Bruno
04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_anthony_tolliver.jpg
Born: Jun 1, 1985
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 243 lbs. / 110.2 kg.
College: Creighton
Years Pro: 1

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/career_stats.html)

RFA

TD 21
06-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Unless the Spurs move 20 for two picks and end up with Brackins (or take Brackins at 20, though I think they'll go with a guard/wing), I still say Tolliver ends up back with the Spurs.

Sure, he played well for the Warriors last season and they like him, but they're already well stocked up front and will be even moreso if, as expected, they draft Udoh tomorrow. Even in the event they don't, the alternative is most likely Monroe. Add one of them to Biedrins, Wright, Randolph (can play SF), Turiaf, Radmanovic (can play SF) and Gadzuric and it makes no sense to bring back Tolliver, who'll likely at least want to be in a situation where he's on the active roster regularly. Barring trade/buy out, the Warriors can't offer that.

Radmanovic and Gadzuric are buy out candidates, as they're both on expiring contracts, but that's probably more likely post trade deadline, assuming they're not traded before then.

Tolliver is not some big time prospect to where the Warriors won't want to relinquish his rights. I assume they'll let him go if they don't have room for him.

DesignatedT
06-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Doubt GS lets him go. He played very well for them last season.

TD 21
06-24-2010, 11:34 PM
After reviewing the free agent list and seeing who the Spurs drafted, I don't think Tolliver will be their first option to fill the fifth big role. I'm not ruling it out and wouldn't be surprised, but I was unaware that Novak was unrestricted (I thought he was restricted).

With Anderson on board to fill the wing shooter role off the bench, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Spurs forgo signing a veteran wing, such as Jones. They already have a younger, more athletic shooter (who's supposed to be ready to contribute immediately) to bring off the bench now, so why further bury Hairston and Gee? The Spurs wanted to get younger and more athletic. A guy like Jones or someone of that ilk was necessary if they didn't get a wing who could step right in and play.

This would still leave them without a long three/combo forward/stretch four. Novak would be a perfect fit in this role, even though he can't guard his own shadow.

The Spurs should sign Splitter, sign Novak, find a fifth big who's more of a long, mobile, rim protector type (Mahinmi would be ideal, but I doubt he re-signs; they could have Richards in this role, but he's not ready for the NBA and Novak is more of a three than a four, so they'd be somewhat thin on the front line), maybe bring in an SF on a non-guaranteed deal for training camp and call it an off season.

SenorSpur
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't have a problem at all if Tolliver were to return, for a cheap contract, in place of Bonner.

I don't know much about Novak. I'll search the think tank for more information.

jjktkk
06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
After reviewing the free agent list and seeing who the Spurs drafted, I don't think Tolliver will be their first option to fill the fifth big role. I'm not ruling it out and wouldn't be surprised, but I was unaware that Novak was unrestricted (I thought he was restricted).

With Anderson on board to fill the wing shooter role off the bench, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Spurs forgo signing a veteran wing, such as Jones. They already have a younger, more athletic shooter (who's supposed to be ready to contribute immediately) to bring off the bench now, so why further bury Hairston and Gee? The Spurs wanted to get younger and more athletic. A guy like Jones or someone of that ilk was necessary if they didn't get a wing who could step right in and play.

This would still leave them without a long three/combo forward/stretch four. Novak would be a perfect fit in this role, even though he can't guard his own shadow.

The Spurs should sign Splitter, sign Novak, find a fifth big who's more of a long, mobile, rim protector type (Mahinmi would be ideal, but I doubt he re-signs; they could have Richards in this role, but he's not ready for the NBA and Novak is more of a three than a four, so they'd be somewhat thin on the front line), maybe bring in an SF on a non-guaranteed deal for training camp and call it an off season.

IMO Novak is no better than Bonner. Tolliver is a better all around player. Better defender and rebounder than Novak.

TD 21
06-25-2010, 05:43 PM
It's not about whether Novak is better than Bonner (he isn't), it's the fact that he can play both forward positions and offers the same primary skill Bonner does, only for a fraction of the price.

Tolliver is definitely a better player, but if it's strictly shooting the Spurs are after, Novak is a better shooter and he can play two positions.

Mel_13
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Looks like Tolliver will be an unrestricted FA:

Riley said on Monday that the Warriors will make qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson but will not extend one to center Chris Hunter. As for Anthony Tolliver, he’s not getting one, either, although Riley wouldn’t go so far as to confirm that.

What that means is that Morrow and Watson are officially restricted free agents, giving the Warriors the right of first refusal when it comes to re-signing them. Hunter and Tolliver will become unrestricted free agents on July 1.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/06/28/10/Ws-Wont-Give-Qualifying-Offers-to-Tolliv/landing_steinmetz_v3.html?blockID=262181&feedID=5875

kbrury
06-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm all for getting Tolliver back in place of Bonner but I don't think it will happen.

SenorSpur
06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
i'm all for getting tolliver back in place of bonner but i don't think it will happen.

+1

mountainballer
06-28-2010, 05:52 PM
nice option. Spurs should at least call.

coyotes_geek
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
ALWAYS be leery of guys who have some kind of an offensive "breakout" experience playing for Don Nelson.

TD 21
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I knew the Warriors wouldn't bring him back. Now that he's on his way to being unrestricted, I think it's a dead heat between him and Novak. I'd be surprised if one of them is not a Spur next season. It all just depends on how they want to make up their roster.

Do they want a true big like Tolliver, who can provide serviceable minutes in case of injury/blowout or when Duncan/McDyess get's a game off or do they want a combo forward, who's a better three point shooter, which would mean they'd go a different direction with their fifth big spot (I assume they'd go with a defensive/shot blocker type)?

benefactor
06-28-2010, 06:59 PM
ALWAYS be leery of guys who have some kind of an offensive "breakout" experience playing for Don Nelson.
...and any team D'Antoni is coaching. :)

I was really pulling for Tolliver when the Spurs first brought him in. He had a lot of nice qualities but just could not make a shot to save his own life.

That said, I'd be for bringing him back on a cheap contract. He has some floor time under his belt now and their won't be much of a learning curve. As much as Pop liked him, he will at least get a phone call.

SenorSpur
06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Looks like Tolliver will be an unrestricted FA:

Riley said on Monday that the Warriors will make qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson but will not extend one to center Chris Hunter. As for Anthony Tolliver, he’s not getting one, either, although Riley wouldn’t go so far as to confirm that.

What that means is that Morrow and Watson are officially restricted free agents, giving the Warriors the right of first refusal when it comes to re-signing them. Hunter and Tolliver will become unrestricted free agents on July 1.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/06/28/10/Ws-Wont-Give-Qualifying-Offers-to-Tolliv/landing_steinmetz_v3.html?blockID=262181&feedID=5875

I'm curious as to how he became an unrestricted FA so quickly? Was it because he went undrafted a couple of years ago?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm curious as to how he became an unrestricted FA so quickly? Was it because he went undrafted a couple of years ago?It's because his one-season contract expired and Golden State did not extend a qualifying offer to him.

Ditty
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
he didnt play very well against us when i saw him and sucked in 2009 so for cheap yes better than bonner...mmmm i dont know bonner wasnt as bad as alot of people say he was this year in the playoffs

Bruno
06-29-2010, 06:36 AM
If it's true that he will be unrestricted, I can see Spurs going after him.

Spurs liked him in 08 but he was unable to shoot the ball at the NBA level. His stint with GS could show that he is now able to do it. Tolliver with his outside shooting and his mobility would complement very well a Duncan, Dice, Blair and Splitter frontcourt.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Get him.

ace3g
06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
speaking of the Warriors is Reggie Williams is FA?

ChumpDumper
06-29-2010, 03:16 PM
speaking of the Warriors is Reggie Williams is FA?I believe he is under contract this year.

Spurs Brazil
06-29-2010, 03:30 PM
If it's true that he will be unrestricted, I can see Spurs going after him.

Spurs liked him in 08 but he was unable to shoot the ball at the NBA level. His stint with GS could show that he is now able to do it. Tolliver with his outside shooting and his mobility would complement very well a Duncan, Dice, Blair and Splitter frontcourt.

What would be better. Tolliver for the minimum or Bonner for $2 million a year?

Bruno
06-29-2010, 03:36 PM
What would be better. Tolliver for the minimum or Bonner for $2 million a year?

Is it a true question of a rhetorical one ?

I don't even want Bonner back for the min considering how he sucks in the playoffs.

DPG21920
06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Tolliver still did not shoot all that well with GS but his energy, hustle and rebounding would be an upgrade over bonner. Do it.

Mel_13
06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't even want Bonner back for the min considering how he sucks in the playoffs.

Likewise Mason.

coyotes_geek
06-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Nobody's the least bit concerned that the Warriors didn't even bother offering Tolliver a QO?

Mel_13
06-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Nobody's the least bit concerned that the Warriors didn't even bother offering Tolliver a QO?

No. See TD21's breakdown in post #2. With the trade for Gadzuric, Tolliver got squeezed out by guys on guaranteed contracts.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Nobody's the least bit concerned that the Warriors didn't even bother offering Tolliver a QO?They are replacing him with Udoh and will have a full roster if they keep the players that did receive qualifying offers.

coyotes_geek
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Gotcha. Makes sense now. Thx.

Spurs Brazil
06-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Is it a true question of a rhetorical one ?

I don't care if Bonner is back or not but I think the Spurs will make a offer around that money.

EricD
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah lets sign another undersized big man. I mean teams that make the championship always have undersized big guys that can only shoot . :rolleyes

ceperez
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't care if Bonner is back or not but I think the Spurs will make a offer around that money.

Agree... sign for the minimum or get another 6'9" SF from somewhere!

benefactor
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Spurs could have signed him instead of Bonner and the impact would have been the same at worst. Guess wasting 16 million or so was just a better idea.

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Spurs could have signed him instead of Bonner and the impact would have been the same at worst. Guess wasting 16 million or so was just a better idea.

I will take the 40% 3pt shooter over the 30% shooter anyday...

benefactor
07-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I'll take a mobile energy big with upside that can actually do more than shoot over the one dimensional 16 million dollar man any day.

ace3g
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree, Tolliver is a much better rebounder and does much more on the floor than Bonner does

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Tolliver at vet min>>Bonner at his current price. I don't see how this is debatable.

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I'll take a mobile energy big with upside that can actually do more than shoot over the one dimensional 16 million dollar man any day.

Disagree...I will take the energy big(nobody on that court plays with more heart than bonner my man) who can shoot the 3 consistently. Don't hate Bonner cause of how much $ the spurs will give him, not his fault. Do not have time to wait or excess $ for Tolliver who may or may not ever become a legit NBA player.

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
The Spurs don't have the vet min for Tolliver but can waste millions on Bonner? lol..okay.

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I agree, Tolliver is a much better rebounder and does much more on the floor than Bonner does

:lol, no way...Tolliver sucks people. He played in an offense suited to run and gun this past season and had a couple of big games (along with every other player on that roster).

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Unknown player that may not pan out>>proven playoff choker paid millions of dollars.

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Tolliver at vet min>>Bonner at his current price. I don't see how this is debatable.

Not debating pay status, just skill status of today.

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM

You do realize that tolliver played 10 more minutes a game and averaged a whopping 1 more rebound than bonner. :rolleyes

ace3g
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Tolliver last season avg 7 boards, Bonner 3, where are you getting your stats?

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Not debating pay status, just skill status of today.
That's a pretty dumb statement. You can't debate the two player without looking at the potential financial repercussions. Tolliver at the minimum can be replaced if he doesn't work out. Bonner can't because he's a fat 4 year deal.

ace3g
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Bonner had 1 double digit rebounding game, while Tolliver had 13

ace3g
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Plus Tolliver gets more blks and steals

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Tolliver last season avg 7 boards, Bonner 3, where are you getting your stats?

You are correct, my bad, was looking at career #'s..7 boards in 32 minutes of average gametime does not make someone a good rebounder. Better than Bonner, yes..I still look at the fact that bonner is on the floor to spread out the defense and is much better at this than tolliver. If you want rebounding then play Blair.

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 04:19 PM
That's a pretty dumb statement. You can't debate the two player without looking at the potential financial repercussions. Tolliver at the minimum can be replaced if he doesn't work out. Bonner can't because he's a fat 4 year deal.

Whats dumb is you hating on Bonner cause of how much he makes. Blame the spurs not bonner for that. Bonner's skillset is no secret around the NBA, he is spot up 3pt shooter who spreads the floor. The spurs like this in a big man and feel he is very good at doing this. I gurantee that Tolliver's name never was mentioned in the front office cause his shooting sucks.

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Whats dumb is you hating on Bonner cause of how much he makes. Blame the spurs not bonner for that. Bonner's skillset is no secret around the NBA, he is spot up 3pt shooter who spreads the floor. The spurs like this in a big man and feel he is very good at doing this. I gurantee that Tolliver's name never was mentioned in the front office cause his shooting sucks.
Stop deflecting from the point. The point I'm making is that for what Bonner is getting paid and what Tolliver would be getting paid the difference on the floor would be minimal. It might be a little better with Bonner but not a significant amount. Are you suggesting that Bonner is suddenly going to become this amazing contributor that will help this team in the playoffs? Or that he should be a rotation big that plays 20+ minutes per game for the Spurs?

yavozerb
07-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Stop deflecting from the point. The point I'm making is that for what Bonner is getting paid and what Tolliver would be getting paid the difference on the floor would be minimal. It might be a little better with Bonner but not a significant amount. Are you suggesting that Bonner is suddenly going to become this amazing contributor that will help this team in the playoffs? Or that he should be a rotation big that plays 20+ minutes per game for the Spurs?

I am suggesting that Bonner well do what is asked of him by pop very well and that is to hit 3 pt shots. I would classify Bonner as an "amazing contributor" if he can shoot >45% from 3, as it stands he is a solid contributor at 40% while attempting 4 shots from beyond the arc per game. I can gurantee you Bonner wil be getting 15-20 minutes per game during the season. As for the playoffs, yes, I do agree he can improve his play and hopefully he will do so. Do you think Bonner is the reason the spurs lost in the playoffs? Bonner was only a small reason why the spurs played poorly against the suns and to lay blame on him is foolish.

DesignatedT
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I am suggesting that Bonner well do what is asked of him by pop very well and that is to hit 3 pt shots. I would classify Bonner as an "amazing contributor" if he can shoot >45% from 3, as it stands he is a solid contributor at 40% while attempting 4 shots from beyond the arc per game. I can gurantee you Bonner wil be getting 15-20 minutes per game during the season. As for the playoffs, yes, I do agree he can improve his play and hopefully he will do so. Do you think Bonner is the reason the spurs lost in the playoffs? Bonner was only a small reason why the spurs played poorly against the suns and to lay blame on him is foolish.

pretty much this.

Tolliver is definitely not as reliable from behind the arc as bonner and that's the main thing hes in there for.

With Duncan/Splitter/Dice/Blair, Bonner's signing doesn't really matter much. He is a good fill in big when Duncan or Dice needs a night off or in certain situations. Whatever they're paying him they're paying him... who cares. If they want to go over the luxury tax for Bonner then thats holts choice, I don't understand what the money argument is. It's not going against any of the money we could spend for FA anyway.

Stump
07-10-2010, 08:52 PM
With Duncan/Splitter/Dice/Blair, Bonner's signing doesn't really matter much. He is a good fill in big when Duncan or Dice needs a night off or in certain situations. Whatever they're paying him they're paying him... who cares. If they want to go over the luxury tax for Bonner then thats holts choice, I don't understand what the money argument is. It's not going against any of the money we could spend for FA anyway.
That's assuming Pop keeps him as the fifth big, which he probably won't. I think he'll continue to shuffle the rotation around in a chaotic manner like he did last year.

benefactor
07-10-2010, 11:36 PM
You are so fucking frustrating to debate with. You keep putting words in my mouth I didn't even say and then you ONCE AGAIN completely ignore the whole substance of my argument. If you are going to continue to debate like a 12 year old then I am done here. Have fun sandwich hunting with Matty.

Spurs Brazil
07-11-2010, 08:00 AM
The Hawks haven’t offered Shaq a contract yet. There’s still the open question of what kind of role he’s willing to accept on his new team. The Hawks also are said to be looking at Brad Miller, Ilgauskas, Kurt Thomas, Kwame Brown and Anthony Tolliver.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/07/10/atlanta-hawks-camp-chatter/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

yavozerb
07-11-2010, 08:03 AM

The Spurs don't have the vet min for Tolliver but can waste millions on Bonner? lol..okay.

Unknown player that may not pan out>>proven playoff choker paid millions of dollars.

You are so fucking frustrating to debate with. You keep putting words in my mouth I didn't even say and then you ONCE AGAIN completely ignore the whole substance of my argument. If you are going to continue to debate like a 12 year old then I am done here. Have fun sandwich hunting with Matty.

As a 12 year old (as you like to think of some posters around who do not agree with you) I can read over and over that you feel Bonner is an over paid player. I have not disagreed with this only stating that he accepted the contract the spurs offered him, not the other way around. You mention his lack of playoff production, again I agree and say he could be better without a doubt. Comparing Tolliver and Bonner as both shooting 4's is pretty crazy. Tolliver sucks as a 3pt shooter and Bonner is one of the best spot up shooting 4's in the league. Not sure how I keep "putting words in your mouth" . Your hate for bonner has consumed your rational way of thinking and quite frankly, I'm a little concerned..

benefactor
07-11-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't hate Bonner. I've actually defended him many times in the past, especially last season early on in the year when is production was quite good. But that was then and this is now.

I think where we are not finding common ground here is role and expectation. Splitter is here now, so that gives the Spurs four rotation bigs. Duncan should play 30min, Splitter 25, McDyess 20 and Blair 20. There are 96 available minutes on the front line...and that scenario would consume 95. The 5th big should only play spot duty and in situational lineups. That's why I'm saying Tolliver is a better option than Bonner. He's not as good of a shooter(he doesn't suck, as you suggest either...33% from the arc is serviceable), but he is quicker, a better rebounder, passer and at least has some upside. These are the types of thing one needs from an energy big. The fact that he could be signed at the minimum and not locked in to a long, expensive deal makes it an even easier choice.

There is no longer the same role here for Bonner...unless you are saying you want to take minutes away from Splitter/Blair/McDyess.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 10:08 AM
How people don't understand what benefactor is saying is crazy.

Also, all this contract means (unless they trade him) is that Bonner will certainly not be the 5th big. It is not a hard concept for to see that the Spurs FO values him way more than we do.

benefactor
07-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Moved to the discussion to the Bonner thread for the sake of not derailing this one too much.

mountainballer
07-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Splitter is here now, so that gives the Spurs four rotation bigs. Duncan should play 30min, Splitter 25, McDyess 20 and Blair 20. There are 96 available minutes on the front line...and that scenario would consume 95.

There is no longer the same role here for Bonner...unless you are saying you want to take minutes away from Splitter/Blair/McDyess.

that's why my first thought was (when Bonner was re signed) that Dice is on the trading block. if Dice is traded for a SF (he can bring back a salary from 3.8 to 6.2 million, should be possible to find a quality role player in that range. Delfino + filler anyone?)
as much as I like Dice, but a front court rotation of Tim (30)-Tiago (25)-Blair (20)-Bonner (20) makes some sense.
5th big would be a cheap player. (Ian?)

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:18 AM
that's why my first thought was (when Bonner was re signed) that Dice is on the trading block. if Dice is traded for a SF (he can bring back a salary from 3.8 to 6.2 million, should be possible to find a quality role player in that range. Delfino + filler anyone?)
as much as I like Dice, but a front court rotation of Tim (30)-Tiago (25)-Blair (20)-Bonner (20) makes some sense.
5th big would be a cheap player. (Ian?)

If that is the case, then fine. That actually seems like the only way this team would have a legit shot to compete. They need to make a trade for a legit SF that fits whether that be by moving Hill, Blair or Dice or Bonner. Obviously I would rather Bonner be moved.

But other than that, signing Bonner for this much is a dumb move because of his role. That or the Spurs will be playing Bonner as the 4th to 3rd big.

mountainballer
07-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I dislike the Bonner signing as much as most here do. but considering it's for 4 years, they plan with him, obviously. the only big who can be moved right now is Dice. (ok Blair as well, but what do you get for a player with a low salary)

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2010, 11:52 AM
The Spurs spending 4 million a year on a 5th big really is mind-boggling. It means two things:

1) Spurs really plan on limiting Duncan and McDyess' minutes during the regular season.

or

2) Spurs plan on packaging McDyess or Blair in a trade.

I don't necessarily buy the Spurs trading McDyess or Blair; so that makes me believe Spurs intend to limit Duncan and McDyess' minutes as much as possible.

That being said, Bonner's the best quality stretch-4 that was available; I was skeptical Spurs bringing him back because of his assumed price tag (high for a 5th big).

The Spurs spending 4 million for him says enough on how much they valued the quality of the 5th big spot in the rotation.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Every thread is slowly turning into a Bonner thread.

ceperez
07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
for what gsw is offering tolliver.... about 1m a season, i think should consider his services.

don't expect him to be a superstar, but a serviceable big that can hit the outside shot when needed.

Anonymous Cowherd
08-06-2010, 05:01 PM
He's going to the Timberwolves.

Another one bites the dust.

will_spurs
08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Happy to hear he's got a contract. Any idea in what ballpark his contract is?

admiralsnackbar
08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Happy to hear he's got a contract. Any idea in what ballpark his contract is?

Per his agent, it's "as much as" 2 yrs, $4.8M, so 2nd year is a TO and/or there are performance incentive bonuses.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38598098/ns/sports-player_news/

ceperez
08-08-2010, 05:15 AM
http://m.youtube.com/?ytsession=ynGchNFg5eeX-4lN70Eh_TzM1e5oZfpDq2ke1cITP_Z3kOK27IxoZMmRF_40KW8 4gtpQn7QmlXPOdZ4zq-Qu0QulUegpQqPHCAUoqg1GAmal9uWOuyMG6g7V2xQsnbk0CwjR 9P_EenC2UJIIwZfHPw#/watch?client=mv-google&xl=xl_tsp&v=fvL5KRoXC00

ceperez
08-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Per his agent, it's "as much as" 2 yrs, $4.8M, so 2nd year is a TO and/or there are performance incentive bonuses.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38598098/ns/sports-player_news/

A bit too pricey for the spurs.

Chomag
08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Would have been good had the Spurs not decided to have signed Bonner to a long term beefy contract. Getting him now would be a bit redundant.

Such a shame as I believe Toliver is much more talented and has way more upside then Bonner.