Bruno
04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_maurice_evans.jpg
Born: Nov 8, 1978
Height: 6-5 / 1.96
Weight: 220 lbs. / 99.8 kg.
College: Texas
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_evans/career_stats.html)

He has a $2.5M player option for 2010-2011.

mountainballer
04-14-2010, 03:16 AM
he has announced that he will opt out of his contract.
this doesn't mean he wants to leave Atlanta, might very well re sign there (will depend if Hawks re sign JJ and/or bring back Childress), but at 31 he will also try to get as many years as possible. he might even take a pay cut, if he can get 3 guaranteed years. (3 years/6million?). could be an interesting option for the Bogans role, if there is enough money left from the MLE, after the Splitter signing. (if there is any left at all)

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Apparently he's looking for more guaranteed money more than he's looking for more years according to Atlanta reports..can Atlanta give him more $ with their situation?..BAE for multiple years?..

Mr. Body
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Somewhere I read this guy has the lowest turnover rate in the NBA.

mountainballer
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
tough, plays defense, doesn't turn it over and can hit the open 3. he offers a lot Pop usually asks from a role player.

benefactor
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
On a team that will have a lot of young players next year, he would be a nice veteran addition. I agree with mountainballer that he pretty much fits perfectly into what the Spurs look for in a role player at the wing.

TD 21
05-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Even though I've been touting Bell to fill this role, my gut feeling is the Spurs sign Evans. I'd be fine with this. In fact, you could easily make the argument that he's actually a better fit for the Spurs than Bell. Like benefactor said, he pretty much fits perfectly into what the Spurs need in a backup wing (though I'd prefer if he were two inches taller). Basically, he's the rich man's Bogans/Udoka. He's in their mold, only far more athletic, quicker laterally and a better three point shooter, even though he didn't shoot it well this season.

He may want more money, but I think guys like him and Bonner are the ones who are going to get squeezed. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's available well into free agency, when most teams have spent their money and he ends up having to take the LLE or the bi-annual exception from a team like the Spurs.