 60:40 probably, just because i think the Mavs are deeper and more versatile. They have 18 quality fouls for Tim Duncan, Marion fulltime for Gino (he kept every superstar this season way below scoring average) and several options for Parker/Hill (Stevenson, Roddy, Kidd, Marion). We not even need freaking Barea anymore...

I would prefer the Blazers because Spurs are rolling too right now, but im fine with the Spurs. They still have no one for Dirk.

Would be nice to have a thread where Mavs and Spurs can actually talk sports and matchups etc and keep the trash in the 283983 other threads.

that marion quote actually made me laugh out loud :lmao

sefant77
04-13-2010, 12:57 AM
So who's guarding who when Manu, Parker and Hill are on the court at the same time?

I hope RC will play then the Kidd-Roddy backcourt. Roddy had great games playing beside Kidd and Roddy could give Parker a run.

Roddy-Parker
Kidd/Marion - Hill/Gino

I hope Barea gets the DNP hammer.

that marion quote actually made me laugh out loud :lmao

Huh? Check the stats of Anthony, James or Durant in their games against the Mavs. Marion completly outplayed Anthony on both sides of the court. Just as example. Gino had great last weeks but he will have a tough matchup against Marion.

nadroj117
04-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Over the past 10 years, margin of victory has only negligibly (i.e., less than a percentage point) predicted playoff series outcomes better than season record has.

Just something to chew on.

You couldn't be more wrong in your statement. Margin of victory is the single best meassure of future success over anything, INCLUDING win/loss records. Simply go back and look at the last 4 years.

These are the teams that made the the Conf finals the last 4 years, and their conference ranking for margin of victory:

05-06: Detroit (1) vs. Miami (2)
Dallas (2) vs Phoenix (3) ---- Spurs were 1

06-07: Clevland (3) vs. Detroit (2) --- Bulls were 1
San Antonio (1) vs Utah (3) --- Spurs had 9 less wins but a +1.2 over Mavs 67 win team

07-08: Boston (1) vs. Detroit (2)
LA Lakers (1) vs San Antonio (5) --- Spurs knocked off the young Hornets team who hadn't been to the playoffs before

08-09: Orlando (3) vs. Clevland (1)
Lakers (1) vs Denver (3)

With the exception of the Spurs on 08. Every conference finalst were in the top 3 of their conf in margin of victory. Obviously this isn't the only factor, and playoff experience, injuries and those types of things come into play in the playoffs. BUT it is a proven measure of future success over any other measurement.

Mr.Robinson
04-13-2010, 01:22 AM

Fucking Dirk can't be looked at or a foul is called when he plays the Spurs.

Mr.Robinson
04-13-2010, 01:24 AM
I hope RC will play then the Kidd-Roddy backcourt. Roddy had great games playing beside Kidd and Roddy could give Parker a run.

Roddy-Parker
Kidd/Marion - Hill/Gino

I hope Barea gets the DNP hammer.

Huh? Check the stats of Anthony, James or Durant in their games against the Mavs. Marion completly outplayed Anthony on both sides of the court. Just as example. Gino had great last weeks but he will have a tough matchup against Marion.
Marion can't guard Manu. This isn't the same Marion that used to guard TP back in the days.

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Marion can't guard Manu. This isn't the same Marion that used to guard TP back in the days.

He has flat out shut down Lebron, Kobe, and Melo all season. But you wouldn't know that since you haven't been watching.

Ghazi
04-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Mavs have had more injury issues this year than the Spurs.

Parker's loss wasn't that big a deal. Hill picked up the slack and it just meant Manu would have the ball in his hands more, which ain't a bad thing. :smokin.

Mavs on other hand had to use Gooden/Najera at center at times this year, which really hurt the defense for long stretches :).

nadroj117
04-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Mavs have had more injury issues this year than the Spurs.

Parker's loss wasn't that big a deal. Hill picked up the slack and it just meant Manu would have the ball in his hands more, which ain't a bad thing. :smokin.

Mavs on other hand had to use Gooden/Najera at center at times this year, which really hurt the defense for long stretches :).

Who has been injured? Dirk has played 79 games, Kidd 78, Terry 75, Marion 73... your center Damp who isn't much of a factor ever? Parker 54 games... Damp 53 games ... yeah I guess those to are pretty much a wash lol... and I love how you tried to justify parker doesn't really count, not a big deal... thats like saying its not a big deal if kidd was off ur team, or gasol off of lakers.

Danny.Zhu
04-13-2010, 02:11 AM
I hope we could avoid Lakers and Mavs in the first round, during which Parker could be more comfortable in the system after the injury.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 02:42 AM

This is what happens when Marion meets Manu.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugU5cXWVZjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugU5cXWVZjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WIPjoj3ccqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WIPjoj3ccqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 02:54 AM
This is what happens when Marion meets Manu.

In the first one, the primary defenders are Josh Howard and Drew Gooden.

The second one is on a fast break. I would sure like to see Ginobili try to stop Marion on a fast break.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 03:17 AM
In the first one, the primary defenders are Josh Howard and Drew Gooden.

The second one is on a fast break. I would sure like to see Ginobili try to stop Marion on a fast break.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QiR0t7rw7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QiR0t7rw7g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hm9Y-vqZsEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hm9Y-vqZsEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmjluiiaKcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmjluiiaKcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think these guys are better on the break than Marion is. Careful what you wish for.

You need a team to defend Manu. Marion did the right thing, but couldn't stop Manu. He is lucky Manu didn't posterize him. Kinda like this...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IdDnOGr6kYE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IdDnOGr6kYE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 03:28 AM
Marion doesn't need to dribble on the break. Ginobili ain't stopping this:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVL9wMd-sso&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVL9wMd-sso&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Marion doesn't need to dribble on the break. Ginobili ain't stopping this:

That is because Marion needs someone else to create for him. Manu can block an oop btw.

Poor Tyson Chandler.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQdzsyZDtF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQdzsyZDtF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 03:33 AM
That is because Marion needs someone else to create for him.

So?

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 03:34 AM
And that's a shitty oop. A foot below the rim.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 03:40 AM
And that's a shitty oop. A foot below the rim.

The rim is still 10 feet. Doesn't matter where the ball is thrown. The ball has to go through the basket at 10 ft regardless. At one point it is always blockable.

I hate to use this but this is a good example of what I am talking about.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TreUzjXfGSo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TreUzjXfGSo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The ball has to come down sooner or later.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 03:53 AM
One more thing. I am not saying that these things are guaranteed to happen. I am just stating that Manu is very unpredictable and very hard to defend. To think Marion could shut him down completely is nonsense. You can only hope to contain Manu. Containing him normally takes a team effort, not the defense of one man.

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 04:18 AM
I guess Manu is better than Kobe and Melo then, cause they couldn't do anything against him.

urunobili
04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
can't fucking wait to get some payback

TheChillFactor
04-13-2010, 08:02 AM
i almost feel bad for Dallas fan. They're about to find out what "playoff Shawn Marion" is all about and they have no fucking idea....

raspsa
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Both teams have had significant changes to their lineups so going by previous results has less relevance than usual. I think Josh Howard would have strong games vs. the Spurs and he's gone so that's different. Butler and Haywood are capable. But in the end, its going to come down a lot to how well the Spurs can defend Dirk. That's half the battle right there.

dbestpro
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Win or lose it very well may be the Mavs. If htis is the case should San Antonio hand the last game to Dallas, so we can keep LA in sight for WCF instead of 2nd round?

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Win or lose it very well may be the Mavs. If htis is the case should San Antonio hand the last game to Dallas, so we can keep LA in sight for WCF instead of 2nd round?

This is way off.

First off, the Spurs are either #6 or #7, so they're opposite the LA bracket no matter what happens. Besides, why are you still scared of them?

Second, the Spurs have no reason to tank. Spurs loss means they stay in Dallas for Game 1, which could still happen even if they win. But a win might land them with Denver, which they probably want. They could also face Utah or Phoenix. Mavs might tank if they want an outside shot at facing Portland.

Doug Collins
04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Mavs fan shouldn't count on Marion for anything in the playoffs, especially against the spurs. He has a very distinguished history of choking against us.

That being said, the Spurs are very much the underdogs regardless of "margin of victory" which doesn't take into account the Mavs supreme confidence against us and that they have HCA. Mavs live to beat the Spurs and have the pieces to do it. I think it'll be a close hard fought series, should they play, but the Mavs will definitely be the favorites.

Shank
04-13-2010, 09:17 AM
lol Nets
lol Grizzlies

Mavs create matchup problems and have the mental edge. If there's one team this Mavs squad doesn't fear, it's San Antonio. At most, it would go 6 games. Calling Mavs in 5.

bigfan
04-13-2010, 09:19 AM
I vote we rest Tim, Manu and Tony in the last regular season game since we will end up playing the Mavs anyway in the playoffs.

sefant77
04-13-2010, 09:50 AM
One more thing. I am not saying that these things are guaranteed to happen. I am just stating that Manu is very unpredictable and very hard to defend. To think Marion could shut him down completely is nonsense. You can only hope to contain Manu. Containing him normally takes a team effort, not the defense of one man.

And who said that Marion will shut down Gino completly? :rolleyes

I said and meant that the Mavs have a very good defensive solution for the Gino matchup and that Gino would have a hard time against Marion delivering his "normal" game or stats. Nothing more. And watching Marion this season against James, Kobe, Carmella or Durant you should admit that its gonna be tough for Gino.

No one said something about taking him out of the game completly etc.

Thats why i see the Mavs as favorite, they have good answers against the 2 most important players of the Spurs (Gino and Duncan) but Spurs have no answer for Dirk.

i almost feel bad for Dallas fan. They're about to find out what "playoff Shawn Marion" is all about and they have no fucking idea....

It gonna be hard to choke playing defense. Marion isnt in Dallas for offense. He is 100% here for defense and he knows that. Mavs barely run a play for him, he barely touch the ball at offense. His points or mostly fastbreak or garbage cleaning up.

And could we let this youtube shit out of this thread please?

dbestpro
04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
lol Nets
lol Grizzlies

Mavs create matchup problems and have the mental edge. If there's one team this Mavs squad doesn't fear, it's San Antonio. At most, it would go 6 games. Calling Mavs in 5.

This must be the new Mavs, because you can make a good argument that the Mavs are one of the worse playoff teams ever when you take into account their body of work.

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Not against the Spurs, but y'know, Spurs fans like to ignore that.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Clearly the Mavs are the favorite based on seeding and H2H matchups. This is exactly why I want both the Mavs and the Spurs to bring it on wednesday. Dallas has yet to play the Spurs during their recent resurgence and I think the Spurs want to add another division leader to their string of victories vs. playoff bound teams.

Michi_Germany
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
And who said that Marion will shut down Gino completly? :rolleyes

I said and meant that the Mavs have a very good defensive solution for the Gino matchup and that Gino would have a hard time against Marion delivering his "normal" game or stats. Nothing more. And watching Marion this season against James, Kobe, Carmella or Durant you should admit that its gonna be tough for Gino.

No one said something about taking him out of the game completly etc.
I would agree. Marion is a good solution for the Mavs. You can't shut down Manu for 48 minutes. It's important for the Spurs that Manu finds a way to score consistently.

Thats why i see the Mavs as favorite, they have good answers against the 2 most important players of the Spurs (Gino and Duncan) but Spurs have no answer for Dirk.
Good answer for Duncan? Duncan always scored big numbers on the Mavs. Give Damp props for his defense in the last year playoffs. It was important for the Mavs that they came away without doubleteams on Timmy, but he still found a way to score. A 100% Duncan never had problems with Dampier or Haywood.
And this year the spurs will have more offensive weapons than last year. Last year was a two-men-offense. We only had Duncan and Parker - this year will be much different.

I can see an upset comin' :flag:

BTW: Was machst du hier bei uns?! :-)

spursfaninla
04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
It will be interesting to see. Realize that the list of players you mention marion "shutting down" above are almost all sf's. Kobe is the sg.

Kobe shot 6-12 against dallas, the other he shot 9-23 for 25 pts. He did not explode, but I would not call that shut down either. Realize that Kobe averages about 44% shooting.

James was 9-23 for 25, and 10-20. Again, not "shut down".

Durant was 7-18.

Marion was most effective against Carmelo. Carmelo is strong and fast for a sf, but not like a fast sg like manu. I don't think the results would be more similar to marion defending carmelo (sf's), compared to sg's defended by marion.

sefant77
04-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Stop with that "shutting down".

Everyone was below their scoring averages and mostly below their FG%.

Just that. You have to give Marion at least some credit for it.

I take Marion defending a SG over Wright, George, Hassell or Buckner ;)

And a good answer for Duncan i meant 3 strong bodies that can play good to solid defense. Im not talking about stopping Duncan. But here the same, Duncan will have to work hard against multiple players coming fresh from the bench.

RiverwalkParade
04-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Would love to see Tim, Manu, Dyess and RJ sit this one out. Let Hill and Parker knock off the rust and give them 32+ minutes each, and let the bench get some run.

This Spurs team has not played the Mavs yet, and it would be great to keeps the cards close to the vest going into the first round.

Fpoonsie
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
31g0YE61PLQ

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM

Two shitty examples (06, 09) that Mavs fans have overblown into a delusional rite of passage.

In 2006, it went to 7 games and if not for a bone headed foul by Manu, the Spurs are winning.

And then, in 2009, there is no Manu.

Jesus Christ, you sure have us mentally. lol

The Finals choking, first place first round chokers sure have the Spurs numbers when it comes to the playoffs. :lol

gospursgojas
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Get ready for the most free throws for jumpshooter you've ever seen.

Dirk has a free throw to drive ratio per game of of like 25-1

Ill put money he shoots more than manu, and manu will get raped evertime he's in the lane

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Two shitty examples (06, 09) that Mavs fans have overblown into a delusional rite of passage.

In 2006, it went to 7 games and if not for a bone headed foul by Manu, the Spurs are winning.

And then, in 2009, there is no Manu. lol

I didn't say they kicked their asses. But they're not the "worse [sic] playoff team ever" against them either.

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
I didn't say they kicked their asses. But they're not the "worse [sic] playoff team ever" either.

Choking in the finals and losing to the 8th seed Warriors, all within the last 4 years, would dictate and they possibly are. :lol

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I edited. We're talking Mavs vs. Spurs, don't change the subject.

gospursgojas
04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Mavs suck, but I would vote on the suns as the worst playoff team in recent times

ShoogarBear
Clearly, the Grizzlies are Teh Worst Playoff Team Evah(TM).

However, the 2006 Finals followed by the 2007 first round might have been the worst consecutive series ever by one team.

sefant77
Get ready for the most free throws for jumpshooter you've ever seen.

Dirk has a free throw to drive ratio per game of of like 25-1

Ill put money he shoots more than manu, and manu will get raped evertime he's in the lane

I would wish. Defenders can put both hands and even the bodies on Dirk on his sweet spot all the time. Easiest foulcall of the world if you follow the rulebook but refs barely call it even if its players like Corey Brewer or D. Arthur in crunchtime.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2095/2431712708_1cac4db64b_o.jpg

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I edited. We're talking Mavs vs. Spurs, don't change the subject.

How did I change the subject? You edited your post for a reason. :lol

dbestpro
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM

Series are split 2-2. I guess playing .500 ball agianst anyone in the playoffs rocks the Mav world. Pretty good at losing against everyone else. So, its pretty safe to say, elimination of the Mavs is not an issue of if but when.

SpursWoman
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM

True. :depressed

jack0fspeed
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll say this ...

I'm rooting for the Mavs-Spurs matchup. Not so much because I think the Mavs are that much better than the Spurs ... because frankly I don't think there is that much of a difference top to bottom in the West.

But I do like the matchup because I think it will be a less physical series than playing Portland or OKC. Really I wish we had the least physical team ... PHX, but you can't have everything.

All the first round Western series are going 6 or 7 so you want the least amount of wear and tear possible.

Should be an entertaining series if it happens.

dbestpro
04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Tale of the tape:

Head to head playoff: 2-2

Dallas
playoff record 68-80
series record 13-15
playoff apperances 15
W/C championships 1
Championships 0

2010 season to date 54-27
head to head to date 2-1

San Antonio
playoff record 154-125
series record 32-25
playoff apperances 29
W/C championships 4
Championships 4

2010 season to date 50-31
head to head to date 1-2

Dallas has not faced a Spurs team at full strength
since the WCFs.

I like our chances.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-13-2010, 12:49 PM
I like our chances against Mavs as well. Mavs have no answer for Parker, Manu or Duncan. Spurs in 6 (only because Mavs have HCA). Otherwise, Spurs in 5.

easy7
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Every year the Mavs raise their hopes up and every year they fail... Sad but true.
These :lobt: speak volumes and will trump any shit any Mav fan speaks.

jjktkk
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Until the Mavs win a championship, all of these Mav trolls chiming in on how awesome their team is are like little, annoying knats, just waiting to be swatted away.

ohmwrecker
04-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope the Spurs aren't resting anyone for Wednesday's game. I think the best thing the Spurs could do is take it to the Mavs full force in their house. If the Spurs have to play the Mavs in the playoffs, I want the Spurs confident and the Mavs shaken.
If we play everyone regular minutes and don't pull any punches, I predict the Spurs win in a blowout.
If we can get game 1 or 2 in the POs, the Mavs are too mentally and psychologically weak to recover.
I'm not intimidated by a team that has never achieved anything of significance.
The big 3 are not going to quit and this team is (record not withstanding) vastly better than the one the Mavs saw last year or earlier this year.
Whoever the Mavs fan was who said the Spurs weren't going to play physical . . . good luck with that belief, bubba. It's the playoffs. Blair, Bogans and McDyess are going to turn into animals and Manu is going balls to wall on you tender hearted nut punchers.

Jimcs50
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I hope the Spurs aren't resting anyone for Wednesday's game. I think the best thing the Spurs could do is take it to the Mavs full force in their house. If the Spurs have to play the Mavs in the playoffs, I want the Spurs confident and the Mavs shaken.
If we play everyone regular minutes and don't pull any punches, I predict the Spurs win in a blowout.
If we can get game 1 or 2 in the POs, the Mavs are too mentally and psychologically weak to recover.
I'm not intimidated by a team that has never achieved anything of significance.
The big 3 are not going to quit and this team is (record not withstanding) vastly better than the one the Mavs saw last year or earlier this year.
Whoever the Mavs fan was who said the Spurs weren't going to play physical . . . good luck with that belief, bubba. It's the playoffs. Blair, Bogans and McDyess are going to turn into animals and Manu is going balls to wall on you tender hearted nut punchers.

I say play all scrubs, rest all starters, except TP who still needs to get some playing time in.

Give Dallas a false sense of security with 3-1 season against their first round opponent and then come out in game one fully rested and loaded for bear.

blizz
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't get where Mavs fans think Marion is the answer to Manu. Where was he and what was he doing all those years we bounced the Suns out of the playoffs? It's funny how he was never able to stop them but now that he's older and with the Mavs, all the sudden he's a stopper. That's bullshit...take off the homer goggles Mavs fan.

blizz
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I also don't get the "18" quality fouls shit. When you foul someone, you put them on the line, perhaps an and 1 and/or put your team in the penalty. So what happens when we shoot 18 plus more free throws? You will bitch about how many more free throws we shot and Cuban will go ape shit.

ohmwrecker
04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I say play all scrubs, rest all starters, except TP who still needs to get some playing time in.

Give Dallas a false sense of security with 3-1 season against their first round opponent and then come out in game one fully rested and loaded for bear.

I just can't get behind that. If we can plant a seed of doubt, it can help even out the Mavs home court advantage. Plus, I don't think the Blazers/Warriors game is going to be a cake walk for the Blazers. The doubt will still be with the Mavs in the 2nd round (if we beat them Wednesday) and the Spurs have already established a mental advantage with the Nuggets.
I don't like the idea of tanking any games right before the playoffs. It sets a bad precedent.

in2deep
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I just can't get behind that. If we can plant a seed of doubt, it can help even out the Mavs home court advantage. Plus, I don't think the Blazers/Warriors game is going to be a cake walk for the Blazers. The doubt will still be with the Mavs in the 2nd round (if we beat them Wednesday) and the Spurs have already established a mental advantage with the Nuggets.
I don't like the idea of tanking any games right before the playoffs. It sets a bad precedent.

:tu

mavs are weak of mind. You go to their home floor and beat the shit out of them in the last game of the season. that's what you do.

Dirkadirkastan
04-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I also don't get the "18" quality fouls shit. When you foul someone, you put them on the line, perhaps an and 1 and/or put your team in the penalty. So what happens when we shoot 18 plus more free throws? You will bitch about how many more free throws we shot and Cuban will go ape shit.

It's an expression describing how resistant a team is to foul trouble. Sheesh.

MavDynasty
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
:tu

mavs are weak of mind. You go to their home floor and beat the shit out of them in the last game of the season. that's what you do.

gl with that :sleep

Jimcs50
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM

In 06-07, the Spurs played Denver, their first round opponent their last reg season game. Pop played zero starters in game, Spurs lost game by 23 points.

Spurs went on to beat Denver in first round without any problems. The same thing can happen this year. Rest starters, then come out fresh and beat the Mavs.

guzmangm
04-13-2010, 02:38 PM
I think the Spurs should send a message to the probable first round opponent Mavs. Head games and confidence are almost as important as home court. We should do what the Lakers do and that is to prove that no one can beat them. I think you want momentum going into the playoffs. I also think it is a bad idea to hit the snooze bar going into the playoffs.

Jimcs50
04-13-2010, 02:49 PM
I think the Spurs should send a message to the probable first round opponent Mavs. Head games and confidence are almost as important as home court. We should do what the Lakers do and that is to prove that no one can beat them. I think you want momentum going into the playoffs. I also think it is a bad idea to hit the snooze bar going into the playoffs.

yeah, but what if we play starters, and they have off game and Mavs win...then that plan backfires, and the Mavs get the dose of confidence.

ohmwrecker
04-13-2010, 02:50 PM
In 06-07, the Spurs played Denver, their first round opponent their last reg season game. Pop played zero starters in game, Spurs lost game by 23 points.

Spurs went on to beat Denver in first round without any problems. The same thing can happen this year. Rest starters, then come out fresh and beat the Mavs.

Totally different situation this year. The Spurs had HC in 07 and we had the Nuggets number. We avoided the Mavs completely and went on to win the 'ship. The Spurs need a mental edge on the Mavs. I'm not worried about the big 3 or McDyess, but the young guys could use the confidence boost that a good win against a possible 1st round match up would undoubtedly provide.

guzmangm
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
yeah, but what if we play starters, and they have off game and Mavs win...then that plan backfires, and the Mavs get the dose of confidence.

Then we got no business being there and deserve to lose if our starters can't beat their scrubs...

ShoogarBear
04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
knats?

Rummpd
04-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Calling it right now (Spurs 4 Mavs 1 - over in 5 games) - if the Spurs do indeed play the Mavs as expected - Spurs split first two then sweep last three games as the Mavs fold like cheap shirts. Parker, Hill and Manu will take turns running circles around the Mavs this year.

Jimcs50
04-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Then we got no business being there and deserve to lose if our starters can't beat their scrubs...

they won't play their scrubs, they need to win.

clambake
04-13-2010, 03:58 PM

all the mavs are scrubbs. thats why it hurts to lose to them.

Mr.Robinson
04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
lol Nets
lol Grizzlies

Josh Howard is gone. Dirk without the pussy ass refs calling pussy ass fouls on the Spurs ain't shit. Spurs in 6.

RiverwalkParade
04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Which starting lineup do you want to see in the POs?

Parker, Hill, Bogans, McDyess, Duncan

OR

Hill, Manu, RJ, McDyess, Duncan?

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Which starting lineup do you want to see in the POs?

Parker, Hill, Bogans, McDyess, Duncan

OR

Hill, Manu, RJ, McDyess, Duncan?

I prefer the latter. Hill's length could help against Kidd.

RiverwalkParade
04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
I prefer the latter. Hill's length could help against Kidd.

Who guards Drik in that lineup though? Figured Bogans might be our best weapon against him.

DPG21920
04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Mavs are a damn good team. They are one of the worst opponents the Spurs can face. They have been the better team all year and they have arguably more talent. Having said that, this is a coin toss at this point with how the teams are playing.

Dirk is still problem number one. Spurs have not really ever been able to match up with him. He is playing at a high level and I don't know what they can do to stop him. Doubling is a bad idea.

For the people saying Marion can't guard Manu, I think you are mistaken. Marion has defended other teams top guys very, very well. Plus, Marion actually has help now on the defensive end. That helps him a lot.

Caron is an underrated player and adds something that the Mavs need: Toughness. He brings that, plus another solid perimeter defender/scorer. Terry is always a problem for the Spurs as well. Between him and Kidd, they have 3PT threats. They are a well balanced team.

Having Dampier and Haywood is two very tough defenders to throw at Tim. That could certainly cause problems. Then you always have x-factors such as Roddy B and JJB. These Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs and go into every game against them with confidence. That says a lot and goes a long way.

Spurs have a lot of things going for them as well. Hill and TP, if back to form, will be really tough for the Mavs to defend. Manu is playing great and that is just another play maker the Mavs have to account for. The Spurs have inside/outside game which will be difficult for the Mavs to defend. Spurs have a lot of role players that can specialize in many different areas, so they should be able to give the Mavs a bunch of different looks. Tim still looks good and he can still patrol the paint and score.

Spurs will reap the biggest rewards of RJ against the Mavs. I have said this since the beginning. RJ helps us more against the Mavs than any other team. If you couple that with the Mavs losing Howard who always plays well, I truly feel the gap is closed between the Mavs and Spurs.

Dice has done a passable job on Dirk, but I don't know if that is sustainable.

It will come down to the wire, as always with these two teams.

TIMMYD!
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I like Spurs being the underdogs.

Makes the ass-kicking we'll give them that much sweeter.
:toast

temujin
04-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Spurs have Manu Ginobili.
A Manu that is Manu.

Enough said.

Sportstudi
04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Mavs are a damn good team. They are one of the worst opponents the Spurs can face. They have been the better team all year and they have arguably more talent. Having said that, this is a coin toss at this point with how the teams are playing.

Dirk is still problem number one. Spurs don't have not really ever been able to match up with him. He is playing at a high level and I don't know what they can do to stop him. Doubling is a bad idea.

For the people saying Marion can't guard Manu, I think you are mistaken. Marion has defended other teams top guys very, very well. Plus, Marion actually has help now on the defensive end. That helps him a lot.

Caron is an underrated player and adds something that the Mavs need: Toughness. He brings that, plus another solid perimeter defender/scorer. Terry is always a problem for the Spurs as well. Between him and Kidd, they have 3PT threats. They are a well balanced team.

Having Dampier and Haywood is two very tough defenders to throw at Tim. That could certainly cause problems. Then you always have x-factors such as Roddy B and JJB. These Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs and go into every game against them with confidence. That says a lot and goes a long way.

Spurs have a lot of things going for them as well. Hill and TP, if back to form, will be really tough for the Mavs to defend. Manu is playing great and that is just another play maker the Mavs have to account for. The Spurs have inside/outside game which will be difficult for the Mavs to defend. Spurs have a lot of role players that can specialize in many different areas, so they should be able to give the Mavs a bunch of different looks. Tim still looks good and he can still patrol the paint and score.

Spurs will reap the biggest rewards of RJ against the Mavs. I have said this since the beginning. RJ helps us more against the Mavs than any other team. If you couple that with the Mavs losing Howard who always plays well, I truly feel the gap is closed between the Mavs and Spurs.

Dice has done a passable job on Dirk, but I don't know if that is sustainable.

It will come down to the wire, as always with these two teams.

:tu Very good post. Finally someone here who is able to make a solid analysis without talking nothing but trash. I expect a very close series and I wouldn't be surprised to see it coming down to the wire. I expect a 7-games-series and both teams are able to win.

anonoftheinternets
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
:tu Very good post. Finally someone here who is able to make a solid analysis without talking nothing but trash. I expect a very close series and I wouldn't be surprised to see it coming down to the wire. I expect a 7-games-series and both teams are able to win.

i think we are all aware of this ... teams are both good, with mavs having a edge because of the butler/haywood trade ... all the other posts are just trash talking... just ignore it.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Spurs have Manu Ginobili.
A Manu that is Manu.

Enough said.

This poster is wise.

Bukefal
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, the Spurs will eat them :flag:

It's not gonna be easy, but we will

DPG21920
04-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, the Spurs will eat them :flag:

It's not gonna be easy, but we will

I hope the Spurs are hungry!

Beaverfuzz
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Fuck the Mavs :flag:

ZB 512
04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Calling it right now (Spurs 4 Mavs 1 - over in 5 games) - if the Spurs do indeed play the Mavs as expected - Spurs split first two then sweep last three games as the Mavs fold like cheap shirts. Parker, Hill and Manu will take turns running circles around the Mavs this year.

hahaha

ha

you a betting man?

m33p0
lock and loaded.
:makemyday:donkey

the crimson blur
Wait a second, people actually think a relatively healthy squad of Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Gregg Popovich are going to lose to Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Rick Carlisle?

....lol. Spurs in 3.

dbestpro
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Wait a second, people actually think a relatively healthy squad of Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Gregg Popovich are going to lose to Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Rick Carlisle?

....lol. Spurs in 3.

Uh, you got to win four.

the crimson blur
04-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Uh, you got to win four.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/thats_the_joke.jpg

dbestpro
04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Don't quit your day job.

manu the best
04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
lets kill dallas .. go spurs go ..

Fpoonsie
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/thats_the_joke.jpg

:lol

Well done.

spurs10
04-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Mavs forfeit!!!:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

TheSullyMonster
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Mavs forfeit!!!:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

They're not the suns.:lol

LOL@MavsFan
04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Choke Mavs Choke

sefant77
04-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks to the 2-3 guys that actually tried to talk about the teams and potential matchups.

Unfortunately there was again the bunch of one liners trash talker that couldnt stay in the 2652 trash threads in the NBA forum and ruined this nice thread.

Russ
04-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Can someone please present the scenario (in an easily digestible form) of how the Spurs avoid the Mavs in the 1st round?

I am trying to figure out who or what to root for.

Thank you in advance.

the crimson blur
04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Can someone please present the scenario (in an easily digestible form) of how the Spurs avoid the Mavs in the 1st round?

I am trying to figure out who or what to root for.

Thank you in advance.

Utah wins out and Mavs lose to the Spurs. That simple. There are no other possible scenarios; only UT and DAL can get the 2 seed.

This is all assuming the Spurs don't end with the 6th seed because of a POR loss to Golden State though.

sefant77
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd21/shadyparadox/scenarios2.png

Russ
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Utah wins out and Mavs lose to the Spurs. That simple. There are no other possible scenarios; only UT and DAL can get the 2 seed.

This is all assuming the Spurs don't end with the 6th seed because of a POR loss to Golden State though.

Thanks, I needed that.

LakerHater
04-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Found this, thought it was funny & pretty cool!!

8EafDei3Boo
EVHl05Lz8Ms

TVI
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
This is way off.

Mavs might tank if they want an outside shot at facing Portland.

I was thinking this very thing...I'm not arguing that the Mavs are scared of San Antonio, but let's face it, the Spurs are this year's "lower seed that no one wants to face in the first round" (they're playing their best ball of the year at the right time) and a Roy-less Blazers team probably means a quick 4 or 5 game series, and probably a good amount of rest before the second round, which EVERY team would love to have.

KenziE
04-14-2010, 12:11 AM
as long as michael finley is not in the line up sky is the limit for the spurs

guzmangm
04-14-2010, 08:30 AM

Oh sorry, didn't understand what you meant in your last post. I still believe though, that if this late in the game, the Spurs are still having issues, and can't take a gimmie, (Mavs off night tonight) then they are gonna be one and done anyway...

NameOfTheGame
04-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh sorry, didn't understand what you meant in your last post. I still believe though, that if this late in the game, the Spurs are still having issues, and can't take a gimmie, (Mavs off night tonight) then they are gonna be one and done anyway...

Truth.

bigfan
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
If our team is healthy, I think we have a good chance regardless of opponent. Keep in mind other teams ain't exactly relishing the thought of playing the Spurs either.

Jimcs50
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM

:toast

Death In June
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
So it looks like the entire west is set, except for the 3 and 4 seed. But that's most likely a game that goes to the suns.

rayray2k8
04-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Rematch!

Libri
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
It's going to be a good old fashion donnybrook. :ihit :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm not looking forward to seeing Dirk's incredibly ugly screaming with his tongue sticking out + Terry's smurf celebrations..

smrattler
04-14-2010, 10:00 PM
It's gonna be a bloodbath... those new Wizards players with Mavs jerseys are going to be in for a shock.

Hey Rasual, ever been this close to a healthy, playoff Manu?

Dirk, Kidd, Terry... gonna be providing the heartbreaking shots.

Elbows, hard fouls, cramping legs...

I'm gonna love it!

DPG21920
04-14-2010, 10:00 PM
All the Mavs players, coaches and analysts are talking about is how the Spurs sent the message that they want the Mavs. They seem intent on making them regret that.