PDA

View Full Version : Lmao!

The Ressurrected One
05-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Cigarette smokers' revenge (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/printle20050505.shtml)

May 5, 2005

No more smokers. Is the next step no more Democrats?

So the CEO of a Michigan company announced a no-more-smokers policy. Employees of Weyco Inc. could not smoke at the office, in the parking lot, in an ally or even at home. Weyco founder Howard Weyers gave his employees who smoked 15 months warning and offered them smoking cessation courses. Weyco eventually fired or forced out workers who refused to take nicotine tests to show that they did not smoke.

"We're not telling you, you can't smoke," said Weyco CFO Gary Climes. "We're telling you, you can't smoke and work here." Weyco says it expects to reduce its health-care costs. Action on Smoking and Health, an anti-smoking advocacy group, says that the cost of smokers' medical care is $3,000 a year more than non-smokers, and that lost productivity caused by illness and smoking breaks during the workday costs the employer another $2,000 a year per smoker.

Across the country, nearly 5,000 municipalities require 100 percent smoke-free workplaces and/or restaurants and/or bars. Some localities go even farther. In Montgomery County, Md., councilmen approved one of the most restrictive anti-smoking measures in the nation, setting stiff fines for people who smoke in their own homes if it offends their neighbors.

"You can smoke in your house, but if you smoke on your property or in your home, that smoke cannot interfere unreasonably with your neighbor," said Isiah Leggett, a Montgomery council member."

In San Francisco, the Board of Supervisors passed an ordinance banning smoking in all city parks. The simple act of lighting up a cigarette while outdoors in a San Francisco park will cost you several hundred dollars in fines. The ordinance extends to city parks, recreation centers and open spaces.

Taking this to the next logical step, Investors Property Management, a Seattle-based company, simply refuses to hire cigarette smokers. But not because of health-care costs. Vice president Dieter Benz says he stopped hiring smokers three years ago because he did not want his company associated with the negative image of cigarette smokers.

"The image of smokers is they aren't well educated, they don't care about themselves or others, they are less mentally stable," said Benz. "We don't want that image associated with our company, so we won't hire them." Wow.

So smokers look bad, and -- as a class -- lead less happy lives. There is some support for Benz's claim. Recent studies find smokers 4.7 times more likely to suffer from major depression than the general population. Dozens of other surveys show cigarette users more likely to have anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, alcoholism and drug addiction. Smokers also demonstrate higher levels of neuroticism and high-risk behaviors, and demonstrate poorer impulse control than nonsmokers.

Researchers at Michigan State University and Detroit's Henry Ford Health System found that daily smokers were 174 percent more likely than nonsmokers to seriously consider or attempt suicide. And a study of almost 7,000 Navy recruits entering active duty in 2001 found that smokers were five times more likely to have skipped classes in high school and more likely to have committed crimes than nonsmokers.

Weyco Inc. and Investors Property Management may be onto something. If employers seek to control costs, improve morale, boost the company image and reduce workplace drama, why not refuse to hire ... Democrats?

Democrats -- compared to Republicans -- on average are less affluent, more unhappy, more prone to anti-social behavior, more prone to self-destructive behavior, and more likely to have been shot at, robbed or burglarized. More of them see X-rated movies, more of them smoke, and they're less likely to be married and more likely to have separated or divorced.

George Washington University professor Lee Sigelman looked at 22 years of survey data collected by University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center. Overall, he found Democrats less affluent, more distrustful, more sickly and more suicidal, and thus doomed to an earlier death. In short, Democrats as a class -- like smokers -- have, uh, issues. So let's just extend this hiring ban to cover unhappy, anti-social, self-destructive, unhealthy Democrats.

And what about last year's "Primetime Live" sex survey? It found Republicans, more than Democrats, to be satisfied with their sex lives, more likely to wear something sexy to entice their partner and more likely to be in a committed relationship, in which they claim to be very satisfied. The survey also found that Republicans are less likely to cheat on their partner or to fake orgasms. No wonder Democrats are unhappy, unhealthy and anti-social.

Poor smokers. Can't smoke in the office, can't smoke on the factory floor, can't smoke in a company car. You can't smoke in a restaurant. You can't go outside, down the street, down the ally or down the manhole. You gotta go three-and-a-half miles, you'll see a Denny's, make a right, if you come to an International House of Pancakes, you've gone too far.

But take comfort. Things could be worse. You could be a smoker -- and a Democrat.

SPARKY
05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Holy crap it's the right wing Nbadan.

The Ressurrected One
05-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Holy crap it's the right wing Nbadan.
I didn't say I endorsed the idea...just that it was funny.

Nbadan
05-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Hell Yeah, Where's my Oxycontin?

- Rush Limpballs

The Ressurrected One
05-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Hell Yeah, Where's my Oxycontin?

- Rush Limpballs
I hear he's off the stuff. What's your excuse for being a crazy, neurotic, conspiracist? By the way, what's that got to do with anything...

I'm guessing your Rush Limbaugh insults must be akin to Ted Kennedy's incoherent babbling when he gets to the middle of a speech, forgets where he was headed, and starts drooling.

Can't think of anything to say...insult a Conservative.

mookie2001
05-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm guessing your Rush Limbaugh insults must be akin to Ted Kennedy's incoherent babbling when he gets to the middle of a speech, forgets where he was headed, and starts drooling.

do you feel the need to take up for every conservative bastard in this whole country?, my god, the BTK killer made limbaugh look like me, can you defend him?, rush limbaugh is a drug user who obtained hundreds of pounds of drugs illegally, he's no different then some young addict in the city looking to score coke, i mean the guy gets a pass because he's a millionare who wears a suit.

Can't think of anything to say...insult a Conservative.
yeah i mean, theyre the only ones who love this country...and vacations
theyre also the only ones who work hard and believe in god, so why insult such people?

Nbadan
05-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Democrats -- compared to Republicans -- on average are less affluent, more unhappy, more prone to anti-social behavior, more prone to self-destructive behavior, and more likely to have been shot at, robbed or burglarized. More of them see X-rated movies, more of them smoke, and they're less likely to be married and more likely to have separated or divorced

:rolleyes

There tend to be many more Democrats than Republicans. I would venture to guess that of the 48% of the public that never votes, more than 35% are or lean Democrat. Democrats tend to be less affulent because the Democratic Party is the party of inclusion. White, black, hispanic, Asian, gay doesn't matter. Democrats generally tend to be younger and less affluent, and of course, most don't live in gated communities in the burbs.

I'm sure if we took a survey the Megaplex on 281 would be doing equal business to the Megaplex on 35. Democrats tend to be less secretive about their sexual behavior than their often sexually-repressed conservative counter-parts.

The Ressurrected One
05-06-2005, 08:37 AM
"do you feel the need to take up for every conservative bastard in this whole country?,..."
Actually no. And, I wasn't defending Rush Limbaugh (to whom I don't listen because he's pretty much a bombastic blowhard that's way too far to the right for my liking) so much as exposing liberal hypocricy.

The Left is quick to excuse, accommodate, exonerate, legitimize, and accept the bad behavior of non-conservatives when they discover that behavior is caused by some flaw or weakness in the character of the person.

However, let a Conservative -- any conservative -- possibly demonstrate a weakness and you're ready to throw him into the burning depths of Hell without so much as a trial.

The evidence that Rush Limbaugh is a criminal is not any better and, in fact, is much more uncertain -- from a public perspective -- than the evidence that Bill Clinton is a criminal. It is only upon their political ideology that you base your level of compassion and forgiveness.

"...my god, the BTK killer made limbaugh look like me, can you defend him?,..."
I'm not sure I understand your reference.

"...rush limbaugh is a drug user..."
We're all drug users. Drug abuser is probably to what you were wanting to refer.

"...who obtained hundreds of pounds of drugs illegally,..."
That a point of law over which no one in this forum is qualified to make a judgement. Neither you nor I have any idea if he broke any laws. So far, there have been no charges filed and all the allegations have resulted from the media's coverage.

"...he's no different then some young addict in the city looking to score coke,..."
I think that's arguable but, I'm not inclined to do so or disagree...anymore than arguing or disagreeing that you are no different than some young addict in the city looking to score coke.

"...i mean the guy gets a pass because he's a millionare who wears a suit."
Actually, attention is focused on his case because he is a personality. And, in fact, his appeal over medical records was denied at the state court level. I don't see him getting a pass...so far.

"...yeah i mean, theyre the only ones who love this country...and vacations
theyre also the only ones who work hard and believe in god, so why insult such people?"
Like I said, I won't argue or disagree that you may be a drug addict...based on that statement alone. WTF were you trying to say?

mookie2001
05-06-2005, 12:38 PM
yes you and clan have exposed me and elpimpo as drug addicts, congats
great diagnosis

The Ressurrected One
05-06-2005, 12:46 PM
yes you and clan have exposed me and elpimpo as drug addicts, congats
great diagnosis
No problem...now, get help!

mookie2001
05-06-2005, 01:08 PM
naw
im gonna throw my life away and continue my daily dependent use of large amounts of dangerous drugs
but ill keep posting on here to let yall know how its going
if yall dont hear from me for more than a week or so im probably Od'ed and im lying in some gutter or got killed execution style by my mexican mafia drug suppliers

The Ressurrected One
05-06-2005, 01:23 PM
naw
im gonna throw my life away and continue my daily dependent use of large amounts of dangerous drugs
put ill keep posting on here to let yall know how its going
if yall dont here for me for more than a week or so im probably Od'ed and im lying in some gutter or got killed execution style by my mexican mafia drug suppliers
No problem...knock yourself out.

Extra Stout
05-06-2005, 02:34 PM
naw
but ill keep posting on here to let yall know how its going
if yall dont hear from me for more than a week or so im probably Od'ed and im lying in some gutter or got killed execution style by my mexican mafia drug suppliersSee where being a Democrat takes you? It's not too late. You can even become a John McCain Republican. We take them in too.

You'll live nine years longer, be richer, healthier, taller, better-looking, cleaner, your breath won't smell anymore, you'll have more friends, you won't be as susceptible to communicable diseases or mental illness, and you'll enjoy going on vacation.

It's a great deal.

mookie2001
05-06-2005, 04:36 PM
i will admit i have used illegal drugs in the past, 99% would be one drug,
but i cant right now
anyway true i dont smoke
its just funny how TRO and vacationlover are so quick to belittle us when i when i was obviously being sarcastic, even they are smart enough to know that
they just hope someone will read their post and think theyre better than me

The Ressurrected One
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
"...when i was obviously being sarcastic..."
So was I! Get over it already.

NameDropper
05-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Rumor has it many conservatives do drugs, fornicate, use profanity, don't go to church, don't stand up during the National Anthem and are quite frankly poor excuses for Americans.

Please feel free to replace "conservatives" with "liberals".

Drachen
05-08-2005, 03:59 PM
do you feel the need to take up for every conservative bastard in this whole country?, my god, the BTK killer made limbaugh look like me, can you defend him?, rush limbaugh is a drug user who obtained hundreds of pounds of drugs illegally, he's no different then some young addict in the city looking to score coke, i mean the guy gets a pass because he's a millionare who wears a suit.

yeah i mean, theyre the only ones who love this country...and vacations
theyre also the only ones who work hard and believe in god, so why insult such people?

I keep seeing people referring to vacations as if it were some political thing... what is this all about?

Bandit2981
05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I keep seeing people referring to vacations as if it were some political thing... what is this all about?
i could be wrong, but my assumption is he was referring to Bush taking the most vacations of any president, and tom delays vacations paid for by powerful lobbyists

mookie2001
05-08-2005, 05:28 PM
extrastout brewmaster was saying that leftist didnt like vacations, only normal people did, here it is, in "$4 a gallon" thread no less, it made me laugh for like 5 minutes

Leftists seem to enjoy these doomsday scenarios. It's a dream... to see all that suffering, and then to bellow out, "I told you so, I told you so..." Normal people daydream of falling in love, or of living the good life, or of visiting some paradise, or some other kind of fun. Leftists daydream about the collapse of American society and widespread suffering among millions.
This is because they are evil, deranged creatures. They really hate America that much. They want this nation to fail. Fuck them.

to which i replied

the knowledge
republicans= normal, love loving, life loving, vacation loving
non-republicans= abnormal, love hating, life hating, vacation hating, america hating