PDA

View Full Version : Guess what!!!

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 12:59 AM
I have an erection.

Why do I have an erection might you ask?

Simple answer....

I was just thinking that Pop might be crazy enough to see what Mahinmi can do against the Mavs on Wednesday.

That is all. :flag::flag::flag:

Cry Havoc
04-13-2010, 01:00 AM
It certainly couldn't hurt.

Unless you slam a door shut on it. Then it could.

jestersmash
04-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Mahinmi has a future with the spurs. His size is too huge of an asset, and he's clearly coachable/teachable because he has a reasonable base level of skill to work with.

He's downright awful on pick and rolls right now, but he's showing signs of being able to exploit his size in the post.

I like his rebounding tenacity as well.

Buddy Holly
I'd love for Ian to get some time on the court, but alas I doubt Pop does so even though every goddamn time Ian plays any significant minutes and puts up good numbers, he's always put back at the end of the bench.

DesignatedT
Mahinmi has a future with the spurs. His size is to huge of an asset, and he's clearly coachable/teachable because he has a reasonable base level of skill to work with.

He's downright awful on pick and rolls right now, but he's showing signs of being able to exploit his size in the post.

I like his rebounding tenacity as well.

hes a free agent.. well see what happens then.

jestersmash
04-13-2010, 01:03 AM
My worst nightmare is mahinmi turning out to be the next scola, or someone even greater...for another team because we didn't give him a chance (or too few meaningful chances)

Buddy Holly
04-13-2010, 01:03 AM
hes a free agent.. well see what happens then.

I think he's back unless some team makes him an above value offer.

jason1301
04-13-2010, 01:06 AM

post of the day, :)

Man In Black
04-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Contact your doctor or seek emergency medical attention if your erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours. A prolonged erection (priapism) can damage the penis.

That is all.

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2010, 01:08 AM
It really is such a mystery with Mahimni..hopefully we'll know more in the off-season..

Reichen Lehmkuhl
04-13-2010, 01:09 AM
I have an erection.

:ttiwwp:

honestfool84
04-13-2010, 01:19 AM

sick.

please, don't.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 01:20 AM
sick.

please, don't.

awww NUTS!!! HA get it. :D

bigdog
04-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Mahinmi looked good tonight, despite the foul trouble. I liked that he was aggressive against Jefferson and Love, and he definitely changed a few shots in the paint. Hell, if he fouled out every game but put up numbers half of what he did tonight, I'd be happy.

NFGIII
04-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Ian did look good and I would like for him to come back. And maybe he does but in this league I wouldn't put it pass some of the teams out there to throw some money at him. We all know that he has much upside but has been injury prone and needs help with fouling but you can't teach size. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's gone to another team next year.

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2010, 02:11 AM
I'd be absolutely shocked if he isn't on an NBA team next year TBH..

04-13-2010, 03:34 AM
didn't mahinmi foul out under 20 minutes? i think foul trouble has always been the reason why popovich never played him. if mahinmi can't get it right by now, he's not going to have a career in the nba.

xellos88330
04-13-2010, 03:45 AM
didn't mahinmi foul out under 20 minutes? i think foul trouble has always been the reason why popovich never played him. if mahinmi can't get it right by now, he's not going to have a career in the nba.

Yes he did wind up fouling out. I will only argue one of the calls made against him and that was the foul about 5 seconds before he commited his last foul. I don't know how Mahinmi was called for a loose ball foul when he was getting clotheslined and clearly had position.

TJastal
04-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Who cares about the fouls.. the guy isn't going to be counted on as a starter anytime soon, if he comes back next year he'll be a 20-25 min bench player MAX. In this role he'll have all next year to learn without the pressure of being a starter.

Screw friggin Splitter, let's make sure we keep and develop Ian Mahinmi. He's got good hands, he's athletic, shoots well, runs the floor well, rebounds, defends, blocks shots.. and he'll come at a price tag that I'm sure Peter Holt can live with.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 04:16 AM
Who cares about the fouls.:lol

the guy isn't going to be counted on as a starter anytime soon, if he comes back next year he'll be a 20-25 min bench player MAX.He probably wouldn't last that long without fouling out.

Screw friggin Splitter, let's make sure we keep and develop Ian Mahinmi.:rollin

#2!
04-13-2010, 04:21 AM

:lmao

TJastal
04-13-2010, 06:02 AM
:lol
He probably wouldn't last that long without fouling out.

:rollin

Laugh all you want, but realistically the spurs are going to be cash strapped enough trying to resign Hill and Parker (I'm assuming right now they will try to do that) they aren't going to have the $$$ Splitter is going to ask for (MLE at least). And quite frankly, that's more money than I'm willing to risk on a guy who is completely unproven in the nba.

mountainballer
04-13-2010, 06:11 AM
?
Splitter could ask for the MLE AT MOST and not AT LEAST.
and his signing this summer doesn't cause a conflict with a theoretically re signing of Tony in 2011 or Hill in 2012. (unless you tried to say that the Spurs should only hand out minimum contracts till they have re signed Tony and Hill)

stéphane
04-13-2010, 06:48 AM
And quite frankly, that's more money than I'm willing to risk on a guy who is completely unproven in the nba.

I can bet safely that you never saw him play.

TJastal
04-13-2010, 06:56 AM
?
Splitter could ask for the MLE AT MOST and not AT LEAST.
and his signing this summer doesn't cause a conflict with a theoretically re signing of Tony in 2011 or Hill in 2012. (unless you tried to say that the Spurs should only hand out minimum contracts till they have re signed Tony and Hill)

I'm thinking long term, if the salary cap shrinks as expected there could be issues... esp if the spurs want to resign a small forward in the Jefferson mold (or Jefferson himself), Bonner, RMJ?, Bogans, etc

I think its possible Splitter could ask for more than MLE type money.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/02/23/spurs-face-a-possible-bidding-war-for-splitter/

But for a man who pays 94 million euros for a player, any amount that has a single digit next to the word million is a pittancep

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1932802/economys_effect_on_nba_a_lower_salary.html

Now, reports are suggesting that the salary cap for that same season could be as low as $50 million, and at best, $53 million

TJastal
04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
I can bet safely that you never saw him play.

In the nba? Wow, guess I missed that year... was that before or after the year Marcus Haislip torched his team for 27?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Laugh all you wantOK.

:lol

I'll take back Ian for whatever raise is possible not using an exception.

G-Dawgg
04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
I'd imagine that the Spurs will hold on to him.. they probably just didn't want him to drive up his market value by letting him showcase the things he can do after investing 5 years into his development. I'd imagine that if the Spurs DO manage to extend his contract for cheap, he'll start getting playing time.

Remeber, even Stephen Jackson endured his tenure on the bench for a few years, but he eventually got his shot.

OrEmuN
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM

I am sure G.Hill will oblige. :lol