View Full Version : I have no interest in watching the East First Round

picc84
04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Cleveland - who cares
Orlando - Bobcats
ATL - Miami
Boston - Milwaukee

Wake me up when its over. :sleep

The only low seed with a chance is Miami, and they're playing Atlanta...no interest there. Shit doesn't get real until round 2 for anyone.

Actually, I have no interest in a Portland/Denver snorefest either, other than maybe to see if Melo gets shot oncourt and JR Smith slips on the blood going for a windmill. Not really interested in Utah/Phoenix if that happens either. Or any Utah matchup for that matter. Far as i'm concerned they might as well not even exist.

Looks like the only source of entertainment will be SA/Dallas and Lakers/Thunder. Gonna be a fun week. :wakeup

Basketballgirl25
04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Cleveland - who cares
Orlando - Bobcats
ATL - Miami
Boston - Milwaukee

Wake me up when its over. :sleep

The only low seed with a chance is Miami, and they're playing Atlanta...no interest there. Shit doesn't get real until round 2 for anyone.

Actually, I have no interest in a Portland/Denver snorefest either, other than maybe to see if Melo gets shot oncourt and JR Smith slips on the blood going for a windmill. Not really interested in Utah/Phoenix if that happens either. Or any Utah matchup for that matter. Far as i'm concerned they might as well not even exist.

Looks like the only source of entertainment will be SA/Dallas and Lakers/Thunder. Gonna be a fun week. :wakeup

SA/Dallas is entertainment?:bang, watching the Nets lose is better entertainment then watching those teams play. Last year it was good, but two years in a row not so much. Lakers and Thunder are good entertainment though

JamStone
04-13-2010, 09:46 AM
If Andrew Bogut didn't get injured, I would have picked Milwaukee to upset the Celtics. After all, we all know the Bucks could beat the Mavericks. Comparatively, the Celtics would be a piece of cake. Too bad Bogut broke his chicken wing.

But, it's true the match-ups don't look all that entertaining. I would like to see Derrick Rose shit all over Mo Williams though even though the Bulls will probably get swept.

ChrisRichards
04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
There's a few reasons.

Bucks and Celtics just dont like each other. The Glen Davis and B Jennings incident followed by Kurt Thomas and Glen Davis and then Jerry Stackhouse and Pau Pierce. Skiles is a competitve coach who brings out the best out of his young players. I expect this series to be physical and dirty.

Cavs-Bulls. Chicago only needs to win 1 game in the first 3 games and we'll have an exciting series. Id like to see Joakim talk his smack on Lebron again. I can guarantee there's at least 1 hard foul coming for the King.

It would've been better if Charlotte slipped down to #8 and faces the Cavs IMO.

Heat and Hawks. Im not too optimistic about this one. Basically its going to be Wade vs the Hawks. Our biggest X factor is Beasley. His performance will determine if the Heat will succumb in 5 games or if we can stretch it out to 7. but no way we'll win this one. Atlanta's depth overpowers us.

picc84
04-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Forgot about the Noah/Bron thing. Things could heat up quickly if Lebron starts to dance during a Cavs blowout and Noah tries to strangle him with his ponytail.

I wasn't aware of a Bucks/Celtics incident. Still, don't really like either team and dont especially like seeing either of them play.

Charlotte/Cleveland would have been the only interesting series. Orlando will probably shellack them.

Bender
04-13-2010, 10:27 AM
I have no interest in watching the East... period.

jestersmash
04-13-2010, 10:38 AM
SA/Dallas is entertainment?:bang, watching the Nets lose is better entertainment then watching those teams play. Last year it was good, but two years in a row not so much. Lakers and Thunder are good entertainment though

how about you get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich you blaspheming whore

this "HURRU SA = BORING THEY'RE OLD AND BORING" shit gets really old really fast.

Ginobili, Parker, and Hill are among the most interesting players to watch in the league.

Basketballgirl25
04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
how about you get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich you blaspheming whore

this "HURRU SA = BORING THEY'RE OLD AND BORING" shit gets really old really fast.

Ginobili, Parker, and Hill are among the most interesting players to watch in the league.

Actually I never said SA was old and boring. SA is fun to watch besides when they play Dallas. Now Dallas is boring I mean do I really want to see Dirk(um no thanks) I could watch SA other then when they play Dallas they do got interesting players

Basketballgirl25
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I have no interest in watching the East... period.

agreed, then yet again I have no interest in watching the West either so it's all good. My team is out so baseball season watching has begun, NBA is over till draft night anyway:lol

JamStone
04-13-2010, 11:00 AM
How is Dirk boring?

He might be soft, but it's fun to watch a legitimate 7-footer with the skill set that he has.

Dallas has a few fucktards on their team, but they're not boring to watch.

Basketballgirl25
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
How is Dirk boring?

He might be soft, but it's fun to watch a legitimate 7-footer with the skill set that he has.

Dallas has a few fucktards on their team, but they're not boring to watch.

I just don't find Dirk fun to watch he doesn't dunk much, well maybe this year he started? Haven't been following him this year so if he started dunking more I wouldn't know. I've mostly seen him do the same things every game. Now I don't watch him every game so maybe he changes at times and does different moves, but from what I can watch on tv he is boring. Not the type of player that excites me, and also he is one of the older players in the league. I'm more into seeing younger players always have always will

anonoftheinternets
04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
orlando bobcats might be good, larry brown is a good PO coach. and they have tyson who is decent defensively on howard. Not to mention their slow physical style of play might pay off against the trigger happy orlando magic.

Kamnik
04-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Without Bogut I really have noone (realistically) to cheer for in the first round.

It will be a 1st round snooz fest in the east...

But on the other hand western conference first round will show 8 good teams so there is no worries of being too dissapointed...

Bob Lanier
04-13-2010, 01:04 PM
But on the other hand western conference first round will show 8 good teams so there is no worries of being too dissapointed...
8 "good teams," of which maybe four would make the playoffs in the East and one or two would make it out of the first round.

Ghazi
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
You such a west hater man :lol

resistanze
04-13-2010, 01:28 PM
What's remarkable is that Lakers or Spurs have represented the West 10 out of the past 11 years. In that same span, 9 different teams have represented the East. So much for parity. :lol

Pelicans78
04-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Actually, the Miami-Boston and Charlotte-Orlando series will be pretty good.

Xylus
04-13-2010, 03:17 PM
8 "good teams," of which maybe four would make the playoffs in the East and one or two would make it out of the first round.

This is honestly the dumbest thing anyone's ever said on SpursTalk.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-13-2010, 05:16 PM

God you are retarded. The 8th place team in the West would currently be 5th in the East.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-13-2010, 05:18 PM
This is honestly the dumbest thing anyone's ever said on SpursTalk.

It doesn't top that one comment someone made about how much it would suck to live in a city where you couldn't go to a basketball arena and stare at championship trophies, plus I think it's just another bad trolling attempt from Bob Lanier.

Xylus
04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
It doesn't top that one comment someone made about how much it would suck to live in a city where you couldn't go to a basketball arena and stare at championship trophies, plus I think it's just another bad trolling attempt from Bob Lanier.

:lmao Who was it that said that?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-13-2010, 05:21 PM
:lmao Who was it that said that?

I forget who said it but I honestly couldn't stop laughing at it, two of the people I live with thought I was having a a seizure or something.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Here it is, what a lovely comment:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4125961&postcount=69

badfish22
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Here it is, what a lovely comment:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4125961&postcount=69

The funniest thing was all the spur fans (and djohn) replying with :lmao:lmao:lmao:toast:toast:toast:toast:toast:lol: lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lobt::lobt: