Bruno
04-13-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_jannero_pargo.jpg
Born: Oct 22, 1979
Height: 6-1 / 1.85
Weight: 185 lbs. / 83.9 kg.
College: Arkansas
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jannero_pargo/career_stats.html)

lurker23
06-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Was thinking about this guy after looking through some of Shamsports' cap space profiles. Bulls will likely renounce rights to him to use the associated cap space, not that they really have any Bird rights to him anyway.

Bulls were able to sign him last summer for the LLE, so he should be in the Spurs price range, especially after a very poor shooting year. Spurs have shown some interest in him before, admittedly before George Hill's emergence. Assuming the Spurs feel he can regain his shooting touch, he might be worth buying on the cheap. However, there are only two scenarios I can think of where this might occur:

1.) Spurs are seriously considering trading Parker, without getting a passable PG in return. Hill/Pargo would be a downgrade at the PG position, but it might be the best they can do given their resources.

2.) Spurs want Hill to focus exclusively on the SG position, with Pargo being the primary 10 mpg backup behind Parker.

I've suggested idea #2 in the past, though Pargo doesn't have to be included. The Spurs could easily do something like this with Garrett Temple, with Parker/Temple as the primary PGs and Manu/Hill/RJ getting most of the 2/3 minutes (perhaps all of them come playoff time).

Spurs Brazil
06-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I was think about Pargo the other day, then I went to see his stats last season and he was horrible shooting the ball. I think Hill will be the starting 2 next year so I think Pop will try to sign a guy to play 10-15 minutes behind Tony

ChuckD
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Meh. Pargo is a VERY inefficient player. He's only shot over 40% once for a full season. That's FG% not 3G%. :wow

8FOR!3
06-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Pargo sucks. We might as well move Bogans to fucking point guard before we pick up this crap.

Chieflion
06-13-2010, 07:26 PM
We don't need to see Tony Parker defer 13 shots to Pargo in a playoff elimination game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-13-2010, 11:39 PM
A big no from me. He's a guy who can get white-hot occasionally (like he did for NO against us once a couple of years ago), but he's inefficient and a gunner, not a true PG.

Pass.