Bruno
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_josh_boone.jpg
Born: Nov 21, 1984
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108.9 kg.
College: Connecticut
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_boone/career_stats.html)

He will likely be and UFA.

mountainballer
04-15-2010, 06:17 AM
what happened to him? developed promising in his first two seasons and looked like he could become a decent defensive big, but couldn't even keep his spot in the rotation of the worst team in the NBA this season.

blkroadrunners
04-15-2010, 08:18 AM
The emergence of Brook Lopez has really affected his minutes on the court, plus a number of injuries last year hurt him as well.

IMO, Boone's a poor-mans Joakim Noah. He can rebound well and defend, but his offense is very raw.

yavozerb
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM
The emergence of Brook Lopez has really affected his minutes on the court, plus a number of injuries last year hurt him as well.

IMO, Boone's a poor-mans Joakim Noah. He can rebound well and defend, but his offense is very raw.

thats an understatement...Guy is a stiff and I would much rather have mahinmi who has much more agility around the court.

blkroadrunners
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
thats an understatement...Guy is a stiff and I would much rather have mahinmi who has much more agility around the court.

I concur. I'd much rather stick w/ Ian.

jjktkk
04-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Boone is still young, and could be signed for the vet. min. Imo wouldn't be bad to have on the end of the bench and see of he could develop.

exstatic
04-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Mahinmi's probably not coming back. He finally got some minutes against a quality opponent, and put up a so/so 8/4 in 15 minutes, nowhere near his per minute numbers for garbage time or opponents like NJ or Minny. Meanwhile, his competition (Blair) dropped his second 20/20 on a WC playoff team.

Boone's career rebounding per 40 is 11.2, not too shabby. His best year was his second in the league at 11.5r/40. If you can nab a young 25 YO vet who brings some blue collar/lunch bucket toughness and athleticism to your roster for minimum or close to it, you do it.

Srupsog
07-12-2010, 02:59 AM
Do you guys think he would be a good get, as an insurance big. He can play both post positions, he's athletic and can guard mobile 4s. He could be that defensive minded big that the spurs need, he will rebound, block some shots, guard any C or PF we need him to, finish around the rim with dunk (something Bonner can never do), and hustle. Plus he's only 25, so he still has upside. I say we sign him, he's a better bet than Ian, his all around game is way ahead of Ian right now.
But what do you guys think?

Mal
07-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Wait. TD, Dice, Tiago, Blair Bonner. Yeah, there`s one place left, but Boone does not accept to play garbage time.

Darkwaters
07-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Doubtful. Had we not signed Bonner then maybe. But with Duncan, Splitter, McDyess, Blair and Bonner all commanding minutes then I don't see how he fits. Unless someone is traded theres just no space.

Seventyniner
07-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Boone can do a lot better than the minimum as a 6th big. If (rofl) Petro can get $10M, Boone can get at least half that.