Bruno
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_acie_law.jpg
Born: Jan 25, 1985
Height: 6-3 / 1.91
Weight: 202 lbs. / 91.6 kg.
College: Texas A&M
Years Pro: 2

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/acie_law/career_stats.html)

Mel_13
12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
MEMPHIS, December 4, 2010– The Grizzlies waived guard Acie Law, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grizzlies_waive_guard_acie_law-101204.html

SenorSpur
12-05-2010, 09:49 AM
An upgrade to Chris Quinn, perhaps?

Libri
12-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I remember some calling him a potential bust during the draft.

yavozerb
12-05-2010, 12:08 PM
An upgrade to Chris Quinn, perhaps?

I will take quinn and his shooting over Law (who doesnt seem to do anything above average) anyday..

Thompson
12-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Law was awesome at A&M, he was clutch as hell. I'm disappointed he hasn't been able to succeed at the next level.

spurtech09
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
nerves

Cant_Be_Faded
12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I say pick him up drop quinn

He could be a Anthony Goldwire, John Hart, Anthony Carter kind of role for us.

ChuckD
12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Acie Law is, by NBA standards, a below average athlete. If that's the case, you're going to have a hard time either scoring or distributing if you aren't a knock down shooter to keep defenders from sagging off you. Acie is anything but a knock down shooter. He's also not terribly quick. The third thing he isn't is an improvement over Quinn, who can at least shoot.

concken
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I remember some calling him a potential bust during the draft.

bust

Cant_Be_Faded
12-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Acie Law is, by NBA standards, a below average athlete. If that's the case, you're going to have a hard time either scoring or distributing if you aren't a knock down shooter to keep defenders from sagging off you. Acie is anything but a knock down shooter. He's also not terribly quick. The third thing he isn't is an improvement over Quinn, who can at least shoot.

I know Quinn is white, and in the NBA, and everyone keeps saying he can shoot. But I have hardly seen him shoot, much less to prove he "is good" at shooting.

It's the 3rd string PG. Acie Law can defend, get to the line, and has Spur Personality written all over him.

Bruno
12-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Law was horrible with Memphis this year. For the reference, 342 players have played more than 80min this year, Law is 342th on the PER stat.

Saying that, Quinn has been nowhere near great with Spurs. He definitively isn't in the "must keep" category. It wouldn't be surprising to see Spurs cutting him before January 5th when his contract becomes guaranteed. In that case, Law wouldn't be really worse than the other PGs Spurs could try.

yavozerb
12-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I say pick him up drop quinn

He could be a Anthony Goldwire, John Hart, Anthony Carter kind of role for us.

Is there something you know about Law that the rest of the NBA doesnt?

I know Quinn is white, and in the NBA, and everyone keeps saying he can shoot. But I have hardly seen him shoot, much less to prove he "is good" at shooting.

It's the 3rd string PG. Acie Law can defend, get to the line, and has Spur Personality written all over him.

Quinn = career 3pt% is 39%, 5 ppg and 0.5 turnovers in 15 minutes per game

Law = career 3pt% is 25%, 4ppg and 0.75 turnovers in 12 minutes per game.

I think I would stick with Quinn unless financially its much cheaper for someone else to take over the 3rd string pg position.

Mel_13
12-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Acie Law is expected to sign with the Golden State Warriors tomorrow, according to sources.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

jjktkk
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks for pointing out Quinn's skin color. Who knew? If Acie Law can do all of these things, why can't he stick with a NBA team? How many teams has Law played on? 3?

ChuckD
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Quinn = career 3pt% is 39%, 5 ppg and 0.5 turnovers in 15 minutes per game

Law = career 3pt% is 25%, 4ppg and 0.75 turnovers in 12 minutes per game.

I think I would stick with Quinn unless financially its much cheaper for someone else to take over the 3rd string pg position.

This. I'm not sure what you can get from a 3rd string PG, and I'm not sure if there is anyone willing to take on that role who's better than Quinn.

Nathan Explosion
12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Law was awesome at A&M, he was clutch as hell. I'm disappointed he hasn't been able to succeed at the next level.

This. I saw Law go toe to toe with Durant in a very pivotal game late in the season. The guy could defend, was tough as nails, and was clutch as hell down the stretch.

What happpend?

Mel_13
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
This. I saw Law go toe to toe with Durant in a very pivotal game late in the season. The guy could defend, was tough as nails, and was clutch as hell down the stretch.

What happpend?

The NBA happened.

Durant had enough talent to make the jump, Law didn't. At least not at the level they displayed in college.

ChuckD
12-10-2010, 02:54 AM

What happpend?

The NBA happened.

Durant had enough talent to make the jump, Law didn't. At least not at the level they displayed in college.

This. The NBA game is SO much faster and more physical than the NCAA that only a very few can make the jump. Athleticism, monster rebounding, or knockdown shooting are the usual keys.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Law apparently landed in Golden State. He's on espn right now leading the GS 2nd unit.

Looks solid.